Hahaha

Is that Chii24? lol
 Phoenix.Lazuras
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2010-05-18 09:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Steal is just random.

I just went 1/1 on my Maat fight with no steal+ gear at all.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-05-18 09:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
I don't have any factual evidence to back myself up, but from my 1/1 experience on Thief G5, I used a sleep bolt on him and stole his whatever from behind. Perhaps placement is a variable for steal? Hard to say, but give it a shot next time you get a testy.
I tried that strategy because it was posted on wiki and sounded easy. I couldn't land a sleep bolt on him with capped marksmanship skill and full ranged acc gear at 66. Tried again at 68 and still failed to win this way, however I was able to land one out of like 10-15 shots and it lasted for 3 seconds. Melee is the way to go @ 68+ with (hoplites) harpe. Just bring along some regen and vile elixar(+1) and go for it.
 Unicorn.Ducea
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Ducea 2010-05-18 09:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

i went 0/14 x2 steals on maat with thf missing only the af shoes for steal +. after getting tired of stealing testis once every 3 hours of time spent. i lvled sam and destroyed maat. try that!
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-05-18 09:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

yeh one of my LS friends is having trouble with maat thf as well..

its her 2nd character so know how thf works as she kinda had thf on that too..

0/3 so far..

/em toddles fof to reset tonberry hate for her to steal another test :(
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-18 09:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Just melee him down. If your gear/skills aren't good enough to melee him down then you should probably stay at 70 until you can.
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-05-18 09:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinkydink said:
yeh one of my LS friends is having trouble with maat thf as well..

its her 2nd character so know how thf works as she kinda had thf on that too..

0/3 so far..

/em toddles fof to reset tonberry hate for her to steal another test :(

Why are you killing them? Just steal and if you fail, hide. No need to kill and reset hate. Very easy solo.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1821 days between previous and next post]
By lhova 2015-05-13 15:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick related question, are testimony's able to be sent within same account? Thanks.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-05-13 15:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy Necrobump...

to answer your question, No. Not sendable.
Sources
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Thf._Testimony
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/7267?p=92966&viewfull=1#post92966
 Leviathan.Skyfawn
Server: Leviathan
user: Skyfawn
By Leviathan.Skyfawn 2015-05-14 04:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

You linked to a list that was reviewed in 2011. I'm pretty sure that you can now send POLsend Testimonies.but As I have 10 hours left on update I cannot confirm that today.
If I remember I have a testimony on a couple of mules and will test this out when I can get into the game and post back here and correct the Wiki if you can indeed now POLsend these items.
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-05-14 05:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Holy Necrobump...
Looks like the OP still has not successfully stolen from Maat...
[+]
 Asura.Womwom
Server: Asura
user: Eilan
By Asura.Womwom 2015-05-14 06:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Testimonies are not sendable within PoL account. Coffer keys are, but test are not.
 Leviathan.Skyfawn
Server: Leviathan
user: Skyfawn
By Leviathan.Skyfawn 2015-05-14 07:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got online and was able to test.
Seems I was wrong, Testimonies are still not POLsend.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-05-14 08:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Tamarand said: »
Hey I just hit 70 on thief and started doing Maat fights for the genki quest however 25 testimonies and 3 days later I am still unable to steal from him. I would hope that my luck is not that bad that I can steal from him 50 times and not get anything. Has anyone else had this problem or is Maat just that broken?

P.S. I have most of the Steal+ gear minus the Rabits Charm and Kote.
Gunna say this now and come a across as a ***.

Do you understand how Percentages work? STeal is a chance, therefore you could try 600000000 times and have a chance of getting nothing, you're just that unlucky. Get over it and Gear up to kill him.

Lakshmi.Mabrook said: »
Ohnoes, please don't call the internet cops on me!

The word proven stands correct in my eyes,

Proven = A Fact with evidence to back up said statement, when referencing a fact that effects numerous people suggest large empirical data.

Now to explain in Law:
"A system of rules and standards that is used to determine which facts may be admitted, and to what extent a judge or jury may consider those facts, as proof of a particular issue in a lawsuit."

Judging by your amazing sample size of 3? I will use the mog lotto as an example where you have a 1 in 99999 chance of winning, I could get 1 number, buy it on Earthsday and state this is a fact that because I won once, after buying on Earthsday that I have proof buying on Earthsday = 100% drop. This is clearly incorrect as the law of percenteges is still considerably against me.

Your proof has no data that shows conclusive evidence of percentages and therefore, inadmissable due to being "grossly missleading and highly suseptible to error's and tangent results.

Now if we assume you are trying to provide sufficient data, and this is a auniversally agreed basis for sample sizing, so get over this as you are so far behind on this it's laughable.

Quote:
The equation is:[5]

E = N - B - T,

N is the total number of individuals or units in the study (minus 1)
B is the blocking component, representing environmental effects allowed for in the design (minus 1)
T is the treatment component, corresponding to the number of treatment groups (including control group) being used, or the number of questions being asked (minus 1)
E is the degrees of freedom of the error component, and should be somewhere between 10 and 20.

Issue's with your sample Size:
Point 1: Number of persons in Study -1, you are the only person therefore -1 = 0 test subjects (So your proof fails on point 1).
Point 2: Environmental effects, Your only test is Earthsday, you have no data for non Earthsdays. Failed on point 2.
Point 3: You have no Control group to use as a base test (this would be assuming days provide no bonus and sufficient sample for all days combined vs Earthsday and non Earthsday tests) You have failed on point 3.
Point 4: Margins for error and taking into account the yeild for errors/obtuse results i.e insane Luck, you have failed on point 4.

Now we have established your proof has not met a single point on this, it's evident you are wrong and your proof is insufficient to be considered anything but eyeballing and a personal testimony.

Sources for this being the standard testing, along with other tests/benchmarks for evidence to be considered proof especially when dealing with percentages ~
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-05-14 08:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Quick related question, are testimony's able to be sent within same account? Thanks.

No sorry mate but Testimonies can be used 3 times now