Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-31 14:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
Square can fix the crowing issues

We'll go ahead and get right on that then....

We thank you for your continued input and look forward to your next brilliant suggestion.

Nikolce, CEO
Square Enix
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-03-31 14:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Kylos smashing the truth spot on.

The Lowest population servers are still managing to clear content simply because lower population servers, it's very much a case of, everyone knows everyone. When i mean everyone i mean everyone.

There are very few people EU/NA on my server i have not the foggiest of whom they are.

Yet i'm also a person on a low pop server running 100% up to date content, not with just JPs, who i got my Aeonic clears with, but also Americans of 2 different LSs.

If you just want to be able to yell and get people, yeah Asura's your place. If you want to know everyone, a sense of community -> Low population servers.

2 Entirely different play styles. And many people prefer the community over the, cluster mess, which leads to easy Drama etc.

<_<; so silly to assume everyone wants server merges simply because can't afford.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-03-31 14:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

We thank you for your continued input and look forward to your next brilliant suggestion.

Nikolce, CEO
Square Enix

i have a fix for ffxi. make all the chocos green!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-31 14:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »

Nikolce, CEO
Square Enix

No problemo!

anyone else?
By Bloodrose 2016-03-31 14:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »

Nikolce, CEO
Square Enix

No problemo!

anyone else?

Name them all Hevans.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-31 14:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer 1k of Notable active FFXI players read my post and remain in silent than 3 Trolls

and all I'm saying, in my own assclown way, is that you're barking up the wrong tree.

1k players are never going to read any of your posts HERE on ffxiah.

This isn't the official forum. hence the lackluster moderation and lack of scintillating debate.

you're in the wrong thread, on the wrong section of the wrong website.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-03-31 14:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we merge this thread with all the other thread merge threads !
[+]
By fonewear 2016-03-31 14:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

and lastly all of your ideas are bad and you should feel bad for having them

I will answer you in the same offensive way you did. Cuz i see no moderation here, everyone can come and Shi-t post right?. Lets make a Carnaval of 12 pages of ***, only cuz somebody dare to say. Hey what about a server merge!

You should feel bad for being a *** and troll posters sharing ideas in a friendly way.

Pchan was the only poster doing this 5 years ago. Now sadly Sehachan, You and company joined to the squad. I cant remember amazing posters like Sechachan being *** with new people in the forum. If you dont like the post, avoid reading simple. I prefer 1k of Notable active FFXI players read my post and remain in silent than 3 Trolls coming to ***-Post.

1.- Aion, TERA, Blade&Soul and name 500 MMRPGS more use the channel system to prevent crow issues
2.- 300 players * 4 = 1200 Users 16 servers / 4 = 4.
3.- Its a MMRPG Retard, do you want a offline game go to play pokemon or digimon at your 40s and feel proud for your 12k of no lifer posts here, get a gf, go outside dude k?.

You sure you aren't talking about Random P n R ?
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-03-31 15:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Can we merge this thread with all the other thread merge threads !

i prefer low population merger threads so i can keep up and there is less chance of people getting claims on posting funny pics.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-03-31 15:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the "12k posts means you have no life" argument from people who have no actual clue.

1. Seha has been posting on this site for years, and has made and maintained at least one guide. And has shared and debated her political ideologies and philosophies, as well as providing and sharing information with others in the PnR threads that catch her interest.

People have expressed why your ideas are bad. And why they won't catch on here. Having a dissenting opinion, particularly from notable posters on this site, isn't shitposting. It's called having a debate with counter points. Nik has already said specifically why you're ideas here are pretty meaningless, and even offered you a place to go voice them, that happens to be more forum idea appropriate.

Though I'm also sure the developers and staffers at SE have already considered this during the first wave of server mergers as subscription rates dropped, and decided it was a bad idea, for various other reasons. Like Logistical reasons.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-03-31 15:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Thread should be locked.

Why we haven't even discussed what we will do when we merge the servers with the other servers yet !

First you merge the servers

Then you get the women

Then you get the gil !
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-03-31 15:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

a channel system would not work very well.
simply put, camp said NM as a linkshell, or people's other 12's mules/alts.
wait for one to pop, kill it, rotate channel. double pops? alt holds while main keeps rotating between instances.

that said, open world instances are usually done, when certain area go over their design capacity and opens a new version of.
the way this game works, I doubt this would work.

as for instancing....say... Dynamis or other areas...
the way SE handled it, they where not really instances.
take Nyzul Isle for example.

once you went inside, you would be ported to a random section of a map. your group where not the only one in there, but the areas where so far apart you would not see each other, or have any effect with each other... except the lag (when said event was done by everyone)

managing instances would take a lot of resource, testing, re-coding and testing, it will probably wont be finished in time, when this stops being relevant.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-31 15:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

1k views doesn't mean 1k people read it. One person alone could give multiple views simply by refreshing the page.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-03-31 15:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Long as people keep paying for server transfers they aren't going to merge servers.

They want us the community to sort all this stuff out.
By ibm2431 2016-03-31 15:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look, it's this thread again.

Since I've taken the bait on this topic before, I'll keep this short:

There are two types of players on low population servers. The type that's already capable of getting things done, and the type that isn't. And the thing holding back those who can't isn't low population or lack of shouts. It's themselves.
By Draylo 2016-03-31 15:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

None of the idea matters because SE doesn't even read it. Just wasting time that you could spend elsewhere unless you get enjoyment from this.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-31 15:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Seha has been posting on this site for years, and has made and maintained at least one guide. And has shared and debated her political ideologies and philosophies, as well as providing and sharing information with others in the PnR threads that catch her interest.

I'm not the hero FFXIAH deserves. But apparently you can't afford a better one.
[+]
 Valefor.Rawry
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Rawry 2016-03-31 15:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Mog-house Code to send the player to Dynamis areas
Just imagined Dynamis-MogHouse.
Doesn't take long to clear, but man when your little toe smacks against furniture you get instant ko'd.
[+]
By ibm2431 2016-03-31 16:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

player can't send Tells and can't be searched Seeall. If Square can implement this in the future Not sure if the players in FFXI will accept do not send Tells for 2 hours but keep LS chat Active

Okay, I'll admit, this I would get behind. Not showing up in /sea? Being able to do solo stuff in peace without being harassed/accosted by people? Where do I sign?!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-03-31 16:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
None of the idea matters because SE doesn't even read it. Just wasting time that you could spend elsewhere unless you get enjoyment from this.

I know dude. Sometimes i like to know how think the FFXI hardcore playerbase. I wanted see if with the time people changed their mind in this topic

I was one of those who was pro-merge for several years. I went to the SE official forums in 2011 and suggested we have another server merge. This wasn't long after my original server of Hades merged in to Cerberus; when Abyssea killed the numbers.

I was so annoyed I ended up leaving the game for 7, perhaps 8 months. I posted my feelings here, and was met with "we don't care", and trolling. It was painful, because I wanted to share my grievances and say my goodbyes, but very few cared. But that was fine, because I decided to come back and give the game another chance after reading some updates.

Again, I went back to talking about server merges when the initial rush of Adoulin died. The numbers on Cerberus plummeted, and the only real content left was Delve. So again, I considered taking a long break .. but luckily I didn't.

Then SE started to change the game. They changed the game to make it easier on smaller servers. At first I still wanted a merge, but over time I grew to accept that SE was never going to listen to me, or anyone else in their official forums .. well, they do, they just refuse to merge unless they really have too.

Then Cerberus took another hit with some of the biggest NA/EU linkshells disbanding and either 1) moving to FFXIV, or 2) moving to more populated servers. Having 300-400 players in EU primetime was a real downer.

But then I started taking it upon myself to get things done with the players we had. I don't play every day, I'm not hardcore like some, so it took a while to find trustworthy players. The prime reason why I play the game is to have fun with players on the server. I don't know most of them explicitly, but they trust me enough to lead runs and we have a blast.

And this forum .. yeah, you will get those who are extremely opinionated to the point you feel insulted; but this is the way of the world. No matter where you go, wherever you post on the internet, there will be people with strong opinions, and there will be some who joke around for their own amusement.

So take it from me, as much as some players would enjoy a merge, this isn't the time. If SE did decide to merge, they would put the lowest populated servers together so the numbers come close to the bigger servers.

I'm not sure what else to say, other than SE's primary reason not to merge is motivated by money, and Square Enix is a company who needs profit, so they won't do anything which loses them money. Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to let the OP know there's not much we can do other than hope, or move on.
 Cerberus.Diavolo
user: Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2016-03-31 16:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Consider this! I play on Cerberus, and there's not much of a EU community anymore .. so during EU primetime we usually see 300-400 players online.

But every Tuesday evening I still manage to take 18(!) players for my Vagary LS event. How do I do it? I "interact" and advertise my events in advance. I have players who've done Vagary with me since the summer, and even though we have everything .. we do it anyways to get strangers their clears .. and to have fun.

You're one of my favorite players on Cerb for this very reason. However, imaging how much more you could do if the server had Asura's numbers, or how many more people you could meet/interact with. You wouldn't have to shout all night for a WHM or PLD to help you out with those Escha NMs, you'd likely pick them up in mere minutes.

Quote:
While I would LOVE for Cerberus to be merged with a more active server (and I was asking about this back in 2011, so you're very late), it's not essential. The fun of it is working with the players we have, and while sometimes there's a lack of key jobs, we have fun trying the content anyways.

Just because a person can accomplish his goals solo or with a core group of friends doesn't mean we should use that as a reason to discount server merges. This game was at its best when it was thriving with nearly 10,000 simultaneous accounts online. I'm not suggesting the development team should flip this game on its head and throw everyone into one server, but higher populations open up possibilities and increase the number of people you can meet, increasing player retention and, in turn, overall profit. Any shortcomings that may cause can be easily addressed with extra XP camps/NM pop locations and the like.

Worried about loss of profit? Throw in cosmetic content downloadable for a price and use that as an income generator, like new costumes and newly introduced mounts, not server transfers.

Quote:
Also when you're selling currency items, the prices for bronze/bills/whiteshells and Alexandrites should be higher .. because there's less people to farm. So while there's some benefits to a more active server (not having to /yell for 1-2 hours to make a party), there's major drawbacks as well.

What are the major drawbacks? Asura's currency prices are similar or higher than Cerb's despite the population disparity. There's more being sold there, but there are more people buying it, too.

Quote:
At this point a server merge would simply mean I have to /yell for less time. I would probably end up having too many players (and that still happens with my Vagary LS .. having to turn players away) and then I'll feel bad as I can only take 18 to an event .. or 6-10 players if it's Escha/Reisenjima. Make a few friends and enjoy the game as it's intended right now .. not how it was 5-10 years ago.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Don't be a settler. ;)
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-03-31 17:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Diavolo, I appreciate the response. I said before I would love a server merge, especially because of the lack of EU/NA players, but after asking for several years I've had to settle. I've had to get past the fact that SE won't do it unless they really have to (and I'm not jumping server), so I can either hope it happens, or move on. And I moved on a while ago, not because I wouldn't like a server merge, but because it's too much effort to argue the point with SE.

And yes .. I do get tired of having to /yell for 1-2 hours for the LAST (it's always the last) member, and it's always something important. I probably would have got through all the Escha NMs and be on late Reisenjima NMs if we had the people .. but I'm not in a major rush. Some people are, but I'm not, and I guess that's why I settle while some don't.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-03-31 17:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/database

Should merge the 8 lowest "Active"-ity servers and offer one free server transfer per account. My server (Lakshmi) could easily handle twice as many players without competition issues, serious BCNM congestion issues, etc. People would still flee merged servers despite them having more "Active"-ity because other servers (like Asura) have a reputation for being NA friendly.

Also, doing this would probably not save them much money. It's very very unlikely that SE has independent physical servers for each zone on each server and the vast majority of server oomph (for private servers at least) is spent just receiving/interpreting character update packets from your client.
[+]