Do You Use Any Dat Swaps?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Do you use any Dat swaps?
Do you use any Dat swaps?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Ramuh.Valafar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Valafar
By Ramuh.Valafar 2010-05-11 16:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason mine are all pretty much MH-related for those long times spent lfp and/or semi-afk:

A custom .dat I made portraying my mule char. I used to use the Ancient Blood wall painting but the quality was so terrible I redid it with Hoary Spire as soon as I could obtain the object ingame. I believe the actual image in the frame is this one, a 20-second copypasta from altanaview and spit on by photoshop, then distorted ingame. Genuinely nothing fancy (because I knew effort would be wasted on the final result).

And the music within my MH has long since been changed to:
FFRemix Terra's Theme

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/NSShard/img_20100511_222828.png
To fix the boring wooden head of my mannequin :3

And finally, although I don't even play a mithra as a main character, the common-as-all-hell idle swap. I believe the face here is also a high-res dat with freckles and better eyes.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/NSShard/img_20100511_223514.png

I might have a few other dats lying around unused - HQ versions of armor textures etc - and I think I have one or two custom MH texture sets I've made over the years, but don't use any of them. As neat as it is to redesign the look/style of the MH I found it hard to see any of them as "fitting" as the original textures... if that makes any sense.

Edit - Oh, and that Mandy Warden is goddamn awesome. Somewhat creepy perhaps, but awesome.

Edit2 - Eheh, reread and saw it's only meant to be armor dats. Removed images but put text links instead - ignore at will! :D

[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-05-11 16:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Back when I still played.

He has a hagun, but I hate how it looks, so I swapped it out with a Shinsoku with a working sheath. Similarly, it's a haste turban or similar that I swapped out for a headband .dat because I find all the standard headgear fugly as hell. Actual TP gear that I .dat swapped is in my profile, although probably a couple years out of date from what's "standard" these days.

Also swapped out the male hume sit animation for the NPC one, as you can see. The hunched over version always looked unnatural to me.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-11 16:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Really love the mandy and odin sets. xD

Also someone mentioned Wally turban, I forgot I swapped that...

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-11 16:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

He has a hagun, but I hate how it looks, so I swapped it out with a Shinsoku with a working sheath. Similarly, it's a haste turban or similar that I swapped out for a headband .dat because I find all the standard headgear fugly as hell. Actual TP gear that I .dat swapped is in my profile, although probably a couple years out of date from what's "standard" these days.

Also swapped out the male hume sit animation for the NPC one, as you can see. The hunched over version always looked unnatural to me.

You don't happen to have that sit motion laying about anywhere do you? I tried to download it but the link was broken :(
 Lakshmi.Ezekryu
user: Ezekryu
By Lakshmi.Ezekryu 2010-05-11 17:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, the GKT with sheathe - really wish that someone would port that to Hume F :<
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-11 17:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Valafar said:
As neat as it is to redesign the look/style of the MH I found it hard to see any of them as "fitting" as the original textures... if that makes any sense.
This is a huge problem I have with most dats that completely redo a piece. They're often well designed, but they're not designed with FFXI's color schemes in mind so they look completely out of place. Yours look great though!
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-05-11 17:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
When I levelled mnk, I was full timing a republigar (like you should!) until I was level 75, it made people from my shell sad

Starting out all noobs, one of my male elf pals played mnk in a subligar. I hated it so much I bought him a pair of pants. lol! That elf quit years ago, but I have another male elf pal I see sometimes who likes to dance pantless.

Back on topic~ish: I don't use .dat mods, but I wish some of them were part of the game. Like Jaerik's sit, because my Mithra would get a backache sitting all hunched and leaning on her knee all the time. I've seen some adorable long-haired Mithra dats, too, that I wish I could actually have in game. Why did they make all the mithra short-haired? ;; And why can't I choose myself what color to make my tail and ears? All Mithra tails look like a floppy, over-cooked spaghetti noodle because they are all the same gross fleshy color. Let me make my tail black, SE! I would love you long time!
 Leviathan.Accursed
By Leviathan.Accursed 2010-05-11 17:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

someone know if there is a way to change dats from an specific face and race to another face/race? im not talking about race converter, it justs changes every face in a whole race to one face/race
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-05-11 17:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Really love the mandy and odin sets. xD

Also someone mentioned Wally turban, I forgot I swapped that...

That's a shame, cause for some reason I really like the walmart turban. Especially on mithra.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-11 17:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
Back on topic~ish: I don't use .dat mods, but I wish some of them were part of the game. Like Jaerik's sit, because my Mithra would get a backache sitting all hunched and leaning on her knee all the time. I've seen some adorable long-haired Mithra dats, too, that I wish I could actually have in game. Why did they make all the mithra short-haired? ;; And why can't I choose myself what color to make my tail and ears? All Mithra tails look like a floppy, over-cooked spaghetti noodle because they are all the same gross fleshy color. Let me make my tail black, SE! I would love you long time!

Thissssssss. The hair thing is because longer hair clips with animations, but you'd think by now they'd have the technology to deal with it. I'd like a few more faces, I'd like to change my ear/tail color. I'd like a lot of things. I'd also like a fluffy tail. @_@;
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-05-11 17:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

You don't happen to have that sit motion laying about anywhere do you? I tried to download it but the link was broken :(

It's in the game's standard animation data. Some NPC's in M'haura and elsewhere use it, I think. You can find it via Modelviewer or similar, and just copy it over the default hume sit files, if I remember right.
 Phoenix.Ailoki
Server: Phoenix
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-05-11 17:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Nini, I love the idle Mithra stance. Do you still have it on you by any chance~?
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-05-11 17:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Odin.Liela said:

Thissssssss. The hair thing is because longer hair clips with animations, but you'd think by now they'd have the technology to deal with it. I'd like a few more faces, I'd like to change my ear/tail color. I'd like a lot of things. I'd also like a fluffy tail. @_@;

A fluffy tail would be awesome! And ear fur color the same color as my hair. And more choices for hair color, because the brown is bland, the red is fire-engine, the white is cute but limited to not all the faces, and the blond looks bleached. A darker brown, more mild red, whites to go with all the faces, and a more natural-looking blond would be teh hots.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-11 17:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ailoki said:
Nini, I love the idle Mithra stance. Do you still have it on you by any chance~?

Idle Stance~

@Liela I agree. Sometime I might play with hair colors, and having ear-color matching hair color is a neat idea.... very FFXIV-esque, kinda want to try it. I'll let you know how that goes D:
 Phoenix.Ailoki
Server: Phoenix
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-05-11 19:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Phoenix.Ailoki said:

Idle Stance~

@Liela I agree. Sometime I might play with hair colors, and having ear-color matching hair color is a neat idea.... very FFXIV-esque, kinda want to try it. I'll let you know how that goes D:
Ty much~
 Unicorn.Emirii
Server: Unicorn
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2010-05-11 19:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to have this about a year and a half ago, but I switched it because I was tired of looking "unnatural" but I did have some fun with it for the month i did have it XD

Its Hatsune Miku Vocaloid...
[+]
 Unicorn.Emirii
Server: Unicorn
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2010-05-11 19:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Odin.Liela said:

A fluffy tail would be awesome! And ear fur color the same color as my hair. And more choices for hair color, because the brown is bland, the red is fire-engine, the white is cute but limited to not all the faces, and the blond looks bleached. A darker brown, more mild red, whites to go with all the faces, and a more natural-looking blond would be teh hots.

P.S. All your pleas are heard in FFXIV.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-11 20:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ailoki said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Phoenix.Ailoki said:

Idle Stance~

Ty much~

You're welcome~ ^^
By Zekko 2010-05-11 20:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Emirii said:
I used to have this about a year and a half ago, but I switched it because I was tired of looking "unnatural" but I did have some fun with it for the month i did have it XD

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/9792/pantyshot.png

Its Hatsune Miku Vocaloid...

Panties.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-11 20:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I used the goobbue racer for a while but got tired of it :/ Swapped out what katana hits look like to one of mooshy's mods (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxvUwWzjGhs) and changed Haubergeon to Hauberk lol.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-05-11 20:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

To earlier poster:

3D object clipping will always be a problem. The algorithm to simulate collision and dynamically morph the object mesh to not clip is still too expensive for consumer hardware and likely will be for many years. You also run into texture mapping problems when meshes morph in ways the artists were not originally expecting. It's easier for artists to just create their starter models in such a way that they don't clip.

Also, clipping is necessary for level design. Most of those objects you see sticking out of the ground or stacked on top of each other are actually clipping through each other and project below the world mesh. It's often the only way to get an airtight "seam" between scenery objects. (Often so players won't fall through and under the world.)
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-11 20:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
To earlier poster:

3D object clipping will always be a problem. The algorithm to simulate collision and dynamically morph the object mesh to not clip is still too expensive for consumer hardware and likely will be for many years. You also run into texture mapping problems when meshes morph in ways the artists were not originally expecting. It's easier for artists to just create their starter models in such a way that they don't clip.

Also, clipping is necessary for level design. Most of those objects you see sticking out of the ground or stacked on top of each other are actually clipping through each other and project below the world mesh. It's often the only way to get an airtight "seam" between scenery objects. (Often so players won't fall through and under the world.)

Neat. D:
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-11 20:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, if your hair didn't go through your clothes, the world would swallow you.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-05-11 21:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said:
rate_of_skies/ffxi_20100123_013439.jpg[/IMG]

While it's not armor, it still makes my game fun to play! :P (Not for the heterosexual males~)

That's hot :3
[+]
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-05-11 21:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Emirii said:
Odin.Liela said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Odin.Liela said:

P.S. All your pleas are heard in FFXIV.

I don't plan to play FFXIV, though. QQ So I want them to integrate it into FFXI! Pretty please?
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-11 22:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to hexedit and dat swap spells

[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-11 22:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:

Wow ... those are really neat. Would you mind posting those/possibly sharing the ROM/file locations too? :<
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-11 22:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Really cool! I used Angelic Savage Blade as a stand in for Final Heaven (A friend has Spharai lol) and it really suited far better.

It works perfectly with h2h
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-11 22:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

Wow ... those are really neat. Would you mind posting those/possibly sharing the ROM/file locations too? :<

I'll have to find out which dats they are, I messed around with quite a few of them.

Teleport:

Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2010-05-11 22:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I like those effects Akeda. I must infiltrate your HQ and steal them...

But yeah, mine are pretty simple. Took this from another .DAT swap but I changed the eye color.

and then I also did a recolor (sort of) of the Ixion Cloak. I pretty must just darkened it, it looked too faded><...haven't taken a picture of it. I also made Ludo some blue-stripped mithra panties :3 I think that is all the .DAT swaps I have done. I also have that glowing Elemental Staves like Akeda too!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9