Are Men Going Their Own Way? (MGTOW)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Are men going their own way? (MGTOW)
Are men going their own way? (MGTOW)
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
By fillerbunny9 2015-05-09 16:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
I'm definitely not a feminist, but I'm all for equality.

At issue is that modern feminism has hijacked the movement in favor of female superiority, because putting the same shoe on the other foot as "payback" for the ills of the past is apparently modern equality.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-09 16:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Equality in general, read the next sentence.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-09 17:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Btw, I bet 10 cookies this is Altima again in his third incarnation.
Who, the OP? Can't be, this guy registered in 2009.
By rkhan 2015-05-09 18:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That was the case when you had people like Christina Hoff Sommers as the main voice of feminism, but modern feminism really is about inequality.

I'll believe that modern feminists are all for equality, when they stop blaming all of the worlds problems on men and the patriarchy.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-05-09 18:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Yea, but it's on a server that no longer exists(Hades). His only other post was also in 2015, and also a topic that sounds like Altima. On top of that, Altima's original character was on hades before it was forcefully merged with cerberus.

Sounds like he had an old mule account registered on hades years ago and hopped onto that to post when his main stopped being believable.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-09 18:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Yea, but it's on a server that no longer exists(Hades). His only other post was also in 2015, and also a topic that sounds like Altima. On top of that, Altima's original character was on hades before it was forcefully merged with cerberus.

Sounds like he had an old mule account registered on hades years ago and hopped onto that to post when his main stopped being believable.

His main, alt, and sock accounts were suspended, from my understanding. Altima believes 100% in what he says, I don't think whether people he disagrees with on everything's opinion matters in the least.
 Cerberus.Ermachko
Server: Cerberus
user: ermachko
By Cerberus.Ermachko 2015-05-09 18:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

WTF is this crap?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-09 18:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ermachko said: »
WTF is this crap?

I believe it is a topic on an internet forum but I"m not sure !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-09 19:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
WTF is this crap?

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-09 19:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
WTF is this crap?

*zooms out of the thread...*
>P&R section
>>FFXIAH.com
>>>Internet
>>>>Servers
>>>>>USA
>>>>>>North America
>>>>>>>Earth
>>>>>>>>Solar System
>>>>>>>>>Milky Way
>>>>>>>>>>Universe
>>>>>>>>>>>Atoms
>>>>>>>>>>>>Molecules
>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cells
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tissues
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fonewear's head.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-09 19:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Odinz said: »
How many men on this forum identify as a MGTOW, or do you see yourself as a male feminist? Perhaps you have no inclination to care and find it all tediously insignificant because maybe you're an Alpha.
How do you identify as a male - I'd like to gauge where the male population of these forums are at.

So what is this in response to, as it has to be in response if it has a title like "going your own way". That would necessitate parting from some "prior way".

Is it in response to feeling shame as a man? For not living up to societal expectations or not wanting to or seeing fault in them? Is it in response to not being able to both be yourself and find a person who will love you for that and start a family with you for that?

If it's any of those things, then you're just under false pretenses. Society has a bunch of *** gender roles. They aren't good for humanity and never have been, they served a function, and have served it pretty badly for thousands of years. It worked, in the same way a man with no legs can crawl from destination to destination. It is far from ideal. You as a person can subscribe to and feel shamed by these societal markers, or you can live your own life and not give a ***about them and realize most of them are a reflection of your own guilt and shame and feeling of inadequacy. We all need love, but this is not any way to go about getting it. You have to accept yourself as you are first, before another person ever will. And despite what you think most of society doesn't give a damn if you're some "alpha male". That is entirely your own ego speaking and need to be loved speaking. Male power fantasy and women that idealize it are very very few, except among those severely lacking in self esteem or validation and love, though I will admit there is the odd ball out there who likes it. And no one doesn't love power.

If you can accept yourself as you are, and have confidence in that, then someone else will too. If you let society shame you and define you, then it will. No matter who you are, or what you have or haven't accomplished. The ego will ever struggle against the group. That is part of what being human is. The shitty part of all this, is you don't need a formal movement or ideology like this to make that happen. That will lead to self harm more than anything, confirmation bias and an echo chamber do no one any good. Putting yourself out there, finding the truth for yourself, and loving yourself are what matter and the only thing that will fix your ailment. An echo chamber for your own ideas amongst people with similar affliction and aggressive idealism will wind you up in a loony bin however if you're not careful. You get stronger by exposing yourself to more ideas, not less.

This seems like a lot of words to say "Don't be a pussy, be a man"
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2015-05-09 19:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2015-05-09 19:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
I don't know how to put it nicely so I'll just say, no. Because what you said is drawing from the same "be a man, men are tough and aren't pussies" dialog OP has found so unhelpful his whole life. I'm saying just start the path to loving yourself, and then someone else will, and don't give in to surrounding yourself with people that just agree with you because it will hurt instead of help. Any path in life, if built to avoid something hard or suffering, will end in much more suffering and hardship than seeing the entire picture and picking the path that is best for you. That's the only part that I can relate to what you said. OP has to face some unpleasant things to make their life better. But so does anyone. He only is defined by societies gender roles if he himself subscribes to them and most of society doesn't actually give a damn though many use it as a crutch for self confidence, any crutch no matter if it has societies stamp of approval or not is a good thing.

Loving yourself...I'll pass I'm more funny when I hate myself !
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-05-09 20:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason MGTOW reminds me of masculininst* gays. The "you are a sissy, you sleep with girls" crowd.

I don't know why.

*My word for them, I don't know if they are cohesive enough to have an identifiable tag.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-09 20:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Euclids Cfinder said: »

[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-09 21:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorta related guy trying to say he could have saved Elliot Rodger:
(if the douche eagle shirt doesn't blind you that is !)

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-09 22:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorta related
I call ***.

We all know you don't post anything related, unless the topic is about big breasted feminists from Huff Post.
[+]
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2015-05-09 22:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

girls stay away from me because i look like homeless jesus

i stay away from girls because i look like homeless jesus

if that makes sense or is even on topic

...sorry!
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-05-09 23:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Going their own way eh?

Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-05-09 23:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Horrible name for this group.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-05-09 23:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides for making babies both sex's are the same.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-09 23:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow kinda amazed someone would put this on such a super liberal / feminist / progressive site as this.

Quote:
The MRA in my opinion showed up a little too late to the scene and aren't going to win any ground. We've moved way to far away from any form of an egalitarian society to be able to have any effect on society through traditional political and social movements. Short of a U-turn, there's no rights movement that can correct this mess. Its like a "whites' rights" movement - there is so much negative stigma attached to any white cry for fairness due to a history of horrible white supremacist organizations like the KKK and the Neo Nazis that if a valid and sound white movement manifested today, they would have to spend 90% of their time convincing everyone else they aren't for white supremacy, but equality. Such is so for the MRA - males are so tarnished and looked down upon by society as a whole that any male movement for equality is branded in the feminist loving media as a patriarchy and female oppression.

This is extremely true, you can see it by just watching people's reactions here, most are knee-jerk without any real understanding what MGTOW is. Personally I don't really identify with the MGTOW movement, I can completely understand where they are coming from but I enjoy having sex far too much. There is such a horribly toxic level of female supremacy and whole sale misandry being pushed that it seems easier to just opt out of the whole thing vs trying to successfully navigate it.

For those of you who aren't on an ignorant rampage, MGTOW is a social movement where the men are refusing to provide for women and children whenever possible. The most extreme MGTOW guys are just refusing any non-beneficial (to the male) interactions with women as a way to deny her validation. Most MGTOW are just deciding to never marry nor father kids and focus their entire life on self enjoyment, spending all their resources on making themselves happy.

Some reading about it
http://www.amazon.com/Men-Strike-Boycotting-Marriage-Fatherhood/dp/1594037620

I'm waiting for the progressives to start pushing for a "bachelors tax" on non-married males. Need to keep that wealth transfer going.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-10 00:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
Besides for making babies both sex's are the same.

Nope not even close. There are biological differences in the brains that form inside the uterus. Later on those differences start manifesting themselves in how neural pathways are formed with males being primary front to back and females being side to side. After puberty hits, males bodies are again flushed with testosterone (first time happens during pregnancy) which causes bone density, muscle density and muscle quantity to all sky rocket. And that's just the external stuff. Inside the brain itself both male and female have different structures that further their specializations for reproduction. Humans are just intelligent animals and like all animals are genders are specialized for different things. Females have adaptations that optimize their own survival, their children's survival and the ability to select out the most capable sperm donor for creating better children. Males have optimizations for social dominance, team work, tool usage, aggression and self sacrifice. In the grand scheme of life, males are disposable, you only need a few to create the next generation while females are valuable and non-disposable, need as many as possible. Anyhow there are more, including some social abilities women have that are damn near a super power.

The take away from all this is that while modern science and technology have enabled us to live in a manor that no longer relies on those evolutionary adaptations, those adaptations still exist and govern our social dynamics, especially those between male and females of a sexual nature. You never gain mastery of something by ignoring it, belittling it or pretending it doesn't exist. Only by recognizing, categorizing, and understanding something can a person gain mastery and control over it.

But I guess because I make some people feel very uncomfortable talking about these things in such a clinical way that makes me the bad guy. Feelz over realz and all that.
[+]
By oncura 2015-05-10 00:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
MGTOW is a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE movement. You don't have to avoid women entirely to recognize that men's rights are being ***on at every turn or become a men's rights activist. A straight male voluntarily ignoring all women is hurting nobody but themselves, and failing to get any real point across besides how jaded they are.
Fairly sure some the stuff i read/watched on it said there is MGTOW with men who still have and seek sex and that's it.

My thought's, I support true feminism, and I support a male version. it's the people way off to the side, the radical feminist (or male version) are just rediculous examples of people we should just wriite off.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-10 00:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

oncura said: »
Fairly sure some the stuff i read/watched on it said there is MGTOW with men who still have and seek sex and that's it.

Yes that brand exists, mostly they seek to deny giving resources to women in the form of marriage / children or even women orientated charities. That goes against biological programming so everyone looks on with horror "OMG how can he NOT support all those poor women and children!!!", said while ignoring the homeless guy sitting across the street.

Quote:
My thought's, I support true feminism, and I support a male version. it's the people way off to the side, the radical feminist (or male version) are just rediculous examples of people we should just wriite off.

Male extremism has long since been relegated to late night or stand up comedy and is publicly ostracized. Female extremism is met with loud applause, social acceptance and encouragement. Protesting against feminism is often considered "hate speech" and frequently censored. Our society has gone so far towards the female side that any acknowledgement of masculinity or maleness is instantly met with derision and bullying. Just look throughout this thread and all the people making fun of guys for just wanting to be men.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-05-10 00:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

In my opinion, there shouldn't be a more dominant sex. We should have fair treatment. I say fair because there are certain aspects men and women have that are different on a biological and physical scale. If a woman does the equal amount of work that a man does, she should get equal the amount of pay. This whole "that's a woman's job" thing needs to be put to rest.

Case in point: I went to the mall with my brother and his wife the other day. We were eating at the food court, and I had my tray full of garbage at the end of my meal. Before I had a chance to pick it up though, my brother's wife grabbed it. I said, "Oh, don't worry about that. I'll get it." Her response? "No, it's the woman's job to clean up after men."

I was flabbergasted. I responded with, "Yeah, no. Put it down. I'm an adult and I can clean up after myself."

It sucks that we live in a backwards world like this. It sucks that there are still people who think this way. The same goes for men, by the way. I don't like watching sports. I think it's boring, I think it's idiotic the way people have an affinity towards a team just because it's in their state and I think the players get paid ENTIRELY too much money for playing games. I'm not handy. I don't know ***about cars. Am I any less of a man? *** no.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-10 00:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
I have never heard of this movement, it sounds pretty ineffective.

That's all that feminism truly means jassik, equal rights for both sexes.

Misogyny is hatred or prejudiced contempt for women.
Misandry is hatred or prejudiced contempt for men.

The only reason we don't use the term humanism more commonly than feminism is because that refers moreso to a non-theistic life stance and looking towards science for solutions as a species instead of directly countering Misogyny and Misandry.

Feminism in the abstract seeks true equality, however, in practice, it's a movement toward inequality, as was mentioned. Activist feminism has become a pretty destructive force.

Ex: A woman should be paid the same as a man, shouldn't be degraded if she chooses to have recreational sex, etc. But, a woman also doesn't get a pass to slap a man and not have the favor returned. I just don't see that level of equality existing in the real world, partly because men and women are fundamentally different, but also because the people fighting for equality, the activist feminists, want the good without the bad.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15