More info on the update
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2010-05-14 15:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
I don't think it'd happen but I'd lol so hard if they made Accession SCH ONRY.

There would be no reason to laugh. Its one of the things that make SCH unique. Just the same as Cure/Pro/Shell 5 for WHM and Refresh for RDM. Those may possibly be locked to their mains. Remember when they added Spirit Surge and made Call Wyvern regular JA, but then locked it to DRG main? Same concept could possibly apply here.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eburo
Server: Cerberus
user: Stephano
By Cerberus.Eburo 2010-05-14 15:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
inb4 new WoTG ring.

That would be pretty nice. Imagine a ring with regain or something else game-breaking.
 Asura.Rule
Server: Asura
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-05-14 15:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

they'll probably give us a ri...neck piece!
 Cerberus.Eburo
By Cerberus.Eburo 2010-05-14 16:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be cool too, maybe not for melee jobs that use PCC or ancient torque though...
By Enzoe 2010-05-14 16:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Black mage gets a magic spell for almost every lvl all the way to 75 but spaces out at the higher levels. The next nuke in line is probably Stone V. I hope Stone V falls below level 80.

Cerberus.Eburo
By Cerberus.Eburo 2010-05-14 16:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

How about AM3?

<Burst III> <Casting spell.>

4 minutes later..... BOOOOOM!
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-14 16:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eburo said:
How about AM3?
Well... AM2 is faster than AM1... not to mention much much much more mp efficient maybe this will be even faster!?!
 Cerberus.Eburo
By Cerberus.Eburo 2010-05-14 21:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Eburo said:
How about AM3?
Well... AM2 is faster than AM1... not to mention much much much more mp efficient maybe this will be even faster!?!

Is it really? O_o I never noticed, but I don't have BLM 75.
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2010-05-17 02:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eburo said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Eburo said:
How about AM3?

Ya it is. that makes AM1 totally useless 'xcept in "up in arms" and sometimes even there, when ppl prefer to T2 spam it.

So. speculations about level cap limited to new areas only or avaible all areas?
I want to know if i can sell my Justice and Kirin triggers or keep to 6men them after lvl cap raise. 8D
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-17 02:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

All areas, there's a quote to that effect from Vanafest but I can't be bothered to dig it up right now.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-05-17 04:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

why on earth would they limit the level cap to new areas? you mean we'd be level capped to 75 in towns? that just sounds silly...or if you go from a 75 cap area to say 99, then have to rest all that hp/mp? thats idk....sounds like SE isn't that HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE....

mnk does need some kind of DD JA or another MA JT..i'm no 75 mnk, but they haven't had love in awhile from what i can tell...except having the best melee belt in the game, but that item is very old, and its time for a new toy for mnk lol.

dnc definitely needs haste samba 2, maybe drain 4 and another flourish..maybe a debuff flourish like slow or blind/para?

I'm hoping of all my 75s sam doesn't get completely killed in the update lol. Sekkanoki going to /sam is gonna make my DDing uniqueness on sam go down a lot, since there is no way to really "gimp" it for sub job use

and who said sch and blms are getting T5's? YES PLEASE I want T5 nukes on my 75 sch hehe
[+]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-05-17 04:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
Cerberus.Eburo said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Eburo said:
How about AM3? <Burst III> <Casting spell.> 4 minutes later..... BOOOOOM!
Ya it is. that makes AM1 totally useless 'xcept in "up in arms" and sometimes even there, when ppl prefer to T2 spam it. So. speculations about level cap limited to new areas only or avaible all areas? I want to know if i can sell my Justice and Kirin triggers or keep to 6men them after lvl cap raise. 8D

They said they were raising the level cap and said nothing of capping any area. Everyone saying it's for new areas and old areas will still be 75 capped are just spreading rumor and simply do not know.

Most I've seen say it are people that just don't want to go beyond 75 in terms of xp and/or regearing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-05-17 04:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:

Even without Tier V nukes on Scholar, a double weather spell function with elemental obis would compensate properly very much so.

There are new types of spells hinted as well. Perhaps maybe Scholar will get Libra, Reflect, Wall.. maybe even Faith and Bravery perhaps too.

yes..i want all of those for sch lol reflect would be killer, but i dont see that happening, or it being very limited (1 spell, no AOE and high recast/mp cost lol although...sch stratagems would remedy that lol)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2010-05-17 11:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
why on earth would they limit the level cap to new areas? you mean we'd be level capped to 75 in towns? that just sounds silly...or if you go from a 75 cap area to say 99, then have to rest all that hp/mp? thats idk....sounds like SE isn't that HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE....

Maybe to preserve old contents? it's not a stupid question and was not so obvious that cap raise was on all areas and not only on new ones, since most of the ppl is still wining about all their pimp gear and OMFG losing elitism (not my case, no pimp gear and no elitism, i'm happy with the cap raise on all areas). Srsly, read questions before making out an answer. I don't mean be level capped to 75 in town lol that's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to think. I was thinking about being 75 for the currently known areas and contents and accessing the new areas u can start quest for cap raise and start leveling 75+ and do stuff.

resting is not much of a problem when u can set a "zonin" with a recover hp/mp function like salvage floors.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-17 11:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Preserve? Most shells are still taking full alliances (assuming 18 people show up) to sky/sea farming, at best this will encourage lowmanning in those shells - which is what leaving uncapped the areas is all about. It's a feasibility issue as populations dwindle; those who can't or won't lowman at 75 cap would leave the game once they don't have enough people to do their chosen events, accelerating FFXI's decline. The shells that already lowman to farm/kill efficiently are likely mostly done with older content and only sticking around to merc or get less common/highly desired items like Homam and Wlegs.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-17 12:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Easily? Hell no. Even with Perfect Defense top shells can't kill him right now, 80 cap will only give top shells the edge needed to take him down. Everyone else will have to wait for at least the following cap increase.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-05-17 12:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering that they mentioned something about removing level caps from cop areas... I doubt they are going to put in more; at least I hope they don't because there is nothing worse than level synced gear. You cap my rdm and I'm worthless.
 Carbuncle.Qeldroma
Server: Carbuncle
user: Qeldroma
By Carbuncle.Qeldroma 2010-05-17 14:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

In b4 RDM gets Regain, DRK gets Terror, DNC or SAM gets auto regain.
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-05-17 14:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Qeldroma said:
In b4 RDM gets Regain, DRK gets Terror, DNC or SAM gets auto regain.
I agree with RDM getting Regain . SAM and DNC getting an Auto-Regain trait may make them over powered , SAM at least . I mean @ 1 per tick , it would still take about 5 minutes to get 100TP , but thats with out using Items or JAs or Opo-Opo . Unless these new WS require More than 100TP to execute , Auto-regain would surely make SAM dumb overpowered . They need to give DRK some more Enhancing Magics .......
By Tristean 2010-05-18 03:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM maybe
DNC no especially if they give DNC new tiers of their abilities which would cost a ton more TP. On the vanafest tweet, they said DNC would perhaps be getting a new way to gain TP. Perhaps this it.

Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-18 05:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I seriously doubt they would just give regain as a job trait. Rather crazy overpowered. Regain as a spell maybe.

Anyways mnk doesn't need much help other than just getting the h2h skill that comes with the lvling. Depending on merits and such those 24 lvls will add 13 or so to there base dmg. Assume there isn't some tier higher that gives more or less skill per lvl than the current ones.

That's more than 1handers get in difference between 51-75 and that isn't taking into account any increase in h2h weapon dmg. Or mnks being able to /war and full time +25-30 acc in jas. Or most likely another tier to subtle blow and martial arts
 Valefor.Endlesspath
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Endlesspath 2010-05-18 06:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally think I'd rather go with breakga on blm, if not meteor (light based aoe would be really really nice).

Btw really cool avatar Qeldroma!~ XD
 Carbuncle.Qeldroma
Server: Carbuncle
user: Qeldroma
By Carbuncle.Qeldroma 2010-05-18 10:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endlesspath said:
Personally think I'd rather go with breakga on blm, if not meteor (light based aoe would be really really nice).

Btw really cool avatar Qeldroma!~ XD

Thank you. Also BLM is getting meteor as per SE.

[ Black Mage ]
The joy of black magic is that of blast, blast, blasting your enemies away-even if you don't always survive the battle-and we plan to further explore this path.
To that end, black mages can look forward to adding Meteor (strength and attributes yet to be determined) to their spellbooks in the none-too-distant future!

Sauce: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/event/vanafes2010/

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Rule
Server: Asura
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-05-18 11:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

give pld banish III?

and allow cover to be used on any person standing behind the pld; or when cover is used place the pld directly in front of the person it was used on.