The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 150 151 152
 Asura.Krystela
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Krystela 2016-08-09 20:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
Asura.Krystela said: »
If you were lazy like me and wanted to make a BP - recast set with the least gears possible, what would you use?

xD Trying to get 3 characters smn ready for enrinys xD

I have Aeneas but I have a feeling I'm always going to be SMN for Erinys. ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;
Welcome to my bard world?

Joke aside, nope still smn.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-08-09 22:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the gearset look like if I want my BP timer to be @ 22seconds?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2016-08-09 22:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »

You need to cap -BP timer I and II as well as get at least 512(or 575?) skill for favor, then keep the av out long enough to cap favor.

our 100 and 1200 JP bonuses make that alot easier to do.
[+]
By Nocki 2016-08-09 22:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally use this:

ItemSet 345241

I think it might be a bit overkill on time when you're over 1200, but hey can't have too much BP Delay reduction.
[+]
By Verda 2016-08-11 16:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
Hello All,
I just returned to the game for my XI fix ^_^

Does anyone have a good Myrkr set they can share?
Welcome back! :D

This is what I use currently but it won't translate to other jobs well, it makes the best of what I already have rather than seeks out the best in every slot though:
Quote:
head={ name="Apogee Crown +1", augments={'MP+80','Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+35','Blood Pact Dmg.+8',}},
body="Beck. Doublet +1",
hands="Lamassu Mitts +1",
legs="Beck. Spats +1",
feet={ name="Apogee Pumps +1", augments={'MP+80','Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+35','Blood Pact Dmg.+8',}},
neck="Sanctity Necklace",
waist="Mujin Obi",
left_ear="Etiolation Earring",
right_ear="Moonshade Earring",
left_ring="Mephitas's Ring",
right_ring="Mephitas's Ring +1",
back={ name="Conveyance Cape", augments={'Summoning magic skill +4','Blood Pact Dmg.+4','Blood Pact ab. del. II -3',}},
That leaves me with 2424 MP as a mithra in my mog house w/o ionis, as well as 250 tp bonus.

Nocki's set works good, here's the one I posted a few pages back:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46440/the-6th-ministrys-secret-a-summoners-guide-v2/49/#3126121

It's overkill too though, you only need 512 skill and beckoner's +1 while capping delay as shown by Papesse here: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46440/the-6th-ministrys-secret-a-summoners-guide-v2/49/#3126152
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-12 03:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Nirvana aside, what would be the best Physical pact staff?
Espiritus path D?
Keraunos with crit/DA, >8BP dmg and >15attack?
Something else entirely? (what, though?)?

Same question for hybrid like flaming crush. One of those or a magic oriented Espiritus?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2016-08-12 07:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Griovalr. 10 bpd. 15 str 25/15 atk/acc (if doubleaug is possible)

Espiritus doesn't have the bpd.
Keraunos lacks stats and acc. Crit is useful really on low eva mobs.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-12 13:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anybody able to make a tier list between Grio and the others? I need something to use before I obtain good augs on Grio, and I need to pick between what I alreayd have.
By Verda 2016-08-12 14:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Will depend on augs, Espiritus D is the cheapest to get and works pretty well. I wouldn't bother with Keraunos unless you already have one near maxed or something, well aug'd Grio will win out for sure.

Edit: Exemplar also if you have it is a good starting point with bp dmg 8 and SMN skill for accuracy

Edit 2: for flaming crush espiritus magic path works well actually
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2016-08-12 14:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Is anybody able to make a tier list between Grio and the others? I need something to use before I obtain good augs on Grio, and I need to pick between what I alreayd have.

it's hard to make a tier list between the randon aug weapons because of the variance in augs. Espiritus/exemplar to start, then work on a grio with augs to beat e/e. I'd skip keraunos entirely for bp gear, it's too expensive compared to grio and has a lower potential.

A quick rule of thumb is 1 bpd is 2.5 to 3 mab. Coumt it up that way to ballpark, then go back to w.saruta and testnuke level 1s for quick damage confirmation.

For phys, nirvana is a hyuuge boost. Compared to even a perfect grio, the grio is missing 30 bpd and like 30 acc and 20 atk
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-12 15:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a keraunos with crit/da +6, bp+8, mab+18.
I used it for magical bp before I got an espiritus path A

I also have a lot of snoworb+2 so I could easily convert that mab into attack.
Shouldn't it be better than espiritus D for physical and possibly for flaming crush?

I'll try for grio in due time but I'm usually not very lucky with reisen augs =/
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-12 15:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Also exemplar is cool (been wanting one for quite done time) but it's not 100% drop and too much trouble to get one. I'd have to rely on friends with fishing skill and blah blah blah

tl;dr it's not gonna happen, just like nirvana. I need other alternatives as I wait for decent augments on grio
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-08-12 18:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just trying to get up to speed here so let me know if I missed anything for last 2-3 updates. Gonna play during this 10 day campaign.

1. Blood Pact timers can be reduces by up to 10 seconds with max Avatar's Favor. Add skill to BP delay set to reach 20-22 second delay.

2. Blood pact damage rings exist!

3. Sancus Sachet +1. Kill and/or steal to get this. Sell grandmother for a nickel if I have to.

4. Refresh rings. Is there any other crafted stuff that was added I should care about?

Did I miss anything?
By Nocki 2016-08-12 19:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Alistrianna said: »

4. Refresh rings.

Good luck with that...
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-08-12 19:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Refresh rings are a nice to have at this point. Sachet +1 however...
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2016-08-12 20:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Klouskap Sash is pretty good if you need a pet belt.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-08-12 20:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad there is no M.ACC on that belt.

Isa Belt is also pretty good for full PDT/Regen build
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-08-12 21:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Too bad there is no M.ACC on that belt.

Thats what Incarnation Sash is for.
[+]
By Verda 2016-08-12 23:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I miss anything?

We also got a BP strap :D elan strap +1

We also got the Inyanga set, which is really good for magic evasion not sure if you were here for that: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/June_2016_Version_Update_Changes

You'll have to wait till next month to get it with a "ticket" from ambuscade though.

Shouldn't it be better than espiritus D for physical and possibly for flaming crush?
The safest answer is just to test it. STR is rare to have for your pet and probably affects not just attack but base damage somehow. Without exact formulas for most pet damages it's hard to say.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-08-13 02:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Inyanga comes from Ambuscade, which I have 0 interest in. If I wanted to grind points for hours on end for gear I'd just go back to playing XIV more. I have an NQ Elan Strap from before I left.
By Verda 2016-08-13 02:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well not to change your mind but I made over 20 mil (it was probably closer to 35 mil but hard to say since I didn't keep exact track but I did get like 57k hallmarks) from it last month and had fun doing it and the gear is usually worth it even if you're not a returning player for at least a few sets, it wasn't like I was hammering it every day either. *shrug* your 12.95 :)
By Verda 2016-08-13 09:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This was posted on the blue gartr dev tracker:
Quote:
Blood Pact Glitch (2016/8/8)

We have confirmed a glitch which causes lowered Blood Pact damage when players switch equipment. The glitch occurs because the game fails to account for the STR and DEX values of the Avatar (however, other stats such as Pet: Magic Attack+ are still reflected). We are currently working to fix the problem and hope to implement this fix in the next patch. We apologize for any inconvenience until then.

So it's nice to know the nature of the error.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-08-13 15:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The trick is to find people who want to do ambuscade daily.

I'd love to grind it daily, it's mindless but profitable. I wish soloing was more viable and less of a nusiance for other players.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-08-13 17:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd grind the ***out of it if it didn't require me to zone 2-3 times every 8-10 min and compete with 3 or 4 other groups for mobs.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-14 15:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Is -14 perp still enough with favour up, now that they changed the way favor works?
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-08-14 20:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

-14 perp for celestials, less for Fenrir and Carbuncle.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-15 06:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah yeah I know, but they changed how Favor works, long time ago, and I wasn't sure anymore that -14 was enough.
That's good, think I just completed my new non-nirvana Idle set when avatar is out, with 578 SMN skill which should be the last tier as far as we know.
Would be glad to see other non-nirvana sets if anybody is willing to share :)

Has a last tier/cap been found for the additional duration Skill grants to buff wards? There used to be a cap around 500ish but it got raised many patches ago, and since then I have never read tests about the new cap.

Atm I'm performing Wards with something like ~620 skill or something like that. If there's a cap at, say, 600 I could remove some pieces and go for more AF3 pieces (set bonus)
By Verda 2016-08-15 06:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Has a last tier/cap been found for the additional duration Skill grants to buff wards? There used to be a cap around 500ish but it got raised many patches ago, and since then I have never read tests about the new cap.

I've never reached it that I've seen, I tested it a lot and over 600 was included back when in game timers came out. I do 3 beckoner's for the set proc bonus to duration and about 624 summoning skill. If I used HQ apogee body and feet for summoning skill and used convoker's horn I could get 636 and with HQ all skills ring 639, but I'm willing to bet that isn't capped either, longer duration wards are sweet though so glad it isn't capped. SE said siphon was capped at 700 skill, maybe that's what they set wards to also, but 700 isn't reachable. I keep 3 beckoner's pieces, imo head body and legs have the least trade off for summoning magic skill vs chance to multiply duration. Head is a no brainer, it's 2 smn skill, body is 1 summoning skill for NQ and 6 for HQ, and legs are already the best summoning skill piece we get so also a no brainer. I don't use the feet or hands because neither have summoning skill in the beckoner's set. This makes it pretty good as far as tradeoffs between consistency, and how long the end result is when multiplying ward duration does happen, since each beckoner's piece only adds 2% chance, I'll take 37-42 seconds to wards (42 is if HQ feet) seconds every time over a 4% chance to have set bonus proc.

ItemSet 345346

Espiritus Path B. HQ pumps, Stikini Ring +1 would be the only improvements I can think of for that set.

I'd grind the ***out of it if it didn't require me to zone 2-3 times every 8-10 min and compete with 3 or 4 other groups for mobs.
Last months was weak to piercing so my thf had a hay day, 3 THF timing stacked Rudra at the same time with a GEO could win the battle at 29:30, so 30 seconds. Then we'd have our own secret location to get the KI, don't just go to the most popular zone ours was right by the crystal too so was super fast, we'd have like 3 min runs, start to finish. I did it maybe 5 nights in the entire month we just are very efficient, my LS was originally a gil farm LS and ppl know what's up about how to maximize time spent and turn it into gil and well it's fun and enjoyable to us, I realize that's not going to be everyone's experience tho :( I really can't thank some of my friends enough.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-08-15 07:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah yeah I know, but they changed how Favor works, long time ago, and I wasn't sure anymore that -14 was enough.
That's good, think I just completed my new non-nirvana Idle set when avatar is out, with 578 SMN skill which should be the last tier as far as we know.
Would be glad to see other non-nirvana sets if anybody is willing to share :)

Atm I'm performing Wards with something like ~620 skill or something like that. If there's a cap at, say, 600 I could remove some pieces and go for more AF3 pieces (set bonus)
You're 3 over capped Favor, so may be able to drop something for something more worthwhile.
And TBH, 575+4 isn't worth the loss of more AutoRefresh or haste or accuracy or some random other effect like DA or +crit rate. (Perp should be a nonissue)
The difference between 512 and 575 is to the tune of 5 DEF. 3MAB. 1%DA. Etc.
Diabolos has the best argument, as 512+4 is 7mp/tic and 575+4 is 8mp/tic... But... Even then. You can get more AutoRefresh with 512 which makes a larger AutoRefresh than you get with 575.
You just loose too much good stuff (assiduity+1 alone) and gain too little from 575+4 Favor. (And if you only have +3, Diabolos' Favor is the same!)

For Wards, iirc it was either 600 or 650. But that might have just been the cap to available skill back then. So you're either slightly under max duration or slightly over.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-15 08:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
You're 3 over capped Favor, so may be able to drop something for something more worthwhile.
Yeah but I haven't been able to meet the following requirements
1) 575+ skill
2) -14 Perp
With a different combination of the gear I already own.
Yes I could remove the +3 skill Strap, but what for? If there were a strap with TP stats for Avatar, but that's not the case alas.

Quote:
And TBH, 575+4 isn't worth the loss of more AutoRefresh
I dunno about that, refresh isn't really an issue at least within Escha zones. Outside of that it might be a different story, but then again I have two different Idle sets for Avatar out. One focusing on 575+ skill and whatever else I can get in the other slots, and the other focusing on pet stats (I don't reach the 575 tier with this set of course, only 512 one)

Quote:
For Wards, iirc it was either 600 or 650.
Think it might be 600...
Anybody has more input to provide about that?
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 150 151 152