Windower Won't Start! - Windower V4.3 And The Creators Update

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » News » Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 19 20 21
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-05-08 11:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You're probably running into this error:
https://github.com/Windower/Issues/issues/916
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-05-08 12:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
You're probably running into this error:
https://github.com/Windower/Issues/issues/916

Ah maybe, the only problem is I cant renew the windows key button by pressing it because it forces it right back to out of focus (Opens taskbar). Guess that's why I didn't notice at first. Ill keep an eye on the updates until some stuff is tweeked I guess.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-08 13:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Found another small bug when I came back today and downloaded 4.3.0.16.

When I alt-tab back into the FFXI window sometimes (randomly?) windower will think the "alt" button is pressed and will display the alt macrobook constantly and any key press will be considered as if you also had alt pressed down.

It goes away after a while messing around with space and keys and more alt tabs... basically I don't know what I did but I've been able to make it go away multiple times.

I play with a single FFXI instance in fullscreen, Windows 10 Creators' update.

edit:
Think I found a reliable way to make it go away. Press the "alt" key a few times, it usually goes away.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-05-08 13:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's the issue/solution that I linked two posts ago.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-08 17:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That should be fixed. Please let me know if you notice any odd issues with the keyboard input not working shortly after switching windows.
[+]
 Odin.Blizzy
Server: Odin
user: Blizzit
By Odin.Blizzy 2017-05-08 18:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this a common issue people are dealing with, Since the change to Windower, When multiboxing I have a constant 9 sec window hang time until I have control of the window I click on.Has anyone found a solution to this?
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-08 18:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blizzy said: »
Is this a common issue people are dealing with, Since the change to Windower, When multiboxing I have a constant 9 sec window hang time until I have control of the window I click on.Has anyone found a solution to this?

Haven't found a solution because you are the first to report the problem and your report has no details.
 Odin.Blizzy
user: Blizzit
By Odin.Blizzy 2017-05-08 19:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ok on byrths first post I went and made a backup and used that exe file to run windower and problem was gone. no delay to cycle through charecters. if useing the current windower exe the delay between windows is currrent. How would I make a report that you would need or what other information do you need?
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-08 19:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need to make a report, then. The development branch has the most recent changes pushed to it, and they get carried over to live when it's deemed stable. Continue using the dev launcher (you can copy over your addons folder, etc.) for now, and if the issue crops back up, be sure to include relevant information such as your Hook.dll and Windower.exe version, as well as what plugins and addons you have loaded if applicable.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-05-08 20:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower now seems to crash at character log-out everytime since last update. ; ;
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-08 20:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

a person said:
crash
cair, on more than one occasion, said:
crash dump
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-05-08 21:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Caiir said: »
Edit: Also, I've been trying to fix an issue that's honestly just a minor annoyance on and off for the past 7 hours or so. And if you weren't aware, I play this game too. I have the issues you have, and I'm trying to fix them. So yeah, I get the frustration, I'm dealing with it too.

Just wanted to say thanks for your (and everyone elses) work on making/fixing everything!
[+]
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
Server: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2017-05-08 23:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I reported it a few days ago but its been working fine for now.

I run multi box all the time,Recently a patch came out to fix the always enable game pad option,at first was causing issues with crashes then a patch came out and fixed it. Now i turn it on and it dosent hang anymore when i alt tab or use switchmon. But it will if the option is turned off it will still hang, On a recent note has anyone has any issues with the send plugin or the light luggage plugin im not sure which one is causing the issue, I have a macro thats //send @all Xcharacter 1,2,3,4,5,//ll passall all seperate lines for each character ,and causes the ones whos passing items to hang for a few seconds dosent crash but causes them to freeze for 5-8 seconds. No big rush just wanted to know if anyone else was having the same issue,Thank you for your help.
 Asura.Daiiawn
user: daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2017-05-09 00:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

a person said:
crash
cair, on more than one occasion, said:
crash dump
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-09 01:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding a small issue me and other people reported some days ago.
There's a behaviour different from the past about the sound and offscreen.

Before you could hear the window's sound wether you were in focus or off focus, but the sound would disappear if you were to //game_minimize

Now if you have the new option active you hear the sound all of the time no matter what, whereas if you turn it off of course you only hear the sound when the game is on-focus.

Just wanted to know, are there any plans to change this? I can acknowledge this as quite a minor issue (is it an "issue" at all?) but personally I found the previous behaviour very very useful.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-09 01:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Working as intended; your previous experience was an indirect result of workarounds to avoid bad choices SE made in their code.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-09 02:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Any chance to be able to reproduce the previous behaviour with additional options or something? Or would that be too complicated?

The whole point was that when you alt-tab to something else (for instance waiting for people to gather, you might want to surf the web or read some email) you do want to keep hearing the FFXI sound, but some other times you might want to mute the game (//game_minimize) because you're playing something else in the background or because you're watching a video or whatever else

Technically you can already do this by temporarily "muting" FFXI from the Windows 7/8/10 audio console, but it's not exactely as fast and comfortable as //game_minimize was for those instances.

I can understand the previous behavior was a non-standard situation and the current one is instead, but still having some easy way to reproduce the previous scenario would be quite awesome, if it's not too complicated for you guys :D
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-09 08:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So, basically before we were before we were forcing the "Always Play Sound" setting regardless of your pick. Before, with that setting on, you didn't get music while minimized, or you did? If you didn't, I can probably look into it. If you did, it's a task for a very boring day (and maybe for someone else..).
[+]
 Valefor.Psykopat
Server: Valefor
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2017-05-09 09:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,

I'm still unable to launch pol with windower 4.3 (using Vista). I've downloaded the exe to create automatic dump. I have the dump file but no idea how to attach it. If you can help me that'd be great
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-09 09:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Use a file upload service, such as dropbox, google drive, or anything else that the internet has for you.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-09 09:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

we were forcing the "Always Play Sound" setting regardless of your pick. Before, with that setting on, you didn't get music while minimized, or you did?
Didn't!
Until 4.2 Windower has always been the same since, I guess, 3.0 if not earlier?
Sound if focus, sound if off-focus, no sound if minimized.

I guess it's a matter of habit, but to me it kinda makes sense.
If you want to quickly alt-tab to something else, you might want to keep hearing FFXI sounds.
But if you minimize it you probably don't want to hear anything (except stuff like chatmon, but I think they still work even now regardless of sound settings)
 Valefor.Psykopat
Server: Valefor
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2017-05-09 12:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Use a file upload service, such as dropbox, google drive, or anything else that the internet has for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt42ijruqg20929/pol.exe.3032.dmp?dl=0
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-09 22:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello~

I quietly moved the dev version of hook and launcher to live earlier today. This should address a number of issues including:

* A fix for setkey use in the background
* A fix for controller delay after switching windows under certain conditions
* Proper functionality for "Always Enable Gamepad". As a note, this setting properly handles DirectInput gamepad devices, but for XInput devices, if this setting is on, you will control all FFXI instances simultaneously.
* Proper functionality for "Always Enable Sound".
* Minor performance fixes.
[+]
By Rife 2017-05-09 23:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello~

I quietly moved the dev version of hook and launcher to live earlier today. This should address a number of issues including:

* Proper functionality for "Always Enable Gamepad". As a note, this setting properly handles DirectInput gamepad devices, but for XInput devices, if this setting is on, you will control all FFXI instances simultaneously.

Thanks for your continued efforts, im sure there is a great deal of people who dont post that really appreciate what you are doing.
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-05-09 23:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

There still is that freezing issue after switching instances.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-09 23:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what freezing issue you're talking about.
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2017-05-10 00:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

When you tab between instances (I use ctrl+esc) one will randomly lock and become unavailable through any means until you either kill it and relog, or kill the other instances.

Fwiw, it's easy to task manager and kill the frozen instance because it will be the one taking up the least CPU.

Edit: I don't know what causes it because I only notice it when I can't switch back to a character and it doesn't crash you, so no dump.
 Shiva.Trumpy
user: Trumpy3k
By Shiva.Trumpy 2017-05-10 00:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello~

There is a maint now so I cant log in and check. So this means we can go back to live version instead of the dev? Were these changes also applied to the dev version?

Just before the maint i got on both my characters (on dev version, it did DL a update when i launched it btw) and tested some of the problems I have been having since that Windows 10 update. It was still having the issue with sending commands via send addon to use scripts (exec back.txt type commands) on the non focused character. It still waits until i switch over to execute the scripts.

Basically I have some assisting and following commands for my dualbox. He will attack what I do when it is toggled on and follow me after the mob dies when that is toggled on. For the assisting i have it send the command to assist me, engage and /follow. Then a wait of about 3 seconds to a script to push the numpad key 7 (ive also tried 2 for backwards) which would stop the follow command. This causes him to run up to the mob and then stop (this prevents the floaty mobs you get when a character is on follow how the mob will kinda drift for some reason). I know the numpad key press isnt gettin executed til i switch focus to it because when I do you then see "Follow Cancelled." in the chat log, but only AFTER you switch to their window, even if you wait like 20 seconds after he engaged the monster Also further proof it isnt being executed is the fact that after the mob dies the dual box will just run straight (cause autorun is engaged and was never cancelled) if I dont switch over to his window.

If your above fixes were only implemented to Live and not Dev disregard the above. Another issue I havent seen reported yet is, a few days back it started, when i use macros. On my controller they all work normally. on keyboard control works normally but when I use the alt key when I hit enter nothing happens. But Ive also noticed that when I hit the macro key/buttons the macro bar used to stay open (I liked this over the quicker display of DelayMeNot), but now its only being open as long as you hold the key/button. Its as if the DelayMeNot plugin was loaded, but without the faster showing of the macro bar that the plugin entails.

EDIT: Maint over so i can check now. When i hit controller buttons for macros the macro bar is stayin open. but keyboard they go away when you let go of the key. I dont think it acts that way normally (the keyboard i mean).
 Shiva.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-05-10 00:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what freezing issue you're talking about.

I'll make a video for you tomorrow.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-10 01:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Trumpy said: »
EDIT: Maint over so i can check now. When i hit controller buttons for macros the macro bar is stayin open. but keyboard they go away when you let go of the key. I dont think it acts that way normally (the keyboard i mean).

Yeah, that's how it's supposed to behave.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 19 20 21