users online
Forum » FFXI » General » SE Live Stream (3/19) CONCLUDED
SE Live Stream (3/19) CONCLUDED
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 29 30 31
By fonewear 2015-03-17 18:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Celoria said: »
fonewear said: »
Too many people would quit looks at current playerbase... yea I don't see that being that big of a drop off...

Hopefully server merges as well.

Asura has 805 on right now... could use a bump in population.

edit: 805 not 80

When you said 80 I heard the Doors this is the end playing in my mind !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-17 18:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
According to this guy who looks Japanese, he said, well I don't know what he said. I couldn't understand him. But from his expression, he looked pretty excited.

That is as good as confirmation as you need. Excited Japanese guy proves theory correct !
Tell you the truth, I'm not sure if he was even talking about FFXI.

For all I know he could have been talking about square watermelons, and not Square Enix.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-17 18:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Square Watermelon expansion confirmed !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-17 18:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you picture what we'll be so PS2 free !

This is the end sing it with me now !

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-17 18:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

We have confirmation!
[+]
By camaroz 2015-03-17 18:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
According to this guy who looks Japanese, he said, well I don't know what he said. I couldn't understand him. But from his expression, he looked pretty excited.

ヾ(@^▽^@)ノ
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-17 18:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angelsfate said: »
I seriously doubt the Xbox 360's hardware is holding back the game much, function wise and capability wise; Not sure why you think they'd stop supporting it.
They'd do it not because of the limitations but because it would be the time. Think if they dropped PS2 and started expanding and improving, they'd eventually hit the "360 Limitations" point and on top of that, Microsoft is probably trying to either require Xbox Live memberships or get away from them.
By fonewear 2015-03-17 18:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Jim Morrison is going to to announce the triumphant return of the Doors. Please give us patience !
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2015-03-17 18:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Dropping PS2 support would have made sense 5 years ago when they still had plenty of content lined up, but at this point it would be like amputating the legs off of a terminal cancer patient. What would it serve? The PS2 would have to be preventing them from doing something big, otherwise they would only lose money by dropping support. And at this stage, something big seems about the least probable scenario. SE will likely keep FFXI on drip feed until it becomes unprofitable
[+]
 Asura.Celoria
Server: Asura
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-17 18:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Too many people would quit looks at current playerbase... yea I don't see that being that big of a drop off...

Hopefully server merges as well.

Asura has 805 on right now... could use a bump in population.

edit: 805 not 80

When you said 80 I heard the Doors this is the end playing in my mind !

Yes but now.... With all this minuscule amount of hype...

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Chyula 2015-03-17 18:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes lets announce the death of FFXI and lose 90% of the subscription.
By fonewear 2015-03-17 18:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to lose 90% of the subs just announce a new relic that is damn near impossible to get !

That or immediately make all your current gear and armor obsolete !
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-17 18:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I should stock up on popcorn and good wine and maybe buy one of those soft flannel bath robes in case they DO announce the end of FFXI service because if they do, I'm going to sit here in nothing but that robe, eating popcorn, drinking wine, and reading the shitstorm on the OFs.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-17 18:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the game lasted a lot longer than I expected If it ends now it will have exceed my and probably many other people's expectations.
By camaroz 2015-03-17 18:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

i got my dis gun b gud gif just lying and waiting
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-17 18:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep your eyes on the official forums as Anna said cause the meltdown will be epic !
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-17 18:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone on OFs just brought up "Masks of the Masters." I bet he gets banned for intellectual property reasons or something.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-03-17 18:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I should stock up on popcorn and good wine and maybe buy one of those soft flannel bath robes in case they DO announce the end of FFXI service because if they do, I'm going to sit here in nothing but that robe, eating popcorn, drinking wine, and reading the shitstorm on the OFs.

People will be sad, if not resentful. They'll have a right to be. It would be kind of shitty to laugh at justified mild grief.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-17 18:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep your eyes on the official forums as Anna said cause the meltdown will be epic !
The R/M/E meltdown was pretty epic. It lasted for like 3 weeks. the mods over there just kinda had no choice but to let it happen. Maybe that's why they have been banning like crazy lately; whatever they are going to announce, they are afraid of another shitstorm of epic proportions.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-17 18:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I could see real life grief but a game that is this old ending will happen (just maybe not soon) I don't think it is being shitty...
By fonewear 2015-03-17 18:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Part of me would be happy if the game ends cause I was really close to coming back and it will make my decision for me.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-17 18:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »

People will be sad, if not resentful. They'll have a right to be. It would be kind of shitty to laugh at justified mild grief.
I've already watched my FFXI die, I've already mourned and moved on. Maybe I'm just a little less sensitive to it.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-17 18:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming you are talking about the 75 era I felt like the game died then...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-17 18:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Not true even if you don't play it isn't hard to follow along with what is going on in the game...
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-03-17 18:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm not saying 11 would be wrong to close or that people wouldn't get over it, just that temporary grief isn't unjustified and it'd be shitty to mock somebody's meltdown. We've played this game for 13 years. Don't front like it's not a big part of your life.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-17 18:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming you are talking about the 75 era I felt like the game died then...
When they announced they were raising the cap, I had doubts and yes, I quit for awhile, but I came to enjoy Abyssea as well. Seekers killed it for me. Even with Abyssea, some of the lv 75 gear was still good for macroing in. I still macroed in Osode for WSs on MNK, WAR, and BST. Other pieces, like Haidate, were good to TP in but swapped out to WS. Seekers kinda screwed everything up.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-17 18:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

As I said, it wasn't really the content itself that ended it for me. I lost more than just a game, I lost good friends, an entire LS. We were geared decently, many were even maxed out. Do you know what I was doing 3 nights before Seekers was released? I was in Dynamis helping a friend finish his Ragnarok that I had watched him work on for months. He wanted to have it done for Seekers. Seekers came and...what is this Bereaver ***? Then the R/M/E meltdown happened. One-by-one my friends disappeared. We'd all gotten older, we had jobs, some had families, a wife, kids. There was no time to start over and start the gear grind again. Last time I logged on there was 5 people in my LS, not including me. Three of them had been AFK since the other two had been online.

Trust me, I know what grief you speak of, many laughed at us, call us "filthy casuals"..."Run to FFXIV, it's for casuals!" Part of me wants them to know that grief too. I doubt I'm alone in feeling this way.

EDIT: Also, I'd like seeing how people would react.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-03-17 19:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs more New Weapons instead of new jobs using same trash. Where are my Nunchakus. Where is my Flail. Maybe even some Books that you attack with. New jobs with old wpns getting old imo. PS4 support would be nice too.
By barkley1 2015-03-17 19:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly see it being a roadmap announcement or F2P, more than likely the roadmap announcement though. I don't think SE is willing to lose money with F2P even if they made a RMT AH via SE instead of the normal RMT.

Too many people would quit 11 if they made it F2P, my money is on roadmap, new expansion, possibly jobs etc.

Yea, F2P is sorta tricky; have to make $$$ somewhere, hence which features of ffxi will be locked for F2P players, etc? Perhaps they won't lock stuff, "Shrugs" idk.

Could be wrong, but that is my experience with F2P MMOs. I usually end up subbing or spending money regardless, lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 29 30 31