Forum » FFXI » Escha » Omen Findings
Omen Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 61 62 63
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-03-25 11:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

O.O i've seen about 2 box floors in nearly 100 runs...
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-03-25 14:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

1 in about 60 for me.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2017-03-25 22:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
I don't want to be that Ridill droprate guy but anyone noticed higher Box floor rates recently?

We had one week over a month ago that out of 5 runs we saw 5 box floors including 2 in one run. only seen one since...more than likely it is just dumb luck and nothing has changed.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-26 00:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

We had boxes on and off. Nothing really irregular.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-03-26 00:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Are Ou's drops affected by TH?
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2017-03-26 00:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-26 00:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
Are Ou's drops affected by TH?

At least one slot is. Whether quality of drops are effected I'm not sure. But some people get 3 drops, some get 4, so clearly TH has some sway.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-26 14:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the 4th slot droprate like for people?

So far we killed Ou 6x and always got 3 drops despite a THF.

Last even was a Gin Scale in the 3rd slot just to say f*ckyou.

3rd slot was:

NECK

RING

EARRING

NECK

RING

GINSCALE
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-03-26 14:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we're about 50-50 on the 4th drop slot. We don't bring a THF, but I think someone has been applying TH4.
By clearlyamule 2017-03-26 14:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried without th a few times to be sure?
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-03-26 14:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Our group goes without a thf and I don't think anyone is using th gear. So far we have seen:

Regal Belt
Moonlight Coral
Random Scale (forgot which)

Regal Belt
Moonlight Coral
Moonlight Coral
Regal Belt

Regal Gem
Moonbow Stone
Moonlight Coral

Regal Ring
Moonbow Steel
Moonlight Coral
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-26 15:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Earring

Neck

Ring

Neck

Neck
Neck
 Shiva.Cziella
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2017-03-26 18:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

super lucky, we take a mule THF, and we get scales + 2 mats... have only gotten like 3 accessories ever lol
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2017-03-27 05:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So check this out. We followed the instructions to get to Ou and cleared ALL The mobs on the first three floors. I happened to die just before we cleared the last mob on floor 3 but was raised. When I go to select the option to go up, it only gives me: escape and remain... I selected escape and happened to exit our group.

And yes, I had 5/5 KI's for other bosses. We couldn't figure out why the option to go to Ou didn't pop up after clearing the last objective of floor 3 (which was to kill all the mobs).

Any ideas?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-27 06:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Neboh said: »
So check this out. We followed the instructions to get to Ou and cleared ALL The mobs on the first three floors. I happened to die just before we cleared the last mob on floor 3 but was raised. When I go to select the option to go up, it only gives me: escape and remain... I selected escape and happened to exit our group.

And yes, I had 5/5 KI's for other bosses. We couldn't figure out why the option to go to Ou didn't pop up after clearing the last objective of floor 3 (which was to kill all the mobs).

Any ideas?

Were you, the one with 5 KI's, the one to enter the alliance and take the group up each floor?
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2017-03-27 06:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I was alliance head with 5 KI's. Come to think of it, I think one of the other guys did take us up after the clearing the second floor. I didn't think that would matter because it doesn't doing regular bosses. But if that was the case we couldn't see the Ou option (because someone else other than the alliance lead took us up), I'd be pissed...
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-27 06:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I was alliance head with 5 KI's. Come to think of it, I think one of the other guys did take us up after the clearing the second floor. I didn't think that would matter because it doesn't doing regular bosses. But if that was the case we couldn't see the Ou option (because someone else other than the alliance lead took us up), I'd be pissed...

My group always makes sure the alliance lead takes us up, it's not worth the risk and just takes seconds waiting for the lead to get there anyway.
By Boshi 2017-03-27 10:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill 1 - th4
Ring
Coral
Old mat

Kill 2 - th4
Earring
Coral
Old mat

Kill 3 - th11
pld/run hands
Coral
Old mat

Kill 4 - th10
Belt
Coral
Old mat

Kill 5 - th9
Earring
Coral
Old mat

Kill 6 - th10
Kyou scale
Coral
Old mat
4th slot: coral
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-27 10:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks very interesting. Seems like Hands in general are one of the rarer drops overall and 4drops is rares as it might seem.

As I said this, I will now patiently wait for that 1 guy that comes in here posting his group did 6 Ou and got 5x4 drops and 4 hands.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-30 20:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

My group always makes sure the alliance lead takes us up, it's not worth the risk and just takes seconds waiting for the lead to get there anyway.
I always take us up each floor no matter who enters and we've had the option for Ou each time.

Are chest floors after Ou possible?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-30 22:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Any ideas?

The person who entered you into the zone didn't have 5/5 KI or the menu glitched.

We've had many different people go to the glowy ball even with other mobs present on floors 1 and 2. Only need to kill all of the mobs on floor 4 and then anyone can bring you up to Ou, we just did that tonight.

On a side note
Regal Belt
Coral
Coral

Where our drops.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-03-31 14:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Twice this week I've been unable to go to Ou after clearing all of 1/2/3f. Observations(all log verified):

The first time I assumed it was because the person who brought the group in did not have KIs, someone else in party had KIs and even after passing them leader and having them check the light it would not allow me up. Neither the person who entered, nor the person who was trying to warp up died.

The second time, I am positive that the person who entered omen used all portals, had KIs, and never lost party leader. They did die. I cleared 21/21 objectives, if that matters to anyone. Checked entity table in local RAM to make sure that every single monster had been defeated, they had.

Have definitely warped up after deaths in the past, so a single death does not prevent you going to Ou. It could be that a death by the person holding the pop prevents it, but that seems like a stretch. More likely a coincidence or some other unobserved factor. Would be nice to figure out though, very irritating to lose runs.
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-03-31 15:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Went through the same mistake earlier this week. The first run was wasted because I forgot to pass lead to the person who had KIs to take us in. The 2nd run was wasted when we cleared floor 3 but the person who took us in (a mule) d/c and no one in our group noticed until we were about to enter up to Ou. I'm pretty sure it's not completing the floor/floor up objectives that give you the Ou option, but clearing every single mob on the 3rd floor, assuming the person with KIs doesn't d/c when you finish the last mob on this floor. On our last run, we had kill all transcended as our floor up objective, but didn't see the Ou message/option until we killed the last saltwater fairy.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-03-31 15:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Got burned by this as well. Brought a mule and figured as long as the mule checked the light at the end would be good to go. WRONG! Make sure whoever has 5/5 KI is the leader and enters.
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2017-03-31 16:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I can also confirm that dcing does not prevent Ou access. I came back before the last mob died, but missed out on most of 3 mob families in the time I was out of game. Was still able to go up fine. I did not get the message at the end, but still given the Ou option.

I've also died as ally leader and been able to zone up fine. Tbh, I've never not been able to zone up if the correct person entered and we deal with death, dc, and different people zoning up every day because we are bad at life.

To Llew: No chest floors so far for us. We assume it's not possible.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-31 16:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The person with the 5/5 KI needs to be the one who enters you into Omen (this should be kinda obvious) and they need to be present when the last monster on the 3rd floor is killed in order to trigger the event that opens the way. That last part should be obvious because people could then use the same 5/5 KI mule to enter and just DC them on the 3rd floor.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2017-03-31 20:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So eversince that first incident, we haven't had any problems accessing Ou. We just make sure of the following:

- Only the Party leader advances the party (5/5 KIs)
- All mobs are dead all on 3 floors regardless of floor req.
- Party leader is alive when last mob on 3rd floor dies

It may have been a glitched that last time I died when the last mob was killed because others confirm this doesn't matter. Our opinion of Ou is that he's easier than some of the other bosses like Fu. Our drops so far have included: R. Gem, R. Belt and corals.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-04-03 03:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I remember a similar discussion concerning Cards being or not being possible reward from chests on treasure floors, we just got one.
Situation was an "open 3 chests" obj, and we got a card exactely after the first chest was open, before we opened the 2nd and 3rd and hence completed the floor's objective.
I think this kinda confirms that cards are totally possible rewards from chests.

Also, the Omen objective tracking addon has been officially released like a couple of days ago, you can download it from the Windower4 client.
The addon was originally developed by Braden (who realistically did like 99% of the code lol) and I tweaked a few things here and there, fixing bugs and adding some settings to an external xml config file.

I've been using it with my static for the past months and it seems to be working fine aside from a couple of minor bugs.
I would apreciate any feedback and bugs found. Also if anybody more lua-literate than myself wants to contribute to the coding of the addon, you are of course WARMLY welcome :D
[+]
By Perdi 2017-04-03 07:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Has there ever been an instance where a treasure chest actually rewards nothing? Because from my experience you are guaranteed one "Reward" per chest, which includes gil. So it should be pretty noticeable when that drop is an Omen card.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-04-05 14:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Random Fact:

Multiple Criticals in one attack round only seem to count as 1 for the objective.
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 61 62 63