Is There A Mass Exit On Cerberus???

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Is there a Mass exit on Cerberus???
Is there a Mass exit on Cerberus???
 Cerberus.Leires
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Shadowkun
By Cerberus.Leires 2015-04-05 13:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
It may be a skeleton crew left on Cerberus, but believe me when I say that those actively doing end-game content (or any content for that matter) aren't having issues whatsoever.

Casual players or those playing solo are going to have a tough time accomplishing many of the harder contents. Vagary is a perfect example as SE has inadvertently designed that to be more or less inaccessible to all but those in capable linkshells or competent PUGs.

I think in a few more weeks most standard pugs will be able to manage this with 1-2 people knowledgeable about the fights. Considering we're barely a week into it and people have already cleared all 5 nms (yourself included ~jealous~), most players will just need time.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-04-05 13:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Leires said: »
It may be a skeleton crew left on Cerberus, but believe me when I say that those actively doing end-game content (or any content for that matter) aren't having issues whatsoever.

Casual players or those playing solo are going to have a tough time accomplishing many of the harder contents. Vagary is a perfect example as SE has inadvertently designed that to be more or less inaccessible to all but those in capable linkshells or competent PUGs.

I think in a few more weeks most standard pugs will be able to manage this with 1-2 people knowledgeable about the fights. Considering we're barely a week into it and people have already cleared all 5 nms (yourself included ~jealous~), most players will just need time.

Yes Fadee told me he got the body clear last night. I will want to clear all the zones soon, even Putraxia again (the only one I beat so far) if people want it. I just need to know what to expect and what jobs to bring is all. It won't be hard to find people because they all need mats for reforging empyreans.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-05 15:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

Yes Fadee told me he got the body clear last night. I will want to clear all the zones soon, even Putraxia again (the only one I beat so far) if people want it. I just need to know what to expect and what jobs to bring is all. It won't be hard to find people because they all need mats for reforging empyreans.

PLD WHM GEO GEO GEO BLU

Works for them all.
[+]
 Cerberus.Bloodbathboy
By Cerberus.Bloodbathboy 2015-04-05 15:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

All I say it seems more active than Bis. But I have only been here a week.
By Miniberg 2015-04-05 18:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Also no one wanted to take my Dark Knight, it was Monk or Samurai only ..

We always took dark knights to tojil

I'm talking about the amazing English/German/Belgian/Dutch/Spanish/Norwegian/Swedish players I ran with in my dynamis ls, HadesReality (previously RealityDynamis on the Hades server). I ran with players like Misart, Ruijana, Overlordandy, Nightwishh, Narzoz, Nivana, Overfiend, Yojune, Ozrox and many other amazing EU players who I never see anymore because they quit. Not saying it was the only group of EU players on the server .. I was merely pointing out that the EU community took a massive hit when Abyssea came around. I found that if I wanted to set anything up, I would be better off during NA time.

That is some old EU trash I havent heard in some time.
 Cerberus.Ganlere
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2015-04-08 11:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, overall it's a basic event now that the gimmicks are known, but as populations decrease they'll need to address it more like Delve with HP and such for low man. Having 18 man content again is nostalgic, but overall flawed at this point of the game. Many of us have time constraints, real life, etc. and waiting for 18 people again and/or specific event times isn't optimal. Likewise, 18 lotting on roughly 6 drops every 40ish minutes again....fun. If they want to keep it like this for a few months, fine. I hope that by end of summer either a plasm type point system is added or low man is viable.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-04-08 12:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ganlere said: »

Yes, overall it's a basic event now that the gimmicks are known, but as populations decrease they'll need to address it more like Delve with HP and such for low man. Having 18 man content again is nostalgic, but overall flawed at this point of the game. Many of us have time constraints, real life, etc. and waiting for 18 people again and/or specific event times isn't optimal. Likewise, 18 lotting on roughly 6 drops every 40ish minutes again....fun. If they want to keep it like this for a few months, fine. I hope that by end of summer either a plasm type point system is added or low man is viable.

If people having problems getting into vagary should look at which server is doing pug vagary. Or check which server has linkshell looking for vagary members. I spoke with a few members at my old server and heard he's still 0/5 cause no shouts and dont know anybody doing vagary. A few already went to asura.

Vagary really isn't that hard. However needs one good paladin a Sam that can skillchain (to pop leg and body) black mages that can magic burst (just need one). And people that can follow instructions such as bard sleep mob, mages aga at same time, use correct elemental spells. If u a bard it's even easier just cast ballad x3.

With that said my linkshell at bahamut DOES pug vagary. Last night did leg, body x2. started shout at 10/18. Filled to 16 and just went. Leader gave instructions everyone listened. Smooth run. It's a shame that people are unable to get access and are limited to af3 109 because of no vagary activity at their server.
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-04-08 13:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

you can do it with 8-12 competent players
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-04-08 13:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Reiden said: »
you can do it with 8-12 competent players

Agreed.
 Cerberus.Midgitis
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2015-04-08 13:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there 8-12 competent people on Cerb?
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-08 18:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Midgitis said: »
Are there 8-12 competent people on Cerb?

Conagh, Mopolopo, Sirloin, Midgitis and his 3 accounts... that makes 6.. although I don't think Midgitis or I play anymore!

That said.

Brandi is winning those lolevents so I imagine that as a PUG can clear it in a matter of a day... SE can't make difficult content to save themselves
[+]
 Bismarck.Cooops
Server: Bismarck
user: coops
By Bismarck.Cooops 2015-04-09 04:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Brandi is winning those lolevents
That's all you need to know in regards to the difficulty of this event. lol
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-04-09 05:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

makes you wonder if the people complaining about the difficulty are aware that it could get gimped for parties under 18 members (a la delve) and are in fact expecting it to happen because of their complaining, rather than meet the "competency" requirement. i mean, if thats the case then they certainly arent aware that epeen is more true when in the form of "nice this guy is in my party!" rather than "nice this guy has good gear, therefor must be good!"

edit: the definition of epeen in this case would be best read as "someone genuinely valuable to play with when it comes to the toughest content"
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-09 08:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I took a group of 12 the other night for a Plouton clear, but I'm going to try with an even smaller number just for grins (with the right players*)

*This disclaimer applies to those who seem to have issues with the following:

- Listening.
- Not standing on the SAM before casting any magic, JA's etc.
- Running up to Plouton on a squishy job only to get one-shot (which consequently results in the loss of said MB).
- Nuking Aero on a Fire Elemental.
- Attempting to ninja lot an item.
- Going AFK mid-run without saying anything to the group.
- Listening (Oh, did I mention that already?)
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-09 12:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Listening.

WTFBBQSAUCE No *** listens, this is why you 18 box all the things.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-09 12:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Listening.

WTFBBQSAUCE No *** listens, this is why you 18 box all the things.

Haha, ikr?
By protectorchrono 2015-04-09 16:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Cerberus.Ganlere said: »

If people having problems getting into vagary should look at which server is doing pug vagary. Or check which server has linkshell looking for vagary members. I spoke with a few members at my old server and heard he's still 0/5 cause no shouts and dont know anybody doing vagary. A few already went to asura.

Vagary really isn't that hard. However needs one good paladin a Sam that can skillchain (to pop leg and body) black mages that can magic burst (just need one). And people that can follow instructions such as bard sleep mob, mages aga at same time, use correct elemental spells. If u a bard it's even easier just cast ballad x3.

With that said my linkshell at bahamut DOES pug vagary. Last night did leg, body x2. started shout at 10/18. Filled to 16 and just went. Leader gave instructions everyone listened. Smooth run. It's a shame that people are unable to get access and are limited to af3 109 because of no vagary activity at their server.

That's how it is with some "new content". People will get so hyped about it for the first 2-3 days then after that you will rarely see shouts for said content. Not just Cerberus, but it's happened on Bahamut, Carbuncle, and others I'm sure. Only way some people can get it done is if they get into a good linkshell that actually does events and helps members, not just sit on their *** and don't assist their fellow LS mates or a new LS mate.

PUG groups could possibly get it done but it depends on the people in said PUG groups. Sad to say, there will always be at least 1 people in those parties that will mess it up for everyone, probably not because of some things they can't control (ex: a whm failing to get a curaga in on time because a tough boss almost 1 shotting the entire party but only 1-2 ppl die which the whm has to waste time raising them) but because some don't know what they are doing.

But at the same time, I look at it like this, if you fail some content, whether be the fault of someone, you're fault or the entire party's fault, I take that as a learning experience to prepare better in the future for retries and other content.

My favorite motto is: "I learn more from my defeats, than from my victories." "My defeats help to improve myself and what I can do better next time to score a victory."
 Cerberus.Diavolo
user: Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2015-04-10 00:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
I'm not complaining, myself. Kinda nice not seeing some of the more infamous of Cerberus.

Kinda stale, more like it, no offense to the nicer/quieter group of players. Yin and yang and all that...
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-04-10 00:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

thats true chrono, but you need to understand that some people are not willing to make certain concessions in regards to play style. these players usually join groups and do things their way regardless of whats going on (to an extent, though). a good example would be that person who "doesnt believe in remedies" because they "prefer echoes", yet theyll ask for silena and paralyna even still.

i mean, yea, i think like that too. in the end though you can only do so much for people until one of two things happens:

1- they actually learn and start changing their gaming habbits/learn that you can actually practice to get better(going to solo an older skirm with say blm/rdm, so you can get used to timing spells to get them off even though youll get hit. another example similar to this is learning how to use a wall when fighting a mob with knockback, and still being able to cast) basically they take it upon themselves to go into each macro and make sure each spell has as many swaps (however small of a bonus) as their gear can provide. this usually ends up making them stop carrying around multiple jobs worth of gear, ect ect. just the beginning for them at this point.

2- they do absolutely nothing different, and act as if they have no responsibility. the type of player who calls someone elitist because someone called them out for not curing on blm smn or geo, something like that. the type of player who "hates" certain events, when in actuality, its just their way of admitting they are not willing to shoulder (any amount, really) of responsibility of everyone in their group, just like every other player in their group would do for them. a good example of this is a DD who after being brought to event after event, for the help mind you, and never did anything different even when sat down and talked to about it. they said they just want to play the game the way they know how to do it, and that "we should play our way, it turned out fine in the events we just did!". and similar to that, DD's that are incapable of being in curing range of the mages, or if the mob has a knockback move, be in a position that even if you get knocked back, you do not endanger the mages, yet remain in curing range. and further more people who cant do those things, CANNOT be depended on to use dt sets effectively, i mean if youre in yellow hp or something, or at any HP level you feel you should have dt set on during a ws, theyd need to main the dt set, rather than hit the pdt macro the second you see the move start, change after you get hit. ect. the problems honestly go far beyond these basics, and usually stem from some personal "I PERSONALLY FEEL THIS IS HOW SE MEANT IT TO BE DONE" angle.

i tell newer/returning players to build on their perspective, pretend that they could never be sure about anything 100%. i mean, each time youre involved in field experience (any event really), then youre increasing your ability to deal with conditions such as when things go bad, which is when you learn the most. youll need to understand things from a wide variety of angles, not just your own. just because you hate playing say, a DD job, doesnt mean you shouldnt play it with people you find yourself with a lot. this way youll learn how to be a better dd for your whm (playing into your whm), and also learn how to be a better whm when youre healing dd's.

honestly chrono, me and legato spent a good 6 months attempting to bring new/returning players up to speed, and i can say that less than a quarter of them turned out to be worthwhile to themselves, the others either actually dont give a ***that people are willing to help them, or are genuinely unable to grasp certain aspects of this game in a reasonable amount of time. (which is ok, i mean some players do grow slower, but as long as they show theyre willing to be the best they can be while maintaining a transition to higher skill level and better equip too i guess, theyll be worth having around in the end.
[+]
 Cerberus.Warviper
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-04-10 01:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

All i know is im tha bomb and as long as I am on Cerberus, NOTHING can stop us!!

Did i mention how awesome my BLU,PLD,THF,BLM,BRD,COR is?
 Cerberus.Kengo
user: Kengosama
By Cerberus.Kengo 2015-04-29 22:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Kek
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-29 22:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Warviper said: »
All i know is im tha bomb and as long as I am on Cerberus, NOTHING can stop us!!

Did i mention how awesome my BLU,PLD,THF,BLM,BRD,COR is?

I've been on Cerberus for years, yet I never heard of you.
[+]
By missdivine 2015-04-30 01:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Youngbull said: »
well.... your on cerberus...

no one cares about you because your pretty much worthless trash unless you are on Asura...
Asura is pretty much dead as well @ NA.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-04-30 03:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what, I've been back on Cerberus for a week and I already got a 3 day ban, terrible decision in hindsight!
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2015-04-30 05:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Paying $18 for a transfer in a game at this state is def a bad decision lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-04-30 05:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Diavolo said: »
I'm not complaining, myself. Kinda nice not seeing some of the more infamous of Cerberus.

Kinda stale, more like it, no offense to the nicer/quieter group of players. Yin and yang and all that...
The problem is that ever since HNM/proper competition died, there was no use for those people anymore.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-30 07:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

The problem is that ever since HNM/proper competition died, there was no use for those people anymore.

Meaning the game became boring!
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-05-02 04:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

Meaning the game became boring!
I remember a day where Tiamat popped at 8 in the morning, I went to bed, woke up 10 hours later, people were still fighting her. Went afk, came back 3 hours later, my LS was spamming me to rush there as PLD as they were holding it.

Honestly, there are only a handful of those days I remember, I don't think it' was that exciting mainly because of the people involved.
 Cerberus.Sargonius
By Cerberus.Sargonius 2015-05-06 07:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So, totally worth re-activating then?!
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-06 07:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I swear to *** I hate this thread.

I keeping seeing "Mass" capitalized and "Cerberus" in the title and thinking it's a Mass Effect thread. -.-;;;;;
[+]