August 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-03 02:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No +2 version of Nyzul/Limbus Ambuscade sets again.
How long will we have to wait for those? I want my Ayanmo+2 already Q_Q
[+]
By Elazar1 2017-08-03 02:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

But they worked so hard on this update.... no more +2s for you :)
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-08-03 05:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

Nyzul/Limbus +2 added ! Needs 60 Abj Metal to upgrade !
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-03 05:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »

Nyzul/Limbus +2 added ! Needs 60 Abj Metal to upgrade !
lolz

That makes me wonder if, when they'll add those sets, they're still gonna rely on metals or something else entirely.
I've been kinda holding up on metals for that reason :x
[+]
By Eiryl 2017-08-03 06:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So on the bright side, now that all the relic reforge mats have officially been over used and the prices gouged, relic +3 is guaranteed to come next update.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-03 06:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I just noticed among the various weapons added there is no "Katana", only a Great Katana... which gives Katana skill o.o
I hope that's just a translation error in the english client though lol
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-03 07:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well at least Ninja has a decent weapon to use with Jinpu, Warrior got a new Polearm for SD, some other interesting items there for jobs using alternate weapons. The extra WS's only help if your not using an appropriate REMA.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-08-03 08:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So mnk nerf. Awful or merely just terrible?
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-08-03 09:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it definitely looks like WAR has more viable options for the Quadav in Unafraid of the Dark, but I'm guessing the benefit wont extend beyond that. Having beat that BC myself first having tried just about every possible DD combination, I'm having a hard time seeing 2 WAR's survive the entire gamut of that fight - even with GEO BRD COR support.

I get this is the August update thread, but just out of curiosity, has anyone beat the entire BC with 2x WAR only successfully? I can see the list of Irradiance Blade owners but I'm not contacting each of them to ask. :S
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-03 10:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
So mnk nerf. Awful or merely just terrible?
More like a side-buff.

A buff for a much needed job, but not enough to make it relevant in any major event. Sure, they can hold their own a little better now, but it still didn't address what the job really needed, which is better WS damage.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-08-03 10:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/August_2017_Version_Update_Changes/Existing_Items

Is there a reason why all the "Changed Attribute Damage" are 3 DMG higher than the discription of the weapon?
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-08-03 10:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiasko said: »

Is there a reason why all the "Changed Attribute Damage" are 3 DMG higher than the discription of the weapon?

Unarmed damage is +3 base, so weapons add to that +3.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-08-03 10:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Heres all (plus perhaps extra) dialogue from the new npc about the strange apparatuses...
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-08-03 10:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Asura.Fiasko said: »

Unarmed damage is +3 base, so weapons add to that +3.
Well that and the contribution from skill. Kind of makes it confusing since the base is listed as .11skill +3 so when you go to add that in with the 3 pre added in uggg
[+]
By Afania 2017-08-03 10:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on current report on MNK boost, I guess COR is the biggest winner for this update then? That sword is like 5% dps increase on spreadsheet for COR, which is quite huge considering some REMA only has increase this small.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-08-03 10:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk is the winner, though it didn't win enough to make it competitive.
By FaeQueenCory 2017-08-03 10:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
Maybe. The Boost change is the most significant IMO.
From the sound of it.... it sounds like a +20~50%STR mod.... that can be added to every WS... with an additional WSdmg boost on top...
That sounds like it could be crazy in action.
Though it's 1/60s... so... not every really...

Though I'm not sure if it will be enough given how low H2H WS damage usually turns out.
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-08-03 11:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now, with Boost glitched (?) to not be noticeable/not work on WSs, the biggest boosts to Monk are Focus, H2H DMG/Delay (Master Monk no longer gets penalized by MA gifts!), and Footwork.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-08-03 11:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's my old linkshell (KnightsofNi) when we used to bring Monks to Tiamat.

Ah, the days when Boost was cared for and loved.

[+]
 Valefor.Maurauc
Server: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2017-08-03 11:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So, judging by that chatlog about the devices, it seems like the last few unactivated ones will be activated soon? Maybe have to find a new code method to activate them.
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-08-03 11:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if there's supposed to be an Ambuscade topic, or if we're just doing info here now.

Volume 1, done on N:
5 Sahagins:
Bozzeto Songstress (BRD, boss)
Bozzeto Flowspear x2 (DRG)
Bozzeto Wavefist x2 (MNK)

They all use normal Sahagin TP moves, in addition to Sucker Punch (was doing up to 2000 on melee DDs). Hydro Shot makes hate quite wonky at time. Songstress uses Soul Voice, not sure about other SPs. Adds have about 100,000 HP on N.

The Songstress is completely invincible to everything from what we saw, but killing adds seems to reduce her HP by about 15-25%. The adds will respawn after a short time once you kill them.

The adds have absolutely massive regen at times (like 30%-50% per tick), unsure as to what triggers it or removes it. Perhaps the mobs' proximity to boss is related?

The boss also gets a massive range Bio aura (50/tic, 30+ yalms) with an unknown trigger. At some points in the battle, there would be messages in the log saying something like "The boss can barely croak the words out", or "The boss's voice begins to crack", but unsure as to the cause or effect of it. Related to the Bio aura, perhaps?
[+]
By Taint 2017-08-03 11:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »

Wow I know all those people! The good old days.
[+]
By Kodaijin 2017-08-03 12:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Asura.Avallon said: »

Wow I know all those people! The good old days.

Elien examines you.
[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2017-08-03 12:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if there's supposed to be an Ambuscade topic, or if we're just doing info here now.

Volume 1, done on N:
5 Sahagins:
Bozzeto Songstress (BRD, boss)
Bozzeto Flowspear x2 (DRG)
Bozzeto Wavefist x2 (MNK)

They all use normal Sahagin TP moves, in addition to Sucker Punch (was doing up to 2000 on melee DDs). Hydro Shot makes hate quite wonky at time. Songstress uses Soul Voice, not sure about other SPs. Adds have about 100,000 HP on N.

The Songstress is completely invincible to everything from what we saw, but killing adds seems to reduce her HP by about 15-25%. The adds will respawn after a short time once you kill them.

The adds have absolutely massive regen at times (like 30%-50% per tick), unsure as to what triggers it or removes it. Perhaps the mobs' proximity to boss is related?

The boss also gets a massive range Bio aura (50/tic, 30+ yalms) with an unknown trigger. At some points in the battle, there would be messages in the log saying something like "The boss can barely croak the words out", or "The boss's voice begins to crack", but unsure as to the cause or effect of it. Related to the Bio aura, perhaps?

We pulled adds right to the very edge of the arena, didn't seem to change anything. Boss doesn't move at all. Couldn't seem to find any way of removing the regen. Seems pretty easy other than that.
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-08-03 12:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking more like keeping them close to possibly negate the regen, as it would prevent you from keeping the mobs out of song range.
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2017-08-03 12:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking more like keeping them close to possibly negate the regen, as it would prevent you from keeping the mobs out of song range.
Oh yeah, didn't think of that, will give it a try.
 Sylph.Lobbi
user: Lobby
By Sylph.Lobbi 2017-08-03 13:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

For vol1 :
1. Need to keep "n" different enfeebling magic effects active on the main NM to reduce/remove the regen effect on adds.
"n" is the number of adds you have when you start the instance.
2. Kill adds to reduce the main NM HP
3. When all adds are down, the main nm is no longer invincible, just kill it.

Enjoy.
[+]
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-08-03 14:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Silencing the BRD removes the Regen from the Adds and removes the Bio aura. The BRD will start to resist after the 3rd or 4th application. The BRD will do an erase-ga move removing the Silence, re-applying the Bio aura and giving back the regen.

The one shot move from the MNK and DRG's is lethal though. One shot most of our DD's keeping us from killing all of the ads.
 Valefor.Maurauc
Server: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2017-08-03 14:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just did the first step of the Strange Apparatus quests. The guy wants a Yagudo Drink, to give you the tips, and then when I went and activated the apparatus in Horutoto, he told me the apparatus in Fei'Yin has just activated. Going to go check it out now.

The Fei'Yin Strange Apparatus reports itself as a Mount Emulator. I think this is how we're gonna get the Omega mount, in the end.
Just have to work out how to calculate the password.
I can confirm it's not +8, +9, +10, -1, -2, or -3. Might be worth rechecking and trying a few other things.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-08-03 14:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, PUP is likely the bigger winner since it got all of the more significant benefits from the H2H weapon dmg/delay adjustments (including to PUP exclusive stuff like Kenkonken and Ohtas).

A decent puppet adds more DPS than MNK's weird (and perhaps not even working correctly?) JA changes, so PUP is a better job from a DPS perspective assuming similar quality gear/skill. Of course, that requires a competent and geared PUP, which we all know is a lot more rare. But we're out there.

Totally excited to play around more with my newly buffed Kenkonken, but a bit baffled at why S-E didn't make buffs more MNK-exclusive. PUP already has other roles like a great tank, so when you let the other H2H user still outdo MNKs from a DPS perspective...