Thief Maat Broken
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-17 12:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean only the tigerbunch cared about what mabrook had to say trying to help this guy, so who else is silently exacting justice upon mabrooks posts
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-17 12:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you know what a white knight is.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-17 12:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
I mean only the tigerbunch cared about what mabrook had to say trying to help this guy, so who else is silently exacting justice upon mabrooks posts

We don't like what he's saying because it's ***. Expressing something as a proven fact when you have no data whatsoever is VERY BAD (see: CHR helps Provoke! etc); it is not good to spread misinformation.

As to your rating down point, correlation-causation confusion logical fallacy I think.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-05-17 12:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ya I wanna know too, my feeling will forever have scars by this thread ; ;
I'll man up and say I [-]'s your posts on the first page because saying something is fact without any proof besides "I've proved it to myself" or "my friend..." etc. Nothing personal, but its the same way I feel about crafting (see the "New moon/ Full moon" thread).
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-17 12:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna downrate my post like a boss.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-17 13:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
think its kinda funny that we get to see who the rate down *** are in this thread, I assume nightfyre and tiger started it and then their doppelgangers continued the barrage of -1s
lol what? I've rated down maybe two posts ever, and they weren't in this thread.

Pretty cool that I have a mafia (that I didn't know about) though, I get to order around my henchmen! bwahahaha
[+]
By Alaik 2010-05-17 13:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Little Vinny says the thing over with the guy in Jersey fell through Nightfyre.
By Thandar 2010-05-17 13:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you guys much not pay attention, because everytime I try to steal I make sure I'm in the shadows, and I stack as much earth resistance gear and wind - gear so that the earth can't stop me and the wind guides my hands to my target, works 100% of the time everytime.

I've stolen a Kracken Club from Absolute Virtue, don't think it's true try it.

Then you can crunch the numbers because it's true to me.

Yeah.
[+]
By Alaik 2010-05-17 13:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard about that Thandar, but first you have to be sure to strike AV with your THF's knife, then barehand him with your assassin's armlets on, THEN steal, otherwise the KC isn't in his steal pull.

True story, I know a guy who knows a guy who got 4 clubs this way, it even removed the rare tag and he now quad-wields in Campaign.
[+]
By Alaik 2010-05-17 13:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Steal pool^ 3 hours of sleep, no beuno. :\
[+]
By Thandar 2010-05-17 13:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I forgot to mention that, because I figured everyone knew that.

also, make sure you're not wearing any gear on your legs, it makes you to slow.
[+]
By Thandar 2010-05-17 13:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, if you have any music playing, or have had any music playing in the last 48 hours on your computer, other then FFXI music, you can't steal anything.
[+]
 Shiva.Alaik
Server: Shiva
user: Alaik
By Shiva.Alaik 2010-05-17 13:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Limewire has me again...
[+]
By Thandar 2010-05-17 13:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope all my proof has been helpful.
Oh, I found a chart that proves everything I said.

http://www.williams.edu/astronomy/Course-Pages/111/Images/chart_2006_4.jpg
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-05-17 13:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Tamarand said:
Hey I just hit 70 on thief and started doing Maat fights for the genki quest however 25 testimonies and 3 days later I am still unable to steal from him. I would hope that my luck is not that bad that I can steal from him 50 times and not get anything. Has anyone else had this problem or is Maat just that broken?

P.S. I have most of the Steal gear minus the Rabits Charm and Kote.

Get a rabbits charm and a kote, but on one of your rings try a + int ring.

The reason I say that... If maat is that good, and a quick relaity check, it takes a certian lvl of INT to actually know how to stteal, if yo uthink of it.. a theif always knows how to plan a robbery, heist, theft, b4 the job is done.. IRL.. so (winks) try adding 1 INT ring. to your equipment, then give it a try!

Goodluck! let me know how you win!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-17 14:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Hahaha

For posting *** Boxxy, I've lost all respect I've ever had for you.

anyone that likes or posts anything to do with boxxy is the cancer killing the internet.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-05-17 14:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Hahaha
For posting *** *****, I've lost all respect I've ever had for you. anyone that likes or posts anything to do with ***** is the cancer killing the internet.
you unintentionally posted ***** in your post. you are also part of the cancer
[+]
 Odin.Venomous
Server: Odin
By Odin.Venomous 2010-05-17 14:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm, sell your steal gear, skill up & farm the gil you need to fund your fight. Done that o begin with you'd of already beaten him... maybe. I'm just sayin..
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-05-17 17:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Hahaha
For posting *** *****, I've lost all respect I've ever had for you. anyone that likes or posts anything to do with ***** is the cancer killing the internet.
you unintentionally posted ***** in your post. you are also part of the cancer

LOL at Flion!!! He is cancer!!! lol
 Leviathan.Aneu
Server: Leviathan
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-05-17 18:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Evasion skillup = go into besieged, find a bunch of unclaimed mobs, pop d.wing, engage one, use fanatic's drink, use cyclone, enjoy skillups till it wears, let them kill you, zone to whitegate, zone back in getting new meds, repeat. Also, I downrated all posts by two people in here but they probably know who they are. People act like downrating takes so much effort lol.
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2010-05-17 18:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bored at work:
-Hmm... let's check FFXIAH.com.
-Thief Maat Broken? I wonder ...
-
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Earthsday is regarded as steal++ day, it's a proven fact in game.

Next time you do Maat fight, enter on Earthsday and try to steal from him at that time, if it does not work then try again when you unweaken or when you RR.

You have like a 30-40%+ chance to get the warp scroll and win if you try twice.
Wait.. what?

-
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
My friend in dynamis stole a 100 piece from a statue on Earthsday without knowing about this in game. Do you think that was luck also?
wat

-
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
A white knight appears! Bravo good sir, bravo.
LOL!
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-17 20:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

People actually still try to steal from maat? Fighting him on thf is easy
 Fenrir.Vacian
Server: Fenrir
user: Vacian
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-05-18 04:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Mytoy

Qoutes broken i guess, but dont forget Sneak Attack on the first WS. Like I said earlier I went into THF maat fight with the intention of stealing from him probably 4-5 times if I remember, went in once to KO him and thats all it took, I didnt have capped eva or exeptional gear either, Macros are your friend in this fight, Macro the ***out of everything, bring Xpotsm Defense food, TP wing,sleep potion etc etc
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-18 04:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I used my normal DD gear for the fight with him. Granted I was a little higher lvl like 74-75ish. But then again my gear wasn't that great then either lol. And my evasion was around the rdm cap at the time lol.

Part of the problem I had is the first SA ws took him down so low that he PD'd and I couldn't do a self skillchain with dancing edges. Then just flee'd to run down his timer ran back in and did another DE. Was dead before I could get tp again.

Didn't even use my 2hr on him or potions. Though obviously used tp wing and and sleep pots. He doesn't seem to evasive so sleep/drain bolts should work decent. Acid too I guess lol. Getting a SA DE into a regular one for skillchain should take off a huge chunk in itself. Then running down his PD with flee and/or trotters and buying time with your own PD to get tp and DE again should be enough I'd think. Also merriting daggers on another job can help a little lol.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-18 04:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have any factual evidence to back myself up, but from my 1/1 experience on Thief G5, I used a sleep bolt on him and stole his whatever from behind. Perhaps placement is a variable for steal? Hard to say, but give it a shot next time you get a testy.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-18 04:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
I don't have any factual evidence to back myself up, but from my 1/1 experience on Thief G5, I used a sleep bolt on him and stole his whatever from behind. Perhaps placement is a variable for steal? Hard to say, but give it a shot next time you get a testy.
Whether it is or not, Maat doesn't move at all until you actually do something offensive to him anyway so you don't need to Sleep Bolt him.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-18 04:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah that's right. It's been a few years so I don't remember what I did exactly, but I do recall using sneak attack then immediately using steal and being successful from behind on the first try. Good luck OP~