Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-31 11:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh god it's you again. *stops reading*

Sorry but the last time you posted "ideas" they were all colours of terrible.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-03-31 11:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, no.

No meta server. Hell no, actually.

If there are any mergers that need to be done, it should be the lowest population servers being merged with one that has a decent size (not large) population.

Like Quetzalcoatl merging with Shiva, for example. Would be a good one. The result would be ~800 active players (non mules) during NA prime time.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-03-31 11:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of us do not want huge servers. I am on Odin and we have a nice stable population. Things are cheaper, no waiting in line, little competition for common things but still enough people to get stuff done. You want it busier move to a better server then. Stop trying to speak for everyone.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ephexis
Server: Cerberus
user: Ephexis
By Cerberus.Ephexis 2016-03-31 11:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-03-31 11:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

On my ultra tiny server I STILL run into problems getting the camps or pop spots I want. Why the *** would I want to deal with SIGNIFICANTLY more people who add essentially no value to my experience.

How about instead of complaining about low server pop or whatever, you quit or move to Asura with everyone else. Those of us who have friends/linkshells/statics are perfectly fine with how things are. Why should me experience suffer for your benefit where there are ways to fix your situation, but what you propose would destroy mine?
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-03-31 11:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you want to split NA/EU from JP anyways? That's one of the unique things I found with XI. I loved the experiences where I would get an invite to an all JP party, and we would fight stuff together and they would try to talk with me even if it wasn't much. Sure it was a bit awkward but it was fun.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ephexis
user: Ephexis
By Cerberus.Ephexis 2016-03-31 11:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It'd help me out keeping things with everyone in, rather than regional splitting. Always found myself getting on better with the JP population, as opposed to the other NA/EU people. The communication challenges are fun if nothing else.
By Inudesu 2016-03-31 12:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I too want to frantically ??? Camp in hopes of popping escha nms with 50 other people doing the same. Sounds like a blast.
 Odin.Vuq
user: Delagyela
By Odin.Vuq 2016-03-31 12:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cross server looking for group function which moves you to an instanced realm with only your 1-18 players only when the group is full, or the objective is set on a 'start'
Thus will mean you can either be removed form the population completely allowing you to solo camp things. Doing content without shouting for 2 hours or waiting for appropriate people to login would be nice...

Not that anything we say in this forumn is going to impact SE's future plans.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2016-03-31 12:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I really hate the channel system. I like my gaming world to be quite coherent...

Edit : Better idea : give FFXIV It's sux so much, and bring back devs on FFXI :c
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-31 13:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

um...these aren't the official ffxi forums...
nobody from square will ever see your ideas...

also, all of us got kicked off the official forums ...that's why we are here.... in third party hacktopia...

so.... even if we wanted to, nobody here could forward your ideas to anyone <over there> that matters...

and lastly all of your ideas are bad and you should feel bad for having them.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-03-31 13:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
all of us
Speak for yourself.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-03-31 13:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

new game mode: offline mode: no interaction with other players, except via Auction House.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-03-31 13:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

the Idea of a Meta server is silly.
Many of the most active people on Small servers, like myself.
Like the low server population! It means it's easier to farm dyna (No Competition), No Alex Competition, no battlefield lock outs etc etc etc.

strictly speaking here, yeah few more people would be nice. But i personally wouldnt be able to stand the high population of Asura. I can barely stand sylph at peak times. Why would i want to add another 700+ people to that mix.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-03-31 13:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I did, i played back when HNMs where the done thing.
I don't like high populations. It's over crowded, stressful. I like it small.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-31 13:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I would understand if we were still here camping Heqet and Gukumatz, but most things now are instanced/pop. Competition hardly matters. More people just means more playtime flexibility and more resources available.

But whatevs, thread's still bad.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Diavolo
user: Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2016-03-31 13:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Server merges are something that's been requested by many for a long time now and are way overdue. When you look at the population disparity between servers it becomes very evident. Simply squeezing the 16 servers we have now into 4 or so would make a lot of sense, ensuring the population on the new servers remains relatively spread out between NA/EU and JP. However, I disagree with the ideas proposed in the OP as they complicate matters for SE and don't really help.
 Odin.Slore
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-03-31 14:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If people want more populated servers why do you just not transfer to one?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-31 14:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't think it was necessary to say even more. But since you ask.
Policy decisions such as server merges are not your call to make, even less the way it's done, not on the official forum, even less here where as Nik pointed out, nobody cares. Cause you know, we don't work at SE hq.

Regional segregation is not very positive. People who work casually with a computer next to them/people at home for health reasons/nolifers all can benefit from the ability to play with people from different timezones throughout the day. And also globalization and ***.

Chat channels is just awful.

Look I'm even pro merges, but not necessarily all, there's a couple that are already fine with population.
Hell I'm even in favour of a double discount for both SE games.

Still, I give this thread a 4/10. I talk and joke the same way with everyone, friends or hfoes. Lighten up cupcake.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-03-31 14:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Consider this! I play on Cerberus, and there's not much of a EU community anymore .. so during EU primetime we usually see 300-400 players online.

But every Tuesday evening I still manage to take 18(!) players for my Vagary LS event. How do I do it? I "interact" and advertise my events in advance. I have players who've done Vagary with me since the summer, and even though we have everything .. we do it anyways to get strangers their clears .. and to have fun.

While I would LOVE for Cerberus to be merged with a more active server (and I was asking about this back in 2011, so you're very late), it's not essential. The fun of it is working with the players we have, and while sometimes there's a lack of key jobs, we have fun trying the content anyways.

Also when you're selling currency items, the prices for bronze/bills/whiteshells and Alexandrites should be higher .. because there's less people to farm. So while there's some benefits to a more active server (not having to /yell for 1-2 hours to make a party), there's major drawbacks as well. The only thing I would like to see is more EU/NA players because we still see 500-800 during JP primetime. As for Dynamis, you can enter when you want, and if someone's in the zone .. exit and try somewhere else. Check the zone before you enter!

Also SE makes money from those jumping to Asura/Odin etc. Why would they risk losing players (and money) by merging servers when players will migrate anyways if they don't want to put in the effort to lead parties?

At this point a server merge would simply mean I have to /yell for less time. I would probably end up having too many players (and that still happens with my Vagary LS .. having to turn players away) and then I'll feel bad as I can only take 18 to an event .. or 6-10 players if it's Escha/Reisenjima. Make a few friends and enjoy the game as it's intended right now .. not how it was 5-10 years ago.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-03-31 14:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5