Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-14 07:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
There's something really really wrong if you are averaging anywhere near 200 dmg rampages on bst...
Says the man with 12 bst.

Get it to 75 then try it out on an IT mob. You'll do 200-400 if you've got pretty good bst gear. Anything higher than 400 usually gets you killed or beat up pretty good anyways.
I love that you don't have it at 75 defense. Only ever used when backed into a corner.

Ok then I have blu at 75. It only has 7 more skill base skill.

Though I only have 4 swd merits so a fully axe meritted bst would have more base skill.

Vorpal blade is fairly similar to rampage.

1 less hit but .5 higher ftp on first.

So overall vorpal blade has:

.5 ftp less, Same wsc, Same chance to crit based on tp and bst is probably going to have a good 5 more base dmg from just the weapon (not to mention acess to much much heavier DD gear)

All that and well geared bst should do more rampage then a blu vorpal blade and I'd be really embarrassed to average 400 dmg with it.

I honestly doubt you do THAT much more than 400 vorpal blades on IT as something other than /nin on BLU. You probably do 500-580 at the most unless the mob has a weakness to slashing. Like Zic said, you won't very often see a bst/nin on anything higher than EM, thus 1 less swing. Not to mention bst has relatively low str compared to melee dd's. Then there's the fact that they typically won't be using attack food of any sort. I guarantee your BLU's vorpal blades are less than impressive under the same circumstances.

That being said, I'm anxious for the 80 cap kind of, now. I'm curious to see what level dnc is gonna get the almost obligatory haste samba 2 at and rdm's new refresh the developers commented about in an interview.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-14 07:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Duvessa said:
I honestly doubt you do THAT much more than 400 vorpal blades on IT as something other than /nin on BLU. You probably do 500-580 at the most unless the mob has a weakness to slashing. Like Zic said, you won't very often see a bst/nin on anything higher than EM, thus 1 less swing. Not to mention bst has relatively low str compared to melee dd's. Then there's the fact that they typically won't be using attack food of any sort. I guarantee your BLU's vorpal blades are less than impressive under the same circumstances.
I rarely sub anything but nin. Though /war could probably be rather impressive. Guess I'll have to screenshot some stuff then since really 500-580 isn't that impressive either. Even for not weak to slashing. My base str on blu/nin is 56 btw. The only foods my blu uses is sole sushi or tacos.

I might mention where my blu wheres things like creek gear if I could like blu I would be wearing HQ hecatomb. But sure pick a mob that is easy to get too and not too hard to solo and I'll show you how much I can do.
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-14 07:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I might mention where my blu wheres things like creek gear if I could like blu I would be wearing HQ hecatomb. But sure pick a mob that is easy to get too and not too hard to solo and I'll show you how much I can do.

Shouldn't have much trouble with a mamool drg or nin solo... But they're VT. Idk, an easy-to-get-to IT with reasonable defense and not weak to slashing may be a bit difficult to come up with. Depends how far you're willing to travel lol.

Edit: Just do a Skoffin. They're VT too i think, but easy to get to, easy to solo (ive done on rdm and dnc), and somewhat similar to what a normal IT mob would be vit/def wise i think.
Just be careful of the paralyze. Be prepared to try and counter it or stun it lol.
Honestly, though... It's likely gonna be difficult as heck for you to solo any IT mob on blu as a SJ bst would be using (Sch, dnc or whm) i'd imagine. I don't know much about blu, but i think you may die alone.
And if you do attempt it... Make sure you include the food you used in the screenshot :P Just to be sure! If you're willing to do a suicide mission you could just use a daedalus wing, run in, and try your ws. lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-14 07:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not like much is weak too slashing. Pretty much only hounds and special mobs but gearing up now. Bah gunna have to set spells I don't normally to solo them epsecially with giving them tp. Brb. Can't really include what food I am using but I'll just use pizza since it's easy too get. I'll just set blu sleep spells for survival at the loss of a str or 2
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-14 07:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Not like much is weak too slashing. Pretty much only hounds and special mobs but gearing up now. Bah gunna have to set spells I don't normally to solo them epsecially with giving them tp. Brb
Jnuns also! Whatever that family is called, i cant remember. But they have like a 12% weakness to slashing.

I'm sorry in advance if you die, though! lol. I know it's probably gonna be difficult to live without shadows... Unless you just sleep it then run to the zone after you ws lol.

How effective is that zephyr mantle or w/e, the puk move blu can use. That may save you for a bit. And the stoneskin.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-14 07:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Zephyr mantle is fairly effective. Thought the number of shadows is somewhat random. But the proc rate on absorb is good. Guess I'll just to rdm sub and try to find my genb00b shield
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-14 07:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Zephyr mantle is fairly effective. Thought the number of shadows is somewhat random. Guess I'll just to rdm sub and try to find my genb00b shield

Well, to be fair i guess you can sub nin lol.

Rampage is 5 hits and vorpal blade is 4 hits after all.
I'm making a mule on Ramuh, i'll talk to you in tells so we dont spam this thread with derail-talk lol.
 Sylph.Spency
Server: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-14 07:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK's gonna be the new top DD!!

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-14 08:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
MNK's gonna be the new top DD!!
You wont be laughing when it comes true!!! And who knows with way base dmg increases with skill for h2h and how slowly base dmg increases on weapons higher up it just might if they don't fix that
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-14 08:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I honestly think MNK is gonna make a huge comeback as the premier and undisputed DoT job. I bet they even get a haste JA lol.

I am hoping SAM gets balanced, instead of being SE's favorite child. I have good hopes for WAR though. I see it becoming able to both tank and DD more effectively. SE said before they really wish WAR was used for more tanking situations. They even justified retaliation as a move to get WAR's tanking, but it didnt work cuz it doesnt lower damage taken or null it when you successfully counter attack with it. Also doesnt work with shadows, which was a dumb move on their part imo.

Drk will surely get tier 3 nukes, and probably some absorb tier 2's. I personally think they should give it more stunning capability. That would make the job much more valuable.

Stun 2 ftw? It could be the same as stun with a lower recast and higher mp cost.
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-14 08:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see MNK get a bit of TLC, and I agree Duvessa, SAM needs to be balanced. I hate all this SAM onry crap.

I've always wanted to see DRK use magic more, and not so much dark magic, but elemental. I know that's not really what DRK is, but that's just me.
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2010-05-14 08:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i see bst talk /pokes
<3 bst <3
 Alexander.Garlend
Server: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2010-05-14 08:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
*** everything they just said minus new weapon skills lol

Level 4 skillchains can i has it?

This update promises to be a momentous one, with the first level cap increase in over six and a half years, and a veritable slew of new equipment and weapon skills to accompany it.
 Carbuncle.Ancientdragon
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Ancientdragon 2010-05-14 08:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

if its not a good update i dont think ill bother playing much longer the level cap thing i feel its way over due they should raised like 5 years ago
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-14 08:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Garlend said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
*** everything they just said minus new weapon skills lol

Level 4 skillchains can i has it?

This update promises to be a momentous one, with the first level cap increase in over six and a half years, and a veritable slew of new equipment and weapon skills to accompany it.

Think you misread him, Garlend. I think he was saying, basically, "Yay! New weaponskills. I don't give a *** about the other stuff."
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-14 08:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
*** everything they just said minus new weapon skills lol Level 4 skillchains can i has it?

"Random Dude uses Badass GA Skill."

"Kojo uses Badass ***' Scythe Skill."

"Skillchain: Cosmic Elucidation."
"Cerberus is fuxored."

Too bad I don't do any of the HNM crap. >.> I am curious to see new WSs with, hopefully, a new tier of SC.

Speaking of new WSs if you wanna mess with people, tell them the new WS are "on a JP site called lemonparty.org."
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-14 08:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Speaking of new WSs if you wanna mess with people, tell them the new WS are "on a JP site called lemonparty.org."

Whats on lemonparty? I won't type it in cuz im afraid. lol
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-14 08:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Whats on lemonparty? I won't type it in cuz im afraid. lol

Oh.. New WSs~
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-14 08:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Oh.. New WSs~

I don't believe you D:
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-14 08:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Oh.. New WSs~
I don't believe you D:

I'm heartbroken. It's a JP FFXI blog.
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2010-05-14 08:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

im hoping for earrings that have "abilities" on them.

e.g

Primal Earring: Provoke 2 (recast 60 seconds)
Runner Earring: Flee 2 (recast 5 min)

etc etc. I think it would just be interesting to get abilities and spells unlocked by wearing gear.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-14 08:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's see, June update more than likely to be mid june.

I'm on WOTG 3

Looks like 10 missions w/ fights, some BC some out on field, I'll catch up by the time update hits.

Heads up on number of wait till JP midnights before can do next mission?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-14 08:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, nation quests listed on the mission page. Those mandatory? Or can I come back for those later?
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2010-05-14 08:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Also, nation quests listed on the mission page. Those mandatory? Or can I come back for those later?

Gotta do the nation quest in order to progress to the next actual mission sadly D=
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-14 08:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've already done a few of the sandy ones, so I guess I'll stick to that. That leaves me w/ 8 mission quests, most of them seem to be fights. I should be able to catch up.
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-05-14 08:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been difficult even finding people to do the missions with. It would be nice if there were three separate rewards per nation. I'm about an update behind on content now.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-14 08:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, can't be as hard to get as it was for silver sea remnants pick up groups back when I invented /shout salvage (at least on Fairy). ***was unheard of
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-05-14 09:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

><!
 Ragnarok.Doluka
Server: Ragnarok
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-05-14 09:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Paulus said:
It's been difficult even finding people to do the missions with. It would be nice if there were three separate rewards per nation. I'm about an update behind on content now.

Each nation has a bunch of rewards for doing the nation quests, they're just not what people want or care about since most of them are crafting materials. The only things that aren't are the individual nation Retrace Staffs and the bullet that gives some STR and DEX in campaign.
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-05-14 09:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Eh, can't be as hard to get as it was for silver sea remnants pick up groups back when I invented /shout salvage (at least on Fairy). ***was unheard of

Bugsbunny was the king of the shout group on our server.
Ragnarok.Doluka said:
Bahamut.Paulus said:

Each nation has a bunch of rewards for doing the nation quests, they're just not what people want or care about since most of them are crafting materials. The only things that aren't are the individual nation Retrace Staffs and the bullet that gives some STR and DEX in campaign.

I'm thinking maybe take the main king bodies and make each a reward for finishing the nation line quests. Dalmatica for Windy, Koenig for Bastok and Adaman for Sandy. Then you can have a reward for finishing the main story line.

People then would get such a hard on for getting them done.