Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-11 21:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Staleyx said: »
Quote:
safe to use, but people reported them being immune to geo debuffs

Derp Skipped over that. Yep geo-poison does nothing, Wow SE...

It's meant to be killed with using our normal OP buff / debuff jobs.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-11 22:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any hate reset mechanics? Seems like a ranged setup might also work (could use COR rolls if abusing Coronach.)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-11 22:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes there are lots of hate resets, everytime it shits out a bomb it hate resets. It likes to run around and randomly tag people for no reason right after *** a bomb.

So no, COR rolls would be dumb as all it takes it one mob to randomly smack the COR, and yes it'll be the COR for some reason, to reset the fight.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-09-11 23:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

trying to decide if corsair should be used w/ pet jobs for this fight or not. cor/nin

Shadows help prevent the hp restore proc?

Puppetmasters and beastmasters work quite well.

The trigger for fight reset is just if the main nm hits a player? or what?

its a bit murky on what causes them to go to 100% hp.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-11 23:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If any of the monsters hit someone with a COR BRD GEO buff they all restore their HP. It's a deliberate fight reset mechanic to force you to not use those jobs.

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Puppetmasters and beastmasters work quite well.

No they suck *** and are slow as hell. This fight is pretty much ruled by BLU + RDM cause haste capping. Intense normal is a joke and Difficult isn't really hard just annoying cause PD and four adds to beat through. VD was epic but those adds got too much HP so with PD it becomes a slog.

The RNG strat was the only other really viable one and not with buffs. On D and VD ***gets hairy pretty quick.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-12 01:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Saevel can you mention what the acc requirements are for the D and N fight?

I think SMN (ruling out Favor) could be a decent buffer as well, it can do damage and give some cool stuff to players, altough I wouldn't consider it a substitute for RDM because it lacks all of RDM's cool debuffs.

So -correct me if I'm wrong- the most efficient setup for this is gonna be:
1x Tank
1x Healer (necessary for a turtling tank holding stuff? Not sure how much damage these guys can dish out)
1x RDM/BLM (sleeping, buffing, debuffing, if time allows DDing?)
2x BLU (rotating Mighty Guard)
1x DD/support

Not sure on what the last DD could be. A SMN? Or maybe I was thinking about DNC? Steps can help mitigate for the lack of buffs. Granted that steps' potency leaves a lot to be desired but it's better than nothing? Plus it's not like DNC DPS/Acc is bad to begin with.

Heard someone talking about destroying the bombs before they explode. They can be targeted then? How many seconds do you have before they explode? How much HP roughly?
Is it true if you don't make them explode then the Qiqrins won't wake up from sleep and won't hatereset?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-09-12 01:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

regardless if its hard, between KI time, and fact abj seals triple your stuff, wouldnt just roughing through a VD be worth it? I havent been on last days so maybe I missed something, but from my understanding 3600 x3 = 10800 and that seems well worth the 20 mins~ once a week.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Staleyx 2017-09-12 01:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dream flower works so good in here, no resist at all can Just keep it up 100%
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-12 01:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
regardless if its hard, between KI time, and fact abj seals triple your stuff, wouldnt just roughing through a VD be worth it? I havent been on last days so maybe I missed something, but from my understanding 3600 x3 = 10800 and that seems well worth the 20 mins~ once a week.
Think it might take more than 20m fight.

For VD my main concern is Accuracy needs.
Without any sort of accuracy buff except Distract3 (supposing your RDM can even land it regularly without stuff like Languor/Focus) I'm not sure if you can reach the acc requirements for VD that easily.
We're still talking about monsters which are THF based and so they probably have good evasion, don't they?
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-09-12 01:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well saevel said it was like 15min on VD last page, so was just assuming 20~ for avg run. Plus his 20k CDC's means acc isnt suffering much (not many missed hits if any).

Honestly you can get like 1500 acc on blu no buffs, with distract that should be enough. Rng would be in the same boat if not more. If your a fancy Yoichi AG user, breaking 1600 is possible. Most DD's can break 1300 acc and push close to 1350.
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2017-09-12 01:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I was in Saevel's VD win party. Once he had put Distract 3 I had no trouble landing hits on anything with 1200~ acc + sushi on BLU but before he used it you could notice a few miss in the chat log. VD acc requirement is pretty easy to reach
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-09-12 03:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

arnan did you use a seal and if so they are still tripling everything like normal?
 Asura.Arnan
By Asura.Arnan 2017-09-12 03:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

10,800 hallmarks with seal VD
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-12 04:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
Well saevel said it was like 15min on VD last page, so was just assuming 20~ for avg run. Plus his 20k CDC's means acc isnt suffering much (not many missed hits if any).
Yeah right, but I wouldn't really define Saevel's group an "average" group though, if you get what I mean :P

Arnan who was your RDM and can you tell how hard it was for him to stick Distract and which buffs/food was he using?
 Asura.Arnan
By Asura.Arnan 2017-09-12 04:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Our RDM was Saevel, I don't think he had any issues landing but he probably has all best in slot gear.
I highly recommend some kind of voice chat software to call out mines, today I'm in a good group but not having as much luck as the mines spawn behind a DD, you only have a small window to kill them and its hard to notice them sometimes. Having the back line jobs call out mines straight away without typeing was a big help yesterday
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-12 04:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I asked before but again: roughly how much HP do the mines have and how much time (approx) do you have to kill them before they explode?

Which means were you using to sleep adds on VD and how soon 'til they started resisting?? (Sleep Flower, BLU?)

I assume you had a tank holding the megaboss and ONE of the adds (as you were likely waking them up from sleep one by one I suppose)
 Asura.Arnan
By Asura.Arnan 2017-09-12 04:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

on D one CdC and a few melee swings maybe. VD is 2 CdC pretty much, both BLU need to be on A game for VD. Sometimes I use sinker drill if I know I wont get tp in time.

BLM dedicated sleepga as well as RDM for backup is what I would recommend. If mines go off they could run all over the place. Yesterday Saevel was managing as RDM/BLM though but he was very busy
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-12 07:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I had zero issues landing debuffs on everything including VD, I was using pear crepes.

On regular mobs I try to have Distract III + Dia III + Frazzle III (for Sweeping) then if time allows Slow + Para. On the MB I do ES Sab Distract III to squash any evasion issues that might arise along with Frazzle III + Addle II + Dia III + Paralyze II + Slow II. On VD they were pretty highly resistant to slow.

Asura.Sechs said: »
I assume you had a tank holding the megaboss and ONE of the adds (as you were likely waking them up from sleep one by one I suppose)

That was the original plan, which promptly went to ***the moment a mine poped out the rats ***. The act of spawning the mine resets hate on everything, including your tanks on the main NM. The mobs waking up soon after just makes it a rough day cause their hate was also reset and they like to run around to random people. Main NM is immune to sleep but bind worked amazing on him.

My RDM is master with +50% duration on Sleep / Bind / gravity enfeebles so my Sleepga (120s) lasts very long.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-09-12 09:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated with strats
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-12 09:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So the hate reset is procced by the act of landing a bomb, not another TP move.
Wonder what's the range of that. Maybe tank could bring the megaboss to a corner far from the other mobs in an attempt to avoid the bomb hate reset from add?

In that case though I wonder if BLUs would be able to "tank" adds one by one.
I assume up to Normal it should be no problem, maybe harder on D and would require high coordination and very good gear on VD probably.
Correct?
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-12 09:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder what's the range of that. Maybe tank could bring the megaboss to a corner far from the other mobs in an attempt to avoid the bomb hate reset from add?

I assume up to Normal it should be no problem, maybe harder on D and would require high coordination and very good gear on VD probably.
Correct?

We had a SAM and BLU in our run last night and they both each tanked an add last night at various times, so it's doable.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-12 09:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct?

We tried that, won't work.

The hate reset happens when the bomb appears and it doesn't matter where it appears at. We had our BLU's fighting the adds and a RUN kiting the boss, the boss dropped a mine and instantly the adds hate went wonky and they made a bee line for myself. You can't avoid the hate reset, it's going to happen and you need to deal with it.

Easiest way we found was for the tank to pull everything back to the corner and I sleepga them there. Then we fight them right there in the corner so that when hate goes wonky they can easily get it back without having to chase rats around the room. They don't have any dangerous AoE' so no reason not to stand in the same area.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-09-12 09:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

there are some JP`s spaming v1 all the time on twitch , doesnt look that hard to me .
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-12 10:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fabiano said: »
there are some JP`s spaming v1 all the time on twitch , doesnt look that hard to me .

It's not hard just different. It requires everyone to be on the same page vs just doing their own thing while watching youtube cat videos. DD's need to quickly switch to and kill the mine, instead of continuing to spam CDC then wonder why everything woke up and killed someone.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-09-12 10:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

SE live streamed the fight as part of their freshy picked or whatever livestream so the Japanese players may not have had to figure out the mechanics.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-12 11:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

My impressions doing Intense D with WHM WHM BLUB BLU BLU PLD last night~

I think a good RDM is very useful for this fight. You can sleep, enfeeble, and heal. It's fairly chaotic without Sleep. BLU is a decent pick because of self cap haste and Nature's Meditation although I feel that unless you have Tizona, there might be better options. I had zero MP when we started on the second Qiqirn because of MP steal. Kibosh is also very potent and can one shot you (happened several times.) DNC + NINx2 for DD might work better. More debuffs, you can still cap attack speed, you don't rely on MP and Utsusemi is going to prevent just about all damage. You could also do something like NIN + 2x RNG and use Coronach. Hate will get reset but you can get it back quickly and blink tank. If your RNG has Gastra you can also use acid bolts. I'm sure a lot of other job combinations would work fine.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-12 11:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Diffusion and Unbridled Learning can also get reset by the Qiqirns (further diminishing BLU's usefulness.)