users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Ask the Mod: Terraka Edition
Ask the Mod: Terraka Edition
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-26 13:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
What thoughts/emotions drove you to create a thread such as this?

I was just going to let people get to know me as a person, not as a mod.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2015-05-26 13:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Terraka said: »
Bloodrose said: »
A few of us had actually re-iterated Lillica's questions without jumping down your throat with negativity, and even explained why we felt they were reasonable questions.

All Comeatmebro did was the same thing.

I haven't seen anyone else ask me those questions. Mostly everyone else asked who I was and where I came from and why I became a mod. I've already answered those questions, and it seems like some of you don't want to accept my answers.

If I keep getting the same questions regardless of reiteration, I'm just going to start to copy and paste my previous answers.
Perhaps it would behoove you to stop dismissing things you want to ignore, because it's not a good start. I have personally explained, on page 3, when it was asked, why they were reasonable questions, and why answering them was a good thing. You initially refused to answer, and even dodged the questions in full, saying they weren't fair. Need I go back and remind you? We had to wait for another day, and 3 pages later before they were finally answered.

Whether or not we believe the answers is irrelevant - the fact remains you still dodged them, which is what we expected of the old mods, and not the new one who professed to do things right. So copypaste all you want to avoid it. The posts are still there to be seen by all unless they get snipped or deleted.
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2015-05-26 13:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it okay if I just lurk here to read the passive aggressive post of the very territorial senior posters?
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-05-26 13:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said: »
Is it okay if I just lurk here to read the passive aggressive post of the very territorial senior posters?
get of mah lawn
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-26 13:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch out, someone might decide to pee on you to mark you.
[+]
By volkom 2015-05-26 13:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Only if you passive-aggressively lurk
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
Server: Ragnarok
user: Dianetix
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2015-05-26 13:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

A few of us had actually re-iterated Lillica's questions without jumping down your throat with negativity, and even explained why we felt they were reasonable questions.

All Comeatmebro did was the same thing.

Most likely received pressure from "elsewhere" to respond in an attempt to put some of the concern to rest.

On the bright side Terraka.. you have posted more in this thread than your tenure as a whole on the site. #postcountftw

Lol
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2015-05-26 13:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Only if you passive-aggressively lurk
I'm going to like your post then randomly 2 hours later unlike it. How's that?
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-26 13:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Whether or not we believe the answers is irrelevant - the fact remains you still dodged them, which is what we expected of the old mods, and not the new one who professed to do things right. So copypaste all you want to avoid it. The posts are still there to be seen by all unless they get snipped or deleted.

So you're still not satisfied that they've been answered? Better late than never.

Do you have any other questions to ask me? If not, please go elsewhere seeing as how this thread has already been derailed a few times from Ask the mod to interrogate the mod and back.
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-26 13:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just as long as you share the popcorn and watch out for the pee.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-05-26 13:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

srs question.
with the current status of the forum, the old, current, and future mods, rules in place, the posters and general reception...
how do you feel about Banana?
srs question is srs
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-26 13:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
srs question.
with the current status of the forum, the old, current, and future mods, rules in place, the posters and general reception...
how do you feel about Banana?
srs question is srs

How serious is this Banana? Is it Banana Phone serious or Gwen Stefani serious?
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-05-26 13:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

banana senpai srs
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-05-26 13:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys! Here's where you can get to know me by asking any questions that you can think of.

Rules:
  • 6 questions max, per post.

• Don't be stupid

• No hatred or being a know it all about something unrelated.

• Discussion about answers and questions is allowed.

So I guess this is no longer allowed? (oh look a question)

But opening up the floor for questions, means opening up the floor to be interrogated. As a mod, especially one who's already experienced being a mod, should know that. (Look, a discussion about the answers! Who knew?)

No one's been saying anything hateful, filled with hatred. We're literally just following the rules you set forth in this thread. So far, most things have been related to asking questions, or discussing answers and questions.

You want to learn and be a better mod for the sake of the site? Of course you do, it's the only answer acceptable by the users. And we *are* getting to know you from how well you answer questions, the references you get in them, and how much hand-waving dismissal is being used.

You wanted us to give you a chance. We agreed. You wanted us to keep an open mind. We are. However, we are not receiving the same "courtesy" you expect from those of us with rightful skepticism, and even brush it off as none of your concern. As a mod... It becomes your concern if the site and it's users can't trust the mods. New or old, it doesn't matter.

And again, whether we believe the answers you've given us doesn't matter. I already said you answered them. But it took some real pressure to even see honest and open answers as soon as real serious questions popped up. Which again, is what we expected of the old mods, but you claimed something else entirely, so at least have a mind open enough to understand that much.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2015-05-26 13:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I know the question we'd all like answered here.

Loop, swoop, and pull, or rabbit ears?
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2015-05-26 13:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

*sigh*
Memorial Day was yesterday, why is everyone still grilling?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXIV
By Terrah Crystal 2015-05-26 13:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG

*snickers*
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-26 13:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
banana senpai srs

Then I'm very serious about it! lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-26 13:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said: »
*sigh*
Memorial Day was yesterday, why is everyone still grilling?
because grilling is awesome. I remember going to a birthday party for this girl in HS and they all kinds of hamburgers and hotdogs and other stuff and then no one there knew how to grill... I didn't come here to work man! I don't want to get out of the pool!
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-26 13:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said: »
I think I know the question we'd all like answered here.

Loop, swoop, and pull, or rabbit ears?

Rabbit ears, because I'm a bunny!
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-05-26 13:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

iPhone or Android?

Import or muscle car?

What is your opinion on rusty spoons?
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-26 14:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys! Here's where you can get to know me by asking any questions that you can think of.

Rules:
  • 6 questions max, per post.

• Don't be stupid

• No hatred or being a know it all about something unrelated.

• Discussion about answers and questions is allowed.

So I guess this is no longer allowed? (oh look a question)

But opening up the floor for questions, means opening up the floor to be interrogated. As a mod, especially one who's already experienced being a mod, should know that. (Look, a discussion about the answers! Who knew?)

No one's been saying anything hateful, filled with hatred. We're literally just following the rules you set forth in this thread. So far, most things have been related to asking questions, or discussing answers and questions.

You want to learn and be a better mod for the sake of the site? Of course you do, it's the only answer acceptable by the users. And we *are* getting to know you from how well you answer questions, the references you get in them, and how much hand-waving dismissal is being used.

You wanted us to give you a chance. We agreed. You wanted us to keep an open mind. We are. However, we are not receiving the same "courtesy" you expect from those of us with rightful skepticism, and even brush it off as none of your concern. As a mod... It becomes your concern if the site and it's users can't trust the mods. New or old, it doesn't matter.

And again, whether we believe the answers you've given us doesn't matter. I already said you answered them. But it took some real pressure to even see honest and open answers as soon as real serious questions popped up. Which again, is what we expected of the old mods, but you claimed something else entirely, so at least have a mind open enough to understand that much.

Alright, I see where you're coming from and you're right. I should've answered them when they were asked and I'll be honest with you now. I was a little afraid to give my answers right away, seeing as how welcoming most people have been since the announcement was made. I felt like people would've been even more apprehensive towards me if I didn't have all those qualifications.

It was wrong of me to put the question on the back burner until today. I just hope you appreciate the honesty I just gave, whether or not you believe it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-26 14:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
You and your rusty spoons!

I get the reference though >.>
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-26 14:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
iPhone or Android?

Import or muscle car?

Android.
Muscle car
I like rusty spoons.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-05-26 14:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate the honesty, and it would have gone a long way from the beginning.

There those of us who are going to hold you to the professionalism you talked about bringing, primarily because the other mods have lost that kind of faith that we can keep them honest.

I know it sounds like I'm personally grilling you harder than you deserve to be, and I probably am, but keep in mind I have my reasons, even if you don't understand them, know what they are, etc.

A lot of us appreciate the honesty, but I will say this: Do not make a habit of "better late than never", because sometimes being late... may as well be never. As some of us have already experienced.

So, are you saying you don't have the qualifications or experience? because from the questions here and the comment sin the New Mod thread, you said you were still learning to be a mod.
 Siren.Dameion
Server: Siren
By Siren.Dameion 2015-05-26 14:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Goku Or Vegeta?! Please choose very carefully...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-26 14:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Dameion said: »
Goku Or Vegeta?! Please choose very carefully...
Sailor Jupiter.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9