San Antonio Chef Ticketed 2k For Feeding Homeless

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » San Antonio chef ticketed 2k for feeding homeless
San Antonio chef ticketed 2k for feeding homeless
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-17 14:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I tried to back read Ni before, but it was like 5 pages and I thought Zahrah just had some new 'hobby' called ERP. I don't judge... unless you're poor!

No, the mods coined a new term. Though I find it humorous, leave me out of it, thanks.

Which is why I did it first thing!

That and, you know. Me and my Kurt Russell movies.

Paged, so why not.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-17 14:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So back on topic... I wonder if this lady started a gofundme page yet?
By Fyyvoaa 2015-04-17 14:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember the FLorida thing, it was all over the news...

just ..

I dunno what to say about this...
By fonewear 2015-04-17 14:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell with feeding the homeless there are people that can't afford birth control ! That is a pressing issue...
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-17 14:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Hell with feeding the homeless there are people that can't afford birth control ! That is a pressing issue...
The voice of reason.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-17 14:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe if we give the homeless birth control ... something will happen ! They will stop having homeless babies !

I'll do it I'll need a feminist some money and three good homeless women.
By fonewear 2015-04-17 14:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So back on topic... I wonder if this lady started a gofundme page yet?

In Seattle they managed to make internet access a right. Pretty sure there are homeless people right now jerking it !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-17 14:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the goal behind feeding the homeless?
By fonewear 2015-04-17 14:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the goal behind feeding the homeless?

Not sure you would think the goal is to teach them to farm. So they can feed themselves....
By fonewear 2015-04-17 15:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

No more erotic role playing allowed. Might as well shut down the RT thread !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-17 15:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like if you feed them, they'll live another day, but never really amount to anything. So in a way keeping them alive an extra day, one meal at a time seems more like a slow torturous death than really helping them. But can you really help them?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-17 15:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like if you feed them, they'll live another day, but never really amount to anything. So in a way keeping them alive an extra day, one meal at a time seems more like a slow torturous death than really helping them. But can you really help them?

Give them money so they can get drunk and feel good for most of the day !

Best way to live without a home is to forget that you are homeless.

It's my life motto if I have a home or not. I don't want to feel anything.

You could train them to be butlers. You can be pretty messed open a door for people get mail etc.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-17 15:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-17 15:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Will the government provide me free bullets !
By fonewear 2015-04-17 15:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-04-17 15:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

For those without a clue, you can't just drive around and give unpackaged, prepared food to anyone without a license under some kind of jurisdiction. The reason is simple: for all anyone knows, she could 1) be a sociopath who mixes poison to hurt the homeless, 2) genuinely an altruistic person, but if somebody gets sick because of her food, they are free to sue the pants off of her. In order to 'donate' food that doesn't come from a sealed package or a can , one must do so through organizations or foundations that undergo regulation through some governmental body that ensures the grade, quality and safety of the food she prepares is fit for human consumption(i.e kept a temperatures which isn't conducive for bacteria or mold, her ingredients aren't expired, she's not adding anything harmful, etc.)

The reason why most people don't do what she's doing is because the cost to acquire those licenses is the same for people who want to donate food, as people who own restaurants. So she would have to shell out thousands of dollars per year to 'donate' her food. It sucks and seems like "F*** the government" but it has nothing to do with the government being anti-homeless, it's more to protect EVERYONE. This woman and her story could go south extremely fast if she was never ticketed and something bad happened. Consider the following: She makes a fresh batch of chili but doesn't keep it at the right temperature after its cooked and it happens that the meat she bought happened to have a bit of botulism in it. Bam now she's serving botulism chili and dozens of homeless get sick and a few die because they're homeless and can't afford medical care. Do you know how EASY it is for the media to spin it on her and report "CHEF DONATES DEATH" and they make her out to be a sociopath who's secretly trying to kill the homeless, then she gets arrested for manslaughter on 3 charges.

You guys need to get off your high horse and look at the big picture here.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-17 15:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not on a high horse I'm on a medium horse !
By fonewear 2015-04-17 15:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ophannus said: »
For those without a clue, you can't just drive around and give unpackaged, prepared food to anyone without a license under some kind of jurisdiction. The reason is simple: for all anyone knows, she could 1) be a sociopath who mixes poison to hurt the homeless, 2) genuinely an altruistic person, but if somebody gets sick because of her food, they are free to sue the pants off of her. In order to 'donate' food that doesn't come from a sealed package or a can , one must do so through organizations or foundations that undergo regulation through some governmental body that ensures the grade, quality and safety of the food she prepares is fit for human consumption(i.e kept a temperatures which isn't conducive for bacteria or mold, her ingredients aren't expired, she's not adding anything harmful, etc.)

The reason why most people don't do what she's doing is because the cost to acquire those licenses is the same for people who want to donate food, as people who own restaurants. So she would have to shell out thousands of dollars per year to 'donate' her food. It sucks and seems like "F*** the government" but it has nothing to do with the government being anti-homeless, it's more to protect EVERYONE. This woman and her story could go south extremely fast if she was never ticketed and something bad happened. Consider the following: She makes a fresh batch of chili but doesn't keep it at the right temperature after its cooked and it happens that the meat she bought happened to have a bit of botulism in it. Bam now she's serving botulism chili and dozens of homeless get sick and a few die because they're homeless and can't afford medical care. Do you know how EASY it is for the media to spin it on her and report "CHEF DONATES DEATH" and they make her out to be a sociopath who's secretly trying to kill the homeless, then she gets arrested for manslaughter on 3 charges.

So if I want to kill homeless people I should go about it another way...thanks for the tip !
 Bahamut.Juliointexas
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Juliointexas 2015-04-17 15:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

With media now a days putting spins on everything for the "story" I tend to agree too, there is a big picture here in spite of what happened, the big picture is that to "protect" people wiether being homeless or everyday walk of life like us, granted it's sad to an extent how it's handled sometimes, but the obvious alternative here is what if these laws wern't here to protect us, then what happens? I mean sometimes yes laws can be stupid to an extent dependant on that law it pertains to, but in general though they are meant for the well being of everyone involved.

Now this particular case this happened in my home city and homlessness here is bad alot of them head in downtown to seek out help for the most part, In fairness given this lady has been doing this for years she should know better already given how known she is to the community and in the US thanks to Rachel Ray, but yes she should know the laws at least here in San Antonio, regardless of wether she agrees to them or not, they aren't there just for it to be there. While I sympithize with her to a degree, she should know better period.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-17 16:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ophannus said: »

Except that she has been doing this for at least 10 years and the police were aware of it. The only reason she was fined is because she only has a permit to do this in a certain vehicle and that was not the vehicle she used that day. Soooooo yeah...

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Juliointexas
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Juliointexas 2015-04-17 16:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

How are we being a**holes if I'm just pointing out the obvious is all I'm doing, In no way did I condem her for doing what shes done for years, all I said was she should know the laws here in my city is all I said. So don't go calling everyone or the majority pigs here when not everyone who posted on here were saying or condeming her for what she does. I for one am not saying what she did is wrong or what shes doing to help the community is wrong, but laws are laws no matter how much we hate or like them, they are there for a reason.
By Chyretta 2015-04-17 16:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So laws are laws and we should follow all them no manner what? you are the meaning of the word sheep! So if they passed a law saying that you had to make over 100k a year to stay in America and those who did not would be deported, would you say its ok hey cause its the law? I doubt you would cause most likely it would affect you and your family, or what if even worse they passed a law putting people to death who did not meet a certain income requirement of 100k a year Just cause something is a dam law does not make it right! There was laws in the past that made it possible for genocides to happen in the world, your a sheep if I ever saw one!

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Bahtbaht
Server: Phoenix
user: BahtBaht
By Phoenix.Bahtbaht 2015-04-17 16:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys I think what people are really missing here is one thing.

It's -always- about the MONEY.

Have the license already, good cause you already paid us money.
Use the wrong truck without a license, here's a fine for more money.
Which government/state/city/township bureaucracy DIDN'T get "their" money.

It's not about safety or liability or any of those things, it's about who or what didn't get their cut.

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2015-04-17 17:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyretta said: »
So laws are laws and we should follow all them no manner what? you are the meaning of the word sheep! So if they passed a law saying that you had to make over 100k a year to stay in America and those who did not would be deported, would you say its ok hey cause its the law? I doubt you would cause most likely it would affect you and your family, or what if even worse they passed a law putting people to death who did not meet a certain income requirement of 100k a year Just cause something is a dam law does not make it right! There was laws in the past that made it possible for genocides to happen in the world, your a sheep if I ever saw one!
You can challenge unjust laws in court, but you still have to abide by them until they are overturned, lest you risk getting caught and penalized.