Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Volume 1 - September 2017
Ambuscade Volume 1 - September 2017
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-12 12:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste Samba is only 10% not 15% so no DNC and NIN won't be capping haste, they'll have to use more -delay reduction for slower TP gain. BLU's have Occultation and MP isn't an issue if you have a decent RDM.

BLU is the king DD for this fight for the exact same reason they are king at solo / low man. Without MG only DRK is going to be capping haste, and only assuming a RDM is doing Haste II on them. This is a low-buff fight, the exact kind where BLU overtakes everyone else. Hell if you don't have a RDM for sleeping the BLU's can do Dream Flower instead and problem solved.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2017-09-12 12:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Without MG only DRK is going to be capping haste.
Capped with haste 2:

Drg/sam with 5% samba or /drk or 1 hour.

Sam with 10% samba and hasso+5 or /drk.

+9 DW for DW5 dnc with samba

Drg x2 and dnc making double dark/umbras with no blu should work

(Trish drg) star > (non Trish drg) Sonic thrust > (dnc) evis > (Trish drg) star = umbra

Or (drg 1) star > (drg 2) Sonic > (drg 1) star = dark > JAed Rudras = double dark
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-12 12:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste Samba is only 10% not 15% so no DNC and NIN won't be capping haste, they'll have to use more -delay reduction for slower TP gain. BLU's have Occultation and MP isn't an issue if you have a decent RDM.

BLU is the king DD for this fight for the exact same reason they are king at solo / low man. Without MG only DRK is going to be capping haste, and only assuming a RDM is doing Haste II on them. This is a low-buff fight, the exact kind where BLU overtakes everyone else. Hell if you don't have a RDM for sleeping the BLU's can do Dream Flower instead and problem solved.

NIN is at 79.35% delay reduction with Haste Samba II and Adhemar Jacket +1. That's close enough. They also have Blade: Shun (attack +75%~100% if you have Heishi). My NIN parses about 75~80% of my BLU DPS on Omen mid bosses where we have frailty. In this case you're somewhat attack starved, I wouldn't be surprised to see NIN outparse BLU in this situation.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-12 12:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »

NIN is at 79.35% delay reduction with Haste Samba II and Adhemar Jacket +1. That's close enough. They also have Blade: Shun (attack +75%~100% if you have Heishi). My NIN parses about 75~80% of my BLU DPS on Omen mid bosses where we have frailty. In this case you're somewhat attack starved, I wouldn't be surprised to see NIN outparse BLU in this situation.

Exactly. BLU might be good for this Ambuscade but I've seen other DD's successfully wreck house as well, such as a well-geared SAM. I think there are multiple effective options to choose from - give or take a few minutes clear time.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-12 13:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Floored Delay and Capped haste are not the same thing, Haste reduces your delay without reducing your TP gain, delay reduction also reduces your delay but also reduces your TP gain.

Hasso from DNC is only ~10%, 100/1024.

Haste 2 = 300
Gear = 256

556/1024,

Samba 2 = 100

656/1024 = 64.06%

Anything beyond that and your reducing TP/gain. DRK and DRG both have abilities that they can use to get 25% JA haste.

Introduce a BLU and not only do they cap their own magic haste, but they also cap everyone else's magic haste give a large defense bonus and a potent regen effect. It's the later part that makes them so valuable. Then add on Occultation, Berserk, Natures Meditation, Dream Flower, WoP or any number of useful support and you got a one-stop-shop. BLU's excel in situations where they aren't getting heavy buffs, like this one.

And it's not like there aren't a bazillion BLU's in the game. Hell finding a decent RDM is the hard part. Without access to our super buffing jobs, it becomes about bringing the most to the table. People can use other DD jobs, and they will be able to eventually clear D, but it's just not going to be smooth.
 Fenrir.Pertalee
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2017-09-12 13:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

We got D down to about 12min with PLD BLU SAM THF RDM WHM
requi>fudo>rudras would usually kill each add with MBs from RDM; and if not it would go down on the next set of WS.

Just using food+distract3+dia3+innudation. Then w/e else there as time for.

We were also doing MB > adds, and just running from the bomb > sleepga right as they wake up from the bomb.
By Taint 2017-09-12 14:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Apoc DRK has to wreck in there. Capped haste, self cures, high att.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-09-12 14:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Summoner does ok but no favor really sucks. I tried it out for a few runs and volt strike was doing decent damage without any buffs + giving hastega II and TP bonus for the DD. If you can close light or extend a skillchain for radiance it works well enough to consider bringing over a Red Mage.

As other have said, multi step skillchaining is the way to go again this month and Dancer has been doing very well so far. I've been using DNC/THF to rotate climactic flourish and sneak attack for closing umbras. I think it may be better to have a couple of aeonic DDs rotate closing radiance/umbra though, so there is less time getting aftermath for 1 closer. None of Dancer's abilities seem to cause a level up. I've used Saber Dance, Fan Dance, climactic flourish, building flourish, haste samba, and steps without any issues so far.

[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-12 14:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
Summoner does ok but no favor really sucks. I tried it out for a few runs and volt strike was doing decent damage without any buffs + giving hastega II and TP bonus for the DD. If you can close light or extend a skillchain for radiance it works well enough to consider bringing over a Red Mage.

As other have said, multi step skillchaining is the way to go again this month and Dancer has been doing very well so far. I've been using DNC/THF to rotate climactic flourish and sneak attack for closing umbras. I think it may be better to have a couple of aeonic DDs rotate closing radiance/umbra though, so there is less time getting am2 for 1 closer. None of Dancer's abilities seem to cause a level up. I've used Saber Dance, Fan Dance, climactic flourish, building flourish, haste samba, and steps without any issues so far.

Nice Brixy, thanks for sharing that.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-12 14:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Apoc DRK has to wreck in there. Capped haste, self cures, high att.

On D and VD I'd be concerned about survival, those *** hit hard and their TP moves can one shot you, so maybe go /NIN as dumb as that usually is. People would randomly die on D until we started having he RUN go /NIN and the BLU's use Occultation, then super smooth after that. Between Haste II and MG Ni's recast was low enough that the RUN could just laugh at everything.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-12 14:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
If you can close light or extend a skillchain for radiance it works well enough to consider bringing over a Red Mage.

SMN is worth bringing as a support buffer but it's not replacing the primary responsibility of the RDM, which is sleepga. Now a BLM, GEO or BLU can do that too so there is flexibility. For VD you absolutely want Sab Distract III to nuke that dudes evasion.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-12 14:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Has Shiva's sleepga been tested yet?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-12 15:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
Has Shiva's sleepga been tested yet?

Would probably work up to Normal and maybe a few times on D. The problem is timing and targeting, they don't just nicely stand there in a perfect 10 foot circle, especially on VD. Those *** rats like to run around and every time a mine get drops their hate is reset so the moment they wake up they run after random people. The first sleepga is clean, after that it gets a bit hairy and I frequently had to toss two or more sleepgas back to back. What I liked to do is open with Sleepga (120s) then follow with individual Sleep II's (165s) while the DD's tries to knock down the first two adds. Once you get a few adds dead the fight becomes more manageable. Also a lot of people seem to be having issues with sleep resistance on VD, I didn't run into this but then again I also have a very high end set for Sleeps and Binds. That boss rat is quite susceptible to Bind so if he starts being dumb and chasing your WHM you can bind him.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2017-09-12 17:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Doing V1 E as SMN (Hastega 2), WHM, BLU (sleep add and kill boss then add) and 3 DD is fine. Using a DRG with Angon but a THF for Feint also would be nice. Also using Ageha on SAM but dunno if it stacks with Angon.

Yes, worth noting that a lot of the melee jobs that ought to shine here (DNC, BLU, DRG, to some degree SAM) have absolutely monstrous defense down debuffs that all stack and will do extra work since this month will be the lowest attack you're likely to have had in a while.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-12 17:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing V1 E as SMN (Hastega 2), WHM, BLU (sleep add and kill boss then add) and 3 DD is fine. Using a DRG with Angon but a THF for Feint also would be nice. Also using Ageha on SAM but dunno if it stacks with Angon.

Normal and under is a joke and practically any group that can sleep them will easily win. I'm only discussing stuff for D and VD, which is where you really need a solid setup.

The worst thing this month is the KI. Jesus. So many people in Ruins chasing it. 5min wins and 30mins to get KI. This is their "fix" for the queues.

Assaults are your friend.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By anik 2017-09-12 18:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, we need you to keep busy. So deal with the waiting, and keep complaining until next month, when you decide to pay the monthly fee. Our solution is great as long as you keep paying. You complain yet you pay, so what now?
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-09-12 19:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Also are other servers experiencing this glitch where many people do not have UNM 128 warp to Alz Ruins? Many don't have it on Asura for some reason.
Nope
By anik 2017-09-12 22:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Also are other servers experiencing this glitch where many people do not have UNM 128 warp to Alz Ruins? Many don't have it on Asura for some reason.
Nope
It may be that many people have not been to TOAU zones let alone the Ruins, so they don't have it on the list when they look for it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-09-12 23:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not it. My mule has a glitch where it can't warp to Caedarva mire despite killing the khimmy UNM and everything else in that island multipe times.

Post deleted by User.
By Staleyx 2017-09-12 23:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Think you have to be captain to have that warp.
By clearlyamule 2017-09-12 23:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably tied to missions like the waypoints are
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-09-12 23:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you check if you still have an assault orders KI? They don't let anyone pass through the staging point gates and maybe affect the unity warp too.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-09-12 23:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

JP wiki says you either have to be captain or have a salvage permit, do they have either?
By Draylo 2017-09-12 23:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

My mule has this issue, and she is captain and has been to the undersea ruins + salvage + caedarva mire + etc many times.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-09-13 00:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
That's not it. My mule has a glitch where it can't warp to Caedarva mire despite killing the khimmy UNM and everything else in that island multipe times.

same, though my rank is basically virgin since I remade mt char.