Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-09-08 08:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Anyone who demands a nerf for any job shows to the world how much of a bad player they are.

"Hey all, I suck, so instead of me trying to get to your level, why not bring everyone down to mine instead? It's easier to do that, and I don't have to do anything!"

That doesn't change the fact that you can throw pets at something and sit back or you can enfeeble a NM drastically without any chance of resistance.

If they want to make the game more accessable for all jobs, they need to buff other jobs. If they want to preserve challenge in high tier content, they need to nerf certain ones. If they don't want to take either course of action, it means they don't care at all.

No matter how good your WAR or DRG or w/e might be, it has no place in current meta for a good reason.

Can always play batmaster or the overpowered jobs like blue Mage scholar geomancer

And that is the main problem <.< We shouldn't feel forced to play certain jobs to make progress. If someone is complaining about the current meta, it doesn't necessarily means they are bad players. It means for sure that they can't enjoy other jobs in end game.
 Bahamut.Badstreak
user: Streak
By Bahamut.Badstreak 2015-09-08 08:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I like that the different support jobs are all good for various set ups, though generally I would agree that most set ups will always benefit from a good GEO. For example, ranger setup wants BRD+GEO. Pet setup wants COR+GEO. Melee set up can take any two. RDM can to some degree stand in for the support jobs, between Haste2, Refresh2 and the new enfeebles (ie Distract series).

The only job I feel is broken is BST with 10 second recast.

Most scholars can only skill chain every 90 seconds, allowing for generally one large magic burst of their own tier V spell.

Most rangers, even assuming perfect accuracy, can only shoot off Jishnus every 30 seconds or so.

With the default 30 or even 20 second recast timer I don't feel it's too unfair. But a maxed Ready recast is just ridiculous.

Other example: Taking Scissorleg Xerin and clearing an entire FLOOR of salvage in one WS feels really broken. I've done salvage on more than a dozen jobs and none of them break it like BST does.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-08 08:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Anyone who demands a nerf for any job shows to the world how much of a bad player they are.

"Hey all, I suck, so instead of me trying to get to your level, why not bring everyone down to mine instead? It's easier to do that, and I don't have to do anything!"

That doesn't change the fact that you can throw pets at something and sit back or you can enfeeble a NM drastically without any chance of resistance.

If they want to make the game more accessable for all jobs, they need to buff other jobs. If they want to preserve challenge in high tier content, they need to nerf certain ones. If they don't want to take either course of action, it means they don't care at all.

No matter how good your WAR or DRG or w/e might be, it has no place in current meta for a good reason.

Can always play batmaster or the overpowered jobs like blue Mage scholar geomancer

And that is the main problem <.< We shouldn't feel forced to play certain jobs to make progress. If someone is complaining about the current meta, it doesn't necessarily means they are bad players. It means for sure that they can't enjoy other jobs in end game.

U can always form ur own group. Warrior X 3 can I have it? It's a lot easier with bstmaster X 3. That's why I went this route. Time is essential. I don't have a lotta time.
By Sephoroth 2015-09-08 08:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of crying about BST being broken, which it's not. Learn to play other jobs... Bitching BST has a 10sec recast is ***. SAM can self chain all day long, add a BLM to that and said BLM can MB all day long and for a hell of a lot more than a BST can output... BST can solo entire salvage floors? So can BLM, RDM, BLU, should we nerf those also? RDM is damn near invincible with Sanguine Blade on most stuff... Should that be nerfed? Like it's been pointed out, you need to actually put effort into getting BST to "broken" status, 10sec ready doesn't come with a ding to 99. Neither does 1200JP. Sure it can make ***easier, but who cares? Games dying anyways. Instead of hating on other jobs and wanting them nerfed just level the damn job yourself and go do the same ***yourself. I mean most haters seem to think it's so simple, so go ahead and do it. Otherwise STFU!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-08 08:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys still don't get it.

Content changes all the time. If the current content relies more on pet jobs than other jobs, so be it.

Don't forget that it used to be MNK+WHM only at one time, or RNG burns, or Fell Cleaving, or BLM burns, or whatnot.

But to demand a job that's being used more than others to be nerfed? That just shows how much of a bad player you are.
[+]
By Ackeron 2015-09-08 08:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

And it lasted 2 pages after my warning. Locking now.

I don't care if you guys want to DISCUSS something but running around screaming I'm right your wrong, git gud, and stfu is not discussion.
[+]