Will You Join META Server Lv75 Old School Era?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Will you join META server lv75 old school era?
Will you join META server lv75 old school era?
First Page 2 3
 Siren.Sandraa
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: DaNTE333
By Siren.Sandraa 2015-12-18 10:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Clinpachi 2015-12-18 10:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It sounds like a great idea on paper, but there is no way in hell that I'm reliving THAT struggle and period of my life all over again. Once was enough for me.

Good luck if you decide to do that or be a part of it though. Would probably be cool to a lot of people.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-18 11:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Maybe in a couple of years when I have less to do in game.

Exactly. There's so much do to already there's no time for that.
 Asura.Ninjaface
Server: Asura
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-12-18 11:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

there are a host of private servers for this exact thing. People started making them when they got all salted over aby's vertical progression.

edit: Am I allowed to say that? I don't mean to promote private servers over the legit game.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ghanni
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-12-18 11:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That sounds incredible exhausting in today's FFXI landscape especially if your server has a small population. 12-18 man content only works when you have enough people to support it multiple times over.

It's going to take a fair amount of work to scale back post 75 content to 75. Then you have to take into account strategies that are only possible because of breaking the 75 cap and adjusting difficulty to that.

Then you take into account that all those hours could be wiped whenever the server host isn't in the mood anymore. At least when SE wipes all our data we'll hopefully have a long heads up beforehand.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-18 12:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it'd only work after FFXI shut down.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-18 12:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
Ok talking about private servers

All this im telling you its possible. Atm im helping a dev team in a private server. I will not promote the name here but i want a opinion of hardcore people.

Would you like this idea to the future?

Sadly for the 12 - 18 man content yes. I totally wish promote the HNM Linkshells content. The idea its when you are lv 75 you Look for a Linkshell to start play end game stuff

lets said this server its ready for January and square enix announce that as solution for nostalgic old schools gamers. Would you move your character there?

It's just personal opinion but I find private server only has value after official server shut down. Otherwise I don't see a point to play a game on private servers.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-12-18 12:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would I do that when I can keep my character at 75 on live, keep all of my friends from live, and do 90% of original 75 cap content by myself or with my 5 besties, whoever I choose them to be at the time.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ganlere
Server: Cerberus
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2015-12-18 12:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Legendary camps seem redundant if you can only level up once per hour. Maybe I'm misunderstanding it.

Level 1-10 will take 10 hours? Even soloing 1-10 in the true 75 era didn't take that long. Maybe half that. I understand you don't want the 1-75 in a couple hours of today, maybe 30 mins per level to 50 then bump to an hour.

How many times can you re-lvl? Once, unlimited?

What content would need to be regeared? Everyone have to get Dring again or similar?

Some good ideas here for nostalgia and bridging new content into 75 era, but I'm not sure how high the demand for all the grind is.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2015-12-18 13:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ghanni said: »
That sounds incredible exhausting in today's FFXI landscape especially if your server has a small population. 12-18 man content only works when you have enough people to support it multiple times over.

It's going to take a fair amount of work to scale back post 75 content to 75. Then you have to take into account strategies that are only possible because of breaking the 75 cap and adjusting difficulty to that.

Then you take into account that all those hours could be wiped whenever the server host isn't in the mood anymore. At least when SE wipes all our data we'll hopefully have a long heads up beforehand.

not to mention the lack of abilities and sub job abilities that are available due to level 75+

im no longer an active player but i had been with the game pretty much just until seekers hit.

The game has had so many meta's and has transformed many times however i dont see what every one thought was so great about the older era.

i have many memorable experiences with it mind you, but some of the things that have been added since and having played other mmo's those dynamics were beyond punishing and im thoroughly convinced any one who thinks old school 11 is better is either a masochist or has rose tinted glasses on.

as i know alot of people at least liked to hate on wow i can go and put this into perspective, there are alot of old school wow players that say vanilla (pre first expansion) was the best. (and some even concede the first expansion but afterwards they are no different in this regard) and often complain its too easy to hit max level, sound familiar?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-12-18 13:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Why would I do that when I can keep my character at 75 on live, keep all of my friends from live, and do 90% of original 75 cap content by myself or with my 5 besties, whoever I choose them to be at the time.
This.

Where the PSO private servers allowed us to play an old game that was difficult to play due to old consoles, I don't really see the point of private servers for a game that is readily available and where the official servers will always give a better environment.
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
Server: Lakshmi
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2015-12-18 13:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Time-intensive MMO run on a private server that'll shut down the moment a C&D is issued.

Pass.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-18 14:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I really do not like the way the game mechanics in Abyssea were designed...
Even if you scale it down to lv75 those aspects that Abyssea ushered into ffxi will still ruin the game.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-12-18 14:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

SE won't do something like this, it would require a lot of extra work on their part.
[+]
 Asura.Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-12-18 14:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SE would not do this. What you're suggesting would require them to actually add to the FFXI team because you don't simply just scale back items that are over lv 75. Tons of the post 75 gear have stats that never existed or when they did were practically unique.

I really don't think you understand the absolute headache and amount of work what you're asking for would take. No sane company, especially a publicly traded one would do this.

Lastly, why are you so fixated on level 75? You're just asking for all the content we currently have but to scale it back, that makes no sense.

I worked on Age of Conan during the P2P->F2P transition and that was a huge hassle, I can't imagine what this would be like.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-18 14:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Only option seems to be to make a bootleg ffxi on a private server where you control all the programing details.
[+]
 Asura.Ninjaface
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-12-18 14:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

plenty of them exist at various times, the problem is finding one that sticks around long enough and the admins don't get worn out.
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
Server: Lakshmi
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2015-12-18 15:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I mean Lets said square enix officialy announce. They are making a Meta Server LV75 old School with the features im saying. Will you World transfer to this meta server to play at LV75 cap?

Only content I would want to do over again is CoP/RotZ missions (with competent people) and a legit level 75 Absolute Virtue and Pandemonium Warden. Everything else: No thanks.

And as posters before have mentioned, stuff added after level cap increase would be extremely time consuming to rebalance.
By Draylo 2015-12-18 15:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

God no, so tired of the lv75 ***.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-18 15:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
yes, it's worth it.
[+]
By Zubis 2015-12-18 15:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
 Asura.Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-12-22 11:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is not handling the mobile port and probably don't want to pay to have the PC port retooled as it would potentially split the user base AGAIN.

If you want to play 75 content go play on a private server. I don't know how you don't understand that you don't simply scale back stats for items. The post 75 content is specifically set up to handle breaking the 75 level cap for jobs.

Your idea is bad for a company that doesn't want to put more money into something than it has to.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3