First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 137 138 139
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-01-31 14:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
I'm somewhat curious about a couple of those.

Are the wsdmg and mab ones kind of mixed purpose capes cause some of the stats seem to point for a certain use while other stats on them are more optimal for other uses.

Mab one is for Sanguine Blade/Aeolian edge, WSD one is usually for atonement but I'm guessing Akivatoo just wanted to save an inventory slot having a single cape for atonement and CDC so it's a mix of DEX/WSD (the ideal CDC one would have crit%).

Since you can only get 1 cape per job per month, my priority would be tanking(HP/meva/enmity), FC, TP, WS generic (DEX/WSD), WS specific (e.g. mab for sanguine, crit% for CDC, WSD for atonement)
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-01-31 14:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »
Blazed1979 said: »
my friends were nice enough to keep my character active in ambuscade during my 150 day+ hiatus. Got a bunch of threads/saps/dyes/dust in my storage. What's the way to go on PLD capes?

the few i made:
Code

back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'VIT+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','VIT+10','Enmity+10',}},

back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','"Fast Cast"+10',priority=1}},

back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},

back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'INT+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','INT+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+10',}},

back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Store TP"+10',}},
Slot priority is in descending order. Meaning the lowest number equips last. I'm pretty sure that's not intended for that fastcast cape. If you want that equipping first, you need priority=15 there, not 1.

Are the wsdmg and mab ones kind of mixed purpose capes cause some of the stats seem to point for a certain use while other stats on them are more optimal for other uses.
Some of them are flat out weird for PLD. DEX+WSD? WSD sucks for CDC. I'd say it was a DImidiation cape, but this is PLD not RUN.

I guess it could be an attempt to save space, or a way to use 1 cape for muliple ws... but.. seriously. make a CDC cape, wait a month, make an atonement cape. The atonement cape can double as a Savage blade cape, going STR/WSD.

Or, hell. just put the WSD on the INT/MACC cape and then you have an ideal Sanguine/AE cape that doubles as an atonement cape, rather than 2 gimp hybrid capes.

VIT cape also gets the eyebrow. If it's a tanking cape, do HP/Meva. If it's for a hybrid sets, go full DD On it then put defensive stats in other slots. Defensively, VIT may be better than it used to be(better vit/def ratio now) but not that useful. I guess it's good for Rampart.

Int cape appears to be, well.. a PLD nuking cape? And black magic nuking not Divine. I would have thought an Aeolian Edge cape, but 10 MAB over 10 WSD would be really silly for any magical WS.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2017-01-31 15:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

if you don't have burt and don't cleave just skip those two ;)

and i really suck's as DD's PLD (that why i never upgrade dot/ws equpement in the main guide)

feel free to share the Dot / ws set you use, that one thing good to dabate
By clearlyamule 2017-01-31 15:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »

Mab one is for Sanguine Blade/Aeolian edge, WSD one is usually for atonement but I'm guessing Akivatoo just wanted to save an inventory slot having a single cape for atonement and CDC so it's a mix of DEX/WSD (the ideal CDC one would have crit%).

Since you can only get 1 cape per job per month, my priority would be tanking(HP/meva/enmity), FC, TP, WS generic (DEX/WSD), WS specific (e.g. mab for sanguine, crit% for CDC, WSD for atonement)
That's sort of what I was getting at with mixed/combined capes

The MAB seemed to point towards magical ws where wsd would be significantly superior. In fact the dex/wsd would actually be better for Aeolian and maybe even for SB

Dex pointed to cdc but wsd is poor for that. As you say crit hit or even DA might be better. wsd is good for lol atonement dmg though if I was making one for atonement I'd either ignore other stats or make it a savage blade as well which would be best served with wsd in the sap slot instead of combining with cdc one or the magical ws cape

Edit: and of course beaten by martel
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-01-31 15:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, you could skip the atonement cape even if you have Burt. It's not really a significant DPS gain. And I can't recall the last time I actually used atonement spam for DPS. They really didn't scale it up enough to keep up with iLVL changes. I just have one cause I min/max things like that, and cause it doubled as a Savage Blade cape.

My main point is, there's little benefit to making capes that will have to be remade later. Prioritize which ones are most important, then make capes worth keeping.

Personally, I'm coming off a long break from FFXI, and still catching up. And my DD sets weren't that impressive before my break.

Mostly been focusing on getting tanking/enmity/FC/cure cheats and such up to date, then tackling the issues with high HP idle sets and the HP loss that comes with casting when using them.

So far I've managed to get a maintainable 3K HP set. Maintainable meaning I can cast (most)spells or use JA without losing any HP.(ws are right out. not even making hybrid HP/DT ws sets.) Of course, this is only possible by gimping potency in in your FC and actions in return for HP.

I'm also trying to maintain high PDT/DT in action sets as well, so that when I'm spamming spells/curing/etc I don't get owned form having only minimal PDT on. Vol 1 Ambuscade got me a few times like that till I started using this. EESx3 managed to hit me during Flash. Freaking flash. And if your DD are good enough, the EES queue up and HP is pushed past mulitple trigger %'s, and you can eat x6 in a row...

The loss of potency is not insignificant, but you leave no opening for anything to hurt you, and it's pretty hard for anything to kill you with 3k, and none of it lost on cast.

If I can find time, I'll put together some suggestions for updates to the guide's DD sets. But don't count on it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2017-02-01 01:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

i follow u'r advice on cape, can you please share DOT and WS set ?

mainly CDC, Savage, Requiescat.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-01 01:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Martel, you are one of the only reasons I've ever wanted to be on a different server. I think I'd have a lot of fun with a guy like you.

I made the same (probably) fc set. I do cast noticeably slower but it's not an issue while single-target tanking and it retains HP.

There's not much point in having 3k hp if almost everything you do loses 5 or 800 HP.

I wish Atonement wasn't a crappy ws but because it is, I don't even swap for it. You'll get valid bang for your buck just by ws'ing in a lot of enmity gear for a minimal WSD loss. Does it lose enmity over a WSD set for atonement? Maybe, but the difference will never be the reason you're keeping hate and on high tier content, it means the only time I'm losing HP is when I'm getting hit, triggering a cure kit, or using my SIRD set.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-02-01 05:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There is the advantage of very easily hitting the Omen objectives of cure 500 hit points x times just by losing 33% of your HP every time you do anything.
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-02-01 08:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
There is the advantage of very easily hitting the Omen objectives of cure 500 hit points x times just by losing 33% of your HP every time you do anything.
+1
500 hp cure cheat is a tool that needs to be in every PLD's toolbox for Omen, just no excuse not to. And TP sets for WS spam there is nothing on 1/2/4 that should cause a PLD any problems
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-01 09:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Better to do this intentionally with a cure cheat, than inadvertently on everything you do, regardless of the danger it might put you in.

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Martel, you are one of the only reasons I've ever wanted to be on a different server. I think I'd have a lot of fun with a guy like you.

I made the same (probably) fc set. I do cast noticeably slower but it's not an issue while single-target tanking and it retains HP.

There's not much point in having 3k hp if almost everything you do loses 5 or 800 HP.

I wish Atonement wasn't a crappy ws but because it is, I don't even swap for it. You'll get valid bang for your buck just by ws'ing in a lot of enmity gear for a minimal WSD loss. Does it lose enmity over a WSD set for atonement? Maybe, but the difference will never be the reason you're keeping hate and on high tier content, it means the only time I'm losing HP is when I'm getting hit, triggering a cure kit, or using my SIRD set.
/bow

My HP fastcast set look like this right now.

Obviously, FC/HP on cape. C path souv feet, D path hands. I forget which path is FC+ on carmine, but yeah.
ItemSet 349261
Comes out to 47% fastcast. Which is low, but better than the none you get while locking gear, and beats dropping 800 HP every cast.

Rev surcoat +2 is a huge deal for maintaining HP on precast. It's the only FC piece that has more HP than it's souveran+1 counterpart. <,< I'm maybe a week or so from +3, so 5% more FC then. and like 10? more hp.

Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »
i follow u'r advice on cape, can you please share DOT and WS set ?

mainly CDC, Savage, Requiescat.
I can update my sets fairly quickly with what I'm using. But what I'm using ain't that great. If you want good advice on DD gear, that means a lot of time spent on the spreadsheets looking at the possibilities, and I don't have that kinda time right now.

random aside, I really want to see an update to the PLD sheet with a Braden style augments page, like he did for the DRG sheet. So useful.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2017-02-01 17:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

so for Savage blade STR, Accu and "WSD" or "Doubleattack+" ?
By Boshi 2017-02-01 17:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Savage: Str30/accatt20/wsd10
Cdc: dex30/accatt20/crit10
Req: mnd30/accatt20/da10

Aki if you have any questions on a cape for a specific ws just shoot me a /tell
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-01 17:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Disclaimer. These are just my sets. No they aren't the best. They're just what I have, and I really haven't been focusing on PLD DD.

I will however talk about where the sets should go from here.

CDC
ItemSet 192297
Sulevia's, the po' man's WS gear. That said, it's actually fairly decent for chant, despite the lack of crit related stats.

B Path Carmine+1 legs will beat sulevia's legs, and I have them, so, I use them. Also, really nice acc+.

B path Carmine+1 head would also beat Sulevia's mask+1, but I have D path for the FC+.

About Lustratio+1

The body isn't even in the running, the lack of base ilvl DEX make it impossible for it to catch up to even sulevia's

The feet, even HQ D path, lose by a large margin to my so-so augmented Valorous feet. Dex+10/Crit dmg +5.

The Lustratio hands and legs are very good. Oddly I'm getting better results with A path than B, despite B paths dex/crt rate. At capped attack the B path pulls ahead though. Both of these beat sulevia+1 easily.

Head is pretty much the same. Expect oddly it fares ever so slightly better B path than the others.

However, every piece of Lustratio+1 is beaten by sufficiently augmented Valorous. It does take really good augs in some cases, to do this. So get ready for the augment grind if you want the best. It's going to suck.

You'll be going for DEX+15/Crit DMG+4% then as much acc/atk as you can get. Again Taupe stones, cause the 5 extra dex outweighs the 1% CRT DMG

REQ

ItemSet 257970
The guide is kinda right about this one, but kinda not. IF you have capped or nearly capped attack, then Carmine B path wins in all slots.

But if you don't(and come on it's Req, you don't) then Sulevia's +1 will win in most slots. The exceptions being head and legs. B path Carmine +1 will beat sulevia+1 in those slots. Which is nice, cause those are the slots with a ton of acc. Unfortunately, D path carmine head(the FC path) won't beat Sulevia's +1. And that's the one PLD's get mostly.

The Ideal Req Cape would be Rudianos's with +30 MND/20acc+atk/DA+10. on a 5 hit, ftp replicated ws, WSD means little. But I dunno that I'd want to make a Req only cape. A non AM3 tp cape with DEX/DA makes a decent alternative that still better than the next best MND cape.

All this said, perfectly, or at least very well augmented valorous/Odyssean(which ever has higher MND for the slot) can beat out the other options, again with the caveat that B path carmine +1 sometimes wins at capped atk. But like hell I'm running the augment hamster wheel for Requiescat... IF you do wanna go through that crap, use taupe stones for maxed MND. The extra 5 MND beats out the additional 1% DA fern would net you. As implied, you're going for 15 MND, 4% DA and as much acc/atk as you are lucky enough to get.

Savage Blade.

ItemSet 349280

The guide favors 5/5 Lustratio+1, but 5/5 Sulevia's beats that out right(set bonus accounted for.) If attack is capped, a mixed set of Lustratio+1 A path Head, Body and hands, then Sulevia Feet and legs Pulls ahed of 5/5 for either. If attack isn't capped, you just put the Lustratio away entirely.

Emicho+1 is marginally Ahead of Sulevia's in most slots, and the set bonus pushes it ahead a bit more. But don't use the feet. Sulevia's+1 feet are just too good for 1 hit ws. Same for the hands, even with the set bonus bolstering Emicho, Sulevia+1 hands come out ahead.

So Sulevia feet/hands and Emicho+1 A path make a good set... but not the best set.

Yep, Reisenjima augments again! /suicides.

Odyssean Head and hands, valorous body and legs, then sulevia's Feet+1.

It does take very good augments in some slots to beat out +1 Emicho, etc. But I'm not getting into every single little breakpoint of when what's better than what. Too much.

Once again, Taupe stones, cause 5 str > 1% WSD. Aim for 15 str, 4% WSD, and as much acc/atk as possible. Happy augmenting.

Ok, that covers basic WS set. I'm sure I missed something, and don't take anything I say as absolute. I never even got into acc sets....

Also note, the majority of the simulations were for non AM3. Things may vary somewhat were double attack was involved(DA devalues)
[+]
By Boshi 2017-02-01 17:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cdc: hetaroi ring, emicho body, and the other ambuscade set's hands are strong option.

Req: quartz tathlum +1 mnd4
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-01 17:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I just came back off a long break. I had the misfortune to miss Flamma entirely. I actually had them in mind for Future Drakes hands on DRG but didn't think to apply the thought to PLD.

Hetairoi. K, I show that as a increase even though I don't think this version of the sheet accounts for TA dmg+.

I actually looked at quartz tathlum +1 while I was spreadsheetn' and writing that post... I don't have one so it didn't go into my set. And after that I forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2017-02-02 00:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
Savage: Str30/accatt20/wsd10
Cdc: dex30/accatt20/crit10
Req: mnd30/accatt20/da10

Aki if you have any questions on a cape for a specific ws just shoot me a /tell
i'm looking for best DD set for PLD (i think i have or i can have all item for edit my current set)
Acting as DD isn't natural for me ^^; i didn't have solid base as dd. (my only "dd" is mnk so...)
The melee mechanic's aren't my world

set i'm actually using:

sets.precast.WS['Requiescat'] =
sets.precast.WS['Savage Blade'] =
sets.precast.WS['Chant du Cygne'] =
sets.precast.WS['Atonement'] =
sets.precast.WS['Sanguine Blade'] =

sets.engaged =
sets.engaged.Acc
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-02 01:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If your only dd is monk, you should be blown away by PLD numbers!

:p :p

._.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2017-02-02 03:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
If your only dd is monk, you should be blown away by PLD numbers!

:p :p

._.
LOL your right .

But I play BLM also, so I allready have a good way to do damage.
By Boshi 2017-02-03 16:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Mab one is for Sanguine Blade/Aeolian edge, WSD one is usually for atonement

Just for clarification here:
for magical ws's: WSD does significantly better than MAB
[+]
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2017-02-04 10:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i have added my Sanguine Blade set on previous post
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2017-02-04 20:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a lua they can share?
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2017-02-05 02:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ramsy said: »
Anyone have a lua they can share?
You also can find this on first page ;)
[+]
 Asura.Hitome
By Asura.Hitome 2017-02-10 10:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for that Akivatoo.

Quote:
include('caster_buffWatcherPLD.lua')
include('common_info.statusPLD.lua')

Are these available to download anywhere?
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-02-10 13:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hitome said: »

Quote:

Here
[+]
 Asura.Hitome
By Asura.Hitome 2017-02-11 03:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hitome said: »

Quote:

Here

Thanks!
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2017-02-11 04:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

but the PLD version of buffwatcher didn't work <<

BLM version work like a charm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wWDXaAMBr8

and PLD version....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myXT0_pEYuU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xj5l_pvxpA

he only work if you remove Crusade from buff list
https://youtu.be/dzwpXUa9fxA
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-11 08:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna say that's probably because the buff crusade yields isn't called "Crusade", so the code doesn't know wtf you're on about.

The first value in each entry of that table is the buff name, whereas the second is the spell name.

The buff you get from Crusade is called Enmity boost. so Crusade's entry would need to read,

["Enmity Boost"]="Crusade",

The info.status table is also using buff names, so I assume it would need to be changed as well, but I honestly have no idea what the numbers in that table are referencing. They aren't the buff IDs or spell IDs for those spells. So I don't know what number enmity boost would require. I can't actually find any reference to the info.status table in the main buffwatcher lua at all, so no idea what it's even supposed to do... but whatever. Not like I'm planning on using this.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2017-02-11 08:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm gonna try this change to see if that work
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-11 10:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I wrote something similar but mine tracks when the buff should wear off so I can pre-recast. I can't see the linked code on phone but is it possible the numbers are meant to be similar to duration? Like I might use 150 for phalanx?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-11 11:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, duration doesn't match. Here' take a look.
Code
info.status = 
{
  ["Phalanx"]=74,
  ["Protect"]=55,
  ["Shell"]=59,
  ["Crusade"]=153,  
  ["Enlight"]=50,  
}

I have no idea what those are supposed to be.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 137 138 139