Forum » FFXI » General » March 2017 Version Update
March 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-10 00:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess it's time I start taking COR to Omen!

I wonder how much ACC we just got for AF sets. Though this makes me wonder if the Relic sets won't have the massive +ACC on them and that'll be specific to the AF set. Overall pretty awesome for me because I already have switched to using my AF+3 body/legs on fights I want some more MEVA/HP/etc. for.

Guessing this means you'll want to cycle through all 5 bosses to unlock going to the new boss, which kinda sucks as that's not exactly an easy switch to make. Hopefully just one person needs all KI's and then we can bring in 12-man or something for the main boss. Like Vagary.

New rings look interesting, going to need to figure out how to put sets together, but I think I'll be able to put together a decently high hp/acc/stp/dt set now.
[+]
By jopa 2017-03-10 00:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

VE Intense Ambuscade: Bozzetto Deathslinger (ahriman) with 2 shadows with relic weapons + armor.
VE Regular Ambuscade: Celebrant (pixie) that summons 1 porxie early on, then summoned 2 at once later on.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-03-10 00:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I am getting from 2 +3 on drk +15 acc
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-03-10 00:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Triffle said: »
Soooo... Nothing new from Spambuscade?
Not only that but no skirmish stones either.
By Triffle 2017-03-10 00:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »

Do you mean the campaign that starts Saturday?
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-03-10 00:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they said during the live stream that Ou would require everyone to have the KI's. I'd have to go back and check it since I wasn't watching it in real time though.
By clearlyamule 2017-03-10 00:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I was quoting someone talking about ambuscade so no I was referring to ambuscade
By Triffle 2017-03-10 00:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I was quoting someone talking about ambuscade so no I was referring to ambuscade

WTF do Skirmish stones have to do with Ambuscade then?
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-03-10 00:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's

2 pieces = 15 acc
3 pieces = 30 acc
4 pieces = 45 acc
5 pieces = 60 acc

(5/5 BRD +3)
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-10 00:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they rotate in Skirmish stones +2 as Ambuscade rewards every 2-3 months.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-03-10 00:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Quizzy said: »
It's pretty unlikely the corsair neck will stack with the ring since the two rings that currently exist don't stack with each other.

Except now SE is looking for ways to buff non-GEO support jobs.

They did buff them, they gave them +2 phantom roll

Willing to bet they do, because they are two different pieces in different slots. Rings didn't stack because they were essentially the same piece, just one was hq (even though they were two different pieces)

BRD has a +songs instrument that stacks with the new neck. I don't see any reason to conclude why this neck won't stack with the corsair ring.

They are clearly buffing the other support jobs and weakening Geomancer, or just not buffing it at all. Not allowing those rings to stack doesn't seem to fit their current narrative of improving other support jobs to the appropriate level.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-03-10 00:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So if anyone was hoping maybe was just a misprint nope pup set bonuses are master only assuming same is true for bst and drg
By clearlyamule 2017-03-10 01:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Quizzy said: »
It's pretty unlikely the corsair neck will stack with the ring since the two rings that currently exist don't stack with each other.

Except now SE is looking for ways to buff non-GEO support jobs.

They did buff them, they gave them +2 phantom roll

Willing to bet they do, because they are two different pieces in different slots. Rings didn't stack because they were essentially the same piece, just one was hq (even though they were two different pieces)

BRD has a +songs instrument that stacks with the new neck. I don't see any reason to conclude why this neck won't stack with the corsair ring.

They are clearly buffing the other support jobs and weakening Geomancer, or just not buffing it at all. Not allowing those rings to stack doesn't seem to fit their current narrative of improving other support jobs to the appropriate level.
10 internet bucks says you are wrong.

Ring argument doesn't really make sense. They would've had to program it so those specific items don't stack before there was any reason to do so

Song arugment doesn't work because that's how all + song items work while so far all +roll items don't stack.

+2 more roll is an improvement. If they were going to stack them they wouldn't have made it over double the current
By clearlyamule 2017-03-10 01:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Because they rotate in Skirmish stones +2 as Ambuscade rewards every 2-3 months.
Also to note in the beginning or whenever they first put them in they were in there every month for several months before they started doing this once in a blue moon thing
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-03-10 01:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Going from +5 to +12 would be a huge increase in roll potency. Other, equally shitty arguments aside, you're completely mental if you expect the two items to stack.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2017-03-10 01:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »
I think it's

2 pieces = 15 acc
3 pieces = 30 acc
4 pieces = 45 acc
5 pieces = 60 acc

(5/5 BRD +3)

Regal should make it 75 at 6/6 if I were a betting man.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2017-03-10 01:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So if anyone was hoping maybe was just a misprint nope pup set bonuses are master only assuming same is true for bst and drg

I think Regal is apart of the bonus and only SMN has a piece to themselves :/
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-03-10 01:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you may be right. But rather than debate, it'd probably be more sensible to just mathematically see if the numbers make sense to give corsair am unfair bonus compensated to the other buffers.

Here are the values for the rings.

Roll With +3 With +5 Note
Ninja Roll +6 +10 +2 per +1
Blitzers Roll -3% +5% -1 per +1
Hunters Roll +15 +25 +5 per +1
Gallant Roll +7% - +8% (Thinking 7) 11% - 12% (Thinking 12) +2.4% per +1
Chaos Roll +9% +15% +3% per +1
Evoker's Roll +3 Refresh +5 Refresh +1 per +1
Healer's Roll +3% +5% +1% per 1
Samurai Roll +12 stp +20 stp +4 * ring
Tactians Roll +6 +10 +2tp per +1
Corsair's Roll +6% EXP +10% EXP +2 per +1
Misers Roll +45 Save TP +75 Save TP +15 per +1
Casters Roll +9% Fast Cast +15% Fast Cast +3% per +1
Fighters Roll +3% Double Attack +5% Double Attack +1% per +1
Companions Roll +5HP + 15TP +10HP +25TP +1HP/Tick +5TP/Tick per +1
Allies Roll +3% Bonus +5% Bonus +1% Per +1
Beasts Roll +9% Pet Atk +15% Pet Atk +3% per +1
Wizards Roll +6 MAB +10 MAB +2MAB per +1
Drachen Roll +15 Pet Acc +25 Pet Acc +5 Acc per +1
Puppet Roll +9 MAB +15 MAB +3 Mab per 1
Monks Roll +12 Subtle Blow +20 Subtle Blow +4 per 1
Magus Roll +6 MDB +10 MDB +2 MDB per 1
Rogues Roll +3% Crit rate +5% Crit Rate +1% per +1

So we can either wit for someone to get the ring and confirm, or we can calculate it and determine if +12 phantom roll makes sense.

Edit: just went back and checked. 12 would be very high. Didn't calculate anything but just eyeballing, that would give samurai roll about 30 extra stp for the same roll.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-03-10 01:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

+12 would be WAY to powerful, we are talking an extra 35 stp, an extra 21% attack... for a normal chaos/sam roll
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-10 01:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

12 would be pretty high, but goddamn BRD is amazing now so I actually would believe the items to stack considering COR is still massively limited by only 2 rolls, it makes sense they'd be superior at those buffs since they only get 2 (which can be dispelled) and GEO can technically get 3 and BRD 5.
[+]
By kishr 2017-03-10 01:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

a full file check normal during update for maintenance?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-10 01:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So looks like all set bonuses are increases Accuracy, Ranged Accuracy, and Magic Accuracy... except smn does it for avatar... cause apparently smn is the only job that wants to boost its pet amirite?
Can we check the JP dats to see if the same apply in jp descriptions, or if something got missed in translation on pet jobs in the eng version?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-10 01:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Depends on what exactly it does, but if that's a straight +10 to spells like Refresh, Phalanx, Flurry (what does +10 even mean here?), etc then it could be interesting. Not game-changing, but still good. Worst case it just means RDM gets more potent Gain spells... hm, and I wonder what it'll do to Temper.
Couldn't that just be a mistranslation for Enhancing Magic duration?
Can anybody please check the JP description?
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-03-10 01:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

12 would be pretty high, but goddamn BRD is amazing now so I actually would believe the items to stack considering COR is still massively limited by only 2 rolls, it makes sense they'd be superior at those buffs since they only get 2 (which can be dispelled) and GEO can technically get 3 and BRD 5.

issue is 2h would now be able to get 3hit sets. This would be a massive dps boost and basically unbalance the game. Can you imagine most DD's could then ws-hit-ws-hit-etc.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-03-10 01:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Depends on what exactly it does, but if that's a straight +10 to spells like Refresh, Phalanx, Flurry (what does +10 even mean here?), etc then it could be interesting. Not game-changing, but still good. Worst case it just means RDM gets more potent Gain spells... hm, and I wonder what it'll do to Temper.
Couldn't that just be a mistranslation for Enhancing Magic duration?
Can anybody please check the JP description?
Tarowyn already said it's enfeebling effect on JP side.

COR also has a lot more going for it than just support capabilities.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-10 01:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Enfeebling Potency? So kinda like the bonus on AF3 Body?
By clearlyamule 2017-03-10 01:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
So looks like all set bonuses are increases Accuracy, Ranged Accuracy, and Magic Accuracy... except smn does it for avatar... cause apparently smn is the only job that wants to boost its pet amirite?
Can we check the JP dats to see if the same apply in jp descriptions, or if something got missed in translation on pet jobs in the eng version?
We could but I just confirmed that autos aren't getting any acc via checkparam so... yeah still macro peices
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-10 02:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah saw your post after I made mine, sorry :(
Pretty disappointing...
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-10 02:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on what the group needs. GEO and BRD can play full support rolls a lot better as they actually have access to mage gear. COR can DD, but now with BRD being awesome it makes things more difficult for COR. For example my first time doing melee Kei it was double GEO, so we got accuracy through precision/torpor, which made it easy for the COR to swap between Savage Blade and Last Stand. Then we switched to GEO+BRD backline, and the solo GEO was locked on vex/frailty, so the COR had to choose between madrigal and preludes, and it caused Last Stand to miss a bit.

COR is also behind other jobs (and falling more behind) in any melee zerg scenario as their +3 doesn't give melee accuracy and they're getting stuck sitting on Adhemar/herc while all other melee are upgrading to AF+3 with more acc/meva.

While this doesn't necessarily work for your top of the line COR's, it sure is relevant to a large number of people playing COR, and that's likely the group SE would be catering towards over the top 1% of COR.
By Afania 2017-03-10 02:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, telling Ladyofhonor that COR is more than support is like telling Draylo that BLU can do more than CDC spam :p
[+]