September 2016 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-09-06 16:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else watch the YouTube vids of how bad the devs fail on ambuscade? Lmao.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-09-06 17:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Prerequisites to flag the AAGK quest/RoE from talking to Jamal seem to be:

1) Complete all of the 3 nations' starting trust quests and get the following trusts:

Bastok: Naji, Ayame, Volker, Iron Eater
Sandy: Excenmille, Curilla, Trion
Windurst: Kupipi, Nanaa Mihgo, Ajido-Marujido, Shantotto

2) Talk to Jamal to get the "Bundle of Half-inscribed Scrolls" KI. That allows you to get some WotG trusts, some of which do have mission progress prerequisites.
* Rainemard - talk to Shanene at Batallia Downs (S) (J-7)
* Excenmille (S) - talk to Rholont at Southern San d'Oria (S) (E-7) after completing the quest Face of the Future.
* Klara - talk to Gentle Tiger (S) at Bastok Markets (S) (H-6) after completing the quest Bonds of Mythril.
* Romaa Mihgo - talk to Romaa Mihgo (S) at Windurst Waters (S) (G-11) (North) after completing the quest At Journey's End.

3) I think you need all 4 of the WotG trusts above [EDIT: Maybe not all 4, but at least some of them... checking further now], then talk to Jamal again. I had them on main, got the AAGK quest immediately. On my mule, I was able to flag the WotG trusts from the first Jamal conversation but he won't give me the AAGK dialogue yet, even after zoning. Guess I need to go get the trusts first.
I am kinda surprised it doesn't demand RoV progress.... As there was that bit where it was strongly hinted at for having control of the AAs (eg Trusts).
You do have to have some RoV progress to trade in the Cipher itself.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-09-06 17:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »

I've been wondering lately if it's on purpose.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-06 17:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Frankbrodie said: »
Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »
So.. Before I go waste my Moon Bauble and it isn't that, Fenrir mount is available as a reward from the whisper from the Fenrir fight yes?

And to save me wondering also, the cipher of the AA GK Trust is given as a battle spoil from the high tier AA fight with the GK?
I'm seeing a screenshot up here that seems to confirm that.

So glad I had a bauble + the KI for the fight already on me. Saved me a bit of work ^^

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49486/september-2016-version-update/2/

(4 page topic seem too hard to read ><)

You posted a link to the actual topic we're posting in. AND failed to answer either of my questions.

Glad you're not in my linkshell mate.

The answer to your question is in the link he provided.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2016-09-06 17:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
So.. Before I go waste my Moon Bauble and it isn't that, Fenrir mount is available as a reward from the whisper from the Fenrir fight yes?

And to save me wondering also, the cipher of the AA GK Trust is given as a battle spoil from the high tier AA fight with the GK?

So glad I had a bauble + the KI for the fight already on me. Saved me a bit of work ^^

You posted a link to the actual topic we're posting in. AND failed to answer either of my questions.

Doesn't alter the fact that he answered neither of my questions and just basically gave a "Go Google it.. hurhurhur" answer.

I was just asking for quick confirmation from someone who had experienced either of the scenarios. Not some smarty pants "HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO READ A POST!! hurhur.." reply.

This is the sort of person who gets a lot of laughs in life when they say stuff. Not realising people are laughing at them, not with them.
The '*** friend' from Hottub Time Machine if you will.

"Go Google it dweeb.." *gets loads of lol's in the shell*

"Hey! they're laughing cuz I told that guy where it was at man.."

Think again dude.
By eliroo 2016-09-06 17:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »

Doesn't alter the fact that he answered neither of my questions and just basically gave a "Go Google it.. hurhurhur" answer.

I was just asking for quick confirmation from someone who had experienced either of the scenarios. Not some smarty pants "HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO READ A POST!! hurhur.." reply.

This is the sort of person who gets a lot of laughs in life when they say stuff. Not realising people are laughing at them, not with them.
The '*** friend' from Hottub Time Machine if you will.

"Go Google it dweeb.." *gets loads of lol's in the shell*

"Hey! they're laughing cuz I told that guy where it was at man.."

Think again dude.

You are the worst type of player. I think they were just suggesting that you read before asking an already answered question that was answered a few pages back. It isn't that hard to search through three pages.

On top of that you spoke about wasting a moon bauble, which didn't make any sense.

Like I get asking if this was like 10-15 pages, but 4 pages? Took me 5 seconds to figure it out.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2016-09-06 21:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that we have info about how many times we have interacted with our Mog Garden, is there a place we are compiling info? I didn't see one during a quick search.

I went from rank 5 garden furrows to rank 6 by going from 255 interactions to 258.
 Leviathan.Thoma
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Thoma 2016-09-06 22:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a bit of an odd request, while this thread is still active. I'm looking to experiment with animation .dat swapping. I already replaced the mount music in Sound > Win > music > data > 084.bgw
I'm looking to utilize the ROM > 90 > 14.DAT and 18.DAT chocobo animations for Hume M and try to swap them with the current Mount .dat animations. I've run searches for files modified on 4/5/2016 to try and track down that animation but it's a bit of a mess. Some folders are easy to rule out since they received fewer than 5 files. Others like ROM > 260 have 35. 338 and 351 may also be good candidates. Anyone have a good method for extracting animations?
The Altana Viewer list files are a bit finicky. I've had bad experiences with them failing to load after making modifications and Model viewer's lists that I have don't seem to have the chocobo/fishing animations listed at all.
Any information would be appreciated. :)
By Afania 2016-09-06 23:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Conini said: »
Next avatar mount should be Garuda.

Rides Garuda on a Galka hur hur.
 Leviathan.Loona
Server: Leviathan
user: Loona
By Leviathan.Loona 2016-09-07 05:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

When flagging the AAGK quest on Jamal he mentions something about a woman doing something similar... setting up a future quest for when the whole set of AAs is obtained? Maybe they'll maybe Shantotto II fightable or something?...
By Aralays 2016-09-07 06:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a comment about the cutscene from getting the Shantotto I-trust in which she mentions something about her version of trust magic not being based on the player having good feelings about her, but being terrified by her. Jamal combined that with normal trust magic to make the Arkangel-trusts accessible literally by "embrace the dark side of your soul with friendshipness".
[+]
 Asura.Niamor
Server: Asura
user: Niamor
By Asura.Niamor 2016-09-07 06:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, think I figured it out.

My mule had all trusts EXCEPT for the 4 WotG ones flagged after the Jamal quest. Was not able to flag AAGK dialogue/RoE.

She just went and picked up Rainemard trust cipher (which doesn't need mission progress) and turned it in, now got AAGK. Still doesn't have Klara, Romaa Mihgo, or Excenmille (S) trusts.

So, it's either Rainemard or collecting at least one of the Jamal-flagged trusts that is the prerequisite.

There must be more than that, I have the KI, I have Rainemard and yet Jamal does not flag the RoE quest for me.
I didn't do much in WoTG yet, only up to "In the Name of the Father" I wonder if that's why.
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2016-09-07 07:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Niamor said: »

My mule had all trusts EXCEPT for the 4 WotG ones flagged after the Jamal quest. Was not able to flag AAGK dialogue/RoE.

She just went and picked up Rainemard trust cipher (which doesn't need mission progress) and turned it in, now got AAGK. Still doesn't have Klara, Romaa Mihgo, or Excenmille (S) trusts.

So, it's either Rainemard or collecting at least one of the Jamal-flagged trusts that is the prerequisite.

There must be more than that, I have the KI, I have Rainemard and yet Jamal does not flag the RoE quest for me.
I didn't do much in WoTG yet, only up to "In the Name of the Father" I wonder if that's why.

Just curious, have you beaten the galka ark angel merit battle?

I picked up rainemarde and flagged the quest immediately after.
 Asura.Niamor
By Asura.Niamor 2016-09-07 07:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't do the merit version yet no, I'll try that I didn't think of it.
By DanielH 2016-09-07 08:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leoheika said: »

I hadn't, but was able to get the quest. The first time beating him was when I got the Trust.
By missdivine 2016-09-07 09:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people on the official forums states that the new trust is not good. So i wouldn't bother doing all those quests to get it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-09-07 09:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's just the completionist in me that wants to get him.
I wasn't expecting anything but suckage for a DD trust. *shrug*
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-09-07 10:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

im quite busy most of the days recently. Tho i did have time to try a couple ambu fights last night against the gnole. While simple, i didnt see it being a fail. Explain please.
By Sabishii 2016-09-07 12:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

im quite busy most of the days recently. Tho i did have time to try a couple ambu fights last night against the gnole. While simple, i didnt see it being a fail. Explain please.

I think he's saying there was a video somewhere (on youtube) where the devs were actually PLAYING the encounters, and they sucked at it.
 Siren.Blackroses
Server: Siren
By Siren.Blackroses 2016-09-07 14:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So about WoE, anyone can confirm drop adjustmensts?
By eliroo 2016-09-07 14:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Blackroses said: »
So about WoE, anyone can confirm drop adjustmensts?

Reddit/BG forums is claiming that the new crafting kits drop and people are getting pouches/sack for every surged walk.
[+]
 Asura.Niamor
By Asura.Niamor 2016-09-07 15:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leoheika said: »

Tried talking to Jamal after beating Ark Angel Galka merit battle but still not flagging the RoE quest...
By superzombie23 2016-09-08 00:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried talking to Jamal after beating Ark Angel Galka merit battle but still not flagging the RoE quest...
Here is the only way it worked for both of my characters. You must get Bundle of half-inscribed scrolls first. That means all the prereq trusts from the 3 nations must be in your trust list. Then, you get the quest from Jamal to obtain the trusts from the past. Now, I first got Trust Excenmile [S] and that still did not activate the AA Galka quest. Right after I got Rainemard, I was able to get the AA Galka quest triggered from Jamal. Maybe Rainemard trust was a prereq. Never entered or defeated AA Galka beforehand. Hope this helps people.
 Asura.Faloun
user: Chroph
By Asura.Faloun 2016-09-08 01:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I got Rainemard after I got KI from Jamal, and Still not triggering AAGK trust quest. I think you need Rainemard and at least one of the past cities (extenmille S, klara...) to starter AAGK.
By Ushandi 2016-09-08 19:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all, you just need to do the following after receiving the "Bundle of half-inscribed scrolls" from Jamal.
Obtain Rainemard - talk to Shanene at Batallia Downs (S) (J-7)
And then speak to Jamal again and it will give you the ROE objective. I can confirm this because I have no other trusts from the past and only on mission 8 of WOTG
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-09-08 19:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I can also back up that Rainemard seems to be required, but none of the other Jamal WotG truts (Klara, Romaa, Excenmille [s]) are required. I wasn't getting AAGK on mule when I had none of those four. Went and got Rainemard only, then returned to Jamal and got AAGK flagged - I still have none of the other 3.

I suppose maybe it's possible that it's any 1 of the 4 to flag next quest, but Rainemard alone definitely worked for me.
 Siren.Balias
Server: Siren
user: Balias
By Siren.Balias 2016-09-08 20:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I missed getting Kupofried, wish they'd bring that one back...
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-09-08 20:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sabishii said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »

I think he's saying there was a video somewhere (on youtube) where the devs were actually PLAYING the encounters, and they sucked at it.
Yeah exactly lol.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2016-09-09 00:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

the one i watched was the intense, was pretty bad