users online
Forum » FFXI » General » March 2017 Version Update
March 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Draylo 2017-03-10 02:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
COR also has a lot more going for it than just support capabilities.

Lol, telling Ladyofhonor that COR is more than support is like telling Draylo that BLU can do more than CDC spam :p

Your post makes no sense
[+]
By Afania 2017-03-10 02:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Lol, telling Ladyofhonor that COR is more than support is like telling Draylo that BLU can do more than CDC spam :p

Your post makes no sense

Whoa, a wild draylo just appeared ><
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-03-10 02:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So like savage blade spam sometimes too? :p
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-10 02:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Wut?
Not getting the line about Draylo.

Since when is Draylo a bandwagon BLU who just spams CDC?
Au contraire: he's quite the skilled BLU
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-10 02:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Wut?
Not getting the line about Draylo.

Since when is Draylo a bandwagon BLU who just spams CDC?
Au contraire: he's quite the skilled BLU

That was her point. COR is one of my main jobs, I know what it can do.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-10 02:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Depends on what the group needs.
^ this.
BRD can DD too, granted it's nowhere close to COR but on some mobs with the right gear numbers can be nice.

BRD now has the best versatility of all support jobs, has some mildly useful debuffs and its buffs are quite potent.
But they're also quite plain.

COR has a plethora of unique buffs. COR can buff Pet jobs, can give all sort of strange/rare buffs etc.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-10 02:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That was her point. COR is one of my main jobs, I know what it can do.
Ah ok, I get it now °-°
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-10 02:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Depends on what the group needs.
^ this.
BRD can DD too, granted it's nowhere close to COR but on some mobs with the right gear numbers can be nice.

BRD now has the best versatility of all support jobs, has some mildly useful debuffs and its buffs are quite potent.
But they're also quite plain.

COR has a plethora of unique buffs. COR can buff Pet jobs, can give all sort of strange/rare buffs etc.

If we have a semi-decent WHM I have my BRD DD all the time. If I got a static WHM again I might get him to come /DNC so he can actually go at it. He's parsed as high as 11% on WoC (granted only 2 actual DD's and a crappy COR involved in the fight) but he did basically keep up with the average COR.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2017-03-10 02:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

COR does more than just buff with rolls? News to me :O
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2017-03-10 04:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I take it SE realised Kupo Shield was OP as *** and these crafting shields will eventually go to +3? I suppose Kupo Shield users still get the benefit of all their sub-crafts getting +3 skill.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-10 04:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I take it SE realised Kupo Shield was OP as *** and these crafting shields will eventually go to +3? I suppose Kupo Shield users still get the benefit of all their sub-crafts getting +3 skill.
They keep that and the additional bonus of not having to "work" to get shield + 3, I assume last step will be a lot of work.

Still I think there aren't many recipes which receives a tier +1 because of the +3 Kupo grants to subrcaft?
Last I checked there were only a few.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-03-10 04:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

+15 Acc for each set piece past the first, +2 is the same as +3 as far as I can tell. Tested up to 4/6 set.

If Roll+12 is possible, BRD's uses got far more niche.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-10 04:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how BRDs have to spend 600 mils for their upgrade, and CORs get it "free" from Omen.
GG SE, iLikeDat
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-10 04:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think Roll +12 is in the realm of possibilities. A +2 however is still very strong on certrain rolls:

+6% more ATK on Chaos Roll
8 more Store TP on SAM Roll

The current popularity of COR is mostly based on how strong SAM roll is and that GEO and BRD have no alternatives for it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-03-10 05:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I guess wearing two Phantom Roll+ rings doesn't work so we shouldn't really expect the neck to stack with them either.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2017-03-10 06:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So kind of a random thing... but apparently Nexus capes are broke. Several people, myself included, had them look like they go off, but then your character just reappears, and it drops your timer. Was just trying to go to North Gustaberg...
[+]
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2017-03-10 07:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said: »
So kind of a random thing... but apparently Nexus capes are broke. Several people, myself included, had them look like they go off, but then your character just reappears, and it drops your timer. Was just trying to go to North Gustaberg...

Been broken for a while.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-03-10 07:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they will give SCH something next time to buff up our buffs. It'd really be nice if Adloquium gave more than 10TP/tic.

And where the hell is the Accession + Haste they promised us a long time ago.
[+]
 Shiva.Funf
Server: Shiva
user: Funf
By Shiva.Funf 2017-03-10 07:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

lost my smithing shield trying to start new quest...
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-03-10 08:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said: »

If you use Nexus cape in town, it will do exactly what you said. You have to zone out of town into a field area for Nexus cape to work sadly.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-03-10 09:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
12 would be pretty high, but goddamn BRD is amazing now so I actually would believe the items to stack considering COR is still massively limited by only 2 rolls, it makes sense they'd be superior at those buffs since they only get 2 (which can be dispelled) and GEO can technically get 3 and BRD 5.

issue is 2h would now be able to get 3hit sets. This would be a massive dps boost and basically unbalance the game. Can you imagine most DD's could then ws-hit-ws-hit-etc.

This is all relative. We are not talking about your average run-of-the-mill corsair obtaining this necklace.

It comes from the new Omen, which, if I'm not mistaken, requires all 5 new KIs from the original bosses to access the boss. I'm not sure if it's listed, but this is probably required for all 6 party members (maybe) to be able to select Ou. If that's the case, then you're looking at a smaller population of people who will even be able to access it. Add to the fact that these Regal drops all come from Ou, and we don't know what his drop pool is going to look like (whether its 2 shared items, or one scale, or just straight armor/mat drops). It could be a piss-poor body drop rate for all we know, and 1% of the corsair population is ever going to get one.

Too many intangibles to consider. I do agree, the jump from 5->12 is enormous, but given the fact that Corsair can lose their rolls in more ways than one, are limited by 2, and are only ever supplemental buffers as opposed to independent ones, I would not be shocked if they stacked. It'd mean, in certain setups, you can completely ignore including a Geomancer, because SAM + Chaos effectively equal frailty/haste.

Either way, +2 phantom roll is still better than nothing, so you can't go broke taking a profit.
 Asura.Madotsukii
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2017-03-10 10:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Already saw there's no new Ambus set which doesn't surprise me, but is there a previous monthly set available with total hallmarks for this month? If it's Sulevia's that'd be pretty awesome since I'm planning to funnel all my gallantry towards Flamma now that it's on a redeemable token >>
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-03-10 10:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It comes from the new Omen, which, if I'm not mistaken, requires all 5 new KIs from the original bosses to access the boss. I'm not sure if it's listed, but this is probably required for all 6 party members (maybe) to be able to select Ou.

Just the party leader needs 5KI:

Quote:
* The instance owner must be in possession of five key items to test their mettle against this boss. The other players need not be in possession of these items, but any they have will be removed upon entry.

The 2nd part kind of sucks...
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2017-03-10 10:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Madotsukii said: »
Already saw there's no new Ambus set which doesn't surprise me, but is there a previous monthly set available with total hallmarks for this month? If it's Sulevia's that'd be pretty awesome since I'm planning to funnel all my gallantry towards Flamma now that it's on a redeemable token >>

Total hallmarks rewards tokens for the limbus/nyzul sets, so it should be pretty easy to get a full HQ set of one of those if you missed out.
[+]
 Asura.Madotsukii
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2017-03-10 10:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Total hallmarks rewards tokens for the limbus/nyzul sets, so it should be pretty easy to get a full HQ set of one of those if you missed out.
Holy guacamole! That's pretty generous of them, was not expecting that. This is great and will let me catch up with even more pieces than I was planning to prioritize.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-03-10 10:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It comes from the new Omen, which, if I'm not mistaken, requires all 5 new KIs from the original bosses to access the boss. I'm not sure if it's listed, but this is probably required for all 6 party members (maybe) to be able to select Ou.

Just the party leader needs 5KI:

Quote:
* The instance owner must be in possession of five key items to test their mettle against this boss. The other players need not be in possession of these items, but any they have will be removed upon entry.

The 2nd part kind of sucks...

Oh I missed this. Wow, that's extremely shitty.

That basically means that everyone in a static/group can only fight Ou once every 6 runs, and it's not spammable and repeatable back to back, unless you switch players and have a different person lead the run nightly.

That sure is one way to keep the drops exceedingly desirable and rare: Once every 6 fights, and super rare drop rate, divided by 6 lotters....
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-03-10 10:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Madotsukii said: »
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Holy guacamole! That's pretty generous of them, was not expecting that. This is great and will let me catch up with even more pieces than I was planning to prioritize.

Well, I guess I know what we're going to be doing for the month =p
 Bahamut.Gorion
Server: Bahamut
user: Gorion
By Bahamut.Gorion 2017-03-10 10:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
lost my smithing shield trying to start new quest...

I'd call a GM . Hopefully they can get it back for you
 Cerberus.Ownageblm
Server: Cerberus
user: Ownageblm
By Cerberus.Ownageblm 2017-03-10 10:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone else had an issue trying to hold 2 canteens for omen? The gobbie just says he is able to use magic on me 1 more time but says I already have a canteen. But my key item list only shows one in there.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-03-10 10:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently they forgot to add the majority of login campaign items to the website announcement. Notably. rems tales 1-5 for 750, 6-10 for 1000, and hexed/cursed bodies are in 1500 bracket.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Repeat_Login_Campaign#Current_Campaign_-_March_2017_-_Repeat_Login_Campaign_No._45
[+]