First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-05-25 20:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Terraka said: »
Grumpy Cat said: »
1. Do you have any experience moderating forums?
2. Do you have any experience with web programming?
3. Do you have any experience in website administration?
4. Do you have any experience in customer service?
5. Do you have any experience managing personnel?
6. Do you have any actual experience that you feel qualifies you for a moderator position other than "I watched my hubby do it"?

Nice to meet you btw, I am sometimes known as Lillica.

Wait a minute. A job interview after I already have the job? o.o That's not how this works! That's not how any of this works!

If I am not mistaken, you are on a probationary period.

Can I assume the answers are all no then?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-25 20:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

you can get to know me

1) Do you think that "who are you and where did you come from" are unfair questions, given that anyone who hasn't spent the last month in RT has never seen you before today?

2) If yes, why would you take a high profile position as a virtual unknown?

I'm not trying to be difficult, but you've dodged a completely legitimate and expected question in an AMA (the explicit purpose of which is to learn who you are) a couple of times, which is frankly way sketchier than any concerns over the hiring process
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-25 20:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
A woman on the internet?! What manner of sorcery is this?

I'm an interdimensional traveler from an all female dimension, I didn't realize there's a dimension where women weren't allowed online.
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-25 20:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

6. Do you have any actual experience that you feel qualifies you for a moderator position other than "I watched my hubby do it"?

Wait a minute. A job interview after I already have the job? o.o That's not how this works! That's not how any of this works!

Yes I am on a probationary period. And no, you can't assume that. Don't you know what they say about assuming?
By Grumpy Cat 2015-05-25 20:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I am on a probationary period. And no, you can't assume that. Don't you know what they say about assuming?

I guess the saying is spot on being that you have assumed the position of moderator.
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-25 20:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
you can get to know me

1) Do you think that "who are you and where did you come from" are unfair questions, given that anyone who hasn't spent the last month in RT has never seen you before today?

2) If yes, why would you take a high profile position as a virtual unknown?

I'm not trying to be difficult, but you've dodged a completely legitimate and expected question in an AMA (the explicit purpose of which is to learn who you are) a couple of times, which is frankly way sketchier than any concerns over the hiring process

No, who I am and where I came from are completely fair questions to ask, but I enjoy my anonymity to an extent. As time goes on, you all will find out who I am.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-05-25 20:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I'm tired I thought your avatar was a fish for some reason
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-25 20:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess the saying is spot on being that you have assumed the position of moderator.

Thanks for letting the world know something that's already happened. If I don't work out, at least there'll be an open position for anyone who wants it.

But be forewarned, I hear many people have instant negative reactions.
By Grumpy Cat 2015-05-25 21:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You still haven't answered any of those questions.
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-25 21:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Because I know exactly what you're trying to do and I'm not going to give in to it.

You're trying to discredit Scragg and the other moderators choice to choose me as a mod.

No matter my response, you'll still feel the same way you do now about me, until I can prove myself to be a successful mod. In my opinion, none of those questions matter to my true ability. I could've been a mod for 10 years prior to this; but that doesn't experience doesn't always mean a person is "good"

And honestly, regardless of my answer to your questions, every single one of you who already do not like me, still wont like me until I prove that I'm a good mod.

With the reputation of mods already tarnished, it already seems like I'll instantly be a terrible mod without being given a chance to prove myself.

So let me prove myself without being barraged the instant I become one.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2015-05-25 21:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't trying to discredit anyone, I was just trying to point out that the only reason you have the mod position is because you are Aelius' fiancee.

Edit: Also I chose these questions for a very specific reasons. They are very similar if not identical to the questions posed in a Moderator application questionnaire that was posted by the same team that unanimously agreed you should be a moderator. I am sure the same questions were asked of you before the position was granted and no special considerations took place due to your relationship status with a current moderator.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2015-05-25 21:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate to intervene, but, I mean... do ANY of the mods have a majority of those qualifications? (Or, a better question, did any of them have those qualifications when they started?)

I get it, I do. She's new. She's relatively unknown. We don't like authority, and we sure as hell don't like change, and we don't like it when someone appears to be getting special treatment. (Although I'd hardly think taking that job is "special." More like "torture," really.)

But we got used to all the other mods, and now we'd be a little lost without them. Why would this one be any different? Why wouldn't we get used to her, and come to depend on her, too? I mean, unless we just straight up refuse to even let her try, that is.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2015-05-25 21:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

A/S/L? :D

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
A woman on the internet?! What manner of sorcery is this?

I'm an interdimensional traveler from an all female dimension, I didn't realize there's a dimension where women weren't allowed online.

What he's trying to say is...

[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-25 21:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't trying to discredit anyone, I was just trying to point out that the only reason you have the mod position is because you are Aelius' fiancee.

Who I'm with has nothing to do with why I'm a mod. I saw they (the other mods) needed some help, and I offered my services.

How you knew this information, I really don't care. But it seems the moderators need to control what they say to everyone. And I really don't appreciate being called someone I'm not (a.k.a Faelar) so if this place had less accusations it would be a better place, and less moderation would be needed.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-05-25 21:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Because I know exactly what you're trying to do and I'm not going to give in to it.

You're trying to discredit Scragg and the other moderators choice to choose me as a mod.

No matter my response, you'll still feel the same way you do now about me, until I can prove myself to be a successful mod. In my opinion, none of those questions matter to my true ability. I could've been a mod for 10 years prior to this; but that doesn't experience doesn't always mean a person is "good"

And honestly, regardless of my answer to your questions, every single one of you who already do not like me, still wont like me until I prove that I'm a good mod.

With the reputation of mods already tarnished, it already seems like I'll instantly be a terrible mod without being given a chance to prove myself.

So let me prove myself without being barraged the instant I become one.
Answering those questions honestly and fairly would go a long way into proving yourself to the community. They really aren't unfair questions to ask, or to answer.
By Grumpy Cat 2015-05-25 21:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Who I'm with has nothing to do with why I'm a mod. I saw they (the other mods) needed some help, and I offered my services.

How you knew this information, I really don't care. But it seems the moderators need to control what they say to everyone. And I really don't appreciate being called someone I'm not (a.k.a Faelar) so if this place had less accusations it would be a better place, and less moderation would be needed.

Edit: Also I chose these questions for a very specific reasons. They are very similar if not identical to the questions posed in a Moderator application questionnaire that was posted by the same team that unanimously agreed you should be a moderator. I am sure the same questions were asked of you before the position was granted and no special considerations took place due to your relationship status with a current moderator.

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-25 21:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Schizm said: »
While I might not have questions as brutal as some questions, I would like to ask a few myself, pass on them if you want, moderator will mod...

1) What was your first video game console/experience?
2) Do you have or had a particular favorite podcast? (It could be of video games, hobbies or whatever interests you have..)

3) Do you have experience or interest in computer science or tech dev/research?

4) Do you have a favorite book or story?

5) Do you have a favorite movie?

6) Fun question: Do you think our future will be:
-Future will be bright and the world will be as one
-AI computers and killing Terminators
-Human race will search the stars for other planets to colonize
-Aliens will visit us, good or bad

1. Zombies Ate My Neighbors on Super Nintendo.
2. Not really pod casts, but I do enjoy Rob Dyke's Seriously Strange and Top Tens video series on Youtube.
3. Not computer science persay, but I do enjoy forensic sciences.
4. Yes I do, but you wouldn't be interested in knowing the title, it's a historical romance.
5. I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many favorite movies lol.
6. I think in the future, they'll be everything except the first one, with the way we're going with wars and everything, the world will be even more divided.
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-25 21:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You keep going back to my relationship, as I've said before, that has nothing to do with why I became a mod.

I OFFERED to become a mod KNOWING that the mods have had several unfortunate instances where they've lost some respect. I OFFERED to help them earn that respect back. If Scragg would've said no, I don't want her to be a mod, I would've been perfectly okay.

I didn't force them to pick me, I simply said "If you guys ever needed help, I'll try my best to help."

Never once did I think they would take me up on my offer.

Edit: By the way, the application only has two of your 6 questions on there. This will be my last post about it. I'm dropping it and it would be fully appreciated that you do the same.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-25 21:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What is your viewpoints on our current trends in the country?

If you had the power to do something about anything you dislike, what would you do and how would it effect the rest of society, in your own words.

Do you agree with the current progressive tax system, or you do want a lesser confusing system proposed by the "flat tax" idealists?

Which city is the best in the US, and what quality do you think it holds the most of?

If you can travel back in time to any age for any reason, what year would it be and why?

If you had a million billion dollars, tax free, to spend, what is the first thing you would spend it on? Assuming your debts are freed. (Million dollars is just too small, bumped it up to a billion)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-05-25 21:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Answering those questions honestly and fairly would go a long way into proving yourself to the community. They really aren't unfair questions to ask, or to answer.

Maybe, but honestly it feels like a few are treating ask the mod as interrogate the mod. If anyone has a problem with the way she was made a mod, that should be taken up with the admins but harassing her isn't really a good way to share that criticism.

I'm a bit taken aback at the response to this whole thing. I understand that we look at this as a home and we care a lot about what happens to it and I understand that people have some problems with the moderation in the past but we don't really know what all happened in the backend. Perhaps the problem is that not very many people are willing to help and given this reception I can see why.

I think it's safe to say we could use another mod, heck, perhaps a few and if it doesn't work out that's fine but for the site's sake let's try to be nice.
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-25 21:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
What is your viewpoints on our current trends in the country?

If you had the power to do something about anything you dislike, what would you do and how would it effect the rest of society, in your own words.

Do you agree with the current progressive tax system, or you do want a lesser confusing system proposed by the "flat tax" idealists?

Which city is the best in the US, and what quality do you think it holds the most of?

If you can travel back in time to any age for any reason, what year would it be and why?

If you had a million billion dollars, tax free, to spend, what is the first thing you would spend it on? Assuming your debts are freed. (Million dollars is just too small, bumped it up to a billion)

Hello Miss America questions lol.

Economy wise, the tends seem to be getting slightly better with the drop in unemployment.

If I could so something about anything I disliked I would first stop worrying and competing with countries like China and focus more on improving the well-being of America (helping cut homlessness down, working more on bettering our economy)

I don't know much about the tax system so...Free ponies for everyone?

No city is truly the "best" they all have their problems and issues.

If I could travel back in time, I'd love to go back to the 15th or 16th centuries, just because those times fascinate me.

The first thing I would spend it on would be giving my parents a million of that for putting up with my shenanigans for 18+ years. But after that, I'd buy plane tickets to all the countries I've always wanted to visit.
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-25 22:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Bloodrose said: »

Maybe, but honestly it feels like a few are treating ask the mod as interrogate the mod. If anyone has a problem with the way she was made a mod, that should be taken up with the admins but harassing her isn't really a good way to share that criticism.

I'm a bit taken aback at the response to this whole thing. I understand that we look at this as a home and we care a lot about what happens to it and I understand that people have some problems with the moderation in the past but we don't really know what all happened in the backend. Perhaps the problem is that not very many people are willing to help and given this reception I can see why.

I think it's safe to say we could use another mod, heck, perhaps a few and if it doesn't work out that's fine but for the site's sake let's try to be nice.

Thank you for the support. It's nice to know there's at least a few people open enough to give me a chance. :)
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-05-25 22:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on people's complaints in the other thread and here, everyone wants a new mod, that's exactly the point. But people want a mod that isn't biased right out of the box.

Not saying she is, but being the fiancée of an already existing mod that may not be respected/have any credibility for a reason or another removes pretty much all the credibility she has right off the bat and doesn't fill the need of the forums. All of that based on the complaints posts, once again.

So you can hardly act surprised when people are being a bit offensive or seriously doubting her.

Just explaining something logically understood reading this thread and the other, not accusing her/the other person of anything as I have no idea of what happened. I don't have any complaints toward moderation personally, but at the same time I hardly get into drama.
By Jetackuu 2015-05-25 22:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

that should be taken up with the admins
It's been stated numerous times to not bother the admins, even if you have a problem with a moderator.

That's the sad state of the site.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-25 22:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Do you shudder at the thought of having to moderate P&R?

2. What color is your favorite flavor?

3. If you were force to listen to one Guns N' Roses song on repeat for an entire day, which would you pick?

4. Of all the posters on the site with "avael" in their name, who do you like the most?

BONUS DOUBLE QUESTION
5. Who is your favorite Sailor Scout? How about My Little Pony character?
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9