April 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-04-04 13:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

HOLY SETS O.O

WOW >< When I thought Ambuscade would be over and ppl be back to doing Stuff.............

/re-packs his Ambuscade Set.

I am ready !

XD
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-04-04 14:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

All the people complaining about how you can't get everything quickly, I wonder how they would react to back in the day when it took a year to level a job to 75.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2017-04-04 14:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
All the people complaining about how you can't get everything quickly, I wonder how they would react to back in the day when it took a year to level a job to 75.

Too bad that didn't exist for people actually playing the game.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2017-04-04 14:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

5 pages and no one has said it?
I am disappoint.

But seriously.... Jhakri getting FC... like what Mallaquis should have had instead of the shitty version...
It's like they wanted Jhakri to ***on Mallaquis even more than it already did.
By clearlyamule 2017-04-04 14:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »

It did if you worked a lot
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-04-04 14:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The set bonus for Sulevia +2 gives +5 Subtle Blow for each piece beyond the first, including the ring.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-04 14:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

A year after I started this game I was a level 61 THF.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-04-04 14:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It certainly did, back in the day where you'd lfp for days, then get an invite, only to watch half the party die on the way to camp. Things are so much nicer, easier and faster now.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2017-04-04 14:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I leveled dragoon to 75 in under two months casually playing. Guess fairy was just a better server.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-04-04 14:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

^These people are correct. It was a total investment of about 80 hours to 75 a job if you were proactive about making parties and did so well. Even if you had extremely poor luck or construction ability, and doubled that, you'd be getting 75 in 2-3 months playing 2h a day.

People in the old days didn't focus on the goals as much as the journey, they were running around doing random crap constantly. The amount of time spent doing random quests, helping strangers, farming gil, etc.. composed what made the trip to 75 seem so lengthy.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-04-04 15:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

After they lowered the amount of experience required to hit 75, it took about 800k experience points. At 80 hours, that means an average of 10k/hr. If you think 10k/hr is average numbers back in the day, then you're too young to be talking right now.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2017-04-04 15:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

After they lowered the amount of experience required to hit 75, it took about 800k experience points. At 80 hours, that means an average of 10k/hr. If you think 10k/hr is average numbers back in the day, then you're too young to be talking right now.

Does not still equate to more than a year before these changes no matter how much you move your goal posts. In fact, I didn't even realize people thought exping was slow till they changed that after I already had RDM at 75.

It's exactly how Comeatmebro said. These little adventures and side things people would do somehow get equated into the leveling process and then misinformation like this is spread.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-04-04 15:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

who was hitting 75 in 80 hrs? They must have had alot of spare time on their hands.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-04 15:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Average exp/hour for a good chaining party (chain 5+ every time) was around 4k/hour. That would be over 10 hours for each levels over 60, and then you had to tack on LFP time, and getting to camp, and how most parties only made it a couple hours or so each time...80 hours my ***, wtf.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-04-04 15:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

stuff

You don't get to claim that I'm moving the goal post after claiming that I said 'more than a year'
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2017-04-04 15:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
who was hitting 75 in 80 hrs? They must have had alot of spare time on their hands.

I'm not sure on the exact time needed, I just know it absolutely doesn't take someone a year. But I don't think he meant 80 hours of non stop play (well technically would still fall into that category if someone chose to). He just meant 80 hours total invested, which he surmised would take you 2-3 months given 2 hours of play a day.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-04-04 15:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Average exp/hour for a good chaining party (chain 5+ every time) was around 4k/hour. That would be over 10 hours for each levels over 60, and then you had to tack on LFP time, and getting to camp, and how most parties only made it a couple hours or so each time...80 hours my ***, wtf.

I'm trying and failing at digging up how much exp you needed to hit 75 back before it was reduced. Do you happen to remember? I think it was over 1.5m. I remember it was substantially reduced.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-04 15:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Does not still equate to more than a year before these changes no matter how much you move your goal posts. In fact, I didn't even realize people thought exping was slow till they changed that after I already had RDM at 75.

XP took a year because only 3~4 class's could get consistent party invites, everyone else spent 2~3 hours LFP to get a single party that lasted 1~2hrs. 5k/hr was "good" XP with "normal" XP being 3~4K an hour with groups doing a SC for BLM / RDM's to burst on. You couldn't solo XP because DC's and EP's gave ***XP and the difficulty of anything T or higher (Level Correction SUCKED back then) made you have to rest frequently killing your XP rate. What changed this was the release of ToAU which created many camps where XP was gained at a 25~40% higher rate then normal. Instead of SC + MB we would just spam our strongest WS and do long chains of VT, which was now possible with shorter respawns.

Then level sync was released and several SMN exploits were used to rapidly level people up. Multi-boxing and Power-Leveling started becoming more common which also increased leveling speed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-04-04 15:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You clearly came into the game later than you think or was a whm rdm brd.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-04 15:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying and failing at digging up how much exp you needed to hit 75 back before it was reduced. Do you happen to remember? I think it was over 1.5m. I remember it was substantially reduced.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=1267358141119398452

I am thinking that looks like original numbers.
By sudsi 2017-04-04 15:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

would take you 2-3 months given 2 hours of play a day.

A lot of jobs would be pretty lucky to get two parties per week at higher levels.

DRG, DRK, etc.

If you were a BRD, PLD, RDM, WHM, you had better luck.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2017-04-04 15:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Even best case scenario at 4k an hour you were looking at 200 hours. Which would be a little into 3 months to hit 75 looking at 2hrs of play a day. There is too many variables to take into account to add extra time. But even if we add on ALL the bull crap. It still isn't a year if you dedicated yourself to leveling. We are also basing this off his original statement of 2hours a day. If we go back to my original statement of people actually playing (which was obviously an intended comment at people not just running in circles all day, not people not literally playing) you cut down that time frame significantly.

The more we break down based off YOUR hourly rate. To reach 75 with 8 hours a day of actual exping would take under a month.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-04 15:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Even best case scenario at 4k an hour you were looking at 200 hours. Which would be a little into 3 months to hit 75 looking at 2hrs of play a day. There is too many variables to take into account to add extra time. But even if we add on ALL the bull crap. It still isn't a year if you dedicated yourself to leveling. We are also basing this off his original statement of 2hours a day. If we go back to my original statement of people actually playing (which was obviously an intended comment at people not just running in circles all day, not people not literally playing) you cut down that time frame significantly.

The more we break down based off YOUR hourly rate. To reach 75 with 8 hours a day of actual exping would take under a month.

If you ignore LFP time, if you ignore having to acquire gear. If you ignore having to farm to acquire that gear. If you ignore many, many aspects of the game, then yeah!
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2017-04-04 15:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »

You clearly came into the game later than you think or was a whm rdm brd.

Helps if you read responses

It was substantially reduced and I'm having a hard time finding it also.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2017-04-04 15:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If you ignore LFP time, if you ignore having to acquire gear. If you ignore having to farm to acquire that gear. If you ignore many, many aspects of the game, then yeah!

You are proving comeatmebro right with every response. You should probably be more specifically talking about maybe your first job you level. Or include that your time frame counts significant portions of your time outside of actually leveling.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-04-04 15:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=1267358141119398452

I am thinking that looks like original numbers.
There was a revision before that, in 2005. Ihina's vastly overinflating the difference in EXP prior to that time though.

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Experience_Points?oldid=17354

You needed about 925k EXP to reach 75, less than a mil total to cap your buffer.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-04 15:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You should probably be more specifically talking about maybe your first job you level.

I considered that implied.
By sudsi 2017-04-04 15:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Or include that your time frame counts significant portions of your time outside of actually leveling.

Or realize that "actually playing" encompasses more than just the time actually spent in a GOOD party, at a camp, actually killing.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-04-04 15:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You are proving comeatmebro right with every response. You should probably be more specifically talking about maybe your first job you level. Or include that your time frame counts significant portions of your time outside of actually leveling.

Again, you don't get to complain about assumptions when you're making assumptions yourself.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8