The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 149 150 151
 Carbuncle.Doryll
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Smacks
By Carbuncle.Doryll 2015-08-29 04:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you very much Noxzema
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon 2015-08-29 11:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

the NQ set is just behind perfect helios, except it lacks the crit hit. This however doesn't take into account how absofuckinglutely expensive, time consuming and random it is it is to do a full on 7/30/4 helios piece, so the apogee NQ much more accessible to use. The body and feet D path is only +15 skill, making feet marginally useful. D path on head and hands sucks, legs D is just a big shot of BP damage. Path C on all pieces is a compromise set, don't bother.

The HQ set is best in slot by a wide margin, if you have the whole set. you're looking at 25 MAB or ATK, 17 BP damage over perfect helios. It only loses the 20% crit hit, which i'm assuming it makes up for with the large gain in base damage. The HQ body and feet also sport +20 skill each, which while nice, doesn't warrant the 150-200m you'll be paying. The body also has another -1 BPII, which is broken at the moment and caps at 29/30. It's almost worth asking if path C is worth it for flaming crush.
 Phoenix.Phillie
Server: Phoenix
user: Phillie
By Phoenix.Phillie 2015-08-29 20:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

how do you do lua script of helio sets, cant get perp hands to equip
this is what i have

HHndPerp = { name="Helios Gloves", augments={'"Avatar perpetuation cost"-4', 'Pet: Accuracy+27', 'Pet: Rng. Acc.+27'}}

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
Server: Asura
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-08-31 01:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Phillie said: »
how do you do lua script of helio sets, cant get perp hands to equip
this is what i have

HHndPerp = { name="Helios Gloves", augments={'"Avatar perpetuation cost"-4', 'Pet: Accuracy+27', 'Pet: Rng. Acc.+27'}}

You have to pre-specify the items under
Code
function init_gear_sets()

I have it set up like this:
Code
  --------------------------------------
    -- Augmented Items
    --------------------------------------
        -- BP Items
                BP_head = { name="Helios Band", augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+28','Pet: Crit.hit rate +3','Blood Pact Dmg.+6',}}
                BP_body = { name="Helios Jacket", augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+29','Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+8','Blood Pact Dmg.+5',}}
                BP_hands = {name="Helios Gloves", augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+26','Pet: Crit.hit rate +4','Blood Pact Dmg.+5',}}    
                BP_feet = {name = "Helios boots",augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+25','Pet: Crit.hit rate +4','Blood Pact Dmg.+7',}}     
                BP_legs = {name="Helios Spats", augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+27','Pet: Crit.hit rate +4','Blood Pact Dmg.+6',}}

-- TP Items
                TP_head = { name="Helios Band", augments={'Pet: Attack+24 Pet: Rng.Atk.+24','Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+6','Pet: Haste+4',}}
                TP_hands = { name="Helios Gloves", augments={'Pet: Accuracy+23 Pet: Rng. Acc.+23','Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+8','Pet: Haste+4',}}
                TP_legs = { name="Helios Spats", augments={'Pet: Attack+24 Pet: Rng.Atk.+24','Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+8','Pet: Haste+3',}}
                TP_feet = {name="Helios Boots", augments={'Pet: Attack+27 Pet: Rng.Atk.+27','Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+8','Pet: Haste+5'}}              

Then, in the actual set you specify the item like this:
Code
    sets.midcast.Pet.PhysicalBloodPactRage = {
                main="Nirvana",
                sub="Vox Grip",
                ammo="Seraphicaller",
                head=BP_head,
                neck="Empath necklace",
                ear1="Domes. Earring",
                ear2="Esper earring",
                body="Con. doublet +1",
                hands=BP_hands,
                ring1="Evoker's Ring",
                ring2="Thurandaut ring",
                back=BP_cape,
                waist="Incarnation Sash",
                legs=BP_legs,
                feet=BP_feet}

Here's my SMN GS for a full reference.
http://pastebin.com/1JZJ23aJ

And as Jdove above me posts, do a //gs export with the item equiped to get the accurate augments.
You can find the exported file in your gearswap\export folder afterward and you can simply copy the entire line.
[+]
 Phoenix.Phillie
Server: Phoenix
user: Phillie
By Phoenix.Phillie 2015-08-31 17:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks everyone
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-08-31 19:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

With the discussion of Nirvana lvl +2 carrying over to Espiritus/Ker, has anyone tested swapping out Seraphicaller for Esper stone +1 at the same time?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon
By Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon 2015-09-01 22:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Noxzema said: »
With the discussion of Nirvana lvl +2 carrying over to Espiritus/Ker, has anyone tested swapping out Seraphicaller for Esper stone +1 at the same time?
It doesn't. Nirvana precasting doesn't work either or else it would show up in checkparam and would work on netherblast.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2015-09-02 00:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I did, BPs were resisted on Metalcruncher Worms like if the avatar was Lv 99~101. I think that for odd reasons the avatars briefly keep the +10 STR/DEX/AGI/VIT/INT/MND/CHR from Nirvana (which have no effect on Nether Blast) or... something else but not the ATK/ACC/MAB/MACC.
Also if it wasn't already pointed out, this swap method doesn't work 100% of the time but more like 60~70% and for obscure reasons it will always fail if the BP is performed within the first 10~15 seconds after a new avatar is summoned, for me at least. It's clearly a minor bug/not something intended by the developers.

On another subject, I did testing on the last Favor tier.
575 Skill + Beckoner's Horn 119 + 550 Gift
Carbuncle : 28 HP (+1)
Diabolos : 8 MP (+1)
Titan : 102 DEF (+5)
Garuda : 40 EVA (+3)
Shiva : 42 MAB (+3)
Ramuh : 24% Critical Hit Rate (+1%)
Cait Sith : 28 MDB (+2)

Some Favor buffs are now close/egal to a Lucky/11 Roll with Barataria Ring and the job bonus, it's still a very situational JA though.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-09-02 01:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

No Ifrit?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2015-09-02 02:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I have parsed high Double Attack rates with Ifrit's Favor in the past, easily over 20% but I don't have any way to find the accurate (exact) percentage. Since Fighter's Roll and Rogue's Roll share identical numbers it's probably a 24% rate like Ramuh's Favor.
http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/6053.html
http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/7186.html
 Odin.Azenora
Server: Odin
user: Aeyela
By Odin.Azenora 2015-09-02 12:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been gone awhile from the game and have come back and see Ifrit being used a lot. When I was last playing, Garuda was the in thing. Is there a particular reason for this? Should I be using Ifrit all the time now? I've had a browse through this thread but couldn't find any definitive info on which avatar I should be using. I love Garuda, but if Ifrit is stronger, she can do one.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-09-02 15:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit is almost always stronger now. It seems that Flaming Crush scales better than any other BP we have, so as gear got better (and over the last 9 months it's gotten a LOT better), it began to pull ahead. Pred Claws' main advantage tended to be its very high accuracy, which isn't as crucial anymore as we can get a lot more accuracy through gear/food/job points.

Volt Strike is another really powerful one. Generally when probing an enemy for weakness I'll use Impact as an opener (it's never a bad idea) followed by Flaming Crush. If FC sucks, try Volt Strike. If that sucks try a merit BP (best guess based on the enemy's elemental weakness). If that sucks, try Pred Claws. If they all suck, try Night Terror. As you can see, Pred Claws has moved pretty far down that list from its former #1 spot.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon
By Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon 2015-09-03 00:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
I have parsed high Double Attack rates with Ifrit's Favor in the past, easily over 20% but I don't have any way to find the accurate (exact) percentage. Since Fighter's Roll and Rogue's Roll share identical numbers it's probably a 24% rate like Ramuh's Favor.
http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/6053.html
http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/7186.html

There's also a new tier that isn't on the wiki. 575 skill, +2 horn and the +1 gift. It does give diabolos 8 a tic refresh and titan breaks 103 def (+5 from last time).
By Aeyela 2015-09-03 02:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Ifrit is almost always stronger now. It seems that Flaming Crush scales better than any other BP we have, so as gear got better (and over the last 9 months it's gotten a LOT better), it began to pull ahead. Pred Claws' main advantage tended to be its very high accuracy, which isn't as crucial anymore as we can get a lot more accuracy through gear/food/job points.

Volt Strike is another really powerful one. Generally when probing an enemy for weakness I'll use Impact as an opener (it's never a bad idea) followed by Flaming Crush. If FC sucks, try Volt Strike. If that sucks try a merit BP (best guess based on the enemy's elemental weakness). If that sucks, try Pred Claws. If they all suck, try Night Terror. As you can see, Pred Claws has moved pretty far down that list from its former #1 spot.

That makes sense, and certainly explains why everyone is using Ifrit. Thanks a lot for the reply. Mixed feelings - Garuda was always there for us!
 Asura.Rakshaka
user: Rakshaka
By Asura.Rakshaka 2015-09-03 08:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
If FC sucks, try Volt Strike. If that sucks try a merit BP (best guess based on the enemy's elemental weakness). If that sucks, try Pred Claws. If they all suck, try Night Terror.

Try Conflag Strike as well. It's probably because it does breath damage, but I've noticed that it does consistently well against most targets in Sinister Reign; even those where FC and physical pacts don't do well.
By jopa 2015-09-03 10:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
I did, BPs were resisted on Metalcruncher Worms like if the avatar was Lv 99~101. I think that for odd reasons the avatars briefly keep the +10 STR/DEX/AGI/VIT/INT/MND/CHR from Nirvana (which have no effect on Nether Blast) or... something else but not the ATK/ACC/MAB/MACC.
If it were the +10 STR/DEX/AGI/VIT/INT/MND/CHR, wouldn't the /checkparam test show like a +5 increase in ATK/ACC/EVA/DEF?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-09-03 10:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pets still get a 1:0,5 ratio for STR>Att and DEX>Acc conversion?
By jopa 2015-09-03 11:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems so based on Atma and Astral Flow job points.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-09-05 12:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This "Nirvana cheat" is an absurd discussion.

Because it's not a glitch or programming thing... It's just a simple quantum physics scenario.
When you do this cheat, what you're cheating is your internet latency.
Which is why some people can't reproduce it.

Simply speaking, a person with a REALLY good internet connection (and I mean cables, not broadband... Though the speed helps) is gonna have a harder time than someone with a poorer connection.
After that, geography will come into play. The further away from Japan (and areas with better infrastructure) the more likely you'll be able to do it.

It's ultimately similar in nature to item hacking or other packet shenanigans.
Because that's what you're telling the server to do: calculate with Keraunos/Espiritus before it subtracts 2 levels from no longer having Nirvana equipped.

Welcome to transferring data via electrons without entanglement.

Furthermore: Iirc SE added a "protection" of sorts with the vanilla /equipsets. (A forced delay to account for latency. Though I seriously doubt it was with the intent to "nerf" this kind of thing.) So if you use them, you'll be less likely to replicate the Nirvana Cheat.

Also: the loss in level is larger than the simple derived stat formula, because iLvs give pets more than just +stat. They also give a large amount of the derived stats too. (Remember the multiple pet updates where Atk, Acc, Eva, Meva, etc were all boosted? The last one added something like 100 Acc/Racc/Macc or so.)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-09-05 17:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I really need some help with upgrading my current lua sets.
In the legs slots I have a far-from-perfect Helios legs, vs a newly obtained perf augs Enticer's Pants.

Now Enticer's are clearly the best option regardless for Magic BPs affected by TP, but for the rests?
Physical BPs? Magic BPs not affected by TP? Flaming Crush?
Would Enticer be better than my far-from-perfect Helios or not?

Edit:
Forgot to wrote the augs on my Helios.
Here they are
BP DMG +4, MAB+20, DA+8%
 Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon
By Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon 2015-09-06 11:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I really need some help with upgrading my current lua sets.
In the legs slots I have a far-from-perfect Helios legs, vs a newly obtained perf augs Enticer's Pants.

Now Enticer's are clearly the best option regardless for Magic BPs affected by TP, but for the rests?
Physical BPs? Magic BPs not affected by TP? Flaming Crush?
Would Enticer be better than my far-from-perfect Helios or not?

Edit:
Forgot to wrote the augs on my Helios.
Here they are
BP DMG +4, MAB+20, DA+8%

Considering secondary stats on the enticers, you'd need on helios a base of...
bp dmg +6
Atk + anything decent
crit hit rate +4

To make them at or near par for everything but flaming crush and non TP magic pacts, getting perfect +7 bp and high attack would push them over enticers.

For FC and magic pacts, you'd need on helios a minimum of...
BP dmg +6
MAB
Crit Rate +4

Again, +7 and high MAB would be your goal

This however doesn't take into account the MACC and ACC of enticers which may be more enticing to use over spending 5-10 mil on capping out helios augs.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-09-06 12:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright! Thanks ;)
Given I have other priorities atm, I think I'm gonna just keep Enticer, and maybe work on Apogee HQ in the future.

Thanks again!
 Siren.Blackroses
By Siren.Blackroses 2015-09-06 14:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, and what about Enticer VS apogee slacks NQ path D? Both for FC, and other bps.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Noxzema
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-09-07 03:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought about that as well, hoping to find a bright side to it, but unfortunately you won't save much room since you'll want the gear on you for other reasons as well. Apogee body doubles as a skill piece, same with Espiritus, and the JSE cape is needed for BP dmg.
So really it just saves you from needing to carry a second cape, and relic feet.

Really wish SE would at least answer us, regardless of what the answer is..
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 149 150 151