What Are You Doing Now In Game?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What are you doing now in game?
What are you doing now in game?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-07-22 14:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leveling the jobs I never had a chance to!
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-07-22 15:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
rather plentiful content which is balanced for alliance (to be fair, that's most post-Adoulin stuff only excluding HTBF and Skirmish

So you're talking about delve and vagary?

Escha is most certainly not balanced for alliances. I think we showed that definitively when a group of mages was able to trio wrathaire while groups of 12+ find it to be a bloodbath. In fact most escha NMs are killed more easily in a small group. The mechanic of HP scaling really penalizes bringing along less useful jobs or undergeared players.

I personally have over 8 million plasm which tells you how much delve I've run (and what an idiot I am for not selling it when airlixirs cost more). My group has done 160 pluton runs - you're welcome to math out how many base zones we had to clear for that. We've even tried alternative methods for delve clears - bring whatever job you want runs or all mage clears. The fact is for a group of 8 people who like to do challenging things together the only real 'challenge' left at the moment is escha (and challenge is a generous term). UNMs are a nice diversion but as we do them during non event times they're not something I could make into a ls event.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-07-22 16:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks to the dynamis daily restriction being lifted I managed to finish currency for Aegis lastnight and spent today doing the trials so it's currently sitting at Lv95, just need Marrows now.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-07-22 18:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Thanks to the dynamis daily restriction being lifted I managed to finish currency for Aegis lastnight and spent today doing the trials so it's currently sitting at Lv95, just need Marrows now.

time to go kill the ARCH-DL! Another event that no longer needs a huge group of people! Or just go do something to make the money and buy since the marrows are cheap >_>
 Asura.Mrxdemix
user: Mrxdemix
By Asura.Mrxdemix 2015-07-23 19:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leveling Dancer. I just came back after over 10 years of being away.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-07-27 14:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
rather plentiful content which is balanced for alliance (to be fair, that's most post-Adoulin stuff only excluding HTBF and Skirmish

So you're talking about delve and vagary?

Escha is most certainly not balanced for alliances.

OK, fair enough that bringing more players certainly doesn't necessarily mean optimal. But what I meant was, there's no designed lock-out for larger than 6-man groups in most content from Adoulin forward.

Delve, WKR, Incursion, Vagary, UNMs, Escha, DM 2.0, Gates zone NMs... if you have 9 people in LS wanting to do something together, you CAN bring them all to any of those events, which is the majority of content released in the past couple years. The only significant post-Adoulin content that restricts to a 6-man max are high tier fights and Skirmish.

And while I don't particularly feel the Delve-style HP scaling is particularly great (absolutely agree that a smaller group of well geared players is usually MUCH easier than going with 15~18 and dragging along some dead weight), I respect that there was at least some effort to attempt some balancing. Similarly, difficulty levels for Skirmish, Incursion, HTBFs are a welcome addition showing a real development effort to allow groups of varying skill levels to actually do the content.

My point was mainly just that you're not really locked out of doing meaningful content just because you have 10 people wanting to go do something together. It's two events (Skirmish/High Tiers) that don't allow 7+, and there are even work-arounds like splitting into teams (and maybe filling with CPU-played trusts and/or lowering difficulty level to compensate). If your group doesn't LIKE the available content like Escha, or is sick and tired of Delve/Vagary... well, that's a different issue than "there's no content available for us".

Also, I think Cyleena and Sechs basically took it the way I intended, but my posts were mainly suggestions to try to give something to think about for group events (as I often run into the same issue with somewhere between 7~15 players showing up for LS events). We're still having a good time and managing to do a wide variety of stuff, I'm just trying to point out some suggestions of what we do in case others are in the same boat.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-27 14:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel that with Escha, scaling HP is only an issue because of the 15 minute time limit. To me, I'd rather have the difficulty be due to the enemies themselves, not an arbitrary time limit. It also doesn't help that the Escha NMs have fewer drops to split.

Even though Unity fights are structured very similarly to Escha NMs, the loot system is overall fairer (unless you have ***luck), though I'd prefer if they would give you the option to adjust Unity NM level for more prizes (like with Incursion).
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7