New Upgraded AF Incoming: What Do You Expect?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New upgraded AF incoming: what do you expect?
New upgraded AF incoming: what do you expect?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-11-21 21:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sidiov said: »
AF+2/+3 will be you putting the relevant AF+1, RF+1, EF+1 in a synergy forge and getting a +2 or HQ +3 with stats combined

SE has already said that the items needed you +2 it will come from a new battle system, named Omen.

Quote:
New battle content: Omen
(1:06:28)
We’re currently progressing with development on new battle content geared towards parties. The difficulty will range from the regular monsters found in Reisenjima up to the very difficult version of Intense Ambuscade. The stage for the battles will be set in a secret area of Reisenjima. We’re currently creating new maps and are in our testing phases for the systems.

In a previous broadcast, we mentioned that we really didn’t want to create new content that focused only on defeating a boss, and so this content will revolve around exploring through this secret area while defeating monsters, and then ultimately arriving at a boss which you must defeat. Additionally, the regular monsters found in the area will also drop loot, so going into this area to focus only on defeating regular monsters is a possible. Likewise, just aiming for the boss is possible as well, and you will be free to choose based on your play style.

(1:13:24)
Along with Omen, we will be introducing materials that will allow you to reforge your Artifact armor to +2 and +3 versions. The items needed for the +2 version will be dropped from the regular monsters, and these can be obtained with just a few people or with trusts.

In addition to the materials for reforging, we’ll also be implementing accessories with very high stats, and we’ll talk about those soon.
By Boshi 2016-11-21 22:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Maybe the BLU legs will actually get decent nuking stats so they can be usable for BA spells.
I bet the blu feet will be good for physical spells with buffs. Maybe body will come back into use. Head can be a good modern nuking piece without that much being added.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-11-21 22:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just excited for more Monster Correlation gear.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-11-22 00:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Which AFs will you keep an eye on?

If they make NIN feet+2/+3 full time movement speed gear, that alone will be a win for me. Maybe +2 12% movement during dawn-dusk, and +3 18% dawn-dusk? Seems sorta plausible!

As for expectations generally, I would surely expect that they'll take the outdated attribute stats on most AF gear and bump up them to the levels of current "119" sets. There's a big difference in early 119 stuff and the more current gear in terms of attributes. This is similar to like what they did with the recent new PUP & SMN ammos replacing the outdated Divinator/Seraphicaller, to give pets "ilevel" stats that actually kept up more with what current 119 gear gives, as opposed to the initial stuff from AF119 and early high tier drops.

Beyond that, maybe some pieces get a buff in Acc/Atk/Macc/MAB type stats to make them on par with like, NQ abjuration gear, mid-range Reisenjima augmented stuff, etc. I also wouldn't be totally shocked to see some additional stats on pieces that were previously meh, something in line with Ambuscade+1 type stuff where you'll get an occasional piece that is solid gear or occasional BiS for a specific purpose.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-11-22 00:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just excited for BLM they dont forget HP/MP like Jhakri set.
Add HP/MP+100 +40 Int and Maccu/Mattack +40 on body can be perfect on +3 version. ;)
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-22 01:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
If they make NIN feet+2/+3 full time movement speed gear, that alone will be a win for me.
I don't see that happening honestly, but if it does it would totally be awesome!
Granted it would just be a QoL change and wouldn't really change anything in game.

Quote:
I would surely expect that they'll take the outdated attribute stats on most AF gear and bump up them to the levels of current "119" sets.
You mean stuff like MDB, Def, Meva, STR, DEX etc?
On average stats on AF are a few points lower than stats on Empy, which are more or less the same values we see on the "best" 119 gear.
I totally see this happening instead.

At the same time though I think they need to do something more.
I'm afraid if they were to do just that then AFs might not feel "interesting enough" for people who already own +1 version because let's face it, the base stats on the majority of 119 +1 AF pieces are pretty meh. There are a few notable exceptions of course, but majority of those pieces are either useless or simply macro pieces.
Instead they want to make so people will be very interested in these new items because, together with the new powerful accessories, this is the mean through which they're gonna make so every player will look forward to Omen.
If they fail at doing that, people might ignore Omen and they clearly don't want that, on the other hand they want to create something that will keep people busy for a long time.

At the same time they need to make sure they don't completely destroy Reisen gear and Ru'aun abj gear. I mean a few pieces will likely be outdated but all in all they need to make so those pieces remain relevant.

Soo... yeah, it's gonna be interesting to see what's gonna happen.
Maybe AF will suck (again: aside basically those pieces which are still somewhat good today) and the main interest-driving element in Omen will be the new accessories. We'll see!

Wonder when Omen is coming? December? Or the original April they initially talked about a few months ago when they mentioned "new content coming"?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-22 01:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thorva said: »
I don't expect much more than stat vomit. I don't see a way to make AF gear much more useful than the occasional macro gear as it is without reworking the jse perks and seriously over powering the gear.
Eh... yes.
Again: there are some AF pieces which are still nice today even aside from the plentiful macro pieces, but all in all AFs in general are pretty meh.

But who knows, like Capuchin said they could throw in an additional stat here and there and make a couple more AF pieces interesting.
They either *have* to do that if they want to make people seriously interested in Omen, otherwise their only other chance is to make those accessories so incredibly nice that people will still do Omen for those even if AFs are nothing special.
This isn't a completely unlikely scenario tbh.

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Regardless, i dare speculate that they will also be doing this with Relic and Empyrean armor as well.
No need to speculate, I think it's pretty obvious that's exactely their plan for the next year.
Slowly release reforged AF, reforged Relic, reforged Empy to keep players busy for a long time, sort of like they did with Ambuscade but hopefully with a larger scale and more interesting content.
In the beginning Omen and Ambuscade will coexist, but eventually Ambuscade is gonna... die?
I dunno what's gonna happen to Ambuscade after April once they finish the sets.
Will they start rotating old sets and old fights, so they can focus their development power on Omen and its children events?
By Gruknor 2016-11-22 01:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If they make NIN feet+2/+3 full time movement speed gear, that alone will be a win for me.
I don't see that happening honestly, but if it does it would totally be awesome!
Granted it would just be a QoL change and wouldn't really change anything in game.

Quote:
I would surely expect that they'll take the outdated attribute stats on most AF gear and bump up them to the levels of current "119" sets.
On average stats on AF are a few points lower than stats on Empy, which are more or less the same values we see on the "best" 119 gear.
I totally see this happening instead.

I'm afraid if they were to do just that then AFs might not feel "interesting enough" for people who already own +1 version because let's face it, the base stats on the majority of 119 +1 AF pieces are pretty meh. There are a few notable exceptions of course, but majority of those pieces are either useless or simply macro pieces.
Instead they want to make so people will be very interested in these new items because, together with the new powerful accessories, this is the mean through which they're gonna make so every player will look forward to Omen.
If they fail at doing that, people might ignore Omen and they clearly don't want that, on the other hand they want to create something that will keep people busy for a long time.

At the same time they need to make sure they don't completely destroy Reisen gear and Ru'aun abj gear. I mean a few pieces will likely be outdated but all in all they need to make so those pieces remain relevant.

Soo... yeah, it's gonna be interesting to see what's gonna happen.
Maybe AF will suck (again: aside basically those pieces which are still somewhat good today) and the main interest-driving element in Omen will be the new accessories. We'll see!

Wonder when Omen is coming? December? Or the original April they initially talked about a few months ago when they mentioned "new content coming"?

I might have misread the posts, but I thought Omen was still in the testing phase to make sure there are no game breaking bugs.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-22 01:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Their original plans (when we still didn't know Omen was coming) was for "new content" to be released in April after Ambuscade had completed to provide new sets.
Then out of the blue they announced they were working on some new content to release in December.

What does this make Omen? Will Omen be the "new thing" they plan to release on december? Or the big thing they were planning for April?
Are they the same thing and they simply anticipated its release, or are they two separate things?
Nobody knows of course but I expect Omen to be something "big" in the sense that's something that's gonna stay for a long time. I.e. their plan to keep players busy for all of 2017 and maybe beyond.
[+]
By Gruknor 2016-11-22 01:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Their original plans (when we still didn't know Omen was coming) was for "new content" to be released in April after Ambuscade had completed to provide new sets.
Then out of the blue they announced they were working on some new content to release in December.

What does this make Omen? Will Omen be the "new thing" they plan to release on december? Or the big thing they were planning for April?
Are they the same thing and they simply anticipated its release, or are they two separate things?
Nobody knows of course but I expect Omen to be something "big" in the sense that's something that's gonna stay for a long time. I.e. their plan to keep players busy for all of 2017 and maybe beyond.

Thanks for answering my question so quickly. I appreciate your speculations, but I am not going to keep my hopes up. Take the new dragon ball series, it started off worse than DB GT, but now it is on par for being talked about like DBZ.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-11-22 02:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I expect there to be updated Relic and Empyrean as well as those all ended at +1

Those lines will extended JA buffs for empyrean and enhance relic buffs for relic.

Upgraded AF would be, I assume, extending whatever buffs we already have on our AF +1; Remember, these are +2 pieces, not an entirely new ilvl or item.

I wouldn't expect too much, probably 1 really good piece per job with a few other situational/swap pieces would be the best case

My personal hope is for SMN to get a Refresh +3 head piece, and the AF body will likely get something like +13 or 14 BP damage, which would be pretty awesome for 'free' gear.

They've been pushing the relic/mythic/empy upgrade route hard these past six months. Do you think something is coming down the pipe? Maybe new weapon tier?

How likely are we to see an expansion type content update (paid perhaps) once they announce their roadmap for when April 2017 comes around?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-22 02:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Upgraded AF would be, I assume, extending whatever buffs we already have on our AF +1; Remember, these are +2 pieces, not an entirely new ilvl or item.
As it has already been mentioned there's space to buff the base stats (defense, meva, eva etc) a few points up without completely breaking 119 gear balance. AF is a few steps behind other current options.

Quote:
Do you think something is coming down the pipe? Maybe new weapon tier?
I don't see that coming for at least much more time, if ever.
But that's just me.

Quote:
How likely are we to see an expansion type content update (paid perhaps) once they announce their roadmap for when April 2017 comes around?
I think a new expansion is unlikely but not completely impossible.
I mean nobody believed Adoulin would've ever come, yet it did. At this point I don't think we can rule out another expansion, but at the same time I don't think it's likely alas.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-11-22 02:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

An aside -To make ambuscade co-exist with Omen, they could make the upgrade items be based on the abjahls stuff from ambush. With omen providing the other half of the upgrade or the raw currency ie: like the current system where Rem. Chapters are paired with something else from another event.

It would also be nice if we can get updated accessories obtained during the abyssea days from Omen.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-22 02:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade would still remain relevant for several months even after they're done with new sets.
Because:

1) People would still have to catch-up and farm tickets for sets they missed
2) People might still need a couple new capes or capped 4th augment slot on some of their current capes
3) Ambuscade is currently a really good source of money and stuff to put on the market

It would eventually die out of course, but even as it is like now and cycling old fights they already created (so they don't have to waste more resources on developing new ones) I'm sure Ambuscade would remain relevant for a certain amount of months even after april.
Upgrading the item list with Omen stuff would make things even better in that regard, I'm sure.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-11-22 03:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Hopefully a good reso set for DRK

Yeah with lots of INT and MND and ... yeah.
STR, attack, acc and DA
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-11-22 03:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the base STR/DEX/AGI/etc. attributes is especially what I was thinking. Along with adjusted more current i119 values for stuff like Meva, MDB, etc.

FWIW, this is exactly what they did with the recently released Animator P, increasing the stats versus the also "ilevel 119" Divinator. The thinking behind that was apparently that as players have received better and better 119 gear, puppets didn't get similar stat growth from newer/better gear.

To get back to player gear, let's take the example of the Attributes on SAM reforge 119 AF/Relic/Empy bodies, compared to the bodies on the two SAM Ambuscade sets (I wanted to pull an example of a job where there are two Ambuscade sets out now). You can see that the 119 reforge bodies are more comparable in these base stats to the NQ Ambuscade gear. A bump up to the level of the Ambuscade HQ/+1 sets would seem to be a pretty reasonable expectation. Heck, maybe the Reforge AF+2 bumps these pieces up to Ambuscade+1 level, and Reforge AF+3 exceeds it.

Wakido Domaru +1: STR+31 DEX+21 VIT+31 AGI+21 INT+21 MND+21 CHR+21
Sakonji Domaru +1: STR+32 DEX+27 VIT+26 AGI+21 INT+21 MND+21 CHR+21
Kasuga Domaru +1: STR+28 DEX+24 VIT+28 AGI+19 INT+19 MND+19 CHR+19

Hizamaru NQ: STR+32 DEX+28 VIT+26 AGI+20 INT+20 MND+17 CHR+20
Hizamaru HQ: STR+37 DEX+33 VIT+31 AGI+25 INT+20 MND+17 CHR+25

Flamma NQ: STR+32 DEX+28 VIT+32 AGI+20 INT+20 MND+20 CHR+20
Flamma HQ: STR+39 DEX+35 VIT+32 AGI+20 INT+20 MND+20 CHR+20

Quote:

Yeah, I agree. I certainly expect it, but I don't think that alone is enough to make things interesting. I sure hope we'll get some appealing additional buffs/stats, especially on the pieces that aren't already at least serving some use as macro gear.

Guess we'll see! At any rate, my illogical obsession was completing full 119 reforge AF/Relic/Empy armor for all of my jobs. I just like the completionism aspect of it, even though I've never even used some of the pieces. Perhaps it'll pay off for me now! Probably not!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-22 05:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

STR, attack, acc and DA

Take a good look over DRK's JSE, it's a mix match of stats because SE still somehow things DRK's should be nuking. If you need a good Resolution set then get NQ Argosy, it's quite cheap as the whole set is under one mil. And honestly Flamma +1 might be better for the feet, no attack but more DA / Accuracy / Store TP. After that each slot is a comparison with Valorous being competitive with the right augments.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-22 06:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

To get back to player gear, let's take the example of the Attributes on SAM reforge 119 AF/Relic/Empy bodies, compared to the bodies on the two SAM Ambuscade sets (I wanted to pull an example of a job where there are two Ambuscade sets out now). You can see that the 119 reforge bodies are more comparable in these base stats to the NQ Ambuscade gear. A bump up to the level of the Ambuscade HQ/+1 sets would seem to be a pretty reasonable expectation. Heck, maybe the Reforge AF+2 bumps these pieces up to Ambuscade+1 level, and Reforge AF+3 exceeds it.

Be very careful when comparing any item to the Ambuscade sets. Each of those sets was designed with boosted stats at the expensive of other stats being very low for it's iLevel. It's gear for new / returning players that they can use to participate in lower content without being a complete gimp. There is a reason high end players don't use the entire set, unless it's for defensive purposes.
By Darksparksnot 2016-11-22 06:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaekona's coat.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-22 06:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Each of those sets was designed with boosted stats at the expensive of other stats being very low for it's iLevel.
This is true. But at the same time they had to do that (compensation) because the set is easily accessible to your average joe people.
If reforged AFs will be harder to farm (requiring gil, prerequisites, farming, stuff etc) I think it's not out of the scenario they won't feel the need for any compensation with that.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-11-22 10:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

STR, attack, acc and DA

Take a good look over DRK's JSE, it's a mix match of stats because SE still somehow things DRK's should be nuking. If you need a good Resolution set then get NQ Argosy, it's quite cheap as the whole set is under one mil. And honestly Flamma +1 might be better for the feet, no attack but more DA / Accuracy / Store TP. After that each slot is a comparison with Valorous being competitive with the right augments.
Nuke set for DRk then
On a more serious note, I presumed all 3 AF sets are getting upgraded by two tiers, so it didn't seem so far-fetched for every set to have one decent reso piece. A happy medium between both ambu sets
By Calinari 2016-11-22 10:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to be on record saying orange/gold boxes for +3 are super ugly. They always have been, but they're rare enough to never see.

And I hope they go the route of renaming and white boxing.(again)

(there's still time to change it, they're only "idea" pictures)
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-11-22 11:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm reserving judgment on all this. I'm HOPING it's good, but if it's anything like the MNK "buff" SE tried to implement, it's destined to be in a range between subpar and epic failure.
By Chyretta 2016-11-22 12:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing like coming here on ffXI ah to get a buzz kill you people are so dam negative!!!
[+]
By billnes 2016-11-22 13:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Unnamed coat or jacket (Rare/ Ex. Let SE pick something random out of a French dictionary.)
[Body] All Races (No Su Required)
Defense: 225 HP +175 MP +175 STR +40 DEX +40
VIT+ 40 AGI +40 INT +40 MND +40 CHR +40
Resistance to fire +12 Resistance to ice +12 Resistance to wind +12 Resistance to Earth +12 Resistance to Lightning +12 Resistance to water +12 Resistance to light +12 Resistance to dark +12
Evasion +45 Magic Evasion +105 Enmity -25
Elemental Magic Skill +25%
Dark Magic Skill +25%
Magic Accuracy +40
“Magic Atk. Bonus” +25
“Magic Def. Bonus” +12 Haste +12
Magic Damage +125
Magic burst damage +15
Magic burst damage bonus +15
Magic burst enmity decrease +15
Staff skill + 215
Parrying skill +215
Magic Accuracy skill +220
Latent Effect: 100% iron-clad guarantee of complete immunity to Sleep, Charm, Silence and Petrification
Level 75 All Jobs

How to acquire: SE would give it to you via the M.H.M.U. You keep it or toss it. If you toss it and later decided you want it back, your screwed.

Sage Sundi would prohibit the development team from locking out other equipment. All other armor will be available while this coat/jacket is in use.
 Bismarck.Cloudxi
By Bismarck.Cloudxi 2016-11-24 06:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Regardless, i dare speculate that they will also be doing this with Relic and Empyrean armor as well.
oh totally, they can't start something like this without continuing with other sets
By billnes 2016-11-28 18:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So +2 and +3 upgrades are coming, what do you expect?

Expect nothing. That is how you avoid disappointment.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2016-11-28 18:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey maybe they will finally give DNC some sorely needed magic defense.
[+]
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-11-28 20:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I will assume mediocrity, hope for the best.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2016-11-28 22:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be extremely difficult for SE to screw up improving thf af enough to not be an improvement and THF body would take a monumental *** to not become bis barring an amazing DM aug.