Forum » FFXI » General » May Update Trailer is Live
May Update Trailer is Live
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-05-14 11:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It takes *literally* (to be said in a Chris Traeger voice) an hour to do that map quest these days.

I used to even do it on mules yonks ago just for the easy free gil. When 30k/hour gil was good going solo.
And everyone and his grandad over-camped those dozen leeches out in Bubu bragging they were on 50k/hour.
[+]
By Zombie6269 2015-05-14 11:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
Did you ever consider going to Mhaura if you can't get the Selbina half?

I tried Mhaura but had no luck there. I just sucked it up and started monument hunting. It's long and boring, but seems like no other choice but to get through it.
By Zombie6269 2015-05-14 11:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Frankbrodie said: »
It takes *literally* (to be said in a Chris Traeger voice) an hour to do that map quest these days.

Maybe if you use clipper it can be done in an hour, but no one is getting back and forth between 17 zones and selbina each time w/o 3rd party help. I said before my only aid is crimson and flee every 5 minutes. Not that I'm knocking anybody for speeding through ***their own way, I'm just saying I don't have/use it, so its the slow old fashion way for me.
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-05-14 11:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Zombie6269 said: »

I tried Mhaura but had no luck there. I just sucked it up and started monument hunting. It's long and boring, but seems like no other choice but to get through it.

I have never finished the quest you are talking about having had to finish, and I was able to do the Mhaura route just fine.

Did you get the 'initial' cutscene for that mission step in Selbina? Because that would indicate that the town you get the cutscene in locks and forces you in to do that specific town.
By Zombie6269 2015-05-14 11:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never finished the quest you are talking about having had to finish, and I was able to do the Mhaura route just fine.

Did you get the 'initial' cutscene for that mission step in Selbina? Because that would indicate that the town you get the cutscene in locks and forces you in to do that specific town.

I did get the initial cs in Selbina, so it seems to lock the town based on that. I got no cs when I tried to go to Mhaura.
 Cerberus.Lasareth
Server: Cerberus
user: lasareth
By Cerberus.Lasareth 2015-05-14 12:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think your problem is you tried taking to the mayor. To do the new mission quest you need to talk to the receptionist and choose the option with "adventurer". I had the same worry but you can do it with the clay quest active.
By Remedy 2015-05-14 12:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Got the CS upon entering Selbina, talked to the NPC in Mayor's building and got the Mission "Set Free" and i still have the CN map quest in my log and have not touched it. Only thing is i can't figure out what to do once i obtained the 3 pollen and dew.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-14 12:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Give the item requested to the mayor, then talk to Gilgamesh' underling that should be somewhere outside.
 Lakshmi.Ashtopcat
Server: Lakshmi
user: ashtopcat
By Lakshmi.Ashtopcat 2015-05-14 12:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

that's pacomart - right next to the boat to get a trip to norg
By Remedy 2015-05-14 12:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, never phased me to trade them to the mayor lol XD
By Zombie6269 2015-05-14 12:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, this whole time I was being told you had to talk to the mayor before anyone /sigh. I'm on the right path now lol.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-14 14:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf its been d/l all night and says 2 hrs 50 min left?
 Odin.Brahk
Server: Odin
user: Brahk
By Odin.Brahk 2015-05-14 14:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
wtf its been d/l all night and says 2 hrs 50 min left?

Yea...I started it 6 hours ago and it still says 4 hours left. dafuq...
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-14 14:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That's crazy. I started the version update before leaving for work this morning and it was completed 2 hours ago.

You guys on Comcast? ;)
 Odin.Brahk
By Odin.Brahk 2015-05-14 14:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
You guys on Comcast? ;)

Yea. Started it this morning when I woke up, went out and came back and like I said, still lots left. I'm afraid to stop it and restart...I guess I'll just knock out some other things I need to do and come back in a few hours.
By Luminohelix 2015-05-14 14:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Comcast though.. :3
Took about 2 1/2 hours to download when I started at 0830 CST.
By Chimerawizard 2015-05-14 14:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I grabbed the zip on bg forums...
35 files to download with a download time of 48 minutes.
3 files down in 20 minutes, all of them music0XX.bgw
are bgw files even that large?!
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-14 15:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone figure out how to start "flames of pyarer" for misison 1-1?

it says start flames of prayer by any area ajoining Moh house from starter citys
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-14 15:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

i had to cancel the update then started it again and it said it was finished.... maybe there some bug on it?
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-05-14 16:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

7 hours for download to finish....
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-14 16:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy *** those KIs were easy as hell to get.
 Odin.Brahk
By Odin.Brahk 2015-05-14 16:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I downloaded the files from a link I found on BG Forums, copied them over then it took 15 minutes to check files/update.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2015-05-14 17:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm gonna have to finish the quest. It's just a lot of stupid running around and waste of time. I don't clipper my way through the game like a lot of people seem to do these days, so running end to end through 15 zones for a map I don't need is just /wrists lol.
It would just have been nice had SE noted there would need to be previous quests completed to progress through the story. I could have had it long done had I known it was going to be needed..... 10 years down the road.
You've had 10 years to finish it up. I wouldn't call SE the stupid ones. And the "hard" ones are trivial at this point. Can easily warp to the back exit to garlaige. Warp to LaTheine from Jeuno. Only one that might be more than 5 minutes away is Batallia if you never did it at the same time as Sandoria missions.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-05-14 18:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Verohawke said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder
I am and was yelling load with my window open. saying no this signs the end of this great great game. I hope se sees the error in there ways and keeps it going when it only gos to pc and adds more things for us to do. But i think the story is done for good no o this is what happened at the end of the what we said was the end of the story thing.

I hope they put more work in to this then seekers story. seekers story is not bad but there is next to no fights. Yes they have fights but they are not that hard i would think i play pld so on my end i got it covered but i never ever want to see this game end. Thats just me.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-05-14 18:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Brahk said: »
I downloaded the files from a link I found on BG Forums, copied them over then it took 15 minutes to check files/update.
can you link me to the files please. and what do i need a step by step of what i need to copy over and where please.
 Odin.Brahk
By Odin.Brahk 2015-05-14 18:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
can you link me to the files please. and what do i need a step by step of what i need to copy over and where please.

Sure thing. Here's the link I followed to BG:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/125605-Request-May-Update-files-zipped?p=6422796&viewfull=1#post6422796

Raithen provides the link and a few posts down Maurauc gives these steps:

Open the zip folder in one window, head into the FFXI folder so you can see ROM0, ROM1, ROM2.. etc.
Go into your Hard Drive in a second window, go to Program Files, Playonline, Square Enix, FFXI, and you should see a similar folder structure.
Highlight everything in the zip file, and drag onto an empty space on the other window.
Give it a minute or two to move the files over.
Open POL, have drastically reduced download times.
By protectorchrono 2015-05-14 18:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a protip: To get access to the Second Floor of the Mog House, you need to complete 3 quests and acquire 3 Flower items from the Upper Jeuno Flower Shop. The quests are:

1. Growing Flowers: Kuu Mohzolhi - Northern San d'Oria (F-7) (Need Marguerite Flower)

2. A Lady's Heart: Valah Molkot - Port Bastok (J-12) (Amaryllis Flower)

3. Flower Child: Ojha Rhawash - Windurst Walls (C-13) (Lilac Flower)

Hope this helps.

Edit: Was expecting them to put stairs in the first floor of the house to enter the second floor but it's just a click first door to enter second floor deal...kinda disappointed but take what you can get. :/
[+]
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2015-05-14 19:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hokay, I'm full of noobcake. I can access the second floor of my mog house, but how do I decorate it?

I tried removing the item from my first floor, selecting "Layout" again, and re-placing them in the mog. There's a weird red outline around the stuff, but I can't see how to move it to the other floor.

I do like that I can change the style between the three cities with the Remodel button. Just gotta figure out how to stuff buckettons of furnishings in it now!

EDIT: Never mind! I (and by "I," I mean "Rues") figured it out in about 2 seconds of fiddling. You have to take the stuff out of your house and into your mog safe (or mog safe 2,) go to the second floor, hit your -, go down to mog house, then choose layout from there.

I derped it hard by not getting it sooner. My bad!
By Zombie6269 2015-05-14 20:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
You've had 10 years to finish it up. I wouldn't call SE the stupid ones. And the "hard" ones are trivial at this point. Can easily warp to the back exit to garlaige. Warp to LaTheine from Jeuno. Only one that might be more than 5 minutes away is Batallia if you never did it at the same time as Sandoria missions.

Yes, clearly I'm stupid for not finishing a quest from 10 years ago that was a complete waste of time back then. I was given bad information anyway, the quest didn't actually need to be finished. If your going to come in and make douche bag comments, at least keep up with the conversation sport.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8