Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-04-04 21:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
My money's on 5% FC per additional piece, so marginal is probably a good way to describe it. 10% would be a pleasant surprise, but I'm not holding my breath.

5% would actually be very substantial, in terms of a per piece bonus. That would mean 30%with full set+ring... meaning with Weatherspoon,a Fast Cast amboop cape, loq. earring and a fast cast neck,anyone could cap Fast Cast on RDM or /RDM on that set. And that's just counting the set bonus FC, not any FC on the Jhakri. Way too easy for my money.
Full set would be 25%, which is about half what I can get in real FC gear in those slots on BLU. Mages have even better options in most slots. 5% is not that good.

You're also wrong about capping with that as /RDM, you're missing 13%. Waist and a second earring gets you over 70%, but still not enough.
By stuntmandan 2017-04-04 21:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing that the stat description on the Inyanga Crackows +2 is missing an entire line of text. Likely missing Magic Acc+42 and CHR+46 if it follows the pattern of the other Inyanga +2 pieces.

DEF:70 HP+25 MP+30 STR+6 DEX+6 VIT+14 AGI+33 INT+32 MND+33 Evasion+60 Magic Evasion+147 "Magic Def. Bonus"+8 Haste+2% Magic damage taken -3% Avatar: "Blood Pact" damage +9 Set: Enhances "Refresh" effect
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2017-04-04 22:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Inyanga hands +2 and ring are giving me a 1mp/tick refresh.
[+]
By Trowan 2017-04-05 00:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That moment you brought your party to crawlers nest in hidden room to party, and there happen to be a BST soloing there, so after spending two hours to setup party, get everyone to camp, pull a crawler, the BST says "Oh no they didn't" and charms crawler, and pops leave right on top of your group and you all get MPK'd within a minute or two and everyone is anything but ready to even begin to fathom an alternative afterwards. :D
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-04-05 01:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
So it is confirmed it's autorefresh and not +1 to Refresh (spell), correct?
Set bonus description was a bit misleading

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-04-05 01:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget about getting to mid-50s, and having to get a group to go farm coffer keys for your AF. Necropolis sucked balls to farm.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2017-04-05 01:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

Yep, it's auto refresh. They did word it a bit oddly.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2017-04-05 08:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Excalin said: »
My money's on 5% FC per additional piece, so marginal is probably a good way to describe it. 10% would be a pleasant surprise, but I'm not holding my breath.

5% would actually be very substantial, in terms of a per piece bonus. That would mean 30%with full set+ring... meaning with Weatherspoon,a Fast Cast amboop cape, loq. earring and a fast cast neck,anyone could cap Fast Cast on RDM or /RDM on that set. And that's just counting the set bonus FC, not any FC on the Jhakri. Way too easy for my money.

Probably follows the pattern we saw with AF set bonuses (x5 not x6).
Set is low haste so High FC is needed to offset recast.
RDM already has insane easy to get FC pieces.
x6 is right. Don't forget that the rings give it too.
However....

Asura.Sechs said: »

Yep, it's auto refresh. They did word it a bit oddly.
It's the old way of wording it.
But this likely means that the set bonuses are 1 level weaker than RF1 or empy set bonuses (being n*# of pieces in potency).

So if 2 Inyanga = only 1/tic refresh... then for the whole 6/6 set, you're looking at a 5/tic refresh.
So even though it's 6 items... potency likely is x5.

Honestly, I wish they had just gone the modern way of writing things with these set bonuses. If Unity items can show a varying potency, set bonuses like this should too.
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-04-05 09:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
However....
No, it's x5. 2 pieces = base level of the buff, 3 pieces = 2x base level, etc. It's the same as the Omen system.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-04-05 09:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the old way of wording it.
'Enhances "Refresh" effect' is a description unique to Inyanga +2. However, Refresh potency is consistently used to describe gear that affects the spell. Refresh effect has always applied to autorefresh gear. The use of 'Enhances' rather than 'Adds' is nothing more than another example of XI's inconsistent localization.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-04-05 10:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This ambuscade update was probably one of the best ones yet. On the one hand, it will mean long waits in between completing sets, but it means more rema mats in circulation due to increased ambuscade. It means goals we can work towards for months (possibly years) to come, based on their current trend of releasing +2/3 relic/empyrean in waves. Add that to the restriction behind Omen timers, ou wiping beads on pop, and Ambuscade items only purchasable in very limited quantities (sap/thread/capes/dyes/metals etc), this is a formula for Content Longevity.

It took until 2017, but SE finally figured out how to delay and prolong content for unending amounts of time while keeping the player subscribed due to their goals. And they did it with reincarnated gear/monster/zone models and colored boxes. I kind of applaud this business tactic, its truly genius. Whoever at SE came up with this idea for future content releases likely got (or will get) a hefty raise.

Next up is Wardrobe 5/6. SE is really rolling in the money now.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-04-05 11:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Full set would be 25%, which is about half what I can get in real FC gear in those slots on BLU. Mages have even better options in most slots. 5% is not that good.

You're also wrong about capping with that as /RDM, you're missing 13%. Waist and a second earring gets you over 70%, but still not enough.

Your argument was 5% a piece. 6 pieces (including ring, which is also labeled with the "set bonus" tag):

I agrued that anyone RDM or /RDM could cap with that set and a few easy accessories if there was a 5% per piece bonus.

Let's figure out for a RDM.

30% job trait
30% set bonus, assuming 5% per piece
5% from weatherspoon ring
10% from an ambuscade cape
5% from Orunmila's Torque

And we're capped.

And now for /RDM.

15% job trait
30% set bonus, assuming 5% per piece
5% from weatherspoon ring
10% from ambuscade cape
5% from Orunmila's Torque
2% from Loquacious Earring
2% from Enchanter's Earring+1
3% from Witful belt
3% from Clerisy Strap+1

75%. Yup, I'm off by 5%, 7% if you use NQ accessories instead of more expensive HQ. I'd still say that for spammable gear, that's way too easy to achieve. But I do concede its not 80%.
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-04-05 11:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade (and Omen) set bonuses don't compensate with higher potency on the first bonus.

If the set bonus is 5% per, then it'd be:

1 piece: 0%
2 pieces: 5%
3 pieces: 10%
4 pieces: 15%
5 pieces: 20%
6 pieces: 25%
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2017-04-05 11:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have not been able to play since the update and I have a question maybe someone can answer. So let's say you have the nq pieces of Meghanada. Does this new metal piece allow you to upgrade from nq to +1 and than also using a second metal, upgrade that +1 to the +2? Or will this only allow you to upgrade nq to +1 and then only if you have +1 already are you able to upgrade to the +2.
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-04-05 11:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It takes 5 metals to go from NQ > +1, and 10 metals to go from +1 > +2, so if you wanted to get a +2 from an NQ, you'd have to do it sequentially (costing 15 metals), but you could do it.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-04-05 12:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
Ambuscade (and Omen) set bonuses don't compensate with higher potency on the first bonus.

If the set bonus is 5% per, then it'd be:

1 piece: 0%
2 pieces: 5%
3 pieces: 10%
4 pieces: 15%
5 pieces: 20%
6 pieces: 25%

Very true, hadn't considered this point. Of course, no testing has been done with multiple pieces of Jhakri, so my entire previous post is total speculation, and likely crap.^^
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-04-05 12:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

did anybody find out how to get the Ring yet ?
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2017-04-05 12:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It takes 5 metals to go from NQ > +1, and 10 metals to go from +1 > +2, so if you wanted to get a +2 from an NQ, you'd have to do it sequentially (costing 15 metals), but you could do it.
Thank you!
By Sabishii 2017-04-05 12:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
did anybody find out how to get the Ring yet ?

There's a voucher that gives you a ring you buy. 1350 total hallmarks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2017-04-05 20:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Jhakri set Bonus appears to be 2% or 3%. Not sure there is something with a longer Recast than Death, but used Jhakri Cuffs +2 (No native Haste) and Jhakri Ring to test 2Pc bonus. The recast timer on the screen was consistent with 2-3FC from gear using a combination of Loquacious Earring and Etiolation Earring. It was defiantly More than 1FC (Etiolation alone) and less than 4 FC (Kishar Ring alone)

edit: With 2pc and Etiolation it was on par with 4% FC from Kishar so I am guessing the bonus is 3%.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2017-04-07 12:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

However....
No, it's x5. 2 pieces = base level of the buff, 3 pieces = 2x base level, etc. It's the same as the Omen system.
Gasp! You're right!
I had no idea why I was thinking that the RF1+2~3 bonus was like the empyrean and abjuratory sets.
My mistake.

Jhakri set Bonus appears to be 2% or 3%. Not sure there is something with a longer Recast than Death, but used Jhakri Cuffs +2 (No native Haste) and Jhakri Ring to test 2Pc bonus. The recast timer on the screen was consistent with 2-3FC from gear using a combination of Loquacious Earring and Etiolation Earring. It was defiantly More than 1FC (Etiolation alone) and less than 4 FC (Kishar Ring alone)

edit: With 2pc and Etiolation it was on par with 4% FC from Kishar so I am guessing the bonus is 3%.
That's hilarious! I said the other day that as a lark because "well I would imagine that SE wouldn't want Jhakri to just completely piss on Mallquis".... can't believe that's true though. XD
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2017-04-07 14:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That's hilarious! I said the other day that as a lark because "well I would imagine that SE wouldn't want Jhakri to just completely piss on Mallquis".... can't believe that's true though. XD

I am calling it now....they will probably put something like Occult Acumen on Mallquis +2 for set bonus! Though if they did something like more MAB as a set bonus...might be useful for low tier nukes finally.
 Asura.Pusheen
Server: Asura
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2017-04-09 18:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone upgrade 2x+2 with ring and see if its 1mp/tick per item after the first? (assuming set+ring=5mp/tick)
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-04-09 18:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. +2 hands/legs and ring is giving me 2 Refresh.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-04-09 19:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I am calling it now....they will probably put something like Occult Acumen on Mallquis +2 for set bonus! Though if they did something like more MAB as a set bonus...might be useful for low tier nukes finally.

Make me feel like more of a ***for skipping that month why don't ya...

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-04-09 19:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lennart said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Don't forget about getting to mid-50s, and having to get a group to go farm coffer keys for your AF. Necropolis sucked balls to farm.
I can't believe SE never added a way to open the gates solo in there

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Magicked_astrolabe

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8