Do You Use Any Dat Swaps?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Do you use any Dat swaps?
Do you use any Dat swaps?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-05-25 21:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Great work, come back :P
By Mooshywooshy 2010-05-25 21:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Wish I could, wish I could!
 Alexander.Odaka
Server: Alexander
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2010-05-25 21:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

:V

ne1 still have that spell swap program? :)
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-05-26 06:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how to setup the shiny HQ staff's .dat's? The folder path is confusing me (ROM-127) and (ROM-46) I'm not 100% sure what this means, ROM(1)-27, and the ROM(?)-46? Someone help me out with this please.

edit: I'm dumb, ignore this post -_-;
 Siren.Corrin
Server: Siren
By Siren.Corrin 2010-05-26 07:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive seen people in Salvage who have dat mods for the names of some of the mobs. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to find these online? Or were they just something the person made by themself?
 Ramuh.Foulei
Server: Ramuh
user: foulei
By Ramuh.Foulei 2010-05-28 18:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Google is your friend but i am in a happy mood

http://www.manafont.org/blog/salvage-dats-rehosted/
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-29 00:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone ever successfully been able to replace ambiance wind sounds with music to play in particular zones that do not contain music without any overlapping or inconsistencies of any kind?
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-29 00:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

As you all probably know, zones that don't have their own unique music will typically contain wind/environment ambiance noise files to take place over the absence of music. However here is the dilemma:

There's a lot of *** ambiance sounds, and each one has specific applications to who knows what zone at who knows what condition. Not to mention these have extremely difficult to detect loop patterns and inconsistencies due to battle music, weather interference and whatnot. If anyone has any knowledge on how one can go about adding music to music-less zones I would greatly appreciate it. Anyone interested in researching or tackling this objective, feel free to PM me.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-29 00:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

/bumps and prays
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-05-29 01:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually if I'm not mistaken, the wind effects are often tied to the time of day or weather effects. This question was asked quite some time ago on the FFXIDATS forum and from what i remember there wasn't a discovered way to do it at all.

People did try but it's like i said it's too dynamic.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-29 01:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Actually if I'm not mistaken, the wind effects are often tied to the time of day or weather effects. This question was asked quite some time ago on the FFXIDATS forum and from what i remember there wasn't a discovered way to do it at all.

Oh well, at least I got vana and itunes~
At least now I know this is far out of my league.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-05-29 01:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

Oh well, at least I got vana and itunes~
At least now I know this is far out of my league.
Yeah it's just that wind doesn't always play... lathiene is a good example... it only has the wind sound either during wind weather or near/inside valleys. Rain during rain only.

Vanatunes is a good alternative which is probably why it was created lol.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-29 01:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it's crazy. I heard someone to attempted replacing said ambiance sounds with music files but what happened was it played very inconsistently and had a tendency to be completely overwritten by weather sound effects and even the music overlapping itself when a loop sequence was given in game. I think modifying them to play one track straight through is out of the question for anyone sadly.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-05-29 01:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well having coded a few ideas myself through flash... what is probably happening is that wind sound effects are setup in different files.

example: Wind 1 Wind 2 Wind 3

Wind 1 plays then Wind 2 fires randomly with an ocasional wind 3... then wind 1 kicks up again.

Basically that simulates realistic wind. If you replaced any of them with music then it WOULD be inconsistent and random.

Hopefully that makes sense.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-29 01:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The only option is to find out which wind files are played when and where, and replace any other combined wind file and overwrite said files with a recorded silence.

Sounds like a pain in the *** to me.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-05-29 01:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

plus other zones might use the same wind files but not in the same order. I wouldn't mess with them considering all the trouble and possibilities.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-29 01:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be possible if there were audio files specifically linked to a particular zone, however, they all seem to have their own complex system of playback conditions and locations. Not worth the effort.

Also would you happen to know of a way to convert post CoP music files? SE did something to prevent it and make it significantly more difficult.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-05-29 01:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
It would be possible if there were audio files specifically linked to a particular zone, however, they all seem to have their own complex system of playback conditions and locations. Not worth the effort.

Also would you happen to know of a way to convert post CoP music files? SE did something to prevent it and make it significantly more difficult.
That's an entirely different monster. You'll have to have something that can read/convert those files and then convert them back again into the older format they used pre-TOAU.

Basically you have to backwards write them to a different format and then re-encode them and replace. And you'd have to do that for each one.

There are free ones but i personally use Adobe Soundboothe for all my audio needs. I'm not sure what to suggest honestly. I'm sure others might.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-29 01:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I used that free japanese software called Ximc. It worked wonders despite being somewhat difficult to see what you were doing, but attempting to convert the bgm file to wav made it crash instantly.
By Mooshywooshy 2010-05-29 16:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if one could hex in a call for music in non-music zones (while keeping ambient intact)?
 Alexander.Odaka
Server: Alexander
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2010-05-30 01:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Odaka said:
ne1 still have that spell swap program? :)

just gonna..bump this along..
 Quetzalcoatl.Everdyne
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Everdyne
By Quetzalcoatl.Everdyne 2010-05-30 01:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Mooshywooshy said:
I wonder if one could hex in a call for music in non-music zones (while keeping ambient intact)?

Only Mooshy would think to get Hex involved. :-P
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-05-30 03:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
I used that free japanese software called Ximc. It worked wonders despite being somewhat difficult to see what you were doing, but attempting to convert the bgm file to wav made it crash instantly.

Odd, I've used it for years and never had any issues... Did you try converting a ToAU/WoTG Song? They are encoded differently.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-30 03:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:

Odd, I've used it for years and never had any issues... Did you try converting a ToAU/WoTG Song? They are encoded differently.

That's what I meant to say. Everything post CoP is encoded differently and is impossible to convert using that software. Would need something much more professional and expensive to re-encode it to be playable/convert friendly.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-30 03:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Mooshywooshy said:

This.... Is a very good idea. I'm going to look into this. I need better audio editing/converting software though -_-
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-05-30 03:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:

That's what I meant to say. Everything post CoP is encoded differently and is impossible to convert using that software. Would need something much more professional and expensive to re-encode it to be playable/convert friendly.

Well that program has been around for bloody years, it had a good run you gotta give it that. =)
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-30 03:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:

Well that program has been around for bloody years, it had a good run you gotta give it that. =)

True, but I am not sure how I'm going to be able to replace toau/wotg song files with my own if I encode my own music to the "simple" format that worked in vanilla ffxi/roz/cop and toss it in the toau/wotg folder. Might make the game freak out on me.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-30 03:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's see... CoP music uses a 2-channel 16-bit 44100Hz ADPCM format using a BGW file extension.

ToAU uses 2-channel 16-bit 44100Hz ATRAC3 but is still BGW in file extension. I wonder what would happen if I tossed a ADPCM format in the ToAU/WotG folder >.>

I had a feeling this would lead to confusing *** and even more audiophile complexity.
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-05-30 03:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:

True, but I am not sure how I'm going to be able to replace toau/wotg song files with my own if I encode my own music to the "simple" format that worked in vanilla ffxi/roz/cop and toss it in the toau/wotg folder. Might make the game freak out on me.

I have, many times. Works fine.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-30 03:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay. Good to know the newer expansion music will still function in the older format.

/sigh of relief

Now I just need to look into replacing those long string of <calls> with music so I can have a continuous song run with ambiance for zones that don't contain their own music. Just gotta hope nobody is going to use <call5-21>
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9