Random Politics & Religion #18

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #18
Random Politics & Religion #18
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 65 66 67
By fonewear 2017-01-21 20:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
I heard turnout was better than yesterday.

Eh that may be but what if anything did they accomplish in the long run ? Feeling good for a day or two.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-01-21 20:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Eh that may be but what if anything did they accomplish in the long run ? Feeling good for a day or two.
The feelz bro, the feelz
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-21 20:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Here we go

http://nypost.com/2016/04/02/nyu-students-who-back-trump-fear-for-their-safety-on-campus/

Quote:
Lying in class about their political beliefs and keeping online conversations strictly private are typical precautions taken by The Donald’s badly outnumbered followers on campus.

“Supporters generally try to keep it hidden from the rest of the student body,” said junior Dylan Perera, 22. “They’re afraid of losing friends, being ridiculed in class, getting worse grades and are even afraid of being assaulted and physically hurt.”

Quote:
“She freaked out and started yelling and screaming in my face, calling me a racist and a fascist. It was impossible to even have a conversation,” he said.

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/29174/

Quote:
Left-leaning students and professors alike are working to shut down pro-Trump events and messages they deem unacceptable through a combination of fear, threats, ridicule, police intimidation and physical and verbal attacks.

Claiming “hate speech” or “racism,” they use the system of victimization established on campuses to claim righteous indignation and quash free speech and freedom of expression — and all during the crucial months leading up to the presidential election.

Fear of political violence should not be part of the daily reality for conservative and Republican college students, especially with the November vote less than seven weeks away, yet it’s clear this atmosphere is manifesting itself on campuses with no signs of abatement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/09/20/at-the-countrys-most-elite-and-liberal-colleges-some-trump-supporters-stay-closeted/?utm_term=.00f92e48102e

Quote:
Some students said there’s so much hostility toward Trump on campus that it can be difficult to even mention the candidate. Alexander Spanopoulos, a Vanderbilt University senior, said his peers have accused him of being a bigot, a threat to freedom, a white supremacist, a member of Hitler Youth and an embarrassment to the academic community.

“The most interesting statements hurled against me have been that I should leave the country as soon as possible and that I am not on the list to survive the revolution,” said Spanopoulos, who was born in Greece and raised in Memphis. He sees such statements as an attack on the First Amendment. “Labeling differing opinions as hate speech is thinly-veiled censorship perpetrated by those who are unwilling to engage in difficult conversations,” he said. ” … Conservative beliefs are openly mocked by both students and faculty.”

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/12/09/more-students-speak-out-about-professors-anti-trump-rant-after-it-goes-viral/

Quote:
More students are speaking out about an Orange Coast College professor’s anti-Trump comments recorded in a human sexuality class without her permission.

Olga Perez Stable Cox called Trump’s election “an act of terrorism.”

She also criticized his cabinet picks, referring to adviser Steve Bannon as a white supremacist and saying Vice President-elect Mike Pence is the most anti-gay politician in the United Stated.

After the video of her rant viral, the school’s Young Republicans club filed a formal complaint and is seeking an apology.

Quote:
Neither student said they have serious political leanings.

“It was kind of just shocking,” said Tanner Webb.

“Students shouldn’t be shamed for their political beliefs,” said Noah Ferber, “or who they vote for.”

Both said they kept quiet for weeks to protect their grades. The two students said they also felt they needed to come forward when the student who shot the video was threatened with suspension or expulsion.

Quote:
He said the professor asked Trump supporters to stand up.

“She was saying dehumanizing things about Trump supporters,” Webb says, “and nobody felt like they could stand up. Me, in fear of my grade. And then she said, ‘I bet none of you will stand up because you’re embarrassed for yourselves. The rest of the class should look out for them and know who to protect themselves from.'”

BTW those teachers, absolutely nothing happened to them and they are still indoctrinating I mean "teaching" students.

That is the kind of negative, acidic environment the Democrats created everywhere they go. From the workplace to the classroom, liberal activists were seeking to punish and marginalize anyone supporting Trump. In contrast Trump supporters did absolutely nothing close to that. The most would be at rally's but those are politically charged events anyway. How many liberals attempted to crash a Trump political event? How many conservatives attempted to do the same to a Clinton event?

That ***'s would be funny if it wasn't so damn serious. People finding out someone's a Trump supporter and then calling their work and making up all sorts of allegations to get them fired. Or liberal managers firing people who said they voted for Trump. This last election was extremely acidic for anyone not a Hillary supporter.
By Viciouss 2017-01-21 20:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm sure all of Trump's "advisors" have banned him from twitter because you know he just wants to whine about it. I'm amazed he has gone a day without tweeting.
By fonewear 2017-01-21 20:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump isn't ideological that is the really funny part. He was a Democrat at one point yet they hate him like a lifelong Republican.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-21 20:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I find people on the left and right repulsive but I don't want to be a liberal cause I have enough self loathing...
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-21 21:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump isn't ideological that is the really funny part. He was a Democrat at one point yet they hate him like a lifelong Republican.

So true. He ran against her majesty, that's sufficient reason for them to hate him.

Trump isn't a politician, isn't liberal nor conservative. Politically he's a moderate centrist with strong opportunistic perceptions. Basically he did whatever was in his own best interest with absolutely zero loyalty to any political ideology.

That last part is his greatest crime to them, if he was a die hard conservative then they would feel better with their smug superiority but he's not and he beat their die hard liberal queen. They didn't get beat by a conservative in a hard election, they got beat by an independent moderate who first beat all the conservatives. That's infuriating beyond imagination to them. They lost horrible, they were completely 100% wrong, and there is absolutely nothing they can do about it. They don't want to accept it and so they are venting their anger and rage and looking like little children doing so.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-01-21 21:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, Saevel sporting that superiority complex again. More laughing.
By Viciouss 2017-01-21 21:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I think all those women today care more about the fact that a sexual predator is in the WH more than the fact that Clinton lost. Just a thought.
By fonewear 2017-01-21 21:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think all those women today care more about the fact that a sexual predator is in the WH more than the fact that Clinton lost. Just a thought.

Bill Clinton is still in office ?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-01-21 21:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sexual predators

Clinton's

Lulz
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-01-21 21:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Sexual predators
Lulz

Yeah, like I said, its a comedy show in the WH. Finally figured it out huh?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-01-21 21:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bill Clinton stuck a cigar in an interns vagina.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-01-21 21:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
That's an extreme example that doesn't actually occur in the later national numbers. There's nothing remarkable about the 2016 poll results, good or bad. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_polling_for_U.S._Presidential_elections (just shows Gallup but their number was close to the averaged one)

I think the errors associated with the electoral map predictions (which were obviously off in swing states that had extremely close races) get conflated with the national results and everyone throws their hands up and declares polling a failure.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-21 21:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Vic, you also forget to say "how adorable" with your snarky responses.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-01-21 22:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Vic, you also forget to say "how adorable" with your snarky responses.

Give it time, nausi will get there.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-01-21 22:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know Baghdad Bob had plastic surgery and changed his identity to Sean Spicer.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-01-21 23:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
He smashed that debate.

These are political debates not academic ones. The objective isn't to score points on some scoreboard or rationally convince voters to vote one way or another, humans don't work that way emotionally. In political debates you want to demonstrate independence, strength of character and project an identity that will emotionally attract people to you. Trump ignored the debate material entirely and focused exclusively on attracting disenfranchised voters by demonstrating he wasn't a "Republican Politician". He deliberately discarded the typical playbook of identity politics "see I'm like you so vote for me". His clinching line was when he publicly acknowledged that he previously bought Hillary Clinton's support and that she did what he wanted when he wanted it done. That single moment is what attracted the majority of his support base because no political or party drone would be that honest.
No, no he did not. He rambled and stammered and bulldozed his way through the time allotted, except within the first 20 minutes. He only half ignored the material because he had no answers setup for it, as he hadn't considered what was being asked of him.

He smashed the second one, and it was during the second one where he had that grand moment you're talking about.

It's not, that is exactly what happened. Rural voters don't usually vote and the disparity is so large that Hillary didn't even bother campaigning for them. They weren't on anyone's radar, nobody asked them, and the few who did ask didn't get a reply. Thus everyone's sudden "shock" moment. Rural America has suffered greatly from the economic downturn and all the recovery has gone into the cities which were effected the least. The voters living in those area's are angry that politicians, on both sides, refuse to acknowledge them or give assistance. All the liberal economic assistance plans were exclusive to Urban area's, all the Republicans rhetoric was also towards urban area's, because "that's where the voters are".
Rural voters generally vote the same way each election or not at all. I know, I am one. They were taken for granted or ungranted, given each state. What happened was that Trump's campaigned flipped the rural vote in places where people usually vote the other way or don't vote and let their state slide the other way. The media wanted us to believe that Hillary was going to steal states that were normally red, but the opposite happened. Donald took states that normally turn blue. His win was by no means a landslide. It was also lucky that those leaks happened that exposed the DNC, because it wasn't the fact that more rural people turned out to vote alone. It was also the fact that a lot of Leftist/Dem voters stayed home. Also new laws and provisions for voter identification went into effect in several swing states affecting a common leftist multi-vote tactic. Without that, the race would have been even closer, and perhaps, Hillary would have won.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-21 23:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
He smashed the second one, and it was during the second one where he had that grand moment you're talking about.

Nope that was the first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL3WKWMnytk

I know because I was back in the USA in August at my parents home watching it live. I saw that moment and commented to my parents about it. A week later I left to go back to South Korea where I watched the rest of the Republican primary. It was on Fox Network and was where they tried to get him to pledge not to run as independent and where he said he wouldn't make that promise. The Kelly at Fox News was one of the moderators and did her best to attack Trump and try to discredit him. This was when the Republican party wanted to prevent him from winning at all costs. One of the things they attacked him on was his previous support of Clinton and his answer was to describe that the system was broke because people buy politicians, and that he had bought Hillary before. They then asked him what he got out of it and he had to pause, probably to make sure he didn't testify against himself lol, but then he recovered and said "she came to my wedding".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_debates_and_forums,_2016#August_6.2C_2015_.E2.80.93_Cleveland.2C_Ohio

The second debate was hasted by CNN and didn't have Kelly or any of the fireworks that the first had.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-22 00:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bill Clinton stuck a cigar in an interns vagina.

Let's be honest he did that many times before...
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-01-22 00:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmm, my bad, I was on about the Presidential debates.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-01-22 04:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

he's a moderate centrist
This is completely false and it's absurd that people are lapping up your lies like usual.

Unless you mean how it really is without doing propaganda, but who the *** knows, probably not even himself.

The feelz bro, the feelz
And this is an astounding projection considering his entire campaign was based on feelings and 0 plans. I'm just sincerely shocked people do not even realize it. Like I said the other day I don't even care that you voted for him, but it's out of this world to defend him.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-22 06:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
he's a moderate centrist
This is completely false and it's absurd that people are lapping up your lies like usual.

Unless you mean how it really is without doing propaganda, but who the *** knows, probably not even himself.
Actually, compared to everyone else in American politics, he is more centrist than most of the other candidates.

Just because anyone who is right of you is considered extreme in your viewpoint doesn't mean that everyone else shares that same viewpoint.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-22 10:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
he's a moderate centrist

Actually, compared to everyone else in American politics, he is more centrist than most of the other candidates.

Just because anyone who is right of you is considered extreme in your viewpoint doesn't mean that everyone else shares that same viewpoint.

I would say most people in America fall somewhere in the center. The only reason you hear about far right and left is because their views are extreme. People in the center are boring. They don't get talked about.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-22 10:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

To be more accurate center left/right.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-01-22 11:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Conway coined a new one this morning:

"Alternative Facts"

Spicer gave alternative facts on the inauguration.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-01-22 11:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Chuck Todd, Conway Throw Down Over 'Alternative Facts'
'Alternative facts are not facts—they're falsehoods'

Quote:
(Newser) – If the first 48 hours of the Trump administration are anything to go by, it's going to be a testy four years between the White House and the Fourth Estate. Following Saturday night's press conference in which press secretary Sean Spicer lambasted media reports about the size of inauguration crowds, Kellyanne Conway took to Chuck Todd's Meet the Press, defending Spicer's comments. How the feisty interview went down, per Business Insider:

Conway: "I don't think ultimately presidents are judged by crowd sizes. They're judged by their accomplishments."
Todd: "You make a reasonable and rational case for why crowd sizes don't matter. You did not answer the question. Why put him out there for the very first time to utter a provable falsehood?"

Conway: "If we're going to keep referring to our press secretary in those types of terms, we're going to have to rethink our relationship here."
Todd: "You did not answer the question of why the president asked the White House press secretary to come out in front of the podium for the first time and utter a falsehood. Why did he do that? It undermines the credibility of the entire White House press office on day one."
Conway: "No it doesn't, do be so overly dramatic about it, Chuck. You're saying it's a falsehood, and Sean Spicer, our press secretary is giving alternative facts to that."
Todd: "Wait a minute, alternative facts? Alternative facts—four of the five facts he uttered are not true. Alternative facts are not facts—they're falsehoods."
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-22 12:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

My way or the highway, absolutely no room for compromise, must be exactly as I envision it, compromise means I let them keep their job after they submit to me, the end always justifies the means.

That's pretty much the progressive mentality we have now. They have become so damn militant over the past decade, almost as though they were being indoctrinated at some sort of central education facility. I judged Trumps politician position based purely on his actions, which is what people should be judged on. In the past he's supported various liberal cause's, when it's suited him, he's also supported various conservative ones too, again when it suited him. He has demonstrated no loyalty to any political ideology. By definition that makes him a centrist with opportunistic tendencies. He does whatever he believes to be in his best interest based on available information.

Hell the Republicans attacked him constantly about his lack of loyalty and frequent political switch's, he wasn't conservative enough and "flip flopped" too often. The liberals here also stated that he was a horrible scumbag because he flip flopped. Then they call him extreme conservative.....
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-22 12:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Chuck Todd, Conway Throw Down Over 'Alternative Facts'
'Alternative facts are not facts—they're falsehoods'

Quote:
(Newser) – If the first 48 hours of the Trump administration are anything to go by, it's going to be a testy four years between the White House and the Fourth Estate. Following Saturday night's press conference in which press secretary Sean Spicer lambasted media reports about the size of inauguration crowds, Kellyanne Conway took to Chuck Todd's Meet the Press, defending Spicer's comments. How the feisty interview went down, per Business Insider:

Conway: "I don't think ultimately presidents are judged by crowd sizes. They're judged by their accomplishments."
Todd: "You make a reasonable and rational case for why crowd sizes don't matter. You did not answer the question. Why put him out there for the very first time to utter a provable falsehood?"

Conway: "If we're going to keep referring to our press secretary in those types of terms, we're going to have to rethink our relationship here."
Todd: "You did not answer the question of why the president asked the White House press secretary to come out in front of the podium for the first time and utter a falsehood. Why did he do that? It undermines the credibility of the entire White House press office on day one."
Conway: "No it doesn't, do be so overly dramatic about it, Chuck. You're saying it's a falsehood, and Sean Spicer, our press secretary is giving alternative facts to that."
Todd: "Wait a minute, alternative facts? Alternative facts—four of the five facts he uttered are not true. Alternative facts are not facts—they're falsehoods."

Chuck Todd wouldn't know a fact if it hit him in the face !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-22 12:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You know you can't make a big deal out of everything Trump does or doesn't do. Some things aren't worth reporting.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 65 66 67