Info About Other Servers.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Info about other Servers.
Info about other Servers.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-15 08:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I wish players would stop telling others to go to Asura and Odin all the time .. because there's plenty of other servers. Why should Asura get all the English-speaking players? I wouldn't mind a more populated server, but I'm not going to pay real money to leave two linkshells I've been leading a long time. Also Cerb is home, and it's a small community so everyone knows everyone.

And sometimes players from other servers judge me because I've only just got around to doing NMs in Reisenjima .. when that's not my fault because all the hardcore players we had a few years back went to Asura and I'm always seeing screenshots of them clearing T4s with 12-18 while I'm stuck trying to figure out T1s .. while hoping my LS members are strong enough (sometimes they are not). Come to Cerberus .. be different than everyone else and stay for the challenge.

I used to think more like this.

Then I decided I wanted to play the game I'm paying rl money for.

So I guess every single player who is not on either Asura, Odin or Bahamut are not playing the game and instead are wasting their time and money? I find it rather fulfilling when I can fill an alliance for Vagary with less than 300 players online. You don't need 1k+ players at EU/NA time to find players to do content. Harder to find the talent to do the really hard stuff .. but that's the challenge.

If you're having trouble with Reisenjima t1's 6 months after they're out and we've figured out how to unlock all vorseals and such, yes, you're having some problems playing the game. I can understand people newly returning to the game and not yet caught up on content still being that far behind, but if you've been a regular player and you're that far behind that's pretty depressing. I can dualbox every reisenjima t1, and I just need to add one friend to do most t2's...and I'm a *** THF.

To be honest I would tell players to go to any other server even if it's not Cerberus. Not because I don't want them to succeed and enjoy the game, but because there's plenty of servers who really want new blood and we are very welcoming. It's not like Asura, Odin or Bahamut NEEDS new players, unlike the others. Guaranteed if a player was a decent SCH, they could come to Cerberus and get plenty done because there's not enough SCHs.

What I do agree with is the purely casual players joining the most populated, because those players have restrictions to their playtime, and being able to jump in to an event quick with as little pain is the #1 selling point. If however a player wants to get in among the best a server has to offer, then jumping to any other server is going to give them that chance.

So your answer to the OP, asking for a server where there's plenty of population and people to do stuff, is "Go anywhere"? Why even post?

Because this thread is stupidly one-sided. We might as well put in a forum bot to auto-respond with "Asura". Don't tell me my server sucks, and don't tell me I shouldn't tell others to come here. Also don't tell me I'm wasting my playtime .. because I love FFXI, and while Cerberus is quiet, I still love it regardless. And the players I run with respect and appreciate every thing I do for them, and in return I remind them how great they are. And I would do the same thing for anyone who chose Cerberus over Asura .. I would get them in my events and make it fun.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-15 09:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Because this thread is stupidly one-sided. We might as well put in a forum bot to auto-respond with "Asura". Don't tell me my server sucks, and don't tell me I shouldn't tell others to come here. Also don't tell me I'm wasting my playtime .. because I love FFXI, and while Cerberus is quiet, I still love it regardless. And the players I run with respect and appreciate every thing I do for them, and I always remind them how great they are. And I would do the same thing for anyone who chose Cerberus over Asura .. I would get them in my events and make it fun.

I didn't say your server sucked. You informed me it did.

You're welcome to love Cerberus until it's just you and Apururu for all I care, that's your prerogative. But when someone is asking a question that involves wanting a high population server where all content gets cleared, you're making a good case for your server being a bad option for that person.

I can also promise you they'd find fun on Asura, and if killing bosses is what someone in an MMO built around killing bosses finds fun, it's looking like Asura is more fun there too. We have people do 18 man vagary here too, and it doesn't take hours to do so as it's not required to use 10% of the population to manage that. Hell, one person I know who has led such an event posted in this thread, Ramsy.

So again, you can love Cerberus all you want, but the only thing you have to offer anyone is your nostalgia and love of your server, which someone not from Cerberus will not have going for them.
[+]
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2016-05-15 09:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish players would stop telling others to go to Asura and Odin all the time .. because there's plenty of other servers. Why should Asura get all the English-speaking players? I wouldn't mind a more populated server, but I'm not going to pay real money to leave two linkshells I've been leading a long time. Also Cerb is home, and it's a small community so everyone knows everyone.

And sometimes players from other servers judge me because I've only just got around to doing NMs in Reisenjima .. when that's not my fault because all the hardcore players we had a few years back went to Asura and I'm always seeing screenshots of them clearing T4s with 12-18 while I'm stuck trying to figure out T1s .. while hoping my LS members are strong enough (sometimes they are not). Come to Cerberus .. be different than everyone else and stay for the challenge.

I used to think more like this.

Then I decided I wanted to play the game I'm paying rl money for.

So I guess every single player who is not on either Asura, Odin or Bahamut are not playing the game and instead are wasting their time and money? I find it rather fulfilling when I can fill an alliance for Vagary with less than 300 players online. You don't need 1k+ players at EU/NA time to find players to do content. Harder to find the talent to do the really hard stuff .. but that's the challenge.

If you're having trouble with Reisenjima t1's 6 months after they're out and we've figured out how to unlock all vorseals and such, yes, you're having some problems playing the game. I can understand people newly returning to the game and not yet caught up on content still being that far behind, but if you've been a regular player and you're that far behind that's pretty depressing. I can dualbox every reisenjima t1, and I just need to add one friend to do most t2's...and I'm a *** THF.

To be honest I would tell players to go to any other server even if it's not Cerberus. Not because I don't want them to succeed and enjoy the game, but because there's plenty of servers who really want new blood and we are very welcoming. It's not like Asura, Odin or Bahamut NEEDS new players, unlike the others. Guaranteed if a player was a decent SCH, they could come to Cerberus and get plenty done because there's not enough SCHs.

What I do agree with is the purely casual players joining the most populated, because those players have restrictions to their playtime, and being able to jump in to an event quick with as little pain is the #1 selling point. If however a player wants to get in among the best a server has to offer, then jumping to any other server is going to give them that chance.

So your answer to the OP, asking for a server where there's plenty of population and people to do stuff, is "Go anywhere"? Why even post?

Because this thread is stupidly one-sided. We might as well put in a forum bot to auto-respond with "Asura". Don't tell me my server sucks, and don't tell me I shouldn't tell others to come here. Also don't tell me I'm wasting my playtime .. because I love FFXI, and while Cerberus is quiet, I still love it regardless. And the players I run with respect and appreciate every thing I do for them, and in return I remind them how great they are. And I would do the same thing for anyone who chose Cerberus over Asura .. I would get them in my events and make it fun.
Not really one sided normally everyone wants a populated/active server which Asura is. You just said cerb is quite why would someone want to pay money to transfer to a quiet server?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-15 09:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Already said what I wanted to say. Asura is not the holy grail. While I certainly understand why some would want a more populated server, it shouldn't be an automatic response. The reason why other servers are less populated is because of mass migration, and that can be partially blamed on those parroting "Come to Asura".

It's not just about the OP, it's about returning players who see threads like these. They would see this and think .. "well I guess Asura is the only option", when it clearly isn't. With some of the judgmental behaviour I'm seeing from Asura players, I would prefer any returning players go to Odin or Bahamut instead. While some may defend Asura .. I'm still seeing the typical mentality which has always been there. I wouldn't move there if I had the choice that's for sure. Saying to me that I can "love Cerberus til it's me and Apururu left for all I care" is obnoxious.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-05-15 09:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

We might as well put in a forum bot to auto-respond with "Asura".

Mods, is this something that can be done? It would be really helpful.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-05-15 09:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anywhere but Asura !
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-15 09:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Already said what I wanted to say. Asura is not the holy grail. While I certainly understand why some would want a more populated server, it shouldn't be an automatic response. The reason why other servers are less populated is because of mass migration, and that can be partially blamed on those parroting "Come to Asura".

It's not just about the OP, it's about returning players who see threads like these. They would see this and think .. "well I guess Asura is the only option", when it clearly isn't. With some of the judgmental behaviour I'm seeing from Asura players, I would prefer any returning players go to Odin or Bahamut instead. While some may defend Asura .. I'm still seeing the typical mentality which has always been there. I wouldn't move there if I had the choice that's for sure. Saying to me that I can "love Cerberus til it's me and Apururu left for all I care" is obnoxious.

Asura is the holy grail.

If you returning player and need help. Asura
If you like to play an mmo with other players. Asura
If you a veteran player looking to team with other veteran player. Asura
If you like to solo and don't like to be bothered. Not Asura.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-05-15 10:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Foreverj said: »

I have all of that on Quetz. So do many other groups on other smaller servers. But we aren't really newbie friendly.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-15 10:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

I have all of that on Quetz. So do many other groups on other smaller servers. But we aren't really newbie friendly.

And again Asura players assuming it's the only server that can do anything. Cerb is friendly to returning players (if you join my LS or TheLastOfUs), linkshells and PUGs offer events to veteran players, and I certainly team with other players every week.

Yes, sometimes it takes longer to set things up. Yes, it's harder to find the right talent and jobs for hard content. Yes, there's less English-speaking players. Yes, there may not be as many PUGs doing old content. But do we all sit on our chairs in Adoulin/Jeuno and do nothing all day? No. Players do /yells, and LS leaders set events up. It might not be at the pace of a more populated server, but we still get things done. Just because a server is quiet doesn't mean everyone solos and shuns each other.
By Afania 2016-05-15 11:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

U

If you want to promote your server, say good things about it, don't attack other servers. Saying "Asura is bad because players trolls here" is like saying the US is a horrible place because you encountered a rude American once in your lifetime.

I mean, only less than 5% of players post on forums, you can't really judge entire server based on that.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-15 11:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

And again Asura players assuming it's the only server that can do anything. Cerb is friendly to returning players (if you join my LS or TheLastOfUs), linkshells and PUGs offer events to veteran players, and I certainly team with other players every week.

Yes, sometimes it takes longer to set things up. Yes, it's harder to find the right talent and jobs for hard content. Yes, there's less English-speaking players. Yes, there may not be as many PUGs doing old content. But do we all sit on our chairs in Adoulin/Jeuno and do nothing all day? No. Players do /yells, and LS leaders set events up. It might not be at the pace of a more populated server, but we still get things done. Just because a server is quiet doesn't mean everyone solos and shuns each other.

I didn't say Asura only server that can do anything lol. What I can say is things get done quicker if u don't have a 6 person group. Shouts are frequent and fills fast. Of coz there's congestion but the trade off is better. Think of it like a small tax to pay in a server with a better opportunity.

In my example going to asura from bahamut was the best move in my situation. Formed a linkshell in bahamut. Cause we weren't playing the right jobs (scholar) we need to build the shell from the ground up. Just when we on the verge of gettin Magic burst group up and ranning, people quit and got banned. Now I'm back at square one. No end game shell was recruiting in bahamut back then and no end game shell was recruiting or open to new membership now.

What was i suppose to do? Equipped with the desirable jobs (scholar blue Mage) and nobody to do it with and no pugs I went to asura. And it was great, lots of shouts and lots of linkshells, even endgame linkshells recruiting. This is why I think life is rough for people in bahamut if they not in those top two endgame shells or other people in those situations.
By Altimaomega 2016-05-15 11:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So if you want to play with obnoxious, self important, know it alls, and have wait times on a over decade old game join Asura now!
[+]
By Damane 2016-05-15 12:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont want to offend any other servers. I was on quiet a few servers, and Asura is for EU/NA players by far the best, if you are looking to play with other people (as in not alone). Its the most active server i have been since things started dwindling down. Phoenix was good too, but the numbers there went down too at some point.

People just need to face Reality
By Afania 2016-05-15 12:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, if you want T4 clears on a smaller server, there's a way to do it.

1. Lv up a mule and get an idris.
2. Lv sch or blm on main and gear it well.
3. Lv blm or sch on another char and gear it well.

Now you get 3 characters that covers geo, sch and blm role. You can do everything up to sky T3 with trusts, team up with 1 player or two and you can do reisen T3. Team up with a few more dualbox or tribox players you can do T4.

That's how some groups on smaller server kills T4, which is play more than 1 char. The player base is small and the only way to get things done is play more than 1 char. If you just sit there waiting for good players leaving bigger servers to join smaller ones, it's not gonna happen.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-05-15 12:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ramsy said: »
And I wish players would stop telling others to go to Asura and Odin all the time .. because there's plenty of other servers. Why should Asura get all the English-speaking players? I wouldn't mind a more populated server, but I'm not going to pay real money to leave two linkshells I've been leading a long time. Also Cerb is home, and it's a small community so everyone knows everyone.

And sometimes players from other servers judge me because I've only just got around to doing NMs in Reisenjima .. when that's not my fault, because all the talented hardcore players went to Asura and I'm always seeing screenshots of them clearing T4s with 12-18 while I'm stuck trying to figure out T1s .. while hoping my LS members are strong enough (sometimes they are not). Come to Cerberus .. be different than everyone else and stay for the challenge.
Well when Asura is the most active server and that's what people are looking for why not tell them to come here?

I kinda agree with Kylos. The more people that go off to Asura, the more people are enticed to go to Asura. It's a slippery slope. Some people left their server, a few years ago, when the server had say 1200. Others left after that when it was regularly under 1000 and then more at 700.

You end up with servers like Valefor where there may frequently be more AFK/mules than people playing the game.

450 online as of about 11 CST. It's usually lower than that, even in evenings, but the campaign is skewing things.
By Afania 2016-05-15 12:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Asura.Ramsy said: »
And I wish players would stop telling others to go to Asura and Odin all the time .. because there's plenty of other servers. Why should Asura get all the English-speaking players? I wouldn't mind a more populated server, but I'm not going to pay real money to leave two linkshells I've been leading a long time. Also Cerb is home, and it's a small community so everyone knows everyone.

And sometimes players from other servers judge me because I've only just got around to doing NMs in Reisenjima .. when that's not my fault, because all the talented hardcore players went to Asura and I'm always seeing screenshots of them clearing T4s with 12-18 while I'm stuck trying to figure out T1s .. while hoping my LS members are strong enough (sometimes they are not). Come to Cerberus .. be different than everyone else and stay for the challenge.
Well when Asura is the most active server and that's what people are looking for why not tell them to come here?

I kinda agree with Kylos. The more people that go off to Asura, the more people are enticed to go to Asura. It's a slippery slope. Some people left their server, a few years ago, when the server had say 1200. Others left after that when it was regularly under 1000 and then more at 700.

You end up with servers like Valefor where there may frequently be more AFK/mules than people playing the game.

450 online as of about 11 CST. It's usually lower than that, even in evenings, but the campaign is skewing things.

Yes it's correct, the thing is that there's nothing we can do about it.

It's like people grew up from a small town will eventually move to bigger cities for more and better career opportunities because nobody wants to work in a corner store entire life. Therefore all the big companies will have office in bigger cities so they get top talent. You don't see Google or Microsoft headquarters in a town with 500 people, and you don't see people move to a smaller town if they want to work at Microsoft or Google.

All Kylos do in this thread is to attack other server to promote his own server, while offering nothing that would attract people. He refuse to move, refuse to play multiple characters, then blame others for not be able to clear content
because he can't find good players.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-15 12:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's certainly nice u chose to stay around and lead 2 shells of up and coming players. I give u respect for that. But eventually u going to get burned out. U wanna progress yrself. I'm sure u wanna clear T4s as well. Eventually u gotta think, are these linkshell members making the progress u hoping for? Game needs dedication now with The all important JPs and master status. Best of luck.

As for me personally coming to Cerberus, I can't. My play time is like 2 hours. Can't sit around waiting for stuff to happen when I need stuff to happen as soon as I sign in.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-05-15 13:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
I The player base is small and the only way to get things done is play more than 1 char. If you just sit there waiting for good players leaving bigger servers to join smaller ones, it's not gonna happen.

My linkshell is working on our second round of Aeonics, none of us multibox. We're on one of the smallest servers.

Edit: We all multibox, but not for Aeonic clears. We don't even prebuff with mules.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-15 13:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way I didn't attack Asura. I bet there's plenty of lovely people on the server who would be great to play with. But when I see a thread like this it's always dominated by Asura players. It would be nice if I came in to one of these threads and read posts like "Cerberus", or "Shiva", or "Quetzalcoatl". So what if these servers don't have 1k+ players at EU/NA primetime? It's not like you can't join a linkshell and make several Aeonics like Trulusia said.

As far as being burned out .. I won't. Over the years I know when to take a break from the game, and I don't play FFXI every second of every day. I can't do it, it's impossible, so I'll do my regular events every week, but the rest of the time I'll play til I get bored. I have many other things to be doing in my spare time, my other interests ensure I come back to the game refreshed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-05-15 13:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like you can't join a linkshell and make several Aeonics like Trulusia said.

Oh that's not true. Lots of people in our shell even can't come to Aeonic ***, and we don't really build people up to get to that point. They'd have to it themselves, and as a returning player that would be a ***.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-15 13:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like you can't join a linkshell and make several Aeonics like Trulusia said.

Oh that's not true. Lots of people in our shell even can't come to Aeonic ***, and we don't really build people up to get to that point. They'd have to it themselves, and as a returning player that would be a ***.

Depends on the player. I know a couple who returned at the end of last year and have an Aeonic and I don't. It's largely down to the individual and whether they can find a linkshell which suits. I'll agree you can't be someone who plays 1-2 hours a week, you need to be a dedicated player with plenty of time in the pocket.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2016-05-15 14:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That's half-Tru(e) we build them up. But only the ones that actually will dedicate some time. The ones that ask questions and generally are trying to get better we help. The ones asking for handouts we do ignore for the most part.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-15 14:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph was recently voted sexiest server. It's also a haven for MS Painters and hockey enthusiasts.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-05-15 14:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Falkirk was recently voted BSTliest BST at the Little Miss Quetz pageant~!

[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-15 15:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Sylph was recently voted sexiest server. It's also a haven for MS Painters and hockey enthusiasts.
We are The most fabulous!
The Most Glamorous!
*Poses dramatically*
The sexiest.

Bro do you even pose?
Sylph does.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-05-15 15:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Bro do you even pose?

One Could Argue It's All We Do.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-15 15:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I like this man.
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2016-05-15 16:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It might be worth mentioning that Bismarck is having a big "nostalgia comeback" surge of players atm.

Population as of 2:32PDT today was only 451, however. I think that's up ~50 from last month lol.
By Armyguy 2016-05-15 17:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you everybody for the information posted.
Im sure no matter which server i move too, it cant be as bad as Siren. ATM there 400 people online most are afk. JP time it was near 800. I agree with you, that you don't need a server with 1k+ to get sh** done. Siren is just so lazy and only has people like "Ill help you out. can i get this or this?". I'm not saying I need my hand held but its hard to kill even Reis t2's on Siren cause most people is still wearing Skirmish gear. Yes we have people with afterglow and people with tier3 wins. But i still haven't seen a non-JP player with an Aeonic Weapon.
By Afania 2016-05-15 17:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Armyguy said: »
Thank you everybody for the information posted.
Im sure no matter which server i move too, it cant be as bad as Siren. ATM there 400 people online most are afk. JP time it was near 800. I agree with you, that you don't need a server with 1k+ to get sh** done. Siren is just so lazy and only has people like "Ill help you out. can i get this or this?". I'm not saying I need my hand held but its hard to kill even Reis t2's on Siren cause most people is still wearing Skirmish gear. Yes we have people with afterglow and people with tier3 wins. But i still haven't seen a non-JP player with an Aeonic Weapon.

No matter which server you go, expect people go "I'll help you out, can I have this or this"

I know what I said is going to be politically incorrect but I'm still gonna say this:

You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. It's too much to expect if you can't offer anything and just want others to donate their time on a stranger on internet, in a video game.
[+]