First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 20 21 22
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-02 18:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I like to code. Lua has its annoyances, and testing organizer is hilariously awful, but I do genuinely enjoy the process. It's just on hold a little so I can let organizer settle, and do some other stuff. This weekend is probably a good timeframe for it, and that's without going crazy about it (in which case it'd happen tonight, since the code is mostly done and it's a relatively simple thing to test).
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
Server: Carbuncle
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2015-06-03 06:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way for me to achieve the following, using Organizer?

Being on a job (WHM, for example) and having most of my gear on Wardrobe (80/80) and some other gear on inventory (12/80) because I use 92 pieces of gear for WHM. Then, I would like to switch to, let's say, THF which would use like 75 inventory spaces.

Is there a way to put on the config that would do something like:

1) Take away all of the non-used gear from inventory AND wardrobe into, let's say, mog safe, mog safe 2 and case for WHM. 2) And then, put the gear for THF into wardrobe so I would end up with my empty inventory but still carrying all my gear for that job, leaving a lot of free space for farming mats, etc.

Can I achieve this? Right now, it seems that every time I use //gs org it will just take from inventory but leave my wardrobe as it is (which is "fine", I have most of my all-jobs-shared gear in there, but there are also certain gear that I would like to be taken out of there if not needed for the current job).
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-03 07:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So, you can replicate that with the vanilla organizer workflow, since its purpose is to snapshot your inventory (or inventories) and restore them as close to the snapshot as it can.

Get things exactly how you want them on a particular job, //org freeze, and then later, //org o.
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
Server: Carbuncle
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2015-06-03 09:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
So, you can replicate that with the vanilla organizer workflow, since its purpose is to snapshot your inventory (or inventories) and restore them as close to the snapshot as it can.

Get things exactly how you want them on a particular job, //org freeze, and then later, //org o.

Thanks! This would only be an issue when I add new gear for any job, to make sure to always add a new freeze status, but looks like it could work. The beauty of //gs org is that it works whenever you add new gear to your .lua file :)

I will take a look and see if this is my best way to go. Appreciate the advise!
By Sidiov 2015-06-03 13:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you end up in one of those nervous energy phases and need to find more to do, how about making it work with the mog garden porter moogle!

the slip resources are defined already iirc, and you could pull the relevant slip and gear to inv, and trade them in batches to the moogle (not sure if auto trading is OK with windower policy...)
I'm not sure how to pull the items outside of a slow text search, but simply auto-storing would be pretty awesome.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-03 14:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that one's unlikely to happen.

Greyness of the issue aside, it would be a remarkably complicated (and potentially dangerous) workflow. Organizer already has to do a lot of juggling around in relatively safe conditions (move packets can't drop things, etc). Even getting a small thing wrong causes crashes, etc.

I do give you the "retain" option to keep all your slippable stuff handy (thank Valefor.Kensagaku) and in inventory, for easier trading, but it's highly unlikely to be automated. Sorry.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-08 13:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

When I use organizer with my THF lua it keeps reporting that 1 item is missing, what does that mean exactly? I thought it was because there was something in the lua file that I didn't actually have but it turned out I had several items in there that I didn't have.

It's not a huge deal as I can just ignore it but it makes me wonder if I'm missing something.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-08 14:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
When I use organizer with my THF lua it keeps reporting that 1 item is missing, what does that mean exactly? I thought it was because there was something in the lua file that I didn't actually have but it turned out I had several items in there that I didn't have.

It's not a huge deal as I can just ignore it but it makes me wonder if I'm missing something.

The missing/failures dialog is for things it actually found but couldn't move - what item is missing? Is it an accessory?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-08 14:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't tell what's missing, it doesn't say and I have no idea. Apart from things in my storage slips everything should be movable.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-08 14:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm yeah did that, it wasn't finding my dark ring, which is also set up as a variable which I guess might have been the issue.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-08 14:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm yeah did that, it wasn't finding my dark ring, which is also set up as a variable which I guess might have been the issue.

Do you use it in two different slots? It treats that as two items (there's reasons for this that aren't worth going into). That's why I wondered if it was an accessory (since earrings and rings can both do that).
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-08 14:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I do seem to have it in either ring slot across my lua file.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-08 14:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I do seem to have it in either ring slot across my lua file.

That'll do it. It's a gearswap internal mechanic, not part of organizer at all, and it's done (iirc) to simplify the logic around having two slots with the same class of item.
By ibm2431 2015-06-09 13:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks,

One thing that always bothered the hell out of me with Gear Collector was it spewing random trash all over my inventories. This was compounded when I'd need to quickly change jobs without proper time to clean up the inventory before degearing the current job. Then every so often I'd need to sit down for an hour or two to hunt down all the trash to reclaim some of my storage space - finding that single Shivite in my Mog Locker, 3 Airlixirs in my Storage, and crystals, crystals everywhere!.

I finally got Organizer working today (after a couple weeks doing manual gearing since it wasn't working for me before), and was disheartened to see that it has the same behavior.

So could I request a (presumably) simple check to see if an item is an actual piece of gear before dumping it? Can be a flag in settings for "ignore_nonwearables". Putting in that if check would save me so much time and hassle!

edit: It may be worth mentioning that this is with //gs org. I don't know how Organizer behaves with Freeze/Thaw.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-09 13:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ibm2431 said: »
Rooks,

One thing that always bothered the hell out of me with Gear Collector was it spewing random trash all over my inventories. This was compounded when I'd need to quickly change jobs without proper time to clean up the inventory before degearing the current job. Then every so often I'd need to sit down for an hour or two to hunt down all the trash to reclaim some of my storage space - finding that single Shivite in my Mog Locker, 3 Airlixirs in my Storage, and crystals, crystals everywhere!.

I finally got Organizer working today (after a couple weeks doing manual gearing since it wasn't working for me before), and was disheartened to see that it has the same behavior.

So could I request a (presumably) simple check to see if an item is an actual piece of gear before dumping it? Can be a flag in settings for "ignore_nonwearables". Putting in that if check would save me so much time and hassle!

edit: It may be worth mentioning that this is with //gs org. I don't know how Organizer behaves with Freeze/Thaw.

Freeze/thaw is just snapshotting. It'll try and put back everything exactly where it was, and ignore things it doesn't know about (as best it can).

Your suggestion sounds like a reasonable candidate for the <retain> section, though. I'll have a look later tonight and see what I can do.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-09 13:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
His request is basically the same as mine earlier, before deciding which bag to put something in when moving it out of your inventory, make a check and see if any bags have that item, and if it does move it to that bag instead of whatever bag you were going to move it to. Would be nice if there's multiple bags with that item, to move it to the one with the most and warn about the fact your stuff is spread all over too, but just the first part would be awesome. Stage 3 would be sorting your entire inventory for you based on setting preferences. But even the first part would be great and is by far less disruptive to people's preferences.

I read them totally differently, actually. Yours I read as "find a stack of something and put it there" and his as "Just don't move non-gear out of my inventory at all" which is vastly simpler and requires far fewer moving parts.

Both are on the table, but I can probably do this version very quickly/safely, since it uses existing mechanisms. Consolidate is much thornier, specifically because dealing with stackable items was the source of at least two fairly obnoxious crash bugs (the last two I fixed were both related to that).
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-09 13:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, value in both, as they solve different problems.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-09 14:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So, his version was vastly simpler than even I expected it to be. I finished it on a conference call, so turns out those are good for something.

It's in the dev windower now. In the <retain> section, just add <items>true</items> and it'll work.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-09 14:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Day-job wise, I'm a consultant, and double-billing like that is not only common, but completely legitimate if you're providing value in both cases. I'm getting a project completed and answering questions. Why should my ability to multitask be penalized?
By ibm2431 2015-06-10 11:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Rooks! You have no idea how much stress you just took off my FFXI life!
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-10 11:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

\o/

Let me know if you have any issues with it. There's a bunch of stuff in the dev windower that hasn't gone to live yet for good reasons, but maybe I'll make vetting that out a priority today.

//org consolidate is next, though given that this solves some of the use cases for it, I'll likely prioritize AH work for the time being.

Thanks again for your suggestion!
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 20 21 22