More info on the update
First Page 2 3 4
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-05-14 03:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

We are pleased to announce that our development team is hard at work putting the finishing touches on the upcoming FINAL FANTASY XI version update, which is currently on track for a mid-June release.

This update promises to be a momentous one, with the first level cap increase in over six and a half years, and a veritable slew of new equipment and weapon skills to accompany it.

But that's not all! Adventurers across Vana'diel can look forward to experiencing the climactic conclusions of the popular Wings of the Goddess nation quest storylines, braving the eerie environs of the new Walk of Echoes area, taking up the gauntlet with new Trial of the Magians trials, and much more! With a host of job adjustments and other refinements on the way as well, this update is sure to offer something for players of all stripes.

As always, detailed previews will be forthcoming right here in the Topics section, so keep watching this space!

My thoughts: Interesting..

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-14 03:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 new WoTG ring.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-05-14 03:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what we'll get ^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-05-14 03:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
inb4 new WoTG ring.

I don't have any more fingers! D:

Maybe 1 more earring? or Ammo slot?

A new earring would make it difficult indeed >< I hope its something like a backpiece or a waist piece, seeing as how we already have most slots filled lol XD
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-14 03:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess is a Cape for Wings Missions. There's too many good belts, and both fingers and ears are occupied by the other expansions.

New Weapon Skills are interesting too, While one part of me wants to finally see a Burn-Compatible Greatsword WS akin to Raging Rush, part of me wants my Scythe merits to mean even more.
[+]
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-05-14 03:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
My guess is a Cape for Wings Missions. There's too many good belts, and both fingers and ears are occupied by the other expansions.

New Weapon Skills are interesting too, While one part of me wants to finally see a Burn-Compatible Greatsword WS akin to Raging Rush, part of me wants my Scythe merits to mean even more.

a new waist would be nice :D
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-14 04:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt the belts would be better than the brown/black belt, and if they do release one better it'll *** up mnk's seeing as it's one of the major things that makes mnk so good.

If every DD can use it mnks will be less unique.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-05-14 04:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

*** everything they just said minus new weapon skills lol

Level 4 skillchains can i has it?
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-05-14 04:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
*** everything they just said minus new weapon skills lol

Level 4 skillchains can i has it?

I always like new gear :P then again I try to dress up my character like a doll sometimes, Always fun to be fashionable ^^ And yes, I am a dork lol..
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-05-14 04:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Surreal said:
taking up the gauntlet with new Trial of the Magians trials, and much more!

anyone else excited about this ._. I am! I'm sick of my hermit stick aka Teiwaz staff. Sexier looking Magian weaps would be sweet.

New WS?! I declare gimpy McGimpy pants. Look at the pic they provide... "Fail WS: Deals Ice elemental damage. Gimpness varies with TP." Can only assume of course, but seeing as how Nyzul WS weren't very good... I am not too hopeful.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-05-14 04:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:

anyone else excited about this ._. I am! I'm sick of my hermit stick aka Teiwaz staff. Sexier looking Magian weaps would be sweet.

New WS?! I declare gimpy McGimpy pants. Look at the pic they provide... "Fail WS: Deals Ice elemental damage. Gimpness varies with TP." Can only assume of course, but seeing as how Nyzul WS weren't very good... I am not too hopeful.

Yes, Atonement was total ***for PLDs. Drakesbane also didn't do too much for DRGs. Stringing Pummel wasn't anything special for PUP. /sarcasm off
[+]
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-05-14 04:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Cerberus.Sephrin said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:

Yes, Atonement was total ***for PLDs. Drakesbane also didn't do too much for DRGs. Stringing Pummel wasn't anything special for PUP. /sarcasm off

I really like how Atonement looks!
[+]
 Bismarck.Aryden
Server: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-14 04:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

acc down from kamu is totally useless as is atonement...
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-14 04:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Cerberus.Sephrin said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:

lmao
 Shiva.Eggbert
user: eggbert
By Shiva.Eggbert 2010-05-14 05:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't wait to see what the new weapon skills for scythe and gs :) Hopefully they make a 6 hit scythe move. Would be awesome!!!
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-14 05:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Surreal said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

Again, I have to say there's too many amazing waist slots.

Fettle(Augments willing)
Velocious
Black Belt and even Brown Belt
Swift
Virtuoso
Elemental Obi's

Compared to the waist slot options, the best Back slots seem like vaginas quivering nervously in anticipation for a *** 3 sizes too big.

Cerberus+1
Cuchulain's
Prism/Gleeman/Ixion

All comparatively provide a minimal boost to their waist-counterparts regarded in the same "Tier" of quality. This just hints big at a rare/ex reward possibility, but then again, Square has telegraphed something that makes perfect sense once, and cocked it up, so I'm by no means saying this is what will be, just, think about it.

Ninurta's sash was purposefully left out, since I tried to keep it as things that are "Amazing, yet actually possible to obtain by reasonable means."
 Leviathan.Duvessa
Server: Leviathan
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-14 05:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Cerberus.Sephrin said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:

Don't forget bst... No more gimp 200 rampages... hello 800 mythic ws's!
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-14 06:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There's something really really wrong if you are averaging anywhere near 200 dmg rampages on bst...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2010-05-14 06:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

Again, I have to say there's too many amazing waist slots.

Fettle(Augments willing)
Velocious
Black Belt and even Brown Belt
Swift
Virtuoso
Elemental Obi's

Compared to the waist slot options, the best Back slots seem like vaginas quivering nervously in anticipation for a *** 3 sizes too big.

Cerberus 1
Cuchulain's
Prism/Gleeman/Ixion

All comparatively provide a minimal boost to their waist-counterparts regarded in the same "Tier" of quality. This just hints big at a rare/ex reward possibility, but then again, Square has telegraphed something that makes perfect sense once, and cocked it up, so I'm by no means saying this is what will be, just, think about it.

Ninurta's sash was purposefully left out, since I tried to keep it as things that are "Amazing, yet actually possible to obtain by reasonable means."

Sea capes are still awesome and unbeated for jobs that use them. (ok only mages jobs+ninja, but still they are awesome)
 Titan.Alyssah
Server: Titan
user: Alyssah
By Titan.Alyssah 2010-05-14 06:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH with Haste <3.
Bye RDM and WHM.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-05-14 06:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Alyssah said:
SCH with Haste <3.
Bye RDM and WHM.
RDM with hastega and refreshga and ensppell2ga.

Bye SCH.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-14 06:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Titan.Alyssah said:
SCH with Haste <3. Bye RDM and WHM.

Bye SCH.
And phalanxga. And just enspellga. Since sch has to use /whm instead of /rdm to get haste. At least until sch gets to 96.
[+]
 Titan.Alyssah
Server: Titan
user: Alyssah
By Titan.Alyssah 2010-05-14 06:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Alyssah said:
SCH with Haste <3.
Bye RDM and WHM.

Bye SCH.

*** Enspells, we have STR+ Spells.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-14 06:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Alyssah said:
SCH with Haste <3.
Bye RDM and WHM.

Bye SCH.

Until you realize one strategem every two minutes will not suffice to actually use it to a point of actual usefulness.
[+]
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-14 06:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
There's something really really wrong if you are averaging anywhere near 200 dmg rampages on bst...

Says the man with 12 bst.

Get it to 75 then try it out on an IT mob. You'll do 200-400 if you've got pretty good bst gear. Anything higher than 400 usually gets you killed or beat up pretty good anyways.
[+]
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-14 06:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Titan.Alyssah said:
SCH with Haste <3.
Bye RDM and WHM.

Bye SCH.

Until you realize one strategem every two minutes will not suffice to actually use it to a point of actual usefulness.

Works for haste or refresh.
Refresh 2:30 duration
Haste 3:00 duration

Can use one or the other constantly.
But at 99 a sch will be able to use both refresh and haste too.

And i'm sure rdm will get haste 2 and refresh 2.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-14 07:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

That is on the low-end of the spectrum, but not unheard of to see.

Beastmasters tend to use Single-Axe /WHM or /DNC, which effectively cuts damage by approx.25% (Yes, that /NIN strike is that big of a deal)

Add in no Innate attack bonus or trait, and you have yourself a very weak weapon skill on the job, Primal Rend is much better overall.

I have nearly the absolute best (Minus SOME HQ) equipment pre-guttler for Beastmaster.

/WHM or /DNC Avrg about 500 Rampage on T-VT (on all connect)

/NIN likes to be more around the 700-800 mark, but I'm rarely /NIN against anything higher than DC-EM, which Rampage can hit will over 1,000.

As for Scholar, Scholar was never about being useful in a burn party, it was about bringing enough firepower survivability and Mp efficiency to solo down things like Krabkatoa in 30minutes.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-14 07:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Says the man with 12 bst.

Get it to 75 then try it out on an IT mob. You'll do 200-400 if you've got pretty good bst gear. Anything higher than 400 usually gets you killed or beat up pretty good anyways.
I love that you don't have it at 75 defense. Only ever used when backed into a corner.

Ok then I have blu at 75. It only has 7 more skill base skill.

Though I only have 4 swd merits so a fully axe meritted bst would have more base skill.

Vorpal blade is fairly similar to rampage.

1 less hit but .5 higher ftp on first.

So overall vorpal blade has:

.5 ftp less, Same wsc, Same chance to crit based on tp and bst is probably going to have a good 5 more base dmg from just the weapon (not to mention acess to much much heavier DD gear)

All that and well geared bst should do more rampage then a blu vorpal blade and I'd be really embarrassed to average anywhere near 400 dmg with it. Hell I don't like it when lol Savage blade is that low
[+]
First Page 2 3 4