Forum » FFXI » General » More info on the update
More info on the update
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-05-14 10:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

In any event from the wording of this we're going to be getting a look fairly quickly of the first pieces of post 75 gear and weapon skills.
 Valefor.Eldrich
Server: Valefor
user: Eldrich
By Valefor.Eldrich 2010-05-14 10:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Titan.Alyssah said:
SCH with Haste <3.
Bye RDM and WHM.
RDM with hastega and refreshga and ensppell2ga.

Bye SCH.

Until you realize one strategem every two minutes will not suffice to actually use it to a point of actual usefulness.

Works for haste or refresh.
Refresh 2:30 duration
Haste 3:00 duration

Can use one or the other constantly.
But at 99 a sch will be able to use both refresh and haste too.

And i'm sure rdm will get haste 2 and refresh 2.

Sorry,, but unless sch gets something pretty awesome, I think they are doomed to a a support job role in the future.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-14 10:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I still wanna see if they let people /cor do quickdraw. Especially non gun users

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-14 10:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Id have to think QD would be limited some way as a sub since QD with BLM would be crazy.

Though, it would take a pretty big hit from ammo dmg.
 Leviathan.Duvessa
Server: Leviathan
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-14 10:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Eldrich said:
Sorry,, but unless sch gets something pretty awesome, I think they are doomed to a a support job role in the future.

Doubt it. Helix tier 2 is almost a certainty since helixes are basically sch's staple spells. That and the weather ones. They may be able to give double weather in the future too!

Helix tier 2 would do some SERIOUS DoT though.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-14 11:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Id have to think QD would be limited some way as a sub since QD with BLM would be crazy.

Though, it would take a pretty big hit from ammo dmg.
Yeah with current gearing it would only be ok on blm. I really don't see them bring it to throw stuff. I mean its about shotting ammo with some element at something. Pretty sure cor can't do it with throwing as is right now (sky winds would do some funny dmg with QD though).

So probably gun only with slight chance of bow/xbow but can't tell until can use it /cor since I don't think cors get to use any bow/xbow.

Though blms get nothing for bow/xbow/gun except rune bow/arrows though.

rdms however get Kabura Arrow and Failnaught. So rdm would probably do more dmg with it if it was opened to bows. Not to mention augmenting there own debuffs.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-14 11:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just can't see QD being 100% when subbed since thats kind of a COR staple but we will see.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-14 11:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Valefor.Eldrich said:

Doubt it. Helix tier 2 is almost a certainty since helixes are basically sch's staple spells. That and the weather ones. They may be able to give double weather in the future too!

Helix tier 2 would do some SERIOUS DoT though.

Gotta remember that ALL mage jobs will get new spells as well too and further define their job.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-14 11:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Valefor.Eldrich said:
Doubt it. Helix tier 2 is almost a certainty since helixes are basically sch's staple spells. That and the weather ones. They may be able to give double weather in the future too! Helix tier 2 would do some SERIOUS DoT though.
Gotta remember that ALL mage jobs will get new spells as well too and further define their job.
They better. Though I can see SE screwing the mages over. Giving us like only our merited spells for free and fully potent or some crap like that. Especially rdm. SE hates giving rdm anything that even looks halfway decent
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-14 11:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, RDM for a long time has always been one of the most powerful jobs in FFXI.

Will be interesting to see if RDM gets TIV nukes since BLM and SCH get TV.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-14 11:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it'll mess the entire hierarchy of jobs around tbh.

I laugh at RDM mains though getting butthurt about Refresh and Vert becoming available to all mages.
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-05-14 11:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

dont be expecting much from the final nation quests since its only the quests, not the missions. probably some kinda prize related to that country like the retrace staves

oh and refresh II yes please :D
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-14 11:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I think it'll mess the entire hierarchy of jobs around tbh.

I laugh at RDM mains though getting butthurt about Refresh and Vert becoming available to all mages.
Well without some improvement which SE is scared to do it kinda makes rdms useless really.

But higher tier refresh of some sort should help even if they don't give us anything else
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-14 11:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the thing, RDM is very powerful, they are just careful to not add anything that will totally overpower the job.

Really, we don't know yet if A) RDM and WHM will get Haste II and Refresh II or if Haste and Refresh will be limited when subbed.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-14 11:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually the notes from the fanfest said that they aren't limited refresh and that to stop rdm from being killed they will be improving it in some fashion for rdms
 Sylph.Mayeh
user: Mayeh
By Sylph.Mayeh 2010-05-14 11:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Level 4 skill chain? That thing that relic weapons do where they chain Light on a Light chain and Darkness on a Darkness chain, is that what you people are talking about?

To get these level 4s you would have to have the primary element of the weapon skill be Light or Dark. And then we all get to hunt Yovra to get Light and Dark Gorgets.

I am hoping that they do not put all of the new gear into multiple skill synergy synths. From the looks of it that's where they will most likely go.
 Alexander.Rabond
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Rabond 2010-05-14 11:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

they should make rng have duel guns just like nin duel wield. or bst get a jobtrait that share jobtrait wit jugs and charm pets. share your thought what you think about it
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-14 11:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Actually the notes from the fanfest said that they aren't limited refresh and that to stop rdm from being killed they will be improving it in some fashion for rdms

Have a link to that? I must have missed it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-14 11:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Have a link to that? I must have missed it.
Not on hand. It was part of the big spiel they had on what they were planning on jobs in general though in the future. It's been awhile so they might have changed there mind already lol. Also said something along the lines of they aren't sure what to add to it... ie probably not much but said refresh lol

On another note in the far right pic doesn't that mithra look like it's wearing a weskit and denali head? WTf
 Leviathan.Optimis
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-05-14 11:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe way to do a 2part light sc with sam =O can i finaly say goodbye to tachi yuk
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jarbino
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2010-05-14 11:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
On another note in the far right pic doesn't that mithra look like it's wearing a weskit and denali head? WTf

She's an NPC from WoTG. Clicky
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-05-14 12:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm very interested in what 'G6' (notice the '' trolls) will be to break 75 cap . I'm also wondering what AFv3 will becalled (AFv1 = Artifact , AFv2 = Relic , AFv3 = Mythic?) per job . i mean not all Relic gear is named for the job (Abyss , Argutewatev , Etoilewtf , Cleric ...) . I'm also excited to see what removing CoP area Lv caps will do and if this first Cap increase will make AV beatable by legitimate means (per Square of course) AND if Abyssea will offer gear that in fact makes AV , PW , Kirin and HNM drops almost pointless .
[+]
By Artemys 2010-05-14 12:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Mikumaru said:
I'm very interested in what 'G6' (notice the '' trolls) will be to break 75 cap . I'm also wondering what AFv3 will becalled (AFv1 = Artifact , AFv2 = Relic , AFv3 = Mythic?) per job . i mean not all Relic gear is named for the job (Abyss , Argutewatev , Etoilewtf , Cleric ...) . I'm also excited to see what removing CoP area Lv caps will do and if this first Cap increase will make AV beatable by legitimate means (per Square of course) AND if Abyssea will offer gear that in fact makes AV , PW , Kirin and HNM drops almost pointless .
Etoile : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Opera_Ballet
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-14 12:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

A Cleric has been referred to as healers in other games for along time. Such as priest.

Abyss generally means dark, void, etc.

Argute typically means to Argue, debate, gain knowledge etc.

So those all make sense to me really.

Leviathan.Jackieolivas
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2010-05-14 12:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
*** everything they just said minus new weapon skills lol

Level 4 skillchains can i has it?

I too am praying for Cosmic Elucidation. ^^

Also, I'm hoping they finally add some weapons that don't take forever to get (relic/mythic) that are better than Hagun, Destroyers, Elemental staves, etc. You know, the weapons that have pretty much been top tier for years with no other competition.

And please, no arguments about Rindo > Hagun. Its old and tired.
 Gilgamesh.Geddeo
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Geddeo
By Gilgamesh.Geddeo 2010-05-14 12:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Eldrich said:
Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Titan.Alyssah said:
SCH with Haste <3. Bye RDM and WHM.
RDM with hastega and refreshga and ensppell2ga. Bye SCH.
Until you realize one strategem every two minutes will not suffice to actually use it to a point of actual usefulness.
Works for haste or refresh. Refresh 2:30 duration Haste 3:00 duration Can use one or the other constantly. But at 99 a sch will be able to use both refresh and haste too. And i'm sure rdm will get haste 2 and refresh 2.

You forget that Sch usually does AoE SS Phalanx Enspells and Storms

After lvl 80 Rdms will have those and refresh but they will have to choose 2 to keep up while by 99 Sch will have AoE refresh haste phalanx Enspells SS Storms and who knows what else and the very high possiblity that we will get a 5th charge and a knockdown to 45 sec charges so we will be able to keep 3-5 buffs up all around while they will only keep 2 max since /sch to 49 only gets 2 strats....

But at the same time we won't complete replace either Whm or rdm since you are right and I am hoping they get Refresh II and Haste II as 75 Rdm, but we won't get reduced to a subjob...
[+]
 Asura.Rule
Server: Asura
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-05-14 12:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemys said:
Odin.Mikumaru said:
Etoile : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Opera_Ballet

Argute
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/perceptive
 Bahamut.Zellc
Server: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2010-05-14 13:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

first post woot! but yea, dont really need a full party to do most of the quest's/mission's for wotg. most can be done with 3 people or less. hell, i even soloed the first half of it on pld. that goes without saying that for some fights, having a real setup will ensure victory.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-14 13:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it'd happen but I'd lol so hard if they made Accession SCH ONRY.