New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » August 2017 Version Update
August 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Chimerawizard 2017-08-05 07:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

sum of all (4*7) -iceday's 4 would be 24. could it have been 24 as success?
maybe sum of all (28) - next day (5) for 23.

clearlyamule said: »
Though trading the ore to the one in KRT gets you an interesting if old message
what ore is that? part of some old quest or something?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2017-08-05 10:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Though trading the ore to the one in KRT gets you an interesting if old message
what ore is that? part of some old quest or something?
typo meant to say core again
 Valefor.Maurauc
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2017-08-05 10:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing after Japanese Midnight. Looks like it'll either be a conquest cycle, some other trigger, or it's all placeholder until the rest is implemented. (Vanaversary stuff)
By clearlyamule 2017-08-05 10:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So 23 worked for me as well. It says the whole thing about chips and core so tried doing cyan which it should be nothing. Gray didn't work either no carmine on me. Also tried white purple and clear chips for the elements and nope
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-05 12:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't find the August Ambuscade threads, does anybody have the links or something? FFXIAH search isn't working 100% atm
 Midgardsormr.Turlos
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Turlos
By Midgardsormr.Turlos 2017-08-05 12:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the only one thus far that I am aware of. Was in the General forum and not endgame forum like previous months.

Also didn't see one for Volume 2 posted yet this month.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51255/ambuscade-volume-1/#3280390
By clearlyamule 2017-08-05 12:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Volume 2 is so easy not really worth it's own thread.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2017-08-05 12:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you solo Vol 2? I kept getting KO without DT gear and it would sometimes sleep me and kill all the trusts. It will also use a 1min Doom at 10% HP.
By clearlyamule 2017-08-05 13:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wear dt gear then? The melee hits and breath attacks don't really deal all that much (like in ~40% dt think most I got hit for was 700 dmg from "rhino attack". melee hits were dealing like 30-40 and sweet breath was just doing sleep) and they are all conal so pretty easy to keep it from hitting your healer trusts or possibly all your trusts if you tank.

Mix and match magic and melee dmg to keep increasing the other (it will do a 2hr animation and tell you what is enhanced now). Which is very easily done just by spamming skillchains. Never saw the doom mostly because by the time the fight has gone on that long my physical hits are dealing like 2-3x normal dmg and my skillchains are dealing like 3-4x normal dmg so it just dies ridiculous fast at the end
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2017-08-05 13:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I can but it will sometimes sleep me, kill the trusts but I can still chip it down to 10% then it uses Doom on me. Skill chain is really really hard without buff.
By clearlyamule 2017-08-05 14:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Use trusts that wake you up. Ygnas in particular is great at this

Edit: whoops just had a rhino attack hit for 1400 ouch. Since it should really be bad breath could just use earth resist runes and vallation to lower it a bit too

Actually wait if it's sleeping you that means you have hate or haven't positioned yourself. If you have hate why isn't it's hits waking you and how is it killing your trusts then? If you aren't positioned away from your trusts then do so
By waffle 2017-08-05 15:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it says you need the OMEGA melody, and infinity core, and a chip, presumably cyan. We only have the O from the melody, which states that it's useless by itself. We'll likely have to wait until we have all the letters and then do the trade. That'll probably trigger the next dialogue where it looks like he'll send us to the strange apparatus in ranperre's tomb, where we'll likely need another password and a carmine chip and infinity core.

The dialogue doesn't seem to suggest that anything will happen with the Rangeumont pass apparatus which you can't click on anyway.

Presumably the elemental component of the new password takes into account the element of the weather given Chriscoffey's experience but iirc there's no weather in Ranperre's tomb, so that may end up being different.
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2017-08-05 15:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I am tanking it as War. I might try out War/Run.

It's really random. At 1st, it was doing fine, then it slept me. Then it ate Apururu. Then it was fine until 25%. It slept me again and ate the rest of them.
By clearlyamule 2017-08-05 15:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »

It's really random. At 1st, it was doing fine, then it slept me. Then it ate Apururu. Then it was fine until 25%. It slept me again and ate the rest of them.

That's what I mean if you are tanking how are it's hits not waking you right back up again for you to keep hate? Sweet breath should basically be a single target stun if positioned right. Anyways can't speak of how easy it is given I was cheesing with OD but the sleep is resistable so I guess you could try for that too

waffle said: »
Well, it says you need the OMEGA melody, and infinity core, and a chip, presumably cyan. We only have the O from the melody, which states that it's useless by itself. We'll likely have to wait until we have all the letters and then do the trade. That'll probably trigger the next dialogue where it looks like he'll send us to the strange apparatus in ranperre's tomb, where we'll likely need another password and a carmine chip and infinity core.

The dialogue doesn't seem to suggest that anything will happen with the Rangeumont pass apparatus which you can't click on anyway.

Presumably the elemental component of the new password takes into account the element of the weather given Chriscoffey's experience but iirc there's no weather in Ranperre's tomb, so that may end up being different.
Probably though almost thinking something different might happen at KRT. Since forever it's been when you trade a core to it it gives you some crazy warning of some S-level warning and then shuts down so maybe omega is that threat and you gotta tame it to ride it lol

I'll add that I had no weather with my 23 so idk. I'll try on my mules to check I guess
By Chimerawizard 2017-08-05 15:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Strange Apparatus
got administrator with 23 as well.
went back to a normal elemental one and that one still calls me Doctor. That trashes my theory that admin was always there and people just never realized there was a tier higher than doctor. Devs couldn't even be bothered to add a few lines of text to the normal ones.
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2017-08-05 16:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I mean if you are tanking how are it's hits not waking you right back up again for you to keep hate? Sweet breath should basically be a single target stun if positioned right. Anyways can't speak of how easy it is given I was cheesing with OD but the sleep is resistable so I guess you could try for that too

It would sleep me, turned to Apururu. Hit her, the trusts cured her including Joachim and Koru. Then it slowly kill them and none of them would wake me.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-05 17:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not very savvy in the ways of the official forums. At least for NA, it is my opinion that it is total trash.

But I have been watching the JP forums to see if there is any hope for MNK. I'm not sure there is.
I don't speak Japanese, so if someone with greater ability than I would summarize the activity for us all, it would be much appreciated!

I found this here today:

Posted by Salalaruru
Thank you for your feedback.
Ability "to try" has the effect of prolonging the auto attack interval to raise damage and gain TP.
Extension interval = It will be the effect time of "try", so it is behaving as specified.

Also, if you use Weapon skill after using "Yuru", the effect of "Yuru" will expire, but since
the interval until the next auto attack has been extended, it takes time to attack.

As for the person in charge I asked
how to use the good feeling of this ability, and it was "Were you to use weapon skills since I was upset?"
By clearlyamule 2017-08-05 18:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It would sleep me, turned to Apururu. Hit her, the trusts cured her including Joachim and Koru. Then it slowly kill them and none of them would wake me.
Hmmm maybe has hate reset if the sleep lands? I'd still recommend ygnas he goes pretty far away and immediately starts cure 1ing. Also even resists most forms of sleep pretty strong