New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Escha » Omen Findings
Omen Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 61 62 63
By clearlyamule 2017-03-21 22:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if reported yet but looks like you can get a card from a chest. Yay for 3 with no gil in it.

Also in other good news the very next run gave a chest floor as well... that only gave gil
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-21 22:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure the card wasn't from opening the 3rd treasure portent and completing the objective of the floor?
By clearlyamule 2017-03-21 22:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems doubtful seeing as 1. Literally nothing else came out 2. I had gotten a card from finishing floor 4
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-21 22:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know if that SS was mistaking the objective completion card for a chest card (doesn't look like it since there's only 3 rewards shown and they were allowed 3 boxes), but I can confirm cards are a possible reward from chest floors.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-21 22:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Opening chests in itself is counting towards the objective counter. So it's not a Card being IN a chest but your ocunter ticking over from opening one.
By clearlyamule 2017-03-21 22:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well then I got a card from only 2 objectives/floor clears... and a box with literally nothing in it.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-21 22:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been my experience that clearing objectives and clearing floors are separate counters for acquiring cards.
By clearlyamule 2017-03-21 23:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
It's been my experience that clearing objectives and clearing floors are separate counters for acquiring cards.
I've not yet heard of this unless you mean actually killing all of the mobs on alt F4. Though in this case it's still 2... unless we saying the chest floor clear is counting as a time limit one and boss is counting as normal floor clear
By veddertehtaco 2017-03-22 14:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Little off topic, just started running omen bosses regularly and was curious what accuracy requirements are for each of them (if it's not the same), I was around 1300-1350 but we lack buffers currently (we killed Fu with I think 78% acc on blu blu drk). I'm sure it's somewhere in the posts but there's a lot of info to go through

Edit: we did have a rdm but not sure how strong the distract was
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-03-22 14:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

This is also my experience.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-03-22 15:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That matches up with mine as well.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-03-22 21:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you guys seeing that make you think objectives and alt-f3 clearing are separate counters?

Been doing a lot of solo card farming lately and the card flow rate seems to me to be more consistent with them being just points on the same counter.

I can't ever recall completing a sub objective, getting a card from that, and then killing a mob and getting a card from that right away.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-22 21:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
What are you guys seeing that make you think objectives and alt-f3 clearing are separate counters?

Been doing a lot of solo card farming lately and the card flow rate seems to me to be more consistent with them being just points on the same counter.

I can't ever recall completing a sub objective, getting a card from that, and then killing a mob and getting a card from that right away.

I'm pretty confident I have completed an objective like say 30k MB, gotten a card, and then finished killing all transcended and gotten another card.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-03-22 22:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Finishing all transcended is a main objective though, not a sub objective. My personal guess is that main objective on alt-f3 is actually worth more than an entire card point-wise, that's why it's not that uncommon to receive two cards from it and I've never seen it not give a card.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-22 22:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Finishing all transcended is a main objective though, not a sub objective. My personal guess is that main objective on alt-f3 is actually worth more than an entire card point-wise, that's why it's not that uncommon to receive two cards from it and I've never seen it not give a card.

Well, that is what I meant by "clearing floors". I've never received a card from just killing trash, only when I've triggered what unlocks the next floor. I only kill the rest of the floor because it might proc a chest floor.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-03-22 22:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure I've gotten cards by killing trash mobs
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-03-22 22:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that is what I meant by "clearing floors". I've never received a card from just killing trash, only when I've triggered what unlocks the next floor. I only kill the rest of the floor because it might proc a chest floor.

Do you only do boss runs? You only get card points from killing trash mobs on the alt-f3 floor.

Was the example you gave from a boss run or a card run? It'd make sense for a card run, but if it was a boss run the main objective doesn't always guarantee a card which would support the separate counter theory more.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-22 22:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you only do boss runs? You only get card points from killing trash mobs on the alt-f3 floor.

Was the example you gave from a boss run or a card run? It'd make sense for a card run, but if it was a boss run the main objective doesn't always guarantee a card which would support the separate counter theory more.

Only ever done boss runs. And yeah the main objective doesn't always give me a card, but I've gotten a card at the end of floor 4 from completing objective and then one from the boss itself, even though that's only 1-2 objectives completed to do so.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-03-22 22:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just for reference, this is the official response on how it works which seems to imply main and sub objectives are both just points but they don't explicitly state they share the same counter.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/51803-Omen-Tips-and-Tricks.?p=592378#post592378

Also, Ou is technically both a card and a boss run, it wasn't during one of those was it? That would make it easier, hehe.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-24 15:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

SE pls sthap giving us bodies from not Fu/Kei !
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-03-24 15:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »

Protip: Stop doing bosses that aren't Fu or Kei. ^.~
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-24 16:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Protip: Stop doing bosses that aren't Fu or Kei. ^.~

Ou demands sacrifice
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-03-24 16:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If it makes you feel any better I've been trying to get Ashera basically since omen came out minus about a 3 weeks worth of runs for other stuff but got Nisroch after like 10-15 kills I think
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-24 16:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Seems doubtful seeing as 1. Literally nothing else came out 2. I had gotten a card from finishing floor 4
That makes me wonder: what happens if a chest pops an item that everybody in pt already owns?
Would that become a zero drop (like you could have experienced) or would it get downgraded to gil?

If it's the first case, it could confirm the hypothesis others have made, of you getting card from Obj and not from chest.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-24 17:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If it makes you feel any better I've been trying to get Ashera basically since omen came out minus about a 3 weeks worth of runs for other stuff but got Nisroch after like 10-15 kills I think

If it makes you feel any worse, this is our 2nd body from Gin total. D:
By clearlyamule 2017-03-24 18:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
That makes me wonder: what happens if a chest pops an item that everybody in pt already owns?
Would that become a zero drop (like you could have experienced) or would it get downgraded to gil?

If it's the first case, it could confirm the hypothesis others have made, of you getting card from Obj and not from chest.
I guess that's possible... though shouldn't you get gil from it? I guess not enough data points yet but that's how other chests that have potential for items or gil work. Either way the only 2 objectives part while talked around hasn't been addressed
By clearlyamule 2017-03-24 18:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If it makes you feel any worse, this is our 2nd body from Gin total. D:
I hate you with the fire of a thousand suns.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-03-25 00:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to be that Ridill droprate guy but anyone noticed higher Box floor rates recently?

Like prior to a week ago I had only seen one. Got 2nd one last week. Got 2 a few days ago allowing me to do 4 runs in a row and tonight got another 2 allowing me to again do 4 runs in a row... Done like 8 runs already this week <.<. Or will have when my autos hurry up and finish this Gin... and of course I eat a zero hour while typing this lol
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-25 00:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope. A while ago we went about a week straight of getting box floors. Now we've been seeing them about once every 5 runs.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-25 05:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to be that Ridill droprate guy but anyone noticed higher Box floor rates recently?
Same experience here, but judging from Llew's post it's just a coincidence/bias?
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 61 62 63