Found Freshly Picked Summary (in Japanese)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Found Freshly Picked Summary (in Japanese)
Found Freshly Picked Summary (in Japanese)
 Lakshmi.Dyshonest
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Dyshonest
By Lakshmi.Dyshonest 2015-04-03 09:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We've done everything we can to procure development equipment for PlayStation 2, and the FFXI development team has just about managed to secure nearly all of the equipment from around the world. This equipment is limited to a couple dozen machines, and we have been carefully using these development machines to continue performing version updates on PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, and PC.
http://i.imgur.com/a3aEav7.jpg
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-04-03 09:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
literally non of our questions were answrd and they are STILL avoiding the monstrosity question....

This annoys me SO much...
Even if it's just a simple 'no thanks, no more updates for that at all' then I can just stop being hopeful for content I enjoy(ed) immensily...
By Zubis 2015-04-03 09:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't see a link to the English version of this, but it's up now at http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46687-Freshly-Picked-Vana-diel-17-Digest?p=546655#post546655

Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-04-03 10:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
Fenrir.Camiie said: »
Why is it so shocking that PS2 limitations are here to stay? They are built in to the game engine. They were never going to be done away with without a total rebuild and that was never going to happen. That's why I always balked at people who said to drop PS2 so the limitations could be removed. It just doesn't work that way.
Because, you know, SE is a big company and you would expect some professionalism/competence out of them.

Ah, ok. That's where you're going wrong. SE is a soulless, undead abomination formed from the remains of the once beloved Squaresoft and Enix from days of yore. They just aren't going to put that kind of effort into anything, and you're just setting yourself up for disappointment expecting them to do so. Trust me, I've fallen into the same trap as well many a time so no insult is intended toward you.
By Creativity 2015-04-03 11:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I like pie
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-04-03 12:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

2 people have earned a timeout. Thread page cleaned up. The Pie has spoken.
 Siren.Dekoda
Server: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-04-03 13:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Q: Will the native application be a completely separate game from the Windows version of FFXI that will continue even after March 2016?

A: As far as accounts go, this will be a separate game.

So iOS and Android won't share servers with the Windows version?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-04-03 13:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

indeed
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2015-04-03 13:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That is true, you'll have to start a whole new character.
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-04-03 13:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So... the native app is basically a remake for iOS and android? Most people thought it would be a port. Also Matsui says it will be a completely separate game only supervised by some FFXI devs and there won't be a transfer option. I wonder what profit Nexon is expecting to gain from a completely separate remake of a 14 years old game for phones and tablets.
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2015-04-03 13:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably the same profit that the other Final Fantasy games are making on phones and tablets. If not more.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-04-03 13:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senyn said: »
Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
They need to make it so this final set of missions is only playable if you have all other missions completed. It would make sence story wise. how can prish lion ... or other charecters act like they know you unless you have completed there story line's. At these days you can solo 90% of the missions out there. you just need a group for seekers of adoulin missions and those are easy.

The tears from all those people who couldn't even be bothered to complete CoP to get reforged relics/artifacts... oh my god... it would be... monumental...

I fully endorse this. Must own at least one mythic to have access to the end content, would be even more heroic... but... let's not press boundaries... (sadly).
having a mythic to be able to do the end content would be way to far I just say finish all the main story line and have everything come together similar to apocalypse nigh for zilart and cop
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-04-03 14:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
So... the native app is basically a remake for iOS and android? Most people thought it would be a port. Also Matsui says it will be a completely separate game only supervised by some FFXI devs and there won't be a transfer option. I wonder what profit Nexon is expecting to gain from a completely separate remake of a 14 years old game for phones and tablets.

Probably going to follow the disgustingly popular ideal of Pay To Win with microtransactions, which will suck dead dhalmel testicles.

"Sure, you can enter Phone-Dyna now, but to get the TEs? 1.99/each!"

Yuck.
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-04-03 14:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stephenjd said: »
Probably the same profit that the other Final Fantasy games are making on phones and tablets. If not more.

They are just ports of remakes of 2D single player games which has no need of maintenance and updates of an MMO. Also those are nothing compared to what FFXI has to offer content-wise. They (Nexon or w/e) are planning to completely remake an MMO and gradually release all the content while the original one is still being operated and that sounds ridiculous to me.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.