Will You Join META Server Lv75 Old School Era?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Will you join META server lv75 old school era?
Will you join META server lv75 old school era?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-11 12:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Without getting dragged into an endless debate about what was good and what was bad about 75 era, Imma just answer the main question and say: *** no.

Not mentioning the myriad of reasons I could list, the first though is that it'd bother me to no end that there's abilities I can't get.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2016-01-11 12:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Without getting dragged into an endless debate about what was good and what was bad about 75 era, Imma just answer the main question and say: *** no.

Not mentioning the myriad of reasons I could list, the first though is that it'd bother me to no end that there's abilities I can't get.

FFXI was a good game at 75, but it's moved too far away from that grindfest, I couldn't experience the game again with the same new eyes as I used to, which I think was a solid 80% of the reason I loved the game back then, playing at 75 again now would simply be aggravating.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-01-11 19:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Deadwing said: »
As in the one I play on is about to pass the smaller retail servers in terms of prime time population.

Umm that's not something to be proud of. My friends minecraft server has a bigger population then the smaller servers, considering they have something like 500 people on them with most being mules. Compare that to the bigger servers, or the fact that you have many servers spamming all three major time zones and you indi-server population is nothing special.

Private servers are a very small percentage of the player population, thankfully you are a self selecting population and your absence makes the game better for the rest of us. Or are you one of those players that still logs into FFXI and complains about it...

I don't believe he was being proud about it. Thats a False projection and you should really stop because you tried to point out a plot hole, and came across stupid heavily misinformed.

He simply stated a quantifiable fact that a Private Server has more people than SE's current servers, that in itself is something to take away from moving to the 75 era servers.

Not to mention your last line, which came across as Psuedo Attack on his character, which is against this sites terms and conditions. For someone preaching about "your kind make our life bad" you're the only person sprouting negativity thus far, perhaps that's another projection of yourself onto others?

He most certain was being proud of it, specifically noting how the private server almost had more prime time population then a lower population FFXI server.

Now if your going to analyze someone's post at least do a decent job of it instead of just making ***up and hoping it sticks.

I made three statements in that post, first being to note that his bragging about population size isn't really anything special. Second is that the player base interested in doing "75 era FFXI TEH BESTEST EVAH" is ridiculously small and that the majority interested in doing so have already jumped. The third statement was a swipe on those who come onto the FFXI forum or log into the FFXI game just to complain about "FFXI SUCKZ NOW I WANTZ MEH 75 FFXI!". It's happened after every major expansion and could now be considered it's own troupe.

Now if your going to attempt the typical passive-aggressive tactic of getting someone thread banned via baiting you need to be more circumspect about it.
 Odin.Vuq
Server: Odin
user: Delagyela
By Odin.Vuq 2016-02-03 15:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The level sync reduction is bold. I suggest either removing the deduction completely or greatly reducing it, it is a private server afterall so you will undoubtably have less people then there are on current ffxi, which is not many. The levels will be few and far apart making your idea almost impossible to level. The rest sounds fabulousm however if i joined your server and transferred myself id have ridiculius bonus stats, no? Having 22 99 jobs...