Whats The Max Treasure Hunter?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Whats the max Treasure Hunter?
Whats the max Treasure Hunter?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-26 22:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-26 22:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
REVOKES NEGAN CARD
I was JUST about to post "Jet could find it" when I ran across it xD
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-26 22:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Good God Damn, somewhere between seizures over the years I had completely forgotten about Vize. Thank you for one of the hardest laughs I've had in a good 4 months^^
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2024-03-27 06:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hu, what happened to Vize?
By RadialArcana 2024-03-27 06:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Materdark said: »
Whats the max Treasure Hunter one can get i have looked online and it seem to be a cap in place for this?

doing this right now super excited
Plunderer's Armlets +3 and
Skulker's Poulaines +3

then pull the full zone just to cleave mobs lol just to find out it no longer works like that.

It was crazy back in the days lol

As with everything in XI it's complicated.

It depends on if you're thf main or thf sub, th8 (including job traits) is the cap on initial act on thief and 14? can be built from th procs (much lower on for /thf). Think of it like dancer where you're building steps, except the TH procs are random.

For what you're doing 8 is the cap if you're thief, +5 in gear.

so:

"Plunderer's Armlets +3 and
Skulker's Poulaines +3
"

is +1 too much TH in this situation, cause you want +5 total

Also since treasure hunter is a debuff, and you have to perform some action on the monster and it be registered as a debuff on the server b4 it has an effect. If you just aggro a load of mobs and one shot them you're not getting any TH applied (there is also a cap on how many mobs you can hit at once, 12?)

I used to aggro a bunch of mobs, diaga and then aoe.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-27 08:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Asura.Materdark said: »
Whats the max Treasure Hunter one can get i have looked online and it seem to be a cap in place for this?

doing this right now super excited
Plunderer's Armlets +3 and
Skulker's Poulaines +3

then pull the full zone just to cleave mobs lol just to find out it no longer works like that.

It was crazy back in the days lol

As with everything in XI it's complicated.

It depends on if you're thf main or thf sub, th8 (including job traits) is the cap on initial act on thief and 14? can be built from th procs (much lower on for /thf). Think of it like dancer where you're building steps, except the TH procs are random.

For what you're doing 8 is the cap if you're thief, +5 in gear.

so:

"Plunderer's Armlets +3 and
Skulker's Poulaines +3
"

is +1 too much TH in this situation, cause you want +5 total

Also since treasure hunter is a debuff, and you have to perform some action on the monster and it be registered as a debuff on the server b4 it has an effect. If you just aggro a load of mobs and one shot them you're not getting any TH applied (there is also a cap on how many mobs you can hit at once, 12?)

I used to aggro a bunch of mobs, diaga and then aoe.

Great information. All of which (with the possible exception of "if you 1-shot mobs, TH isn't applied to their drops") is available on the treasure hunter BG wiki page, which the OP could have found if he had any idea how to use BG wiki or Google.

This is a pattern of behavior from this guy who is either mentally handicapped, completely unwilling to do a modicum of independent research, or a troll. I'm still not sure which, or what combination of all 3, but either way as long as people keep answering his inane *** questions, he's going to keep coming back.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-27 08:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Great information. All of which (with the possible exception of "if you 1-shot mobs, TH isn't applied to their drops") is available on the treasure hunter BG wiki page, which the OP could have found if he had any idea how to use BG wiki or Google.

I understand but if we move to a point where "just look it up" there is no reason to have a forum anymore, the game was built upon the foundation of finding things out by talking to each other.

Now it's better to ask this in the thread made for people to ask random XI questions, but still.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-27 08:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand but if we move to a point where "just look it up" there is no reason to have a forum anymore, the game was built upon the foundation of finding things out by talking to each other.

Now it's better to ask this in the thread made for people to ask random XI questions, but still.

I mean I guess you could see it that way, but when there are 50 questions every other day of basic ***, it gets old.

There are plenty of things to discuss on this forum like strategies for bosses, testing for all kinds of obscure mechanics, LFG, and advice for content, among other things. This doesn't need to become the place for questions like "What level does WHM get divine veil?" in order to have a purpose.
[+]
By jubes 2024-03-27 08:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

nothing says you have to click the topic or reply. just move on if you don't like it
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-03-27 08:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think the issue is using the forum to ask questions (or even necessarily making a thread to ask questions if it's a question that might invite discussion and doesn't have a finite answer). The issue is this same person(who appears to be barely intelligent enough to use a PC in the first place) making 40 threads each asking a simple question that's pretty well known and often has little debate around it.
[+]
By jubes 2024-03-27 08:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

sets a bad precedent for the few new/returing players if everyone tells them to quit asking questions. could the guy do a bit more research on his own? sure. but it doesn't harm anything and if someone does take the time to respond, that's on them.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-03-27 08:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to have to disagree there, you don't immediately know if a thread is a Materdark thread without clicking it. A quick look through his post history shows that essentially every post he makes is in one of his own threads, most are off topic even in that context and amount to incoherent babbling. He doesn't acknowledge or thank people for answering his questions, and often doesn't even reply in the threads after they've started getting responses.

I think perception would be different if he asked politely, acknowledged answers, and stayed on topic. It would make much more sense for these questions to go in the random question thread as has been stated, or thrown into a community discord where he can get a quick answer.
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
Server: Asura
By Asura.Materdark 2024-03-27 08:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

jubes said: »
nothing says you have to click the topic or reply. just move on if you don't like it

I also made it easy for those that don't know where the block button is. Damn wish I had follows like this at least I be able to build the twitter profile lol

I do give a like, if I like the post I thought this was personal preference. Which made sense to me.
By RadialArcana 2024-03-27 09:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean I guess you could see it that way, but when there are 50 questions every other day of basic ***, it gets old.

There are a number of ways to look at it, and I agree it's better to put them in the proper thread made to ask questions like this.

However, a forum lives and dies based on the desire of users to post. If this thread had not been made half the people posting in here prob would not have posted at all the past few days.

We have the serious threads and we have the stupid threads, it's ok to have some stupid threads where we flinging sh*t around sometimes. People obviously enjoy it, or nobody would have replied.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-03-27 09:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

However, a forum lives and dies based on the desire of users to post. If this thread had not been made half the people posting in here prob would not have posted at all the past few days.

If every thread on the forum was a materdark thread, pretty sure most people would quit visiting it in a matter of days. There are posts because people want to discuss things, we see a new thread and click it, then we're disappointed to see it's yet another of his idiotic derailments.

Blocking doesn't hide threads created by the person, either.
[+]
By jubes 2024-03-27 09:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i know, he doesn't post the way we want him to, and that annoys people. i even agree that he could be more appreciative of the people who do take the time to answer these questions and i've trolled a thread of his myself before. still, i don't think we should try to chase the guy off and ridicule his intelligence over and over. its just mean, and only encourages more distractions.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-03-27 09:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

sets a bad precedent for the few new/returing players if everyone tells them to quit asking questions. could the guy do a bit more research on his own? sure. but it doesn't harm anything and if someone does take the time to respond, that's on them.

I don't think anyone is discouraging the asking of questions. I still ask questions after many years, but the great thing about history (and the internet) is, with time, chance are someone has asked and answered these same questions before, so self research is always possible. There's an entire website dedicated to just performing a simple search and finding the answer, so it seems either this guy doesn't know how to get the answer to the questions himself, he's lazy, or he's simply trolling for attention.

If that weren't bad enough, there's already a common FFXI "Random Questions Thread" that he could easily ask these one off questions. Making a thread every single time a question pops in your head is unnecessary, even more work than just asking it in the appropriate thread. That would be a much more appropriate spot to ask these repeat questions since they give direct answers instead of devolving into trolling.
[+]
By jubes 2024-03-27 09:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

some forums are very strict about where and what you post, and it works well. mods would come in and move/delete off topic as necessary. this isn't one of those places, for better or worse.

i agree with you all and would encourage materdark to search previous threads or just post in random questions too, just without the insults.
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-03-27 09:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunter
Quote:
Treasure Hunter is applied when any enmity-generating action is performed on the target, such as attacks or enemy-targeted job abilities or spells. Additionally, area of effect attacks will apply Treasure Hunter to every enemy they hit.

can anyone confirm this if it's true as i'm getting mixed messages else where.

So if you have TH 14 it will land on all of the mobs if you attack with area of effect ws?

I think i got used to insults lol
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-27 09:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

1-Theres a difference between "a bit more research" and "do any research".

2-Theres literally a "random question thread (FFXI related)" thread for small questions like this. New threads dont need to be made for "whats max TH", "how do I farm Heavy Metal", "how do I proc voidwatch".
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-27 09:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If he wants answers to basic gameplay questions which have easily searchable answers that have been known for years.. that is the exact purpose for a wiki. if he wants to ramble in fragments and poor grammar, that is the purpose of reddit. This is where we have better discussion of questions that don't have answers, and either debate them or rant, bring new information to the table, and increase the Knowledge Base.

All he is doing is furthering the belief that this game has gone to ***. As Thorny said- if all the posts on xiah were this joker's, the site's reputation for good information- and traffic- would disappear.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-03-27 09:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So if you have TH 14 it will land on all of the mobs if you attack with area of effect ws?

You can tag multiple targets with treasure hunter, but only up to the max base value allowed by gear on your job. So a non thief or thief support job can tag up to 4 TH on multiple targets. THF main can tag up to 8 TH base. You have to individually proc up to 14 to get that value, it can't be applied via AOE (TH increases are only on the first swing/round of melee attacks in an attack cycle). Wearing TH14 in gear and tagging a crowd is no different than using TH+5 In gear and doing the same.

(Someone chime in and correct me if I misspoke)

Also, this is why people are telling you to read the pages. You ignored this part that I just explained; it's literally at the top of the page from link you posted, right under the quote your inquiring about.

Quote:
Treasure Hunter+ from equipment stacks with your Job Trait bonus, Atma of Dread, and Treasure Hound, and caps at 8 for Thief as a main job.
If Thief is set as a support job, or not at all, Treasure Hunter level caps at 4.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-27 09:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Timepassesbye and RadialArcana both laid out the soft cap of TH8, and he's still asking about TH14 in gear.

His schtick seems to be identical to engagement farmers on X, except no ones getting paid for engagement farming posts on FFXI.
By K123 2024-03-27 09:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a pattern of behavior from this guy who is either mentally handicapped, completely unwilling to do a modicum of independent research, or a troll.
I'm still going with drugs. He may also be Scottish.

In his defense, I find a lot of the wording on BG Wiki to be confusing as ***.
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-03-27 09:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

now i want to know if you have more than 14 TH does that mean it gets proc faster?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-03-27 09:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In his defense, I find a lot of the wording on BG Wiki to be confusing as ***.

I would agree to an extent, but he quoted ffxiclopedia, not the wiki. Which is generally outdated information. In this case, it's actually accurate, and he's still managing to not understand it, so this has nothing to do with wiki at all.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-03-27 09:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Only when using the correct dagger combo of Blau/Heartsnatcher
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-27 09:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, all of these questions have been answered by a single link, posted on the first page within 5 posts, and he still hasn't bothered to read any of it, or can't interpret the information in front of his eyes.

Hence:
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
I say once again- this is clearly not the game for you.

FFXI is a game about obscure mechanics that aren't explained to you, you have to go on wiki and read the page to figure out how it works, and this man can't read a wikipedia page that was linked to him directly.

We're not talking about searching the forums and finding some hidden reference to an old forum post and reading the testing results of some guy who's dead. This information is available on the BG wiki page for the job trait he's asking about, which is also the first result on a Google search.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-03-27 09:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm wearing all my Gilfinder gear, but tab over to an RMT site, will they send me extra? Does it proc IRL?

Thanks in advance, not reading any replies.
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-03-27 09:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
If I'm wearing all my Gilfinder gear, but tab over to an RMT site, will they send me extra? Does it proc IRL?

Thanks in advance, not reading any replies.

There's too much junk post so i'm just skimming.

If anyone can help me with this thank you

Quote:
now i want to know if you have more than 14 TH does that mean it gets proc faster?