Thief Maat Broken
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Diabolos.Tamarand
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: tamarand
By Diabolos.Tamarand 2010-05-16 23:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey I just hit 70 on thief and started doing Maat fights for the genki quest however 25 testimonies and 3 days later I am still unable to steal from him. I would hope that my luck is not that bad that I can steal from him 50 times and not get anything. Has anyone else had this problem or is Maat just that broken?

P.S. I have most of the Steal+ gear minus the Rabits Charm and Kote.
 Sylph.Ashaaman
Server: Sylph
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-05-16 23:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't it be easier after 25 attempts to just kill him?
[+]
 Diabolos.Tamarand
By Diabolos.Tamarand 2010-05-16 23:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried that he murdered me pretty quickly. Got him down to about 50% and i cannot afford the gear that it would require.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
Server: Bismarck
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-05-16 23:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

steal+ gear helps
 Diabolos.Tamarand
By Diabolos.Tamarand 2010-05-16 23:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Right Now I have Steal +8 out of a possible +11 at this point I think that that 3 difference would have been usless.
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-16 23:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe it is broken atm as well. I have a friend that recently tried and failed twice and he is at max steal+

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Diabolos.Tamarand
By Diabolos.Tamarand 2010-05-16 23:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I can understand that 2 times you're not likely to get it but I am really starting to think that they changed it so that Stealing it doesn't work or it is just broken to where maat is unable to be stolen from anymore.

P.S. By this time I have tried stealing from him on every kind of day in game there is multiple times. I have been able to run Maat about 3 times every 2 hours and have done so for the last 3 days.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-16 23:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Mabrook said:
Earthsday is regarded as steal++ day, it's a proven fact in game.

Next time you do Maat fight, enter on Earthsday and try to steal from him at that time, if it does not work then try again when you unweaken or when you RR.

You have like a 30-40%+ chance to get the warp scroll and win if you try twice.
Source?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-17 00:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The plural of anecdote is not data. Give me data or don't use the word proven, your choice.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Matakuko
Server: Asura
user: MATAKUKO
By Asura.Matakuko 2010-05-17 00:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Check and make sure you don't already have a scroll of instant warp in your inventory because if you do there is no way you'll ever steal it off him since you can only hold one at a time.
 Diabolos.Tamarand
By Diabolos.Tamarand 2010-05-17 00:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matakuko said:
Check and make sure you don't already have a scroll of instant warp in your inventory because if you do there is no way you'll ever steal it off him since you can only hold one at a time.

I know for a fact that I do not have one because I use one every Testimony.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-17 00:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
The plural of anecdote is not data. Give me data or don't use the word proven, your choice.
So you want me to waste an insane amount of time to prove to you what I say is correct? Even after I have proven it to myself? You must not be thinking clearly lol.

Two dynamis runs, one on Earthsday and one on another day can prove my theory if you care to test it on your own time. But make sure to stay consistent with the stealing and not forget to use it every 5 mins to have the best results.
I'm thinking perfectly clearly; you obviously have no recorded data and are thus eyeballing. My statements stand.
[+]
By Lancenageem 2010-05-17 00:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Steal can only be used to defeat Maat on your first time doing G5. I am unsure if that brings any light to the subject.
Also I found that the Thief Kote truely did the trick, try asking somebody if you can borrow some?
My ALT, <Lecherous> 2x Tests 4x Steal Won with #4 and under a minute to spare after useing reraise. I was irritated with +13 Steal, knowing that it was the max I could obtain @ lv70 and I only had to do it twice, I can't imagin 30x. I think I would have done (as other advised) and went ape-nuts on him and DD'd.

Good Luck.

Rabbit Charm= +1
Key Ring Belt= +1
Thief Kote= +3
Rogue's Bonnet= +1
Rogue's Poulaine= +2
Rogue's Culottes= +1
Rogue's Armlets= +1
Rogue's Ring= +3 ( Let Maat get a shot on ya to activate )

Beat Maat on: May 12th 2010 (idk what game day)
 Diabolos.Tamarand
By Diabolos.Tamarand 2010-05-17 00:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I'll attempt one more steal on earthday after that if it should fail is there anyway to figure out if I'm just really unlucky or the game has a bug?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-17 00:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Personal experience and testing of over 5 years with THF since I've had it at 75, not to mention THF maat was my first maat win when I started the game.
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
So you want me to waste an insane amount of time to prove to you what I say is correct? Even after I have proven it to myself? You must not be thinking clearly lol.

Two dynamis runs, one on Earthsday and one on another day can prove my theory if you care to test it on your own time. But make sure to stay consistent with the stealing and not forget to use it every 5 mins to have the best results.
Quote:
it's a proven fact in game.

LOL

no data whatsoever and yet a "proven fact"
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-17 00:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I'm thinking perfectly clearly; you obviously have no recorded data and are thus eyeballing. My statements stand.
You clearly have no positive input on this thread so why post in it?

Oh wait nvm, you're trolling lol.
you are, making ridiculous claims as "proven facts" but yet you haven't proven ***
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-17 00:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

So you admit you have no real ground to stand on here? Not trolling, I just dislike when people try to pass off superstition as "proven fact".

My positive input: you're a THF, you may say you don't have the gil to get decent DD gear but that's only because you haven't gone out and farmed. Get out there, farm up some cheap replacements for the AF you're wearing and/or get the rare/ex stuff, then go back with food, meds, and a strategy that doesn't depend on Steal and whip Maat's ***.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-17 00:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

You can call it what you will but hes right.

You're using the words "Proven" and "Fact".

Both of which are by definition something that be backed up with hard physical evidence.

if you have nothing outside of Word of mouth and eyeballed tests don't wave it around as fact, simply state it as opinion or belief.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-17 00:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
if you have nothing outside of Word of mouth and eyeballed tests don't wave it around as fact, simply state it as opinion or belief.
This. I don't care if you want to mention it as an anecdote but without hard data you shouldn't be calling it proven fact. I may not believe it regardless without data but I'm not going to call somebody out over an anecdote that's given as such.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-17 00:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok OP, listen up.

You need exactly 3,283 gil, if you have more or less, it won't work.

73% crescent moon.

Absolute virtue and pandemonium warden must BOTH be up.

You will have 100% steal rate
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-05-17 00:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

your mom must be having her thrice child as well... SE takes all of this data into account.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-17 00:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Feifongwong said:
your mom must be having her thrice child as well... SE takes all of this data into account.
Poppycock!
By Lancenageem 2010-05-17 00:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Proven ~or~ Fact..... your arguments arent going help this guy beat G5. Start a new forum elsewhere about your topic. Or just add any URL that will confirm anything as truth, opinions, lies or creative writing.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-17 00:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lancenageem said:
Proven ~or~ Fact..... your arguments arent going help this guy beat G5. Start a new forum elsewhere about your topic. Or just add any URL that will confirm anything as truth, opinions, lies or creative writing.
This post should have been its own topic, yo

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5