Will You Play Past November?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Will you play past November?
Will you play past November?
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-08-17 19:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nanaky said: »
Ragnarok + Asura = Yes Please

I might just quit if that ever happened.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-08-17 19:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

they 100% need to have server merges, *** all you want they need it.

but yeah i will play past it i hope they lower the price a little tho...
By jubehnka 2015-08-17 19:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I sure will.

Think about it, what is the one thing that a static game (since no more major updates) gives you that rolling one doesn't? Completion challenges.

I do a lot of solo play because, like amymy, I don't like joining stuff if I feel even slightly out of par. I still do, don't get me wrong, but I prefer avoiding being carried and instead work on learning my jobs and gearing them well.

On that same note, part of being a good player is knowing not only your job, but the jobs others are doing, and that's where completion comes in. Achieving mastery of all jobs (even PUP) gives you, if not and edge above others, at least a sense of satisfaction.

Along with that, there's also the other kinds of completion, like getting all kinds of X-gear, or getting full inventory storages filled up (mog storage slips, imagine that, having stored all nq, +1, +2, 109, and 119, a daunting task for sure, but it goes towards completion), getting gil capped on as many mules as you have, collecting all that R/E gear, etc.

I'm a pack-rat, and my storages currently all sit at about 78/80, and my OCD dictates that I do all. As long as the game keeps being updated, it's a game of carrot on stick, but, come November, the carrot stops, and, for somebody like me, that's something to look forward to.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-17 19:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

oh it's that person who said those who don't pursue the same goals as it are lazy

on topic, no, because goals in a dead game are worthless
[+]
 Odin.Taberif
Server: Odin
user: Taberif
By Odin.Taberif 2015-08-17 19:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
oh it's that person who said those who don't pursue the same goals as it are lazy

yep no point in doing anything in life, youre just going to die. lmao
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-17 19:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Taberif said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

yep no point in doing anything in life, youre just going to die. lmao

a tad extreme but ok
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-08-17 20:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Better brush up on your Japanese if you get merged w/ us.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-17 20:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
Better brush up on your Japanese if you get merged w/ us.

lol im already in bahamu
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-08-17 20:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I do just fine with creative autotranslate usage.

Or I can kick Sora around some. XD
[+]
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-08-17 20:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be playing. I seem to remember the golden years of FFXI being some without any major updates at all-- where Sky and Dynamis were the only real endgame. I'm not sure how many years it stayed that way but I was perfectly content with just that and could have kept playing it that way for many more years to come.

The way I see the years to come will be a lot like that. No more playing catch up. No more throwing away gear I spent weeks putting together because new and better gear is replacing it. I am perfectly happy with that.
 Siren.Leocon
Server: Siren
user: Leocon
By Siren.Leocon 2015-08-17 20:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll still be here. I haven't spent this last year aiming for dream items like mythics for my friends and myself just to walk away in November. I've got a lot of personal projects I want to do anyways, and if I see those random shouts here and there for people seeking help, I'll be sure to pitch in there as well.

I've never been someone who jumps at content when it's first released anyway, so as long as the servers are up, I'll always have something I'll want to do.
[+]
By protectorchrono 2015-08-17 20:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a little on the fence about staying past November. Maybe I'll stay til the end of the year, but after New Years I don't know whither I'll quit or stay. Don't want to waste money after December on a game I probably won't be playing as much as I used too. So just checking things off my FFXI bucket list now before the year ends lol. If I do leave, I'll for sure miss it and the nice friends and acquaintances I've met during my years spent on the game.

As far as server merges are concerned: Long as Bahamut doesn't merge with Asura or Carbuncle and I'm still playing during that time then I might continue playing for a bit. If Bahamut merges with Carby and Asura, then, well see ya lol.

Merger with Shiva or Phoenix, Yes Please. Nice people on those servers. :)
 Asura.Cyleena
Server: Asura
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-08-18 01:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Will I? I wonder that myself.
I think I will play at least until the end of the year, to enjoy the new content added in the november patch, which will require me some time.
Will I still be playing by january? I dunno, maybe?

What I'm sure of is that I will eventually stop playing, not sure when that's gonna happen but very likely in the beginning of 2016 I'm afraid.

When Sechs goes I go!

My linkshell is totally going to be upset when they read that. lol

<3 tlou
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-08-18 01:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll keep playing until I don't enjoy it anymore. While the idea that content is ending really did damper my spirits for a bit, the reality is I have nothing else I'd rather be doing with my time. Maybe once I finally finish some ultimate weapons and cap out on gear and clear all content I'll consider myself done. But so long as there's still quite a few things out there for me to strive towards I think I'll keep on going.
 Asura.Netero
user: Bodille
By Asura.Netero 2015-08-18 02:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cyleena said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Will I? I wonder that myself.
I think I will play at least until the end of the year, to enjoy the new content added in the november patch, which will require me some time.
Will I still be playing by january? I dunno, maybe?

What I'm sure of is that I will eventually stop playing, not sure when that's gonna happen but very likely in the beginning of 2016 I'm afraid.

When Sechs goes I go!

My linkshell is totally going to be upset when they read that. lol

<3 tlou

Sechs go, i go #tlou #teamGalka
By Draylo 2015-08-18 02:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember when I was a lot younger playing this game and the cool thing to say was "I'll be here till the servers shut down!!" That's still gonna be me, in some form lol.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Rinuko
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-08-18 03:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I will move back to XIV after november, but it all depends how many of my friends still play and if i still find the game enjoyable
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-08-18 03:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I'll probably be playing this game until the servers shut down. But my personal goals in this game have never had anything to do with gear or blue stats. Having that stuff is great but they're like a toolbox to me, a means to an end except for a few pieces of subjective value.

Because of these personal goals, the end of major content updates don't mean much for me. Even after the servers shut down, FFXI will continue for me in some form and/or fashion many decades after the servers shut down.
By Voren 2015-08-18 04:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd have kept an account active for down time on 14 updates, but alas, they're taking away xbox support, so I'll keep it until then, but after that, my char will be held in digital limbo.

I can't bring myself to delete something I spent years creating and working on.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-18 05:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll probably play until the servers close but who knows really.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-08-18 05:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
I'd have kept an account active for down time on 14 updates, but alas, they're taking away xbox support, so I'll keep it until then, but after that, my char will be held in digital limbo.

Why can't you play on PC?
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-18 05:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »

Maybe it is more like "I can't bring myself to play on PC"? Accounts and servers are platform-free so why would you delete the character if you still felt attached to it? Is there anything you are going to lose except lolachievements when they drop Xbox support?

Edit: Personally, I don't know how much longer I can stay after November. I will probably stay until they pull the plug if they cut down the monthly fee. But there is one thing I am sure of that I am not going to play the FF Fan Service game wrapped in cheap Korean MMO sauce and topped with FFXI copypasta character models, which is called FFXIV.
[+]
By Voren 2015-08-18 05:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Maybe it is more like "I can't bring myself to play on PC"?

I don't have a comp at the house to play on, own a ps3 and xbox360 that are both 3-4 years old and I got both as gifts, so with that said, no I can't bring myself to play on PC because I don't have the funds to buy one as of yet.

Once I'm able I'll piece together a gaming PC, but god knows when that'll be and can only hope 11 is still able to be played at that point.

Pretty sure when 14 does away with ps3 I'll be stuck for a while until I can get the PC built. So no, it's not for a lack of liking PC, it's for a lack of funds, rl bills > gaming platforms.
 Asura.Rinuko
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-08-18 05:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair you can probably get a pc for around $200 and play XI just fine
By Vectivus 2015-08-18 05:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinuko said: »
To be fair you can probably get a pc for around $200 and play XI just fine

True and also with a pc or laptop you can play with Playstation or xbox controller's as well. With the ps controller you might have to get a adapter but that's all.

As for me I just came back a few days ago and I love it. So why not continue playing after November. Unless real life rears it's ugly head and really demands my attention I know I can put my controller down and take the time needed to save the real world. That's what heroes do.
 Sylph.Jarvick
Server: Sylph
user: Krichtan
By Sylph.Jarvick 2015-08-18 06:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Jabel said: »
Yes. After trying Diablo 3, WOW, and ffxiv none have compared to the long-term playing fun, content nor near endless attainable goals xi has to offer.
This is me. I will still play after November. $13 is cheap entertainment and I still find the game entertaining. I have tried other games out there and nothing compares for me.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-08-18 06:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You can probably sell a PS3 and get half the funds necessary to get a PC capable of playing FFXI.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-08-18 06:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I remember when I was a lot younger playing this game and the cool thing to say was "I'll be here till the servers shut down!!" That's still gonna be me, in some form lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-18 08:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

well guys, as for current content you'll have three easy escha zones and some misc bs content to do until the end of time, while SE finally kicks back and enjoys draining your monies with content a child could come up with