Random Politics & Religion #22

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #22
Random Politics & Religion #22
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 79 80 81

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-17 09:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump holds Easter egg roll. 3 Democrats feelings hurt !

Hot off the Huff Post press !
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-04-17 10:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
fonewear said: »
I'm in a 90s mood today reliving all the songs they used to play on MTV.
Back when they played songs.

Now they play Jersey Shore. Or whatever libs consider reality nowadays.
Waita fricking minute...

I think both libs and cons will agree MTV was better when they actually played music vids.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-04-17 10:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I took a 4 day break from reality and RP&R at a sci-fi con this weekend.

I see little has changed in either.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-04-17 11:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Four days? It'll take longer than that. We'll still be here in a decade making dumb jokes and personal attacks while arguing about President Kanye's foreign policy.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-17 12:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet it was like this:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-17 12:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Four days? It'll take longer than that. We'll still be here in a decade making dumb jokes and personal attacks while arguing about President Kanye's foreign policy.

I couldn't stand being at a sci fi convention for 40 seconds. I'd be like Star Trek sucks. Beam me up Scotty !
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-04-18 08:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting news coming out of the UK today.

Theresa May calls for 'Snap Election' in June.

• Theresa May says she will seek a General Election on 8 June.

• Two-thirds of MPs need to support PM's motion in vote tomorrow for snap election to take place.

• Prime Minister: "Division in Westminster will risk our ability to make a success of Brexit".

By Ruaumoko 2017-04-18 08:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What this 'Snap Election' means is that if the Conservatives win, which based on current polls (we know all about them from last year) looks extremely likely, they will then have a clear democratic mandate for the next parliamentary term. Theresa May was not actually elected, and this has been a stick the Labour Party have been beating her with. If she wins now Labour is absolutely finished, we're talking meteor-hitting-the-earth-extinction of the only opposition party.

I'm concerned because losing the only opposition in a democracy is dangerous. However, I'm also oddly optimistic. If/when Labour are wiped out then it will completely purge the Blairites from the party and then, perhaps, Labour can return to being a grass-roots working-class party rather than the quasi-corporatist party it became under Blair.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-18 08:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
If she wins now Labour is absolutely finished, we're talking meteor-hitting-the-earth-extinction of the only opposition party.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-18 08:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm concerned because losing the only opposition in a democracy is dangerous. However, I'm also oddly optimistic. If/when Labour are wiped out then it will completely purge the Blairites from the party and then, perhaps, Labour can return to being a grass-roots working-class party rather than the quasi-corporatist party it became under Blair.
While it would be horrible for them to go extinct, you got to admit, they did it to themselves.

Don't worry. From the ashes comes another opposition party. Just hope they don't go further left and go extinct quicker this time.
By Ruaumoko 2017-04-18 08:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If she wins now Labour is absolutely finished, we're talking meteor-hitting-the-earth-extinction of the only opposition party.
It's not a good thing. Democracies with only one party are not democracies, they are regimes.

Democracies need viable opposition to hold the governing party to account, as a check-and-balance against corruption which would otherwise have no deterrent.
By Ruaumoko 2017-04-18 08:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

While it would be horrible for them to go extinct, you got to admit, they did it to themselves.

Don't worry. From the ashes comes another opposition party. Just hope they don't go further left and go extinct quicker this time.
They did do it to themselves, it's all down to Blair. He was the beginning of the end for the current incarnation of the British left wing. Actually, calling Blair left wing is itself a lie.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-18 08:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think you are overreacting about this.

Sure, Labour itself will die (it's been going on for a while, just need to put a bullet in it's head and get it over with). That doesn't mean that the people who supported it will automatically become conservatives.

There will always be opposition in a democracy. Nothing in life is as sure as death, taxes, and hurt feelings political oppositions.
By fonewear 2017-04-18 08:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I was listening to the radio the other day and I could have sworn Candlejack was on there:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/14/prediction-professor-lays-out-8-different-reasons-trump-could-be-impeached/?utm_term=.fb0ac3992c70

This guy must be Candle Jack he claims Trump could be impeached any second now.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-18 08:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to predict the world could end from now till forever. Some day I too will be proved right !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-18 08:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-04-18 08:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Labour can return to being a grass-roots working-class party rather than the quasi-corporatist party it became under Blair.

Our democrats made the exact same blunder here... and I don't know about the UK... but in the US there is no working class for them to go back to... not after stabbing them in the nuts repeatedly, draining all their union pension funds into campaign coffers and ignoring their pleas for help for the last... /looks at the calendar
forty years....

I loved the look on the coal miner's face when Hillary Clinton told him she was going to retrain him....

and he was all

me no diggy diggy hole? /vote trump
[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-18 09:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary has a lot of experience with coal she gets it in her stocking every Christmas !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-18 09:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The Easter Bunny is a Russian spy:

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-04-18 09:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I was listening to the radio the other day and I could have sworn Candlejack was on there:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/14/prediction-professor-lays-out-8-different-reasons-trump-could-be-impeached/?utm_term=.fb0ac3992c70

I can name 8 different ways Richard Simmons can become the Emperor of Earth, but it doesn't mean any of them are likely.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-18 09:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

People were actually complain about Trump holding an Easter event. That is the scum that exists will criticize the President for doing anything.

I bet they said there wasn't enough "diversity" in the children that attended...

Like this scumbag here:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/17/daily-show-s-trevor-noah-mocks-trump-s-easter-egg-roll-disaster.html
[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-18 09:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

And people wonder why Comedy Central is ***. If they didn't have South Park on it wouldn't exist.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-04-18 09:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary has a lot of experience with coal she gets it in her stocking every Christmas !

you ever watch a baby boomer trying to learn how to use a cell phone?

something something you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

my uncle is on the front lines trying to train cable guys to lay fiber....and they're all... man I dig holes. Y'all just point where you want the hole dug and stand back some.... yes they sound like boomhauer

[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-18 09:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The crazy thing is when I go to my local dive bar. I find about 3 Boomhauers !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-18 09:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile the dumb *** in Berkley were protesting over tax returns that no one cares about:

What I wouldn't give to beat in the heads of a bunch of filthy hippies:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Berkeley-police-get-flak-for-hands-off-approach-11079307.php
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-18 09:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump holds Easter egg roll. 3 Democrats feelings hurt !

Hot off the Huff Post press !

Leaked information shows Trumps eggs were disproportionately light skinned further showing his divisive policies.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-18 09:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it offensive that the Easter Bunny is white and not a minority...I'm going to start a petition. Soon as I'm done with this beer...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-18 09:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it offensive that the Easter Bunny is white and not a minority...I'm going to start a petition. Soon as I'm done with this beer...
I'm offended that eggs aren't brown....

...then I remember that those aren't eggs, those are balls of ***.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-18 09:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I can name 8 different ways Richard Simmons can become the Emperor of Earth, but it doesn't mean any of them are likely.

Say what you will about Richard Simmons but umm...yea I don't know where I'm going with this..
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 79 80 81