Where is the starting moogle?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-17 12:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So is there any point in doing this event? Tried to do it but no progress got made, from what I could ascertain, success will only happen if:

1) You have a low amount of people co-ordinating skillchains.
2) You have a *** load of people and just spam WS to reach the 200 limit.

whereas the most common situation is:

3) Somwhere in the middle of 1 and 2 who spam WS and reach no objective and the Behemoth doesn't die.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-17 13:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Where is the starting moogle?

In the starting cities- Bastok's is in Markets near the AH.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-05-17 15:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
So is there any point in doing this event? Tried to do it but no progress got made, from what I could ascertain, success will only happen if:

1) You have a low amount of people co-ordinating skillchains.
2) You have a *** load of people and just spam WS to reach the 200 limit.

whereas the most common situation is:

3) Somwhere in the middle of 1 and 2 who spam WS and reach no objective and the Behemoth doesn't die.
Solo it. I tried in Ronfaure, got 0 progress. Said *** it, went to Bastok and completed it alone within 1,5 Behemoth.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-17 15:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I worked out a while ago it could be soloed but right now there are people doing the event in all 3 areas :/
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-05-17 15:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bastok/Windurst were completely empty yesterday, a few hours from now. That's the safest bet which isn't the best for EUs.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-17 16:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank God that's over, tbh it probably wasn't worse than the moogle vs goblins event.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-05-17 16:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone gotten heroic, killed it and not gotten any reward? My wife's on her 3rd round now with no rewards at all.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-17 16:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Has anyone gotten heroic, killed it and not gotten any reward? My wife's on her 3rd round now with no rewards at all.
Sounds bizarre, the first kill should grant you the vanaclock after you talk to the moogle, once you reach heroic you should get the cipher off the moogle without needing to kill the behemoth.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-05-17 16:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

That's how it happened with both of my chars. But on both of hers she isn't getting them. We think it may have something to do with his spamming thunderbolt and dispelling her moogle magic?
 Bismarck.Phetty
Server: Bismarck
user: Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2015-05-17 16:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It died shortly after I got my heroic reward and moogle didn't give me anything else. Pretty sure Kupofried is the final reward.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-05-17 16:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phetty said: »
It died shortly after I got my heroic reward and moogle didn't give me anything else. Pretty sure Kupofried is the final reward.
She never got the clock NOR the cipher. That's the problem. I think when she got hit by thunderbolt it borked her event status and they killed it when her status was off I guess. It was at 1% so it was hard to tell.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-05-17 17:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

K, confirmed. That's what it was. When the behemoth begins charging thunderbolt, run farther than 20' If you are within 20 then you'll get hit and it'll bork your moogle magic and you'll have to go get it back. Early on that doesn't much matter but later it can *** you out of a kill. So be cautious. Once she killed it while retaining status, she got both items.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2015-05-17 17:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

are there any rewards past cipher & clock?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-05-17 17:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The moogle specifically says when you get the cipher that they have no more rewards to offer you but your aid is welcome. I haven't personally tested it but I have absolutely NO will to do so. This event is horrible.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-05-17 17:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, so then where do you get the Meteor suit?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-17 17:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
are there any rewards past cipher & clock?
After checking, and from others as well, the answer is no. Get the trust and clock, and no need to go back unless you want to work on a Trial weapon. The 119 Behemoth suit is almost certainly from Escha - Zi'Tah.
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2015-05-17 18:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a little question: why are people spanning Spirit Taker? It has no skillchain properties at all.
 Fenrir.Heretic
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Heretic 2015-05-17 18:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Tossed the clock and behe +1 equipment on a mule before realizing the clock might have been worth something; anyone able to reobtain either of them?
 Asura.Lucidreams
Server: Asura
By Asura.Lucidreams 2015-05-17 18:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

On Asura, everyone grouped up in West Sarutabaruta doing the 200 ws objective. Skillchains? Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

Got my clock and trust in a half hour
By Rumblepakk 2015-05-17 18:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Im so confused at the 200 weapon skill thing. it says I had like.. 60 out of 200. then itll say 0.. then itll say 67. i totally did more than that
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-05-17 19:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumblepakk said: »
Im so confused at the 200 weapon skill thing. it says I had like.. 60 out of 200. then itll say 0.. then itll say 67. i totally did more than that
I didn't continue enough to be able to tell why it does that but I can say anytime it says that, your points have not been reset and it's just wrong. I've never seen it say an actual number and be wrong though. So feel free to just completely ignore those 0's.

Edit: Oh also I should mention that I'm fairly sure you are talking about the First part where you do it alone and the NPC's are WS you. In that case it's only 100 points, not 200 ws or even 100 ws.

The second part where you are fighting the behemoth is where it will ask you to do X number of ws's. This number is based on the total number of players with the moogle magic up. For each player it's 10 ws. So if you have 5 players with moogle magic up, you'll need 50 ws. If you have 20, you'll need 200 but if you go beyond that you still cap at 200.
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-05-17 19:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't continue enough to be able to tell why it does that but I can say anytime it says that, your points have not been reset and it's just wrong. I've never seen it say an actual number and be wrong though. So feel free to just completely ignore those o's.
It doesn't count *your* WS, it counts the group total, and it resets every minute.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-05-17 19:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vafruvant said: »
I didn't continue enough to be able to tell why it does that but I can say anytime it says that, your points have not been reset and it's just wrong. I've never seen it say an actual number and be wrong though. So feel free to just completely ignore those o's.
It doesn't count *your* WS, it counts the group total, and it resets every minute.
I edited my post but I'm thinking he's talking about the first section not the second one. I never experienced the 0's on the second one.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-05-17 19:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoping I'm not the only one, but how does one even qualify to beat on the Behemoth? I got the costume, got told to get 20+ on the basic training and got 37, and got told to get 20 on the challenge and built it up to that by brute forcing it, but the NPC outside doesn't think I'm qualified enough to wail on a Behe with the rest of them.

What am I doing wrong?
 Asura.Lucidreams
By Asura.Lucidreams 2015-05-17 20:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to get 200 WS's in before the one minute timer hits 0.
Which is why most servers all gang up on a behe in one zone.

Least that's how Asura is doing it.
 Leviathan.Tribalprophet
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tribalprophet 2015-05-17 21:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
All of the NPC's around behemoth spam weaponskills too. You're supposed to pay attention to the NPC's around and WS off them. I can have my mule and me on it and do perfectly timed weapon skills over and over and over and like 1 in 3 go through sometimes.

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
Hoping I'm not the only one, but how does one even qualify to beat on the Behemoth? I got the costume, got told to get 20+ on the basic training and got 37, and got told to get 20 on the challenge and built it up to that by brute forcing it, but the NPC outside doesn't think I'm qualified enough to wail on a Behe with the rest of them.

What am I doing wrong?

You need 100 points to get the behemoth suit +1. Wearing that you talk to the moogle outside town.

Yes. 20 points in 1 try, or 100 cumulative points.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-05-17 23:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I just had one of those so stupid it's smart moments, and thought "What if you take a WS latent weapon into this event?"

Anyone wanna science it for the rest of us?