FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 159 160 161
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-10-18 22:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Got 4 5*s off my 11x pull. Blood Lance, Hypnocrown x2, and Lustrous Shield. Sadly I doubt I'll use the Shield/Lance but maybe the crown.
By Pantafernando 2015-10-19 02:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Its here, nice rewards.
Free 5* sword FF7 in the end, and one 11 pull lucky draw for half price (gem or mythril).
Aside exp/orb/gil like daily dungeons.

Is this NA's first orb fest? I think JP has gotten 2 so far, so you have another one to look forward to

Yes, first one (considering our big "free" reward from mog is a 5* Golden Sword.

Asura.Failaras said: »
If I plan to use Terra as one of my main characters is Enhancer worth trying to get? Is Trance Fira better than Trance Flood? Are the stats actually good? Weird to see a nuking sword.

Also with this orbfest thing, are people just spamming the heroic level one for 4* and above orbs or is it a do only once type of thing.

Enhancer was amazing first time it was released, when we had few options to nuke, and Enhancer was a sword also. But nowaday we have plenty of options for nukes (with rods) and physical. Still its nice to have it for FF6 dungeons, but not so much outside it.

Trance Fire and Flood have about the same multiplier, just changing the element type.

About orbfest, i didnt do much, but normally the hardest have better drop rate/exp-gil stamina ratio.
By Pantafernando 2015-10-19 02:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I got Leon body and Vanille Binding Rod.
I was crazy for rod back when vit0 was here, still i really like Vanille and this rod will put her ahead others when her MC comes.
And if i can get Lightning sword, i will skip FFXIII banner, that comes right after Cloud one.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-10-19 02:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Hm. So need to set aside 75 mythril for that and then spend the rest on Organics attempts

Def go for Organics, but don't sweat it if you miss, since it's been dethroned by the AC sword that gives Fenrir Drive... just *** THAT'S OP
By Pantafernando 2015-10-19 04:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Also with this orbfest thing, are people just spamming the heroic level one for 4* and above orbs or is it a do only once type of thing.

Back to orbfest topic, i did all 4 modes, and beat 2 cactuars (hard and heroic), getting a 3* (hard mode) and a 4* (heroic mode). Aparently, the cactuar can appear in all modes, and its drop is more related to its size, probably the difficulty just playing a role in its appearance rate.

Anyway, heroic drops better gil/exp ratio, and its drops are locked to 3* orbs while hard just has 2* . So, i think choosing between hard or heroic depend of your need for 2*/3* orbs respectively. 1* orbs have little to no use nowaday (probably boost is the only 1* ability i use). 2* can be useful for double cuts and retaliate but neither demands todays orbs so i would stick to heroic anyway, as 3* orbs are the majority of abilities nowaday (-agas, breaks, etc).

Regarding to exp given, its a bit lower than sunday dungeon with no egg drop. Overall, im more interested in my lucky draws, suposing i get lucky, thats it.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-10-19 11:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to orbfest topic, i did all 4 modes, and beat 2 cactuars (hard and heroic), getting a 3* (hard mode) and a 4* (heroic mode). Aparently, the cactuar can appear in all modes, and its drop is more related to its size, probably the difficulty just playing a role in its appearance rate.

Anyway, heroic drops better gil/exp ratio, and its drops are locked to 3* orbs while hard just has 2* . So, i think choosing between hard or heroic depend of your need for 2*/3* orbs respectively. 1* orbs have little to no use nowaday (probably boost is the only 1* ability i use). 2* can be useful for double cuts and retaliate but neither demands todays orbs so i would stick to heroic anyway, as 3* orbs are the majority of abilities nowaday (-agas, breaks, etc).

Regarding to exp given, its a bit lower than sunday dungeon with no egg drop. Overall, im more interested in my lucky draws, suposing i get lucky, thats it.
I'm honestly just not sure what orbs I even need. The only abilities that really stand out to me that I need to create/hone are:

Black Magic: 4* nukes.

Other: Steal Defense (one creation) and honing the 3* elemental strikes.

White Magic: Hone Diaga and Curaga some more. I don't know if Protectga is something people use.

Physical: I don't really even know, maybe hone the Breakdowns but I usually only use them on bosses so I don't need to use them more than twice.

Even with orbfest I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get enough 5* orbs to make things like Flare Strike and hone it enough to be worth using.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-10-19 11:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

1x "Lucky Relic Draw" half-price 11 pull results: 5* Brotherhood (XII), Revolver (VIII), Magistral Rod (X), 4* Gladius (IX), Warrior's Sword (X), Cat Claws (II).
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2015-10-19 11:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Binding Rod. 3rd :|
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-10-19 12:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lucky pull uniques: Buster Sword, Sentinel's Grimoire, Golden Armor, Wild Bear. 3 shields = eew.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-10-19 15:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

jeez... this dude got 8 *5 from a pull...

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3pc6j6/and_there_goes_my_luck_for_the_next_events_lucky/
By Pantafernando 2015-10-19 17:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm honestly just not sure what orbs I even need. The only abilities that really stand out to me that I need to create/hone are:

Black Magic: 4* nukes.

Other: Steal Defense (one creation) and honing the 3* elemental strikes.

White Magic: Hone Diaga and Curaga some more. I don't know if Protectga is something people use.

Physical: I don't really even know, maybe hone the Breakdowns but I usually only use them on bosses so I don't need to use them more than twice.

Even with orbfest I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get enough 5* orbs to make things like Flare Strike and hone it enough to be worth using.

I personally use (and abuse) retaliate+ advance RW, thats very easy to build (retaliate 2*, double cuts 2*, boost 1*).

Nowaday, a very very important ability to create (dont really need to hone) is protectga and shellga. That plus power/magic break can mitigate a huge deal of dmg.

Nuke strats will rely in well honed -agas (so countless 3* black orbs), and suportive skills like faith and mana paeon.

Finally, its very nice to have haste and slowga/steal speed. I use 2 RM with auto haste and manually cast haste in the others. If boss can be inflicted with slow, the fight tend to be very easy.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-10-20 04:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now I'm using a mixed group. Yshotla, Lightning, Terra, Rinoa, and Thancred. Been using the 4* breakdowns a lot although I heard once you get steal protect or whatever its called that armor breakdown.

What RM auto haste? I had heard that manually casting Haste was usually pretty much a waste due to the lost turn anyways. It seemed to be like this was true for a lot of buffing besides retaliate strats which I don't want to use.

Sounds like I really need to focus on getting Protectga and Shellga while continuing to hone my nukes basically.
By Pantafernando 2015-10-20 14:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now I'm using a mixed group. Yshotla, Lightning, Terra, Rinoa, and Thancred. Been using the 4* breakdowns a lot although I heard once you get steal protect or whatever its called that armor breakdown.

What RM auto haste? I had heard that manually casting Haste was usually pretty much a waste due to the lost turn anyways. It seemed to be like this was true for a lot of buffing besides retaliate strats which I don't want to use.

Sounds like I really need to focus on getting Protectga and Shellga while continuing to hone my nukes basically.

The auto haste RM are Balthiers Sky Pirate Pride and Luneths Zeal. With both i reduce to 3 persons that i need to manually cast haste (even less if someone can use steal time, but it just work if the mob can be slowed).

About haste, i think you dont actually lose a turn. Haste, like protect or shell, are an increase of 100% in its respective stats. While the actual effect of haste isnt 2x speed due to waiting time before action (that isnt affected by haste), its almost twice speed, so basically you dont lose a turn: if it takes 5 secs to fill atb bar, in 15 secs that char will have 3 turns. If the first turn he cast haste on himself, he will have 5 turns in the same 15 secs. Also, if you dont rely on Advance/retaliate, you can always choose RedXIII or Sazh SBs for protectga/shellga + hastega.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-10-20 22:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hold onto your butts.
By Pantafernando 2015-10-21 03:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My body (aka pocket) is ready.
By Pantafernando 2015-10-21 14:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

In case you never saw/never payed attention when it dropped:

Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2015-10-21 15:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

17000 Gems is my limit for this
By Pantafernando 2015-10-21 15:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Valmur said: »
17000 Gems is my limit for this

Thinking better, i heard some advice on reddit that makes sense.
While Organics is op, i dont really want the others stuffs. Losing Organics now, the next chance to get it will be in the SB celebration, that will hopefully better stuffs for a banner.

Also, im in need of a FFXIII sword, thats coming next to Cloud event. I hope to get a FFXIII sword next lucky draw, but maybe i wont be betting everything on Organics.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-10-21 15:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Is cloud going to just be insanely broken with Organics and level 80 until other characters get a Super Soul Break and MC2? I don't even use cloud at the moment but I guess I might have to.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-21 15:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

My cloud is still stuck at 50 so even if I get an OP weapon I'd probably only use him in 7 events, depends on how my other guys are doing, I usually roll with a B team anyway.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-10-21 15:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy from reddit is living the dream.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-21 15:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I just came from that.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-10-21 15:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
My cloud is still stuck at 50 so even if I get an OP weapon I'd probably only use him in 7 events, depends on how my other guys are doing, I usually roll with a B team anyway.

His crystals will be available in a few hours (both of them)

Is cloud going to just be insanely broken with Organics and level 80 until other characters get a Super Soul Break and MC2? I don't even use cloud at the moment but I guess I might have to.

It's very powerful but not as powerful as Fenrir, which will be coming in a few months. I'm personally holding off on drawing on the Cloud banner and putting all of my mythril into Lucky draws.

-Organics will be available again shortly as part of a much better SSB banner that will have far more good items available than just one sword.

-Off chance that Lucky banner will include Organics for the remainder of the event anyway.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-10-21 15:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

His crystals will be available in a few hours (both of them)
Both?

I wasn't aware they had the 2nd one out in the US version yet, I need to pay more attention to release notes...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-10-21 15:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. Cloud's MC2, in addition to Organics and Barrett, are becoming available.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-10-21 16:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
-Off chance that Lucky banner will include Organics for the remainder of the event anyway.
I wish the current banners were rolled into the lucky banner. Still want Enhancer really bad but it doesn't look like I'll get it. Since orbfest I am basically not making mythril, don't even know if I'll have enough for the 25 pull that comes out today.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-10-21 16:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I could swear I saw a screenshot on Reddit of someone getting an Enhancer from lucky draw. hmm.

I have enough mythril for 1 more lucky draw and will have enough for a 3rd if I do the cloud event tonight/tomorrow, which isnt a bad plan since the 2nd phase of orbocalypse is the worst of all 4.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-10-21 16:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that getting Enhancer from the lucky draw is entirely possible, it just doesn't have the boosted drop rate you get from the current Enhancer banner.

How much mythril can be expected from the cloud event?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-10-21 16:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

10 pieces or so. Here's a detailed look at the entire event:

http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/barret-cloud-mc2/
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-10-21 16:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

10 pieces or so. Here's a detailed look at the entire event:

http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/barret-cloud-mc2/
Thanks, maybe I can make it given I only have 7 mythril now but I'll probably be *** on the 3rd or something. It looks like cloud MC2 drops from a really hard fight...I'm not even sure I'll be able to get it honestly.
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 159 160 161