The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 150 151 152
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Frod 2015-09-07 13:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda, Apogee slacks is a combined +19 BP damage and 15 str for path D. We don't know +1 stats for path D yet.
[+]
 Phoenix.Phillie
Server: Phoenix
user: Phillie
By Phoenix.Phillie 2015-09-07 20:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

what are the augments best on moonshade earring for smn?
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2015-09-08 00:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Phoenix.Phillie said: »
what are the augments best on moonshade earring for smn?
IMO Refresh, the 2nd aug I don't know if it matters a ton... maybe someone can suggest something I just went MAB even tho there's definitely better MAB earrings.

Back when I got mine I went with refresh and HP+25 since I used to do stuff as /sch a lot and it gave a little extra to my sublimation charge, though these days the utility of /sch probably isn't as useful.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-09-08 01:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kunimatsu said: »
Back when I got mine I went with refresh and HP+25 since I used to do stuff as /sch a lot and it gave a little extra to my sublimation charge, though these days the utility of /sch probably isn't as useful.

Don't underestimate the power of Dark Arts, SMN/SCH can be quite a potent low tier nuker with current nuking options.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-09-09 09:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Two slight updates to SMN next week include an adjustment to the cool down timer for Apogee and the range in which pet commands can be used.
I doubt they'd make Apogee a 10 min ability, maybe they'll drop it to 3 min? For the pet command range, I hope they'll revert that range adjustment they just did this past update to the way it used to be.

Also, I went with HP+25 & Refresh on my Moonshade. I figure that once the MP is depleted, it's not as easy to replenish as standing around with a spare HP+25 while idle. Also it's part of my Sublimation gear set.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-09-09 10:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraiyuki said: »
Siren.Kunimatsu said: »

Don't underestimate the power of Dark Arts, SMN/SCH can be quite a potent low tier nuker with current nuking options.

Pulling a Rydia :p
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-09-09 22:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Aww man, I'm certain it's a translation error then. They have got Apogee listed here sqex.to/SPD You're right however, I remember it being mentioned earlier that Avatar's Favor was going to be adjusted.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-09-10 02:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Pulling a Rydia :p
Although she does have a couple more powerful weapons in her arsenal.
And the whip! <3
By Aeyela 2015-09-10 03:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Summoner
Apogeeā€™s recast time will be reduced from 300 seconds to 180 seconds and the amount of enmity it generates upon use will be decreased.
The range of the following pet commands will be increased.

Assault / Blood Pact: Ward / Blood Pact: Rage

Rejoice, fellow Summoners!
[+]
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-09-10 03:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

*Laughs frantically*
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-09-10 07:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

WHOAH! You mean we can use Assault and Blood Pact from a safe distance that's outside of the typical AoE range?! Hehe. I'm still hoping they'll revert the Blood Pacts how they used to be as well.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-09-10 08:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

This was a pretty big win for SMN's. I'm looking forward to testing the new range on Escha Sky NM's later.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-09-10 08:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Garota said: »
I'm still hoping they'll revert the Blood Pacts how they used to be as well.
Did I miss something? (Haven't been very active lately, rl and stuff)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-09-10 08:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

@Asura.Shiraiyuki, stuff along the lines of all this.

Asura.Asclepieia said: »
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Verda said: »
jopa said: »
Am I late, or did they recently change the way BP distance works? As in, if your avatar's not engaged and you try to use a short range BP, it simply doesn't let you, whereas before it would do the JA, generate enmity for the player, the avatar would do the ready animation, then you'd get the "too far away" message if the enemy didn't move close enough, and your avatar would lose TP if it was TP move.

Oh man, I'm not liking this change at all. It's ruining the gameplay style that I'm used to. It's much easier to BP the mob in question from a distance and having avatar auto-engage. :/

I'm having trouble running into this problem maybe it's just my playstyle :(
I've not experienced the problem either. I can pick some random unclaimed mob and hit a BP, and the avatar will ready it and the mob will come running. Of course, due to the shortened BP ready time, the mob has to be a lot closer for that to work than used to be the case, but in any event the BP does ready.

Are you sure you're not outside BP range when doing this? Range is anywhere from 16 yalms out to about 20+ for larger mobs.

Definately changed, need to be within 5 to chaotic strike a unclaimed target, or you get the message "not in range" until you move within 5, magical and debuffs appear to remain unchanged. During battle 15 is fine

One of the problems I'm coming across in Vagary, Slimes & Acuex battlefield, I'm not needing to run about 10-11 (sometimes even as close as 5) in order to Thunderspark the pulls, before it used to be roughly 17-18.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-09-10 08:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, thanks.
That indeed clears things up.

I haven't been playing a lot the last few months so I hadn't noticed.
 Ragnarok.Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-09-10 13:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

No brob Bob. It's just slightly more inconvenient now for those of us who developed a play style to claim mobs with BP Rage rather than assaulting first.

Also, I find it funny how they added a SMN with Ifrit on the Update Preview picture as if they KNOW that Ifrit is the the number one choice. I wish they'd add new Blood Pacts for other avatars with Hybrid Physical & Magical properties to give us other options aside from Ifrit... Also AoE BPs so we can use something other than Thunderspark and Level ? Holy (LOL Nobody uses that garbage BP)
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-09-10 14:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd also like to see a new BP:Ward for each avatar, that provides potent elemental protection akin to the white mage bar-spells. For example, Ifrit might have "Crimson Shield", which would significantly reduce ice damage to party members in range.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-09-10 14:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
I'd also like to see a new BP:Ward for each avatar, that provides potent elemental protection akin to the white mage bar-spells. For example, Ifrit might have "Crimson Shield", which would significantly reduce ice damage to party members in range.

Here, here! Keep talking now!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-09-10 14:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Submit that to the official FFXI Forums at once!!!
By Aeyela 2015-09-10 14:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No brob Bob. It's just slightly more inconvenient now for those of us who developed a play style to claim mobs with BP Rage rather than assaulting first.

Also, I find it funny how they added a SMN with Ifrit on the Update Preview picture as if they KNOW that Ifrit is the the number one choice. I wish they'd add new Blood Pacts for other avatars with Hybrid Physical & Magical properties to give us other options aside from Ifrit... Also AoE BPs so we can use something other than Thunderspark and Level ? Holy (LOL Nobody uses that garbage BP)

They should've used this instead

[+]
By jopa 2015-09-13 15:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That glowing charge attack Fenrir does in the Windurst [S] cutscenes would be a cool BP:
https://youtu.be/ei1VqqI88Dk?t=6m46s
Could be AoE hybrid piercing/dark damage because a new piercing BP would be nice.
[+]
By Nocki 2015-09-16 01:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Summoners can now use both assault and BPs from exactly 21 yalms away~

I don't have BST myself BST myself but I asked someone to test it as I stood next to where they stood and I got 11 yalms before he could Ready.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-09-16 01:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

New +10 skill neck, new Blood Boon +3 neck, new SMN skill +8 belt.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-09-16 01:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Items this update that specifically benefit SMN.

Speaker's Ring
Ring
MP+40 "Resist Amnesia"+10 Avatar: "Magic Atk. Bonus"+6
Lv. 99 SMN

Consumm. Torque
Neck
"Blood Boon"+3 Avatar: Accuracy+5 Magic Accuracy+5 Enmity+5
Lv. 99 All Jobs

Melic Torque
Neck
Enhancing magic skill +10 Elemental magic skill +10 Summoning magic skill +10 Wind instrument skill +10 Handbell skill +10
Lv. 99 All Jobs

Incanter's Torque
Neck
Magic skills +10 MP not depleted when magic used +1%
Lv. 99 All Jobs

Kobo Obi
Waist
DEF:7 MP+20 Divine magic skill +8 Summoning magic skill +8 Singing skill +8 Geomancy skill +5
Lv.99 WHM / BLM / RDM / BRD / SMN / BLU / SCH / GEO
[+]
By jopa 2015-09-16 01:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

New MAB ring!
Nocki said: »
Summoners can now use both assault and BPs from exactly 21 yalms away~

I don't have BST myself BST myself but I asked someone to test it as I stood next to where they stood and I got 11 yalms before he could Ready.
I think Ready is based on distance from pet since you don't choose the target, so it's probably 7~ from pet.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 150 151 152