Will You Play Past November?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Will you play past November?
Will you play past November?
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 08:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
they 100% need to have server merges, *** all you want they need it.

but yeah i will play past it i hope they lower the price a little tho...
No, they don't.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-18 08:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as you understand there's a moderate probability you'll be forced to change your character names.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-08-18 08:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This makes me sad. I had no idea they were doing a final update soon.

I have a gratitude towards FFXI that I cannot possible express. It was a huge part of my life for years and the positive impact it had on me I see everyday in my life.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-08-18 09:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

As long as you understand there's a moderate probability you'll be forced to change your character names.

My hope is still that instead of merges, what they do is open a handful of new servers and give people a free (but forced) migration to one of their choosing. The benefits are basically:

- People could keep their names, as a reward for sticking it out this long and being the first to the new servers
- There'd be things to do as a server (clearing WoE, colonization)
- There wouldn't be the economic history and baggage of an older server that was from a different era

I mean, it'd be more work for me but I think I can handle that. I know it's a pipe dream, though.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Herzins
Server: Bismarck
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2015-08-18 09:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I've played this game for way too long. This year has been the slowest to me, mostly when I just spend my days afk'd in town. I think I'll stop by the end of the year but I won't delete my toons. Maybe I'll come back sometime, just to see if the game is still going, but I've lost all interest. 12 years of this have been more than enough, no more MMOs for me, that's for sure. RIP FFXI, I grew up with you, made tons of friends, met nice people and not so nice. It is time to move on, RL seems a lot better now ;)
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-08-18 09:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
I have a gratitude towards FFXI that I cannot possible express. It was a huge part of my life for years and the positive impact it had on me I see everyday in my life.

"Final update" is a little bit of a misnomer. They're still going to do balance adjustments (and campaigns, I would assume). It's just the end of major content additions.

I look at it this way; everyone thought it was dead in the water before Adoulin, and then we got all this extra time that, let's be honest, none of us expected. There's reason to be sad, but I don't think any of us can feel cheated.
[+]
 Asura.Rinuko
Server: Asura
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-08-18 09:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Vectivus said: »
Asura.Rinuko said: »
To be fair you can probably get a pc for around $200 and play XI just fine

True and also with a pc or laptop you can play with Playstation or xbox controller's as well. With the ps controller you might have to get a adapter but that's all.

As for me I just came back a few days ago and I love it. So why not continue playing after November. Unless real life rears it's ugly head and really demands my attention I know I can put my controller down and take the time needed to save the real world. That's what heroes do.
I play with a XB360 controller and works just fine. Only LT and RT dont work. I know there is some custom drivers out there but never got them to work so never really cared much of it.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 09:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinuko said: »
I play with a XB360 controller and works just fine. Only LT and RT dont work. I know there is some custom drivers out there but never got them to work so never really cared much of it.
http://lavendy.net/special/driver/x360wc/index.html

They work great. (wireless too).
 Asura.Rinuko
Server: Asura
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-08-18 09:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you, I'll try them out tonight :)
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 09:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I had some trouble getting the right stick to work at first and I'm trying to remember what I did to fix it, I'll have to fire up the VM to check.

Had to change the right stick to z-axis/z-rotation instead of the x/y rotation it was by default.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-18 15:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just splashed onto pc from 360 recently and I'm absolutely amazed how much better this game is on pc vs 360. This looks more like FFXIV on my PS4 than anything 360 related and let alone windower which is f'ing grand itself! To hell w/ 360! Never going bk to 360 and ain't stopping til SE shuts us all down.
[+]
By swaggernaught 2015-08-21 02:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

yes am redownloading the game right now all this new content is making me drool. theres gonna be too many things to do after the novembar update i bet
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-08-21 02:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Yes I will. Reasons.

It's a great game with tons of contents to do plus 20 jobs to master. Currently playing 2-3 hours a night trying to get up to date so I can do new stuff. If there were no updates I might even just play 1 hour a night as I don't need to rush. Trying to be maxed out on beast master (getting 1200 Jps) before doing sinister is a long grind. (I don't do things unless I can be great)

Only 12.95 a month. That's the price of roughly two lunches. I can skip those lunches and pay for the monthly fee if I have to. What's up with those few people claiming 12.95 is a lot?

Community. I understand after nov number of people playing will go down even more but so what? If there's one server with 1000 people that's enough for me.

Playing this game saves me money from other crap. Hmm what else can I do wth my ffxi time? Go out more often for expensive dinners. Shop online. Pursue a more expensive hobby.

So yea I will be playing past November. A little upset no more contents but until there's nothing left for me to do in this game I'll be here for a long time.

Of course - until Skjalf can't play FFXI anymore~ and will even play after that if there are private server if the official ones ever go down.
 Bismarck.Kuvo
user: Kuvo
By Bismarck.Kuvo 2015-08-24 12:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll continue to play as long as they open up the game completely to solo everything the game has to offer! Even if they made it challenging to solo with trusts and made all items available for set prices on the AH or vendors would keep me playing for much longer. There will be a time when servers are so low in people that party play and alliance play can no longer be a part of the game. Playing this game like FFXII plays or any other FF game for that matter would be awesome!
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-24 13:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I will continue to play, provided I get my pc set up for it, since I'm on xbox.
So many nights, I turn on the tv and there's nothing good, so I log on and play. I don't see tv suddenly becoming awesome after November. And I can't play any other game. FFXI ruined all gaming for me. I just compare all games to this one and turn them off.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-24 17:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

"Final update" is a little bit of a misnomer. They're still going to do balance adjustments (and campaigns, I would assume). It's just the end of major content additions.

I look at it this way; everyone thought it was dead in the water before Adoulin, and then we got all this extra time that, let's be honest, none of us expected. There's reason to be sad, but I don't think any of us can feel cheated.

Agreed

This guy is my fav admin. Unlike aelius he doesn't even play anymore.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-08-24 21:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

you do realize they did have the same thing with adoulin right? reive/bayld gear for casuals, wkr/skirmish 1 stuff for the midcore, and delve for hardcore. they made the mistake of adding delve a little too early though imo and then followed up by only adding things before it to fill in the gaps. after delve 1 it basically went back to horizontal progression until alluvion yorcia/escha (that stuff is starting to very clearly push beyond i119, especially the newest stuff).

i suspect if people hadn't cried so hard about their precious RME being outdated then the direction of the game would have been pretty different these days.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-08-24 22:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

They also made delve give too much plasm, I remember all the people who were capped and quit because the only new stuff was worse than delve stuff.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-08-24 22:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, i think they were counting on people not being able to be able to clear 5/5 + boss consistently and mostly using beads but lolSE.

i found SoA to be a ton of fun until they dunked us with their HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ff14 style ilvl stat vomit, fortunately i don't care as much anymore because they've been doing a good job about releasing more gear with unique stats and making mobs actually warrant having differing sets for them again (not to say that you should ever full time, but it sure as hell felt like you could full time at the start of the ilvl buff)
[+]
 Bahamut.Ararita
Server: Bahamut
user: ararita
By Bahamut.Ararita 2015-08-24 22:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I will...though I have accounts on fairy...exodus and catuar in ffxiv...this still has a hold on me though I only craft ...no linkshells seem active besides I really havent cared to get into the new stuff..I keft off at abyssea...but I still pay to play or lack of.
By missdivine 2015-08-25 00:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I will probably re-sub after November/Major server merge, Just to enjoy the final storyline. Ffxi was so good @ Limbus and Abyssea era. But SoA just ruined everything, I'll be looking forward for the mobile version tho.
[+]
By Felgarr 2015-08-25 00:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I will play after November, definitely.

Depending on what SE makes 'easier' in November (like afterglows) or perhaps spend time farming job points (if the rewards are worth it for, say, 1500 or 2000 JP).

I'm a completionist, but ...maybe I'll just try a new job altogether...like PUP ...and play more casually.