First Page 2 ... 29 30 31
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-17 03:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

Square Enix is holding a live stream of a press conference in 2 days to discuss their plans for Final Fantasy XI going forward.

I don't know if I should be scared or excited...
[+]
By Wordspoken 2015-03-17 03:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If they are going to announce another expansion, this would be a good spot for it.
[+]
By Lyncath 2015-03-17 03:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hrm... Interesting.

Would be a very good time to clarify what is ahead, if anything.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-03-17 03:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if I should be scared or excited...

Same here :/
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2015-03-17 03:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

vita
By Pantafernando 2015-03-17 03:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they will say a prophecy of a meteor coming closer of vanadiel.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-03-17 03:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting, I'll start theorycrafting about several subjects:

- New content timeline for the coming year and first quarter of 2016
- Upcoming server merges
- Termination of Playstation 2/Xbox 360 support
[+]
By Draylo 2015-03-17 03:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It begins
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-03-17 03:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shirai said: »
Interesting, I'll start theorycrafting about several subjects:

- New content timeline for the coming year and first quarter of 2016
- Upcoming server merges
- Termination of Playstation 2/Xbox 360 support
Get rid of PS2 I hope but tossing out the 360 maby few years from now but I still think 360 is fine for 11. They do need to make a PS3/PS4 version though. Just watch them anounce 3 new add on's something like acp/amk/asa or the abyssea one's anyway I remember when SE was anouncing soa before the offical anouncment people found the name that SE trade marked. I do not remember how people found that but could anyone do some digging seeing if SE trademarked any new titles that could be new expansion name?
By Mookies 2015-03-17 04:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be cool if they dumped xbone and pasta station support so that we could get visual and system upgrades.

I really do hope they continue to add jobs though. Something with unique spells and weapons, not just reusing old stuff. It would be cool to have a new weapon type, or a dual wield axe DD. Yeah I know war or bst can dw axe, but I want something themed around it as the centerpiece, not a side thought.

I also think it would be cool if they added weapons that you could level up and merit out by using them (ex: The weapon is what gains the merits, and you can put it into stuff like TP bonus, ad, haste, ws damage, aftermath, specials, etc). An alternative to R/E/M with insane xp requirements.

Either way I'm really happy with the monthly content updates and tweaks. So I'm sure they have cool stuff planned for the future.
[+]
By Lyncath 2015-03-17 04:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure they can add anymore jobs really.

What else is there left?
 Asura.Backstab
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2015-03-17 05:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe its gonna go f2p, would atleast explain why they taking bannings so serious all of a sudden. ban em while you can! and hope they rebuy REM!

on a serious note tho, i expect a boring timeline of upcoming stuff that they wont hold to anyway. the less i expect the bigger the surprise if something big comes out i guess.
By Mookies 2015-03-17 05:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Calculator, Berserker, Machinist, Mime, Chemist.

It would actually be kind of cool to have a Squire type job that as a main job could equip x amount of JA, spells, and Traits. And as a sub job it would significantly boost the parameters of the main job but offer no job traits/abilities on it's own.

But what I really want is a berserker type DW axe job hehe.
[+]
By Mookies 2015-03-17 05:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Backstab said: »
maybe its gonna go f2p, would atleast explain why they taking bannings so serious all of a sudden. ban em while you can! and hope they rebuy REM!

on a serious note tho, i expect a boring timeline of upcoming stuff that they wont hold to anyway. the less i expect the bigger the surprise if something big comes out i guess.

What would be their business model though? The game isn't really set up for f2p.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-17 05:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Mime? Considering all the people who have all jobs 99, a new job where you can pick and choose a limited amount of abilities and job traits, possibly spells too as long as you have that job levelled.

Maybe it would just be a hybrid mess of uselessness, maybe it would be OP as hell, I suppose also it would be difficult to create JSE gear for a job that is so flexible.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2015-03-17 05:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

JPs are thinking PS2 termination and server merging.
[+]
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-17 05:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »
JPs are thinking PS2 termination and server merging.
Would be great if it meant they could upgrade their hardware and not have all this limitations on fear they will break their very aged servers.
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-03-17 06:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taidis said: »
Would be great if it meant they could upgrade their hardware and not have all this limitations on fear they will break their very aged servers.

The servers aren't that aged as far as I know, at least not as old as the game itself.
That said, the majority of the limitations we are experiencing right now are actually due to the fact that the connection speed between client and server is capped at dial up speeds.

While doing away with the PS2 will open up some of the much needed client side/GUI improvements, things like inventory space increases and zone loading times will always be an issue if the server to client connection speed isn't upped.
I'm pretty sure the server hardware itself is still good for at least a couple more years.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-17 06:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

<SE> Thank you very much for spending most of your lives and time on this game, but we decided to close our moneymaker game down in favor of the brand new expansion coming out for our newer game that we probably never recover the costs from. Please transfer over there and we promise not to screw it up with PS23 limitations.
[+]
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-17 06:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shirai said: »

The servers aren't that aged as far as I know, at least not as old as the game itself.
That said, the majority of the limitations we are experiencing right now are actually due to the fact that the connection speed between client and server is capped at dial up speeds.

While doing away with the PS2 will open up some of the much needed client side/GUI improvements, things like inventory space increases and zone loading times will always be an issue if the server to client connection speed isn't upped.
I'm pretty sure the server hardware itself is still good for at least a couple more years.
Well that's a shame, realistically though, how many subscribers would they use if they dropped dial up support? There can't be that many left.
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-03-17 07:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that's a shame, realistically though, how many subscribers would they use if they dropped dial up support? There can't be that many left.

Dial up users? No, I don't think there are that many of those left in the world.
However, by retaining some form of cap on the connection speed they are able to somewhat guarantee equal loading times for most of the connected clients.

Of course you'll always have some form of latency difference caused by your distance from the servers, the routing (The amount of hops) your ISP takes to the servers, etc.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-03-17 07:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

No way in hell we are getting another expansion. But mini expansions? That could happen.

While I would be interested in a new job, the only one I want is another healer. A primary healer. Make it like Geo with healing bubbles or something to make it unique. I dunno. I am tired of WHM being the only real healer. I can main heal on SCH, but prolonged fights are a ***. And the delay that comes with popping stratagems before casting doesn't help. It's an uphill battle to heal on SCH, so might as well take WHM and have an easier time. I want options.
By arakon 2015-03-17 07:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

8am JST, seems like a business announcement rather than gamer oriented announcement.

Don't make sense to announce new stuff outside gaming conventions so I guess this is the end.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-03-17 07:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh boy here comes the "I told you so's" (Left wing):: I told you bit**'s that they where shutting down FFXI *point and laugh**... (Right wing):: I told you MF'ers that FFXI wasn't going anywhere HAHAHAHA go fu** yourselves!!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-17 07:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
No way in hell we are getting another expansion. But mini expansions? That could happen.

While I would be interested in a new job, the only one I want is another healer. A primary healer. Make it like Geo with healing bubbles or something to make it unique. I dunno. I am tired of WHM being the only real healer. I can main heal on SCH, but prolonged fights are a ***. And the delay that comes with popping stratagems before casting doesn't help. It's an uphill battle to heal on SCH, so might as well take WHM and have an easier time. I want options.
Only healing job available would be Chemist, and think of how expensive that would be....
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2015-03-17 07:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

arakon said: »
8am JST, seems like a business announcement rather than gamer oriented announcement.

Don't make sense to announce new stuff outside gaming conventions so I guess this is the end.

Its 16:00 JST not 8am according to the JP site.
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2015-03-17 07:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess:
Incoming updated brady guide

[+]
 Bismarck.Crystus
Server: Bismarck
user: Ahalfi
By Bismarck.Crystus 2015-03-17 07:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

14 Day free trial is down and at current in UK we are unable to buy Seekers of Adoulin ultimate expansion from SE website... not sure if that's related....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-17 07:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stephenjd said: »
arakon said: »

Its 16:00 JST not 8am according to the JP site.
Yeah, it would be 4 P.M. in Japan at midnight in California.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-17 07:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Inb4 they announce new awesome login campaigns.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 29 30 31